Author Topic: Swallow my pride??  (Read 2863 times)

Paul Cicero

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -295
Swallow my pride??
« on: January 28, 2012, 11:36:57 PM »
OK my Emerica HSUs just died in the ass.
Do I get some stefans? Ive heard nothing but good
things..

I am aware that this debate has been done a million times
(core vs corp etc) I just wanna hear from the lads that use
the sbs.. Are they that good?

Paul Cicero

• SLAP Pal
Re: Swallow my pride??
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2012, 12:54:39 AM »
get blazers.

i've gone back to them (cupsole this time) because my feet and ankles love them. skateboarding is a lot funner when you're not injured. so fuck it, it's in your best interest. they last a lot longer than most, too.

Thanks lad.. I was looking at them!
Anyone else??

apad88

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2012, 01:01:20 AM »
Can't go wrong with Janoskis, great board feel, durable as fuck!, and plus they look great. Pretty much the perfect shoe. There's always mids for those people who say the regular ones have shitty ankle support.

Paul Cicero

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2012, 02:25:06 AM »
I was tossing up between them and the BA mids..
I do agree they look great! Anyone skated the BAs??

boyan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 70
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2012, 05:25:49 AM »
they are shoes, just wear whatever feels comfortable for you
« Last Edit: January 29, 2012, 06:36:46 AM by boyan »

Hobochilli

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 304
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2012, 05:34:23 AM »
they are shoes, just wears whatever feels comfortable for you

Stoop Kid

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -72
  • Fuck hipsters.
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2012, 07:12:08 AM »
You can never go wrong with some Half Cabs.

Ripped Laces

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 9
  • Dude, this is america. There are idiots everywhere
    • Ripped Laces = Shoe reviews, product reviews & more avatar image
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2012, 07:30:15 AM »
Tnt 5's are a great fucking shoe.

victor333

« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2012, 08:41:54 AM »
Catch my fade??

in all seriousness, square two's or bust.

-cheaper
-probably more durable
-"core"
-not everyone has them
- fusion/e-suede for added durability (if you want)

BraveUlysses

« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2012, 09:18:25 AM »
I want these square two's pretty damn bad

Albinskejt

• Rep: -6
  • Japp
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2012, 09:20:50 AM »
I want these square two's pretty damn bad

Those are sick, loved my pair. ?S really makes great shoes
Check out my original thought: Chris Cole does some ugly tricks and has wack kit! I'm super edgy and interesting because of my controversial opinions.

The Twilight Zone

« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2012, 09:22:00 AM »
-probably more durable

nope. I've had square 2's and janoskis, The janoskis are much better and more durable

fulfillthedream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 319
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2012, 02:43:30 PM »
Can't go wrong with Janoskis, great board feel, durable as fuck!, and plus they look great. Pretty much the perfect shoe. There's always mids for those people who say the regular ones have shitty ankle support.

i haven't and probably never would skate  a pair cause they are too thin for my preference in shoes. but i noticed all my homies who skate these over and over again seem that each pair last em pretty long. i guess not the canvas ones for obvious reasons..but i guess if you dig a thin vulc shoe this seems to be the key choice for lots of folks.
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

gsosa

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 292
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2012, 03:10:25 PM »
I feel  ya on the whole not wanting to buy Nike deal, I'm kind of on the fence on that one. But no one can really deny the fact that Nike makes some quality shoes. They skate great, and last a long time, I'd recommend getting some Bruins or Blazers instead if Janoski's though.

Hercules Rockefeller

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -13
  • i`m a double-bacon-genius-burger.
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2012, 03:23:31 PM »
if you want a simple slim shoe, maybe give deklines a go. never had them on my map, but they really surprised me a lot. bought 2 more pairs.

Paul Cicero

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2012, 03:29:21 PM »
they are shoes, just wear whatever feels comfortable for you

Wow, thanks for that! Ill start buying comfortable shoes
from now on.

Tim_Smith

• Rep: -2
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2012, 03:36:24 PM »
I'm probably the only person in virginia that dislikes janoski's. They are super thin and don't have as good a board feel as a pair of vans old skools or eras. Paper thin on the sides. Don't lace up high enough, so my foot feels like it's going to fall out all the time, even when I tie them tight. Just not a fan. If you're gonna go nike though, and especially if you're looking for a good cupsole, the Koston's are worth every penny. Comfortable, break in fast, good board feel for a cupsole. Only thing is price and I had a hole in the bottom in a month. But a month of skating everyday during the summer = 2-3 months of skating randomly during the winter, so that's probably why I got a hole so quickly.

Everybody around here though swears they are the best shoe ever, sooooo you should probably disregard everything I said.

ollienorth

• Rep: 3
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2012, 06:04:13 PM »
I'm probably the only person in virginia that dislikes janoski's. They are super thin and don't have as good a board feel as a pair of vans old skools or eras. Paper thin on the sides. Don't lace up high enough, so my foot feels like it's going to fall out all the time, even when I tie them tight. Just not a fan. If you're gonna go nike though, and especially if you're looking for a good cupsole, the Koston's are worth every penny. Comfortable, break in fast, good board feel for a cupsole. Only thing is price and I had a hole in the bottom in a month. But a month of skating everyday during the summer = 2-3 months of skating randomly during the winter, so that's probably why I got a hole so quickly.

Everybody around here though swears they are the best shoe ever, sooooo you should probably disregard everything I said.

so true. haha i happen to live in virginia as well and i didn't like them at all, just way too thin. they are damn beautiful though.

if you want to try out "corporate" shoes though, i'd recommend adidas.

DaSk8D00D

« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2012, 07:02:08 PM »
havent skated janoskis yet but ive skated a ton of Nikes so im sure they are as good as people say they are. depends on the type of shoe you want really. they're obviously super thin so if you want a lil more padding and support all around id get the blazers. they last a while and are really a well-balanced shoe all around.

poopmonkey

• Rep: 20
« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2012, 05:56:58 PM »

victor333

« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2012, 03:44:38 PM »

Yea, fight through that shit...or you're gonna be on the receiving end of an ass-raping by a couple cowboys

BlackEye77

• Rep: -94
« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2012, 04:01:22 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Tnt 5's are a great fucking shoe.

Agreed. Especially the mids: same good stuff, just more of it.

Paul Cicero

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2012, 11:42:25 PM »

GarglesCmen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 39
  • Hey, Nice Ass
« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2012, 10:42:35 AM »
Janoksis are a great shoe, just wait it out if they are way to thin when you first get them, wear them around and stretch them out and you will be all set.

HOUSTON, TEXAS!

InternetDaddy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 42
  • sup breh
« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2012, 01:19:04 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

so true. haha i happen to live in virginia as well and i didn't like them at all, just way too thin. they are damn beautiful though.

if you want to try out "corporate" shoes though, i'd recommend adidas.
another VA resident janoski disliker here. I got a pair in really good shape for 3 bucks at the thrift store, and they were just too thin for me. They do look damn nice. If you like thin shoes though, Bruins are really nice in my opinion. Skate really well, last a decently long time, and they look good.
Look I'm not selling anything that doesn't have my jizz on it. I don't care how much is offered.

gutterhead.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -15
« Reply #25 on: February 04, 2012, 03:19:45 PM »
Janoskis have to be the absolute worst shoe to break in. whenever i get a new pair they kill my feet... but after suffering for the first week they're some pretty alright shoes.

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1293
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #26 on: February 05, 2012, 08:41:20 PM »
Janoskis have to be the absolute worst shoe to break in. whenever i get a new pair they kill my feet... but after suffering for the first week they're some pretty alright shoes.
yeah these shoes put my feet in a stranglehold. i loved my first pairs so i thought id try the mids. ive been wearing them on and off for 2 weeks and they still havent seemed to loosen. im bummed.

dankradschwag

« Reply #27 on: February 08, 2012, 10:53:03 AM »
the first pair of janoskis i had were so bad on my feet at first, but the next few were good right outta the box. but im over supporting nike anymore...

DaSk8D00D

« Reply #28 on: February 08, 2012, 11:51:43 AM »
i know the janoski's are a thinner shoe but i think you guys should still consider getting them ina bit bigger sizes. the dunks i normally wear are 10.5's with 2 insoles. my heel & ankle are locked in & secure while the rest of my foot has a nice bit of foot/toe room. not so much to the point where it feels like my shoes are too big but they're 100% comfortable & very secure. i bought some reynolds 3s in a size 8 and they fit my foot almost perfectly, as far as accurate shoe sizes go.  of course some shoes fit differently than others but if you're consistently having shoes fit you too tight id say get em a half size or a full size bigger than normal just for that extra foot room & breathability.  it also helps if you're weird like me and have to frequently cross your long toe over your big one to be comfortable lol

MINDFIELD

• Rep: -10
« Reply #29 on: February 08, 2012, 11:55:35 AM »
my friend gave me a pair that were already broken in and they were amazing, i bought a new pair after and they are really fuckin narrow when they r new, thats my only problem with them, where the side pannel stops and the toe cap begins it is super tight on me and takes multiple days of wearing for them to be comfy, i would reccomend team editions, same look just wider fit and better insoles.

I imagine a whore's vagina would smell like a fresh bag of Doritos