Author Topic: American Ramp Company (ARC) Getting Sued  (Read 20386 times)

Who Skates

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 0
Re: American Ramp Company (ARC) Getting Sued
« Reply #60 on: February 21, 2012, 04:46:25 AM »
"If you don?t mind, I?d like to give you a little context.  We are a Christian based company: our owners and many of us are Christians. We believe this directly affects the way we do business" If that's true we're all in trouble...

"we treat our customers honestly and offer them the best product on the market at a competitive price."  Seriously?

"We also do not participate in the competitor bashing that is so prevalent in the Skate-Park Industry."
Bullshot... at almost exactly the same time this guy was writing this another sales rep named Jon Hunter was hounding one of our clients in Michigan, feeding him phone numbers to call for bad references on my company. We were working with a small town with only $30k to spend and ARC was trying to sell them a precut wood DIY kit. The client had to finally send a letter through an attorney to make him stop.

Then, a sales rep named Tyler Woods sent this email, truncated because it's pretty long, to a client in NH. While he was writing this email ARC was busy buying Hardcore and Breaking Ground Skateparks in an attempt to gain some legitimacy in the skate world, something that they obviously couldn't do on their own. The city Mr. Woods was harassing now has a proper peanut with pool coping and a small plaza for their $60k rather than the steel rattle-trap ARC was proposing.

"Thanks for the update on the skatepark project. I can?t help but be concerned that WhoSkates is the company you have decided to select for the skatepark design/build services. I do not at all mean to come across as negative but rather informative.

WhoSkates is a relatively new company to the poured-in-place concrete skatepark industry. They only built modular skatepark ramps up until about 2 years ago when they decided to try their hand at the poured-in-place game. They do not have enough experience to complete the quality work required by your project.

The very reason they're being sued is because they will say and do ANYTHING to make a sale and the industry is sick of it.

Fenzadill

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 91
  • lemme get the 4 dollar one
« Reply #61 on: February 23, 2012, 11:21:23 AM »
"If you don?t mind, I?d like to give you a little context.  We are a Christian based company: our owners and many of us are Christians. We believe this directly affects the way we do business" If that's true we're all in trouble...

"we treat our customers honestly and offer them the best product on the market at a competitive price."  Seriously?

"We also do not participate in the competitor bashing that is so prevalent in the Skate-Park Industry."
Bullshot... at almost exactly the same time this guy was writing this another sales rep named Jon Hunter was hounding one of our clients in Michigan, feeding him phone numbers to call for bad references on my company. We were working with a small town with only $30k to spend and ARC was trying to sell them a precut wood DIY kit. The client had to finally send a letter through an attorney to make him stop.

Then, a sales rep named Tyler Woods sent this email, truncated because it's pretty long, to a client in NH. While he was writing this email ARC was busy buying Hardcore and Breaking Ground Skateparks in an attempt to gain some legitimacy in the skate world, something that they obviously couldn't do on their own. The city Mr. Woods was harassing now has a proper peanut with pool coping and a small plaza for their $60k rather than the steel rattle-trap ARC was proposing.

"Thanks for the update on the skatepark project. I can?t help but be concerned that WhoSkates is the company you have decided to select for the skatepark design/build services. I do not at all mean to come across as negative but rather informative.

WhoSkates is a relatively new company to the poured-in-place concrete skatepark industry. They only built modular skatepark ramps up until about 2 years ago when they decided to try their hand at the poured-in-place game. They do not have enough experience to complete the quality work required by your project.

The very reason they're being sued is because they will say and do ANYTHING to make a sale and the industry is sick of it.

FUCK THOSE DUDES

i wish more skaters gave a shit about getting proper parks built in their towns
example. i cant cast a spelll or love potion on a girl and she falls total in love for me
but i can show a girl my tv youtube clip on my or her phone. but there's a difference ok

ice nine

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -308
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #62 on: February 23, 2012, 06:24:55 PM »
Sounds like arc is the walmart of skating. This shit is important and I hope more people wise up and put an end to pre-fab altogether.
I;m sure i;m not the only dc/monster/subaru type guy here