Author Topic: Sale Gear Thread  (Read 2186394 times)

wax poetic, Free hat, TastyBurrito, gangleri, OldGrayandMongo, Idk (+ 2 Hidden) and 6 Guests are viewing this topic.

Jebediah

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 110
Re: Sale Gear Thread
« Reply #12480 on: March 10, 2023, 05:56:40 PM »
I'd rather go too big than too small. I remember reading some pro would stuff his feet into shoes a size too small (maybe figgy) and skate them, that's just crazy too me. These big boys gotta breathe.

Made In China

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 646
« Reply #12481 on: March 10, 2023, 10:28:31 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Converse Fastbreak Sage Pros - Obsidian/Navy - $44.71

https://www.skatewarehouse.com/dailydose.html

I want to bite but the sizing feedback is all over the place....TTS....go half size down...etc...
[close]

These look sick, just grabbed myself a pair. I'm even considering buying a second pair just to stock up
[close]

Did you go TTS or .5 down? =D
[close]

.5 down.
[close]

I looked through their catalog and saw that they received most shoes accurately.  For example they do recommend a half size down in many other converse. But did suggest these are true to size.  So I ordered my actual size.  I’ll circle back once they arrive.  I’ve always thought these looked the part.
[close]

Sorry bro. You will 100% be returning these because theyll be a half size too big.
I had a pair of Fastbreaks with the lunarlon in my true size and they fit perfectly. I doubt that much have changed about them and this dude will be fine.

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1092
« Reply #12482 on: March 11, 2023, 04:54:48 AM »
I'd rather go too big than too small. I remember reading some pro would stuff his feet into shoes a size too small (maybe figgy) and skate them, that's just crazy too me. These big boys gotta breathe.

You are correct.
Lots of folks are still doing this too. Worried about ‘losing flip tricks’, not worried about walking correctly. Shit is wild.
Much rather have the shoe fall off mid trick, than hurt constantly.
People are out here doing the infant burrito wrap to their feet.
I did it too. I think it’s a big part of why I hated skating stairs gaps. Running out kills when your shoes are too small.

Lessfillingtastegreat

• Rep: 54
« Reply #12483 on: March 11, 2023, 01:23:10 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

I want to bite but the sizing feedback is all over the place....TTS....go half size down...etc...
[close]

These look sick, just grabbed myself a pair. I'm even considering buying a second pair just to stock up
[close]

[close]

.5 down.
[close]

I looked through their catalog and saw that they received most shoes accurately.  For example they do recommend a half size down in many other converse. But did suggest these are true to size.  So I ordered my actual size.  I’ll circle back once they arrive.  I’ve always thought these looked the part.
[close]

Sorry bro. You will 100% be returning these because theyll be a half size too big.
[close]
I had a pair of Fastbreaks with the lunarlon in my true size and they fit perfectly. I doubt that much have changed about them and this dude will be fine.

These run true to size. Got them today and they fit perfect. Had I got a sized down I’d be bummed out.
8.1 Drift -  venture 5.6 , Jessup, SFF  54mm Swiss ceramics  -https://imgur.com/a/WlDgenx

boneless900

• Rep: 52
« Reply #12484 on: March 11, 2023, 01:37:44 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

.5 down.
[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

These run true to size. Got them today and they fit perfect. Had I got a sized down I’d be bummed out.

I got mine yesterday (I went TTS). Thoughts on the fit so far: a little bit of excess toe room but after lacing it up tighter, the shoe felt more snug and secure. If you wanted a perfect fit (no extra room) I think going down .5 might make sense for some but for me personally, it'd too cramped since I got wide feet. All in all, pretty stoked on these cons. Helluva deal

Ourladyoftheflowers

• Rep: 82
« Reply #12485 on: March 11, 2023, 03:01:15 PM »
For the record CHICOSTIX50 still works on the chicostix site. Bought two juiced up popsicles when it first got posted. BBS and the shape is real nice. Plus even if it’s discounted still giving Chico money

chronicbackpain

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 157
« Reply #12486 on: March 16, 2023, 08:09:15 AM »
KINETIC25
@ https://kineticskateboarding.com/
for 25% off retail shoes/apparel

Edit: It works on sale stuff too.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2023, 08:17:38 AM by chronicbackpain »

concerned_parent

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 281
« Reply #12487 on: March 16, 2023, 10:25:28 AM »
vans running their 30% off sitewide for "vans family" members.
good come sausage

concerned_parent

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 281
« Reply #12488 on: March 17, 2023, 07:43:54 AM »
volcom extra 50% off their sale section

mltd extra 35% off your order

DC extra 50% off their sale section

RVCA extra 50% off their sale section

fuckin' leprechaun deals left and right
good come sausage

chronicbackpain

• Rep: 157
« Reply #12489 on: March 17, 2023, 08:01:46 AM »

spacial_profiling

• Rep: -86
« Reply #12490 on: March 18, 2023, 06:47:24 AM »
Couple Vans skate slips and authentic sub $20 after code daddies20 , decent sizes

https://www.daddiesboardshop.com/collections/clearance/vans

FGO925

• Rep: 20
« Reply #12491 on: March 18, 2023, 09:59:06 AM »
25$ element deck (literally paid $25 including free shipping) came in and it’s nowhere near as bad as I would have thoughts.
Slightly different dimensions than the size chart on the site. Solid deal for the deck, probably just old stock they’re getting rid of but I’m stoked to have a $25 bbs board to skate. I’ve never seen a board list the full details of the shape/dimensions which is cool I guess.

hiljentaa

• Rep: 282
« Reply #12492 on: March 18, 2023, 10:32:33 AM »
I'm on my fourth Element boards in a row because they are so cheap. I have two more to skate.

I only buy the pro model boards and I always make sure to check the size chart for that particular board before buying. There are two shapes for each width.

Yeah, Element isn't Polar or Quasi or whatever, but the boards are great quality and you can get them for $18-28 shipped compared to ~$60. Their videos are great and I am happy to support Jaakko or Westgate or Madars.

OhioGuy

• Rep: 72
« Reply #12493 on: March 18, 2023, 12:08:29 PM »
I'm on my fourth Element boards in a row because they are so cheap. I have two more to skate.

I only buy the pro model boards and I always make sure to check the size chart for that particular board before buying. There are two shapes for each width.

Yeah, Element isn't Polar or Quasi or whatever, but the boards are great quality and you can get them for $18-28 shipped compared to ~$60. Their videos are great and I am happy to support Jaakko or Westgate or Madars.
Yeah I’m looking at their site now. Crazy that they’re so discounted. Graphics aren’t bad either. May just grab a couple just cause.

lamfordie

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 278
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #12494 on: March 18, 2023, 12:18:13 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Yeah I’m looking at their site now. Crazy that they’re so discounted. Graphics aren’t bad either. May just grab a couple just cause.
Hows the shape of the nose? Is it the pointy, rounded or squared?

hiljentaa

• Rep: 282
« Reply #12495 on: March 18, 2023, 12:28:45 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

I've only skated the 8.38/14.25/31.9 and 8.25/14.25/31.9.

The 8.38 is more of a traditional nose and tail. A tiny bit towards the pointier side.

The 8.25 is fuller round nose and tail.

chris.

• Rep: 184
« Reply #12496 on: March 18, 2023, 02:39:54 PM »
I just got a sale Element delivered from SoCal today.  I'm intrigued by the measurements and it looks really nice.  Graphics aren't half bad either.  I feel better about this one than the cheap Pizza's I was contemplating recently at least.

OhioGuy

• Rep: 72
« Reply #12497 on: March 18, 2023, 04:28:29 PM »
I just got a sale Element delivered from SoCal today.  I'm intrigued by the measurements and it looks really nice.  Graphics aren't half bad either.  I feel better about this one than the cheap Pizza's I was contemplating recently at least.
Yeah, Pizza is so budget with their graphics and the name is dumb. Element isn’t super popular anymore, but their stuff seems quality.

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1888
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #12498 on: March 18, 2023, 05:29:04 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

The 8.25 / 8.38 Madars Apse and Jaakko ones I got are tapered, shortish tail that feels shorter than it measures (6.44 - 6.5) because of the tail.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Southernmost

• Rep: 106
« Reply #12499 on: March 20, 2023, 02:23:18 PM »
Primitive mystery decks available again. 2 for $75 or 3 for $90. Tons of sizes. Banner says free ship over $100 and they usually have a pop up ad for a sign up discount.

https://primitiveskate.com/products/mystery-decks-bundle?variant=39938953838654

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1033
« Reply #12500 on: March 20, 2023, 03:35:08 PM »
I think primitive, , crail, and DGK mystery boxes are all year round and the price don’t change

Southernmost

• Rep: 106
« Reply #12501 on: March 20, 2023, 04:20:35 PM »
I think primitive, , crail, and DGK mystery boxes are all year round and the price don’t change

Ahh ok, wasn’t aware of that. I loved the last couple Crail bloards I skated. Good to know. I got Primitive ads for it twice on Instagram today so I guess they’re just pushing it. Also been getting tons of Noah ads since Louie got on.

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1888
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #12502 on: March 20, 2023, 10:51:14 PM »

$36 for a pair of Royal Ultralights, available in 7.75 / 8.0 / 8.5 / 8.75
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Skrotum

• Rep: 12
« Reply #12503 on: March 21, 2023, 10:39:34 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

.5 down.
[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

I got mine yesterday (I went TTS). Thoughts on the fit so far: a little bit of excess toe room but after lacing it up tighter, the shoe felt more snug and secure. If you wanted a perfect fit (no extra room) I think going down .5 might make sense for some but for me personally, it'd too cramped since I got wide feet. All in all, pretty stoked on these cons. Helluva deal

I went half size down and they are too tight. I usually go full size down in ctas. And rolled my ankle in these right out the gate ( probably because they are too tight )

Tom Pearl

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 203
« Reply #12504 on: March 22, 2023, 07:32:43 AM »
50% off tees,hoodies,jackets at union

code: TSFJ

ejazzle

• Rep: 62
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #12505 on: March 22, 2023, 07:40:41 AM »
the house is still running that 40% off everything sale. Still plenty of nikes/addidas. some nb too.

https://www.the-house.com/shoes-skate-shoes

LukodaLurker

• Rep: 5
« Reply #12506 on: March 22, 2023, 12:08:48 PM »
the house is still running that 40% off everything sale. Still plenty of nikes/addidas. some nb too.

I don't see the sale applying to everything though? Only like a couple shoes are on sale.
"dude was that switch?"

Second Division

• Rep: 8
« Reply #12507 on: March 22, 2023, 05:41:14 PM »
50% off tees,hoodies,jackets at union

code: TSFJ

Good looks on this - picked up a Free Skate Mag shirt I've been wanting

ejazzle

• Rep: 62
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #12508 on: March 23, 2023, 07:39:14 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I don't see the sale applying to everything though? Only like a couple shoes are on sale.
at checkout the code is SAVINGS
It was automatically putting it in for me.

LukodaLurker

• Rep: 5
« Reply #12509 on: March 23, 2023, 08:13:39 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
at checkout the code is SAVINGS
It was automatically putting it in for me.

Sick that worked for me! Thanks ! 8)
"dude was that switch?"