Author Topic: Most Stylish Skate Shoes?  (Read 8346 times)

DaSk8D00D

Re: Most Stylish Skate Shoes?
« Reply #30 on: March 04, 2012, 10:11:58 AM »
I ain't even gon lie vic I only skimmed thru that essay full of wannabe anti-hipster bullshit but its obvious you still just don't get it. You makin broad ass generalizations about the people who buy these kicks but you don't know what really makes them popular. you don't know what jordans the sole is inspired by, or how useful that handle actually is, lil details like that. Its all opinion but if you think that people buy skytops just to be "trendy" you're not getting the full story.any sneakerhead will surely tell you that there's more to it than that. I like simple shit too so ain't knockin that. I fuck wit all the shoes you listed but at the same time the sneakerhead in me (I collect more than just skate shoes) tells me that the skytops pretty much got the most style...they don't look like every other shoe out there.

Strike A Pose

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -613
  • Get slapped!
« Reply #31 on: March 04, 2012, 01:38:12 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Skytops are some of the whackest shoes, and only people age 13-24 find them cool. They're just not a timeless design, and they're playing off the 'louder is better' craze right now. Style right now is very similar to how it was in the 80's...can't say I'm a huge fan of that.
[close]

[close]

That's a pretty damn huge demographic in skateboarding
[close]

I was more or less just trying to make a point. For the record, I'm in that demographic and I don't find them stylish.

Hell, let me list shoes I think are better-looking:

Nike Koston 1
P. Rod 2.5
Ronan
upcoming Kalis shoe + Cole lite S
Campus Vulc

...but maybe that's cause 'I like my shit boring'. Stylish, to me, doesn't necessarily mean what's trendy or with the youth demographic is into. Good style - although I'll admit is completely subjective - is more timeless than that.

A solid white or black t-shirt with a pair of jeans is stylish to me, and a timeless look; certain nuances will change like the fit or the wash, but THAT is a great look.

To each his own, though, I suppose. But you can't disregard my opinion on the matter just cause you don't like it, cause at the end of the day, it's all opinion.
[close]

yeah yeah yeah i know its all an opinion but we're talking about the most STYLISH shoes here. not just some "what looks the most presentable with my kohls jeans & whatever shirt im wearing" type kicks. you might think that its just some wannabe trendy shit but there's more to the actual design that you think. you're prolly not into shoes & fashion like that so you dont see it the way I, and the average "13-24 year old" do. dont forget about the sneakerheads, celebrities, fashion designers...pretty much anybody who would actually know a thing or two about real style. really what im tryna say here is that you have no absolutely swag & you really dont know what you're talking about while you're over there playing "shoe expert"
[close]

I have no "swag" because my wardrobe isn't gaudy, ostentatious, or over-priced? Good to know.

"more to the actual design"

Really? Adding items like a handle to the back of a sneaker does not make it better. Look, maybe I exaggerated how I don't really like the skytop - it's not that bad - but I don't know how you could think it's so stylish? You just seem like another dude who gets hung up on the latest trends without really seeing style.

And the fact you said Kohl jeans like it's a bad thing really shows how limited and sheepish your views on fashion are. You can walk into Kohls naked and come out looking like a homosexual, professional, trendy, hip, punk, etc.

Brand names don't make clothes, so before you start throwing the 'what fashion designers are doing' line, know:

1) everything was designed by a fashion designer of some sort

2) shit you see on the runway rarely finds its way to the street. 

3) it's a celebrities job to promote themselves, and a lot of the time that means dressing in outlandish, colorful, and expressive ways. Also, are you going to call people like Clooney and Pitt not stylish, because they wear "boring" stuff?

Also, a lot of people like to say Dylan Rieder looks stylish. You know what he wears? A button-up shirt, some rolled up jeans, maybe a leather belt, and a pair of low-key shoes.

But I guess he's not stylish cause he doesn't wear all-over print shirts, skytops, and bright colors.

When you hit 25, you're going to be like, "man, glad I don't wear that shit anymore; glad I grew up." Cause you'll realize that all the trends you tried to follow were just a waste of time and money.

And look, I'm all for finding what you like, thinking outside the box, and expressing yourself. But following or buying into something JUST cause it's "trendy" is pretty stupid. And it's not like I'm completely immune to it, but you can bet your sweet bottom-dollar that I have no problem saying something looks like shit, even if it is considered "trendy" - Uggs, skinny jeans, giant glasses, I'm looking at you.

No, you have no swag because you are a fucking lame who stays catching feelings like a bitch!

+Skytops are trendy but they are built for performance/

victor333

« Reply #32 on: March 04, 2012, 03:24:18 PM »
+cool stories, bros/

DerpyHooves

« Reply #33 on: March 04, 2012, 11:28:37 PM »
I personally like Cons CTS, simple yet the most stylish to me.

Hatechild

« Reply #34 on: March 05, 2012, 12:50:34 PM »
Anything from the Osiris or Globe line from late 90's early 2000's.

brianwilson

• Rep: -35
    • Flickr avatar image
« Reply #35 on: March 05, 2012, 01:04:54 PM »
Emerica guady's are tight.

Mad Lauder

• Rep: 37
  • RIP SLIM DUNKIN
    • THEWORST avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #36 on: March 06, 2012, 11:35:51 AM »

I have no "swag" because my wardrobe isn't gaudy, ostentatious, or over-priced? Good to know.

"more to the actual design"

Really? Adding items like a handle to the back of a sneaker does not make it better. Look, maybe I exaggerated how I don't really like the skytop - it's not that bad - but I don't know how you could think it's so stylish? You just seem like another dude who gets hung up on the latest trends without really seeing style.

And the fact you said Kohl jeans like it's a bad thing really shows how limited and sheepish your views on fashion are. You can walk into Kohls naked and come out looking like a homosexual, professional, trendy, hip, punk, etc.

Brand names don't make clothes, so before you start throwing the 'what fashion designers are doing' line, know:

1) everything was designed by a fashion designer of some sort

2) shit you see on the runway rarely finds its way to the street. 

3) it's a celebrities job to promote themselves, and a lot of the time that means dressing in outlandish, colorful, and expressive ways. Also, are you going to call people like Clooney and Pitt not stylish, because they wear "boring" stuff?

Also, a lot of people like to say Dylan Rieder looks stylish. You know what he wears? A button-up shirt, some rolled up jeans, maybe a leather belt, and a pair of low-key shoes.

But I guess he's not stylish cause he doesn't wear all-over print shirts, skytops, and bright colors.

When you hit 25, you're going to be like, "man, glad I don't wear that shit anymore; glad I grew up." Cause you'll realize that all the trends you tried to follow were just a waste of time and money.

And look, I'm all for finding what you like, thinking outside the box, and expressing yourself. But following or buying into something JUST cause it's "trendy" is pretty stupid. And it's not like I'm completely immune to it, but you can bet your sweet bottom-dollar that I have no problem saying something looks like shit, even if it is considered "trendy" - Uggs, skinny jeans, giant glasses, I'm looking at you.

youre slowly turning this into a fresh vs. hesh argument.
I dont recall ever putting on anything Southpole in my life.
http://soundcloud.com/theworst

dino conflict

• Rep: 13
« Reply #37 on: March 07, 2012, 04:35:32 PM »
Straight up. Penny bleeds style. well at least back when this came out he did.

oh and fuck skytops. who wants to skate a shoe that tall? blazers are as tall as a skate shoe should go.

DaSk8D00D

« Reply #38 on: March 07, 2012, 05:05:43 PM »
Skytop 3s are mids, and are about the same size if not shorter than blazers. I have a pair of both

Lumpy Oatmeal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 111
  • only the classics
« Reply #39 on: March 08, 2012, 07:21:59 AM »
i tink footage of dudes in eras/authentics always looks better
and yall dont need to be worryin about my rep, if yall really need to know, its cause no other rapper on here gully enough to do the dirt dolo i done
[quote author=drunk link=topic=46570.msg125

dino conflict

• Rep: 13
« Reply #40 on: March 08, 2012, 09:20:11 AM »
Skytop 3s are mids, and are about the same size if not shorter than blazers. I have a pair of both

Skytop 3 is just called that cause its Muska's shoe. There is nothing skytop about it. Its cupsole even. In fact the 3 has a silhouette closer to the penny shoe than the first two skytops (of which i was referencing via fuck skytops).

wuust

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -26
« Reply #43 on: March 09, 2012, 07:55:42 AM »
Vita Dill gets my vote again and again.

Strike A Pose

• Rep: -613
  • Get slapped!
« Reply #44 on: March 09, 2012, 10:27:06 AM »

360 frip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65504
  • -65 G 4 RYFE
« Reply #45 on: March 09, 2012, 12:57:40 PM »
Expand Quote
Vita Dill gets my vote again and again.
[close]
Yeah. Never owned them, always thought they looked sick.
"I DON'T WANT TO BELONG TO ANY CLUB THAT WILL ACCEPT PEOPLE LIKE ME AS A MEMBER." Groucho

"Sorry 360 frip, you are banned from using this forum!" HATE

juja

« Reply #46 on: March 09, 2012, 11:55:43 PM »

Not sure if it was mentioned yet, but Sheep shoes are very stylish...

Andrefosho

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 148
« Reply #47 on: March 10, 2012, 12:57:40 AM »
Straight up. Penny bleeds style. well at least back when this came out he did.

oh and fuck skytops. who wants to skate a shoe that tall? blazers are as tall as a skate shoe should go.
I want a pair of these so bad...

Dontkickshitfoot

« Reply #48 on: March 11, 2012, 07:54:20 PM »
I had like 4 pairs of these bad boys, wish i still had a pair.

Elijah Chandler

• Rep: -15
  • i'm feelin it
« Reply #49 on: March 11, 2012, 09:06:13 PM »
fucking best shoes ever

finknoos

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -170
  • Typos here there and everywhere
« Reply #50 on: March 14, 2012, 05:20:03 AM »
fucking best shoes ever

even the soles are stylish

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 210
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #51 on: March 14, 2012, 06:26:19 AM »
wait, so 2 pages and yet still no mention of half cabs? ???
this is slap right?

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Chocolaterain

• Rep: -7
  • awesome
« Reply #52 on: March 15, 2012, 05:35:54 AM »

I always wanted a pair of those red/white ones. Never got em

finknoos

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -170
  • Typos here there and everywhere
« Reply #53 on: March 15, 2012, 05:40:46 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I always wanted a pair of those red/white ones. Never got em

this will always be a regret