Author Topic: Why Longboards Suck  (Read 27944 times)

Rcurry

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -7
Re: Why Longboards Suck
« Reply #150 on: February 22, 2012, 08:32:28 PM »
It never made me love skating less either. Which is why I still embrace all styles. I just cant take landings all day, I feel every single landing the next day and following week. But i can DH and freeride all day so why would i choose to only skate for thirty mins when i could go all day? There was a two year period where I would literally wake up everyday with my back feeling like a 70 yr old man from the different sports i was in. This was when I was 16. that feeling would go all day everyday. I still can't arch backwards whatsoever. my back literally won't  bend back anymore. For example last time I did a backflips on cement I felt it in my back for the next two weeks. So i accept my bodies limits cuz I don't wanna feel like I'm ancient by the time I'm thirty; cuz then I could never skate and I don't plan on stopping till I die. So you've had your injuries as well and I can respect that. But  it's clear what you think of long boarding is what's technically considered sidewalk surfing or cruising which you can Really do on any board. Don't bag it till you try it cuz I guarantee you if you love skateboarding, you'd love skateboarding down hill at 40-60mph the whole way down or pullin your board sideways for fifty feet on soft wheels and feel the thane just peel away from under your feet. It's addictive, just like landing that first Ollie or kick flip.

managuense

• Rep: -27
« Reply #151 on: February 22, 2012, 08:37:25 PM »
saw the most ridiculous awkward mongo pushing dc shirt having dickhead today. was it rcurry?

Radbloke

• Rep: 75
  • Quit jivin me, turkey.
« Reply #152 on: February 22, 2012, 08:41:25 PM »
Good chance. Was he 'freeriding' like a boss?

Brick

• Rep: -1
« Reply #153 on: February 22, 2012, 08:41:58 PM »
Longboarding is kind of like the arena football of skateboarding

ice nine

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -308
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #154 on: February 22, 2012, 08:45:23 PM »
Nah its more like aussie rules as compared to rugby.

Why don't you just skate transition longboarder? Zero impact and can do tricks easily. Also no skater says popsicle or trick stick or whatever. Only longboarders and children. And maybe horrible poseur's.
I;m sure i;m not the only dc/monster/subaru type guy here

Rcurry

« Reply #155 on: February 22, 2012, 08:45:36 PM »
Probably^ I heard this guy telling all these jokes today but they were just so clever no one got them. I mean they were some witty smart jokes, I just guess no one could understand them they were just so deep. That must've been you, right? Cuz you are just such a clever clever guy, huh?

Rcurry

« Reply #156 on: February 22, 2012, 08:46:58 PM »
Hell the styles mesh and coincide so much that guys are beginning to make hybrids just so they can throw down tricks as well as slides and go fast all on the same board

Just look up earthwing or comet's website. a giant double kick skateboard with a 20in WB? How can you argue with the awesomeness of that? plenty of other hybrids and slighty longer WB skateboards and longboards with a shorter WB than a typical longboard would have.

ice nine

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -308
« Reply #157 on: February 22, 2012, 08:52:12 PM »
What? I made no jokes, and you didn't answer why you don't just skate transition(bowls/ramps/pools).carve/go grinds/airs, there's almost no impact.
I;m sure i;m not the only dc/monster/subaru type guy here

Dontkickshitfoot

« Reply #158 on: February 22, 2012, 08:56:18 PM »

Just look up earthwing or comet's website. a giant double kick skateboard with a 20in WB? How can you argue with the awesomeness of that? plenty of other hybrids and slighty longer WB skateboards and longboards with a shorter WB than a typical longboard would have.

because people look completely ridiculous skating on those things, except the gonz.

can this be a mark gonzales appreciation thread now all Rcurry does is make me want some curry

Rcurry

« Reply #159 on: February 22, 2012, 08:59:46 PM »
Dude I skate bowl. I have two bowl boards. I just don't get too often. I don't even have a park in my town. Gotta at least go to another town just to skate bowl. But I live in a neighborhood with suuuuper steep hills that are damn fun to slide on cuz you get so much speed and I can push to those hills. I would do pool more if it was more feasible. As long as I'm on a skateboard I really don't care what kind of skating I'm doing because I'm always having fun.

Dontkickshitfoot

« Reply #160 on: February 22, 2012, 09:00:57 PM »
better example,

Rcurry

« Reply #161 on: February 22, 2012, 09:06:18 PM »
But they are fun, I really don't care how I look to other people. I'm not skating to please others. And actually most people that don't even have a background in skating like they looks of the hybrids. And I'm sure the gonz wouldn't appreciate you saying we shouldn't skate em cuz we look goofy either haha that dude is just happy if he sees a kid haven fun on a board...doesn't matter what kinda board it is.

And I would love some curry as well. It is mighty scrumptious and spicy. I've gotten that my entire life lol. My name is actually dick curry if your into exotic curry dishes Hahahahahah

Rcurry

« Reply #162 on: February 22, 2012, 09:10:37 PM »
Oh ya ice nine: I put that arrow before 3729470 ndj94o?die different posts got posted before mine. I was referring to  managuense's oh so well thought out joke

managuense

« Reply #163 on: February 22, 2012, 09:11:37 PM »
Probably^ I heard this guy telling all these jokes today but they were just so clever no one got them. I mean they were some witty smart jokes, I just guess no one could understand them they were just so deep. That must've been you, right? Cuz you are just such a clever clever guy, huh?
no i was the one driving down the street laughing at you

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1483
  • Illusion Flip
« Reply #164 on: February 22, 2012, 09:13:15 PM »
All I hear is excuses and rationalizations from Rcurry.  None of which make me think longboarders are any less lame.  Shit, in all actuality, all of Rcurry's replies back up my generalizations about every single one of the lamest longboarders on this planet.  Good job!

MexicanSpaniard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
  • S&H
« Reply #165 on: February 22, 2012, 09:26:02 PM »
Where in Texas are you rcurry?

Rcurry

« Reply #166 on: February 22, 2012, 09:27:34 PM »
My friend, you see what I'm saying as excuses while I'm simply explaining how all styles coincide, work together, and all originated at the same time because you are too stupid and close minded to try new things. You are so sure trick skating is the most badass coolest og style of skating that no other style even deserves recognition. when in reality it the techy trick skating didnt get super big till way later. You have your ego so far shoved up your ass, you're spewing shit out your mouth

Rcurry

« Reply #167 on: February 22, 2012, 09:33:17 PM »
No managuense, I'm positive it was you. I couldn't forget someone so clever. I mean I was just so impressed at your creativity. You were just SO original I couldn't possibly forget you. Please do us all a favor bestow upon us more of your witty, witty material. It would be a pleasure...no an honor to hear more of your oh so fresh material. Mmm mmm i just can't get enough of this funny guy

Rcurry

« Reply #168 on: February 22, 2012, 09:34:31 PM »
Im in the dfw man, you from tx?

Eschaton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -46
  • D?ner Macht Sch?ner
« Reply #169 on: February 22, 2012, 09:41:47 PM »
You need to learn to put all your replies in one post. You don't need to be working your way to Pal status that quick.

LOU.502

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 82
  • rawr
« Reply #170 on: February 22, 2012, 09:56:08 PM »
You need to learn to put all your replies in one post. You don't need to be working your way to Pal status that quick.
[/quote

hahahahahahah this made me lol

im probably lying

Rcurry

« Reply #171 on: February 22, 2012, 10:04:51 PM »
haha pal status? im not really concerned with the ranking of a forum llolol

managuense

« Reply #172 on: February 22, 2012, 10:30:03 PM »
for real though if you like riding a longboard and all that then go ahead and do it,life is really too short to worry about what aothher people think of you. but at the same time coming on here as the fuckin moral crusader for all longboarders is pretty pointless and lame. just accept the fact youre going to get shit for it and move on

foureyedjim

« Reply #173 on: February 22, 2012, 10:42:40 PM »
for real though if you like riding a longboard and all that then go ahead and do it,life is really too short to worry about what aothher people think of you. but at the same time coming on here as the fuckin moral crusader for all longboarders is pretty pointless and lame. just accept the fact youre going to get shit for it and move on

yeah, you keep saying you don't care others see you, but then what are you doing here sticking up for longboarding?

trannies and mannies

« Reply #174 on: February 22, 2012, 10:47:19 PM »
"i skate bowl"

managuense

« Reply #175 on: February 22, 2012, 10:52:55 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

yeah, you keep saying you don't care others see you, but then what are you doing here sticking up for longboarding?
exactly. its easy to say "i dont give a fuck" but you know people do.

mds

• Rep: 3
« Reply #176 on: February 23, 2012, 02:09:19 AM »
i blame snowboarding

finknoos

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -170
  • Typos here there and everywhere
« Reply #177 on: February 23, 2012, 02:24:58 AM »
This thread is hilarious

Dontkickshitfoot

« Reply #178 on: February 23, 2012, 03:21:27 AM »
this shit is the most delicious meal on the planet i kid you not we had this japanese girl that lived with us for a couple years and she would make this all the time

curry appreciation thread? cmon guys im tired of arguing about longboards, theyre stupid we all agree (except for curry man) lets just all just get over it

finknoos

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -170
  • Typos here there and everywhere
« Reply #179 on: February 23, 2012, 03:25:13 AM »
nah lets let him continue, its like a longboarding rabbit wearing body armour has wondered into a den full of skateboarding hyenas and is slowly bieng ripped apart