Author Topic: Wheels for your cruisers?  (Read 5523 times)

DevMo!

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 2
Re: Wheels for your cruisers?
« Reply #30 on: February 09, 2012, 11:16:37 PM »
^^
Those are fucking dope!

Dontkickshitfoot

« Reply #31 on: February 12, 2012, 04:10:46 AM »
Ive always really liked OJ III's but my last pair got some gnarly chunks taken out of them pretty quick, so im tempted to try something new, those ty evans wheels looked mighty fine

svilleantigo

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 61
« Reply #32 on: April 06, 2012, 09:40:21 AM »
bumping this thread to give you all a heads-up on a downside i've been finding with ricta clouds as of late. i've been using em for a while now, and on my last couple sets, the cores have cracked on some of the wheels. This loosens the contact between the bearing and wheel (they basically fall out when you take the wheel off the truck), and eventually it'll fuck up the bearing. they're my go-to wheel for all types of skating, so that might be a factor.. maybe they're too soft to handle the shock from tricks and such, i dunno. they're amazing otherwise, but so are bones ATFs, and based on this, i'm probably gonna be using the ATFs exclusively from now on. just a little FYI, i guess.

VictoriousOG

« Reply #33 on: April 06, 2012, 09:56:55 AM »
OJ III's are the worst wheels for cruisers because they're just soft but not made to grip. So when you do slide or turn hard, the wheel will attempt to grip but fail leading to chunking. I was recommended to try these: