Author Topic: Sale Gear Thread  (Read 2186917 times)

Tom Pearl

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 203
Re: Sale Gear Thread
« Reply #12060 on: January 17, 2023, 07:10:58 PM »
20% off at old skull

code: WARMUP20

the email says 20% off all in stock so i assume that means everything?

Uglier

• Rep: 14
« Reply #12061 on: January 18, 2023, 03:01:43 AM »
20% off at old skull

code: WARMUP20

the email says 20% off all in stock so i assume that means everything?
Can confirm code works on sale items. spontaneous 6am purchase
the duck may swim on the lake, but my daddy 𝘰𝘸𝘯𝘴 the lake

Gene_Harrogate

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 632
« Reply #12062 on: January 18, 2023, 06:14:53 AM »
Expand Quote
https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cnhlbk2q2dP/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
Looks like Alltimers is starting a warehouse sale tomorrow.
TOMORROW! WILD WAREHOUSE SALE! MYSTERY BOXES! UP TO 50% OFF EVERYTHING ON THE SITE! GREAT DEALZ! 12 PM EST ALLTIMERS.COM
[close]

idk man, from my experience in the past, mystery boxes are just filled with shit that couldnt sell i.e. boards with shit graphics

honestly cant back mystery boxes anymore, just a waste of money imo
Yeah IDK about mystery boxes, but from what's written, I got the impression that everything is going to be on sale on the site, not just the mystery boxes. 

Get hungry on it!

spacial_profiling

• Rep: -86
« Reply #12063 on: January 18, 2023, 09:05:13 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cnhlbk2q2dP/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
Looks like Alltimers is starting a warehouse sale tomorrow.
TOMORROW! WILD WAREHOUSE SALE! MYSTERY BOXES! UP TO 50% OFF EVERYTHING ON THE SITE! GREAT DEALZ! 12 PM EST ALLTIMERS.COM
[close]

idk man, from my experience in the past, mystery boxes are just filled with shit that couldnt sell i.e. boards with shit graphics

honestly cant back mystery boxes anymore, just a waste of money imo
[close]
Yeah IDK about mystery boxes, but from what's written, I got the impression that everything is going to be on sale on the site, not just the mystery boxes.

Sale sucks. $35 decks are fire. Maybe the boxes are the way to go lol

slimvanilla

« Reply #12064 on: January 18, 2023, 09:24:03 AM »
alltimers shipping is $12... unless ur order is over $100, getting you free shipping :)

uesty

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 93
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #12065 on: January 18, 2023, 09:58:29 AM »
https://wearecivil.com/shop/

my local just put tons of shoes on sale. ishods, one stars, puigs, LRAB, and various past seasons blazers for the low  8)

throw a cute note when you check out and ill throw some extra stickers in your box :)

sadnocomply

• Rep: 117
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #12066 on: January 18, 2023, 04:19:30 PM »
https://wearecivil.com/shop/

my local just put tons of shoes on sale. ishods, one stars, puigs, LRAB, and various past seasons blazers for the low  8)

throw a cute note when you check out and ill throw some extra stickers in your box :)
shoutout Civil man. Been purchasing from the online store for years. Never had any issues ever. Damn good shop.

my bad cuh

« Reply #12067 on: January 20, 2023, 08:08:40 AM »
https://usa.lastresortab.com/
40%/50% off on some stuff, very nice

arrbee

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 429
« Reply #12068 on: January 20, 2023, 08:25:20 AM »
Quote from: DaveFuck
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

Made In China

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 646
« Reply #12069 on: January 20, 2023, 09:26:01 AM »
Brand new colorway of the 1010.s for $55. Decent size run left

https://www.paradeworld.com/products/new-balance-1010-tiago-brown-blue-nm1010ru-130-7234366930980/
Wow that's a crazy deal on a sick colorway that just dropped! If I didn't just cop a pair of the beef and broccolis I would be on this sale fast.

thehogsniper

• Rep: 54
« Reply #12070 on: January 20, 2023, 12:03:27 PM »
I'll be honest, from a consumer standpoint I'm loving the insane amount of deals, even if I'm spending a lot more than I should. From a business standpoint, I think it's kind of worrying to see. Dunks are hitting shelves and sitting, many of the more "core" brands seem to be backing themselves into a corner with their pricing (Lakai/soletech), and I think the market is soon enough going to really shrink. Maybe I'm talking out my butt, but I think it's starting to become a serious sign of trouble. Overproduction, cost of living issues, changing trends, rising product cost are really contributing to an insane amount of deals. I've worked retail a lot of years before moving to another job, but this last Black Friday started earlier than before and arguably hasn't stopped. It's really odd to see.

OhioGuy

• Rep: 72
« Reply #12071 on: January 20, 2023, 12:16:04 PM »
I'll be honest, from a consumer standpoint I'm loving the insane amount of deals, even if I'm spending a lot more than I should. From a business standpoint, I think it's kind of worrying to see. Dunks are hitting shelves and sitting, many of the more "core" brands seem to be backing themselves into a corner with their pricing (Lakai/soletech), and I think the market is soon enough going to really shrink. Maybe I'm talking out my butt, but I think it's starting to become a serious sign of trouble. Overproduction, cost of living issues, changing trends, rising product cost are really contributing to an insane amount of deals. I've worked retail a lot of years before moving to another job, but this last Black Friday started earlier than before and arguably hasn't stopped. It's really odd to see.
Yeah, I got three pairs of Tyshawn’s for like $90. I feel like they’re just overproducing a lot of skate products and the market isn’t that big, like the average person doesn’t know who Tyshawn or Tiago is, they’re not like Lebron. I’d love to see the numbers on all this stuff.

BartHarleyJarvis

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1082
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #12072 on: January 20, 2023, 12:49:14 PM »

This has been discussed in other threads, but a lot of what we're seeing is Covid whiplash. Outdoor industries specifically had exploding demand during 2020/2021 when people were isolating and looking for activities they could do outdoors or alone. Pair excessive demand with broken supply chain, and you get scarcity and higher prices. At the same time, companies were supercharging ordering to keep up with demand to try and capitalize. Plus, interest rates were historically low and borrowing money was basically free, so a lot of people weren't very mindful of their ordering/spending.

However, what goes up must come down and now we're seeing the backlash. Factories caught up and started shipping product, warehouses start filling up, and then demand slows down because inflation is a concern and all of a sudden a lot of companies are sitting on WAY too much product and consumer buying is slowing down. This is true of skateboarding as well as other industries like cycling or Stand up paddleboards or kayaks or roller skates or whatever.

This year will probably be rough for outdoor industry professionals as well as retail, and there's going to be a lot more product getting blown out. I know of a big box store that has hundreds of shipping containers of product sitting outside their distribution centers because they just don't have space. It's also a reason why so many stores have magenta boards in stock on sale: they were available during covid when no one else could get boards, but there's essentially no demand for them when literally any other brand is available...

Sundaynuggets

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Rep: 124
« Reply #12073 on: January 20, 2023, 02:01:22 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Yeah, I got three pairs of Tyshawn’s for like $90. I feel like they’re just overproducing a lot of skate products and the market isn’t that big, like the average person doesn’t know who Tyshawn or Tiago is, they’re not like Lebron. I’d love to see the numbers on all this stuff.

Dang, where did you get the Tyshawns?

OhioGuy

« Reply #12074 on: January 20, 2023, 02:18:42 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Got two pairs from CCS and one for $29 with free shipping on Adidas eBay. This was around November, but I saw another sale on their eBay like a week ago.

Sundaynuggets

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Rep: 124
« Reply #12075 on: January 20, 2023, 02:24:45 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
Got two pairs from CCS and one for $29 with free shipping on Adidas eBay. This was around November, but I saw another sale on their eBay like a week ago.

Gotcha, thanks! I just got a pair and am surprised how much I like them

thehogsniper

• Rep: 54
« Reply #12076 on: January 20, 2023, 05:10:00 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
From what I've been told from people involved with my local shop, adidas in general is really struggling with their skateboarding brand. Their policies haven't been friendly to stores. They're not promoting it as heavily as before, and I don't know a single shop in my state (besides Premier) who even carries them. The Tyshawn, Puig, Nora are all solid shoes from my experience, so it's funny to see adidas having to clearance everything. Their outlets are littered with that kind of stuff.

OhioGuy

« Reply #12077 on: January 20, 2023, 05:15:01 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
From what I've been told from people involved with my local shop, adidas in general is really struggling with their skateboarding brand. Their policies haven't been friendly to stores. They're not promoting it as heavily as before, and I don't know a single shop in my state (besides Premier) who even carries them. The Tyshawn, Puig, Nora are all solid shoes from my experience, so it's funny to see adidas having to clearance everything. Their outlets are littered with that kind of stuff.
Yeah they’re not as visible as Nike or hell, even New Balance. Like Tyshawn is two time SOTY, you’d think they’d put him in some commercials or do something like NB did with Tiago to promote his shoes, but it all feels like an afterthought.

Uglier

• Rep: 14
« Reply #12078 on: January 20, 2023, 05:22:15 PM »
So this isn’t normal behavior? I was starting to think there were massive sales at all times and they were just hidden on this site, there’s been new sales every week since I joined in Nov
the duck may swim on the lake, but my daddy 𝘰𝘸𝘯𝘴 the lake

manysnakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1117
« Reply #12079 on: January 20, 2023, 06:22:54 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

I know it’s adidas’ thing, but having a dozen shoes which look functionally identical does not remotely appeal to me.
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

manysnakes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #12080 on: January 20, 2023, 06:24:56 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]
Yeah they’re not as visible as Nike or hell, even New Balance. Like Tyshawn is two time SOTY, you’d think they’d put him in some commercials or do something like NB did with Tiago to promote his shoes, but it all feels like an afterthought.

Goddamn is that true. Tyshawn is the 22 year old King of New York. He’s twice won SOTY, he’s modeling high fashion; he should be one of the faces of the entire adidas brand. It’s baffling that he’s not front and center.

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1891
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #12081 on: January 20, 2023, 10:13:40 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

This has been discussed in other threads, but a lot of what we're seeing is Covid whiplash. Outdoor industries specifically had exploding demand during 2020/2021 when people were isolating and looking for activities they could do outdoors or alone. Pair excessive demand with broken supply chain, and you get scarcity and higher prices. At the same time, companies were supercharging ordering to keep up with demand to try and capitalize. Plus, interest rates were historically low and borrowing money was basically free, so a lot of people weren't very mindful of their ordering/spending.

However, what goes up must come down and now we're seeing the backlash. Factories caught up and started shipping product, warehouses start filling up, and then demand slows down because inflation is a concern and all of a sudden a lot of companies are sitting on WAY too much product and consumer buying is slowing down. This is true of skateboarding as well as other industries like cycling or Stand up paddleboards or kayaks or roller skates or whatever.

This year will probably be rough for outdoor industry professionals as well as retail, and there's going to be a lot more product getting blown out. I know of a big box store that has hundreds of shipping containers of product sitting outside their distribution centers because they just don't have space. It's also a reason why so many stores have magenta boards in stock on sale: they were available during covid when no one else could get boards, but there's essentially no demand for them when literally any other brand is available...

Same for a lot of ToA brands, and a lot of 8.0 decks aren't moving too. My guess is oversupply will persist till end of 2023 with skate shops taking the hit, I can think of 4 that have shifted to online only and haven't updated their inventory since late last year, probably clearing whatever they have before closing for good.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

mynameisnotjeff

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 581
« Reply #12082 on: January 21, 2023, 12:11:40 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]

Goddamn is that true. Tyshawn is the 22 year old King of New York. He’s twice won SOTY, he’s modeling high fashion; he should be one of the faces of the entire adidas brand. It’s baffling that he’s not front and center.

Isn’t Tyshawn in a contract where he can only model for Supreme?
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 787
« Reply #12083 on: January 21, 2023, 05:34:54 AM »
The bottom is about to fall out of this shit, so stock up on those $30 boards while you can
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

manysnakes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #12084 on: January 21, 2023, 05:49:57 AM »
The bottom is about to fall out of this shit, so stock up on those $30 boards while you can

You mean the cheap boards are about to end or the industry is about to implode?

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 787
« Reply #12085 on: January 21, 2023, 07:42:29 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Little bit of both I think.  I could see boards costing a lot more once the market corrects itself, and a lot of these straggler brands (and pros) going away. 
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

manysnakes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #12086 on: January 21, 2023, 08:48:29 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Little bit of both I think.  I could see boards costing a lot more once the market corrects itself, and a lot of these straggler brands (and pros) going away.

Agreed. There has be to be a huge course correction in the next 24-36 months, which is why I’ve been stockpiling $30 decks. I’ve got the money and the space to store them indefinitely, and when the ship straightens, I think there’s going to be a lot more industry consensus around US $60-70 decks.

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 939
  • U neg cuz UR insecure-glad I got under your skin
« Reply #12087 on: January 21, 2023, 12:38:59 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Agreed. There has be to be a huge course correction in the next 24-36 months, which is why I’ve been stockpiling $30 decks. I’ve got the money and the space to store them indefinitely, and when the ship straightens, I think there’s going to be a lot more industry consensus around

US $60-70 decks are already the MSRP standard these days. It started with buying direct from board companies, after which the shops followed suit.

chronicbackpain

• Rep: 156
« Reply #12088 on: January 21, 2023, 01:49:07 PM »
20% off New Balance at
https://www.cowtownskateboards.com/products.cfm?catID=brand&brandID=New%20Balance%20Numeric
until the 29th
with code: NB#2023
ends on the 29th

Lhotse’s Pit of Death

• Rep: -380
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #12089 on: January 21, 2023, 01:58:49 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]

[close]

Isn’t Tyshawn in a contract where he can only model for Supreme?
Kader joked in his the Bunt interview that he was the only member on Supreme that isn’t allowed to model for other companies. Tyshawn was in a print ad campaign for Tiffany last year- which is LVMH not VF Corp. So Tyshawn could def model for Adidas if they asked him.