Author Topic: Sale Gear Thread  (Read 2202879 times)

dumptruck12, somedudefromnj and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

pointandclick

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 245
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Sale Gear Thread
« Reply #8130 on: October 27, 2020, 09:04:43 PM »
lakai needs to rerelease the traditional cupsole telford and carrol mid. no xl. black colorway every season.

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1930
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #8131 on: October 27, 2020, 09:22:07 PM »
lakai needs to rerelease the traditional cupsole telford and carrol mid. no xl. black colorway every season.

Soca is where its at!

Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

pugmaster

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1579
  • Overweight and Underprepared
« Reply #8132 on: October 27, 2020, 11:24:26 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Soca is where its at!

"...We got the nuclear worm over here..."

Never forget:
Rusty_Berrings, 360 frip, Yapple Dapple, Bubblegum Tate

HORSES

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 334
« Reply #8133 on: October 28, 2020, 07:01:42 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
not really a "sale" but definitely skate nerd related. Orchard Skateshop has an "Overripe" section with some OG Lakai Telfords, not cheap, but pretty new looking. a bunch of cool vintage stuff in there.

https://orchardshop.com/collections/overripe?page=1&sort_by=manual
[close]
This is the polar opposite of a sale. But, I did scoop up a Lance mag. Thanks!
[close]

Great idea, wish more shops did this. I always wanted those Skate Fairy Carrolls.

They also have the Krooked Jake Johnson board, my favourite of all the gest boards. They've definitely priced it accordingly.

I think I've seen a few shops do this. It's great since a lot of rare stuff pops up. It's amazing what some shops have hidden away in the back.

I have that Jake Johnson board, and had it up on eBay about a year ago, and it only made it to $140, so I cancelled the auction. $400USD is a pipe dream.

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #8134 on: October 28, 2020, 08:12:19 AM »

frankiesomethin

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 19
    • SkateVideoSite avatar image
« Reply #8135 on: October 28, 2020, 09:13:01 AM »
Expand Quote
I have been thinking about the color thing for days. Here is a recent Baker with 3 stained plies.

*pic*

Here are are two recent Heroin boards with 2 stained plies each.

*pic*

And then here is one recent Heroin Board with only one stained ply

*pic*

Sorry for out of focus

I’ve been a Baker Boys fanboy since middle school. I have never skated a bad board from them in my life. I prefer boards with more colors, but I’m actually skating worse on the Baker with 3 colored plies, and best on my solo colored ply Heroin. I don’t think it matters that much.

That being said, my most crisp feeling board right now is a DGK which I believe has at least 3, maybe even 4 colored plies. Don’t have a pic of that one right meow.
[close]

I don’t know if there is any truth to this and someone more knowledgeable can chime in but I remember hearing someone say the darker the ply makes the boards less crisp. Not necessarily darker color but more how opaque the stain is cause it fits in dye longer so it gets soggy?

Idk the colors of plies on the one you currently are feeling so this may be bullshit.

Can anyone confirm or deny this?

Hmm I may have an answer for you. For my TL;DR friends: it probably doesn't matter.

I'm a cabinetmaker/furniture finisher and I work with all sorts of products to treat and condition wood, including dyes and stains, which are two different types of products. Dyes are colorants (natural or aniline) that are completely dissolved in a solvent. Most stains contain dyes within them as well as pigments, binders, and solvents. What that means is that when a stain is applied to wood, it leaves pigments behind in the pores and when a dye is applied it completely saturates the fibers of the wood. It's possible that if a stain is used on a veneer it may appear more opaque because the pigments are left behind in the pores of the wood after the solvent dissolves.

however...

I'd guess most skateboard veneer manufacturers are dying their colored plies and for the sake of efficiency they are probably using alcohol based dyes or NGRs ("Non-Grain Raising", glycol ether based dyes) because they don't raise the grain of the wood and they dry much faster than water and oil based dyes. I think the moisture content of the veneers at the time laminating, the adhesives used, and the density of each individual veneer are better determinants of how "crisp" a board will feel.

Admins: first time poster here so if this response is deemed irrelevant to the topic just delete and I'll PM the user. Thanks.
DM me if you wanna help us out over at SkateVideoSite.com

bumpnrun

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 44
    • Fairways & Flips avatar image
« Reply #8136 on: October 28, 2020, 10:23:40 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I have been thinking about the color thing for days. Here is a recent Baker with 3 stained plies.

*pic*

*pic*

*pic*

Sorry for out of focus

I’ve been a Baker Boys fanboy since middle school. I have never skated a bad board from them in my life. I prefer boards with more colors, but I’m actually skating worse on the Baker with 3 colored plies, and best on my solo colored ply Heroin. I don’t think it matters that much.

That being said, my most crisp feeling board right now is a DGK which I believe has at least 3, maybe even 4 colored plies. Don’t have a pic of that one right meow.
[close]

I don’t know if there is any truth to this and someone more knowledgeable can chime in but I remember hearing someone say the darker the ply makes the boards less crisp. Not necessarily darker color but more how opaque the stain is cause it fits in dye longer so it gets soggy?

Idk the colors of plies on the one you currently are feeling so this may be bullshit.

[close]

Hmm I may have an answer for you. For my TL;DR friends: it probably doesn't matter.

I'm a cabinetmaker/furniture finisher and I work with all sorts of products to treat and condition wood, including dyes and stains, which are two different types of products. Dyes are colorants (natural or aniline) that are completely dissolved in a solvent. Most stains contain dyes within them as well as pigments, binders, and solvents. What that means is that when a stain is applied to wood, it leaves pigments behind in the pores and when a dye is applied it completely saturates the fibers of the wood. It's possible that if a stain is used on a veneer it may appear more opaque because the pigments are left behind in the pores of the wood after the solvent dissolves.

however...

I'd guess most skateboard veneer manufacturers are dying their colored plies and for the sake of efficiency they are probably using alcohol based dyes or NGRs ("Non-Grain Raising", glycol ether based dyes) because they don't raise the grain of the wood and they dry much faster than water and oil based dyes. I think the moisture content of the veneers at the time laminating, the adhesives used, and the density of each individual veneer are better determinants of how "crisp" a board will feel.

Admins: first time poster here so if this response is deemed irrelevant to the topic just delete and I'll PM the user. Thanks.

^ cool insite about veneers and colouring them.

Freelancevagrant

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1560
« Reply #8137 on: October 28, 2020, 10:27:04 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

*pic*

*pic*

*pic*

Sorry for out of focus

[close]

[close]

however...

[close]

^ cool insite about veneers and colouring them.
that was a grade A knowledge dart.
Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson dated flight decks.

mynameisnotjeff

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 582
« Reply #8138 on: October 28, 2020, 10:49:26 AM »
That’s how you make a good first post
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #8139 on: October 28, 2020, 12:19:24 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

*pic*

*pic*

*pic*

Sorry for out of focus

[close]

[close]

however...

Gnared for knowledge.
Thank you!

Mr. Stinky

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 311
« Reply #8140 on: October 28, 2020, 03:21:15 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Soca is where its at!

I seriously lose my mind every time I consider that shoe. Lakai made one of the nicest dunk rip offs ever, then just doesn't bother to make it when dunks become almost impossible to get. A genius move from crailtap.

Croquet temper

• Rep: -35
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #8141 on: October 28, 2020, 07:21:14 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Soca is where its at!

[close]

I seriously lose my mind every time I consider that shoe. Lakai made one of the nicest dunk rip offs ever, then just doesn't bother to make it when dunks become almost impossible to get. A genius move from crailtap.

I'm pretty sure I had this shoe in grey back in the day. Wouldn't have changed a thing about them. I had a similar pair of Adios that were sort of vulcanized in brown with a white sole that I've wondered about since. But who asked me anyway

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #8142 on: October 28, 2020, 08:04:39 PM »
Had a pair in navy + white and got them for $25 which was a steal since Lakais were selling for $100 in Asia. Kept them as a chiller shoe before the sole gave out and flopped out the bottom.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

spacial_profiling

• Rep: -88
« Reply #8143 on: October 29, 2020, 04:50:41 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Soca is where its at!

[close]

[close]

I'm pretty sure I had this shoe in grey back in the day. Wouldn't have changed a thing about them. I had a similar pair of Adios that were sort of vulcanized in brown with a white sole that I've wondered about since. But who asked me anyway

Had the 2’s in lime green and blue. Loved em. Game changer for sure.

skateandphotos

• Rep: 11
  • I just wanna ollie everyting
« Reply #8144 on: October 29, 2020, 05:20:21 AM »
SkateWarehouse is having a T shirt sale

https://www.skatewarehouse.com/tees.html

Cuban_Lynx

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • I got the internet goin' nuts
« Reply #8145 on: October 29, 2020, 07:31:37 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Soca is where its at!

[close]

[close]

[close]
Had the 2’s in lime green and blue. Loved em. Game changer for sure.
Their Beibel's were some of my all time favorites. I used to rock this colorway at the office and got daily compliments. Shit, even my German grandma gave me props.

Croquet temper

• Rep: -35
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #8146 on: October 29, 2020, 07:50:52 AM »
German grandmas know

Made In China

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 646
« Reply #8147 on: October 30, 2020, 10:26:39 AM »
Converse is having a sale where a bunch of their shoes are $25. There's not many skate models and lots of weird ugly colorways for the classic Chuck Taylors and 70's, but there's some One Star slip ons and some other cool shoes.

https://www.converse.com/shop/select-style-sale

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #8148 on: October 30, 2020, 11:24:33 AM »
Converse is having a sale where a bunch of their shoes are $25. There's not many skate models and lots of weird ugly colorways for the classic Chuck Taylors and 70's, but there's some One Star slip ons and some other cool shoes.

had those CTAs in my cart all week and undecided because of that teal. now im wondering if i can dye them

PincherBug

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -102
« Reply #8149 on: October 31, 2020, 01:54:16 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
had those CTAs in my cart all week and undecided because of that teal. now im wondering if i can dye them

Nordstrom Rack has a bunch of converse skate models, yeaterday i ordered a pair of JP pro lows in midnight turquoise with a white sole, they dont look to bad online . Only 40$
And a pair of checkpoint pros in a dark turquoise with a black sole which look pretty sick. Especially for 25$

They sent me a promo code for free shipping over 49$ FREESHIP49

Got both for like 69$ shipped

Edit: yesterday was last day for promo code my b, b
Just looked and they still got a bunch of decent colorways and a good variety of sizes

pugmaster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #8150 on: November 02, 2020, 03:04:27 PM »
I noticed TGM skateboards has old stock for various companies.  Do you know of any other online retailers that have old skate stock (hardgoods, softgoods, shoes, etc.)?

Thanks in advance!

Never forget:

Allen.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 714
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
« Reply #8151 on: November 02, 2020, 03:31:25 PM »
I noticed TGM skateboards has old stock for various companies.  Do you know of any other online retailers that have old skate stock (hardgoods, softgoods, shoes, etc.)?

Thanks in advance!

Skateamerica.com
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -238
« Reply #8152 on: November 02, 2020, 04:30:18 PM »
Expand Quote

Thanks in advance!
[close]

Skateamerica.com
https://orchardshop.com/collections/shoes-overripe
Lakai’s from 2005-6
eS from 2009
Some good sizes in there.
https://orchardshop.com/collections/decks-overripe
You can just hit the menu on their site and find the full overripe section.
There’s a couple Mother decks, a jerry hsu and MJ chocolate deck. Some anti hero stuff and a handful of other brands.
Prices are high tho.
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

doomstation55

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 877
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • [b]TEAM DOOM MS 2018[/b] avatar image
« Reply #8153 on: November 02, 2020, 04:37:05 PM »
All of those shoes are 9.5 or 10.5 too FYI

Gary Bucket

• Rep: 42
« Reply #8154 on: November 02, 2020, 04:51:40 PM »
Expand Quote

Thanks in advance!
[close]

Skateamerica.com

Orchard Skateshop Overripe. More “vintage” than bargain bin, but applicable

https://orchardshop.com/collections/overripe

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 855
« Reply #8155 on: November 03, 2020, 02:20:45 AM »

Thanks in advance!

https://www.strange-house.net/

I love this place. They put everything online and have a huge selection of older decks and other hardgoods. You can find some wild stuff like old stock Pennswood pressed conspiracy decks and those foundation shape decks that are like 8.6 x 31. Lots of wheels and trucks too.. I even got a pair of the blue anodized indy 149 hollows from there.

The owner is an old school 80s ramp skater type so he stocks a lot of semi obscure tranny oriented boards. Really nice guy too. Some day I want to go there in person and just spend like a full day digging through everything and doing my skate nerd with a tape measure routine on all the boards. I bet I could drop a grand without even realizing it.

pugmaster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #8156 on: November 03, 2020, 07:37:27 AM »
Wonderful information everyone, thanks!

Never forget:

spacial_profiling

• Rep: -88
« Reply #8157 on: November 03, 2020, 08:51:35 AM »
Static IV $16.50 on skatewarehouse

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #8158 on: November 03, 2020, 09:27:05 AM »
Expand Quote

Thanks in advance!
[close]

I love this place. They put everything online and have a huge selection of older decks and other hardgoods. You can find some wild stuff like old stock Pennswood pressed conspiracy decks and those foundation shape decks that are like 8.6 x 31. Lots of wheels and trucks too.. I even got a pair of the blue anodized indy 149 hollows from there.

The owner is an old school 80s ramp skater type so he stocks a lot of semi obscure tranny oriented boards. Really nice guy too. Some day I want to go there in person and just spend like a full day digging through everything and doing my skate nerd with a tape measure routine on all the boards. I bet I could drop a grand without even realizing it.

If his website is any indication of how he organizes his stock you're going to be there a long time digging through his treasure trove.

Edit: oh shit some left over P2 and a Justin Strubing Powerply! Dimensions are way bigger than I could handle, someone please buy it so I don't get tempted.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2020, 09:55:13 AM by rocklobster »
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

mynameisnotjeff

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 582
« Reply #8159 on: November 03, 2020, 12:27:13 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Thanks in advance!
[close]

[close]

If his website is any indication of how he organizes his stock you're going to be there a long time digging through his treasure trove.

Edit: oh shit some left over P2 and a Justin Strubing Powerply! Dimensions are way bigger than I could handle, someone please buy it so I don't get tempted.
There’s some Element boards with their equivalent of a P2 and and Almost Uber Light.  The temptation is real.
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.