Author Topic: New THPS.  (Read 8628 times)

TrainWreck

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -77
Re: New THPS.
« Reply #60 on: March 14, 2012, 01:30:23 PM »
Expand Quote
Thrasher: Skate and Destroy <3
[close]

Fuck yeah! Introduced me to hip hop.
I always skated the EMB, China banks and the LA river. Damn, those was the days

WTF ? Courthouse was THE BEST ! ... u had a double set with a kinked rail ... high and low ledges/rails/staris ... a couple of "funboxes" and even a secret pool (which was the one best pools in the game) ... dammm! ... but EMB was close ...

... watching this brings back a some good old memories !
« Last Edit: March 14, 2012, 01:32:36 PM by TrainWreck »

tb303

• Rep: -141
  • acid drop
« Reply #61 on: March 14, 2012, 01:39:27 PM »

Fairy Boy

• Rep: 6
« Reply #62 on: March 14, 2012, 01:49:56 PM »
I forgot that EA folded the SKATE series cause Chris Cole and Koston were in SKATE and there would be no way that they could be in THPS.

Huh? Where'd you hear this? I still remember the Skate ad with Koston saying Skate was the best skateboarding game he's been in, like a slap to the face for THPS. I thought Skate folded cuz all the dudes went to make the new SSX and EA didn't see enough profit in another one.

I loved THPS2 more than life itself at that age, but I might have put more hours into Skate 3 than all other games I've played in my entire life. I still sit around with my friends getting stoned and playing it multiple nights a week, and I still love the shit out of it.
She takes it in the butt a lot now though so I suppose everything worked out.

foureyedjim

« Reply #63 on: March 14, 2012, 03:28:42 PM »
From that preview, it doesn't even look like the dude is rolling, he's just floating right above the ground. After EA Skate, the whole button mashing combo shit does not entice me, even for nostalgia's sake.

For nostalgia's sake, i would just go back to the original game.  And yeah, you're right, the characters don't even look like they're touching the ground.  Game looks like shit for sure

Baron von Bullshit

• Rep: -2
« Reply #64 on: March 14, 2012, 08:28:30 PM »
No Skate 4. Skate 3 was meant to be the last, thats why Black Box included such a massive creative aspect to the game. Everything they did was meant to bolster the user community so the die hard fans would keep creating and keep the game evolving. They released tons of DLC packs for it too.  Not tons, but four or five.

THPS 2 was by far the best Tony Hawk game. It was just enough realism and just enough arcade for nearly perfect game play. You had manuals with out it being super arcadey I spent years and years and years playing that game. Fond memories. After that everything was so contrived I stopped really liking it as much. It slipped further and further into the arcadey narrative and crazy shit and I stopped caring. 2, 4 and THUG were solid, everything else...eh.

Skate on the other hand was fucking inspiring. I'd wake up and play skate for an hour or so, use the replays to analyze tricks and then go try them. Seems weird, but fuck, it worked. Great way to waste hours drunk or stoned, or to get ideas to actually get out there and do stuff.

DaSk8D00D

« Reply #65 on: March 14, 2012, 08:47:16 PM »
i knew about skate months before it even came out and ive played the shit out of all em. i agree its an excellent game to play high as hell

DerpyHooves

« Reply #66 on: March 14, 2012, 11:45:09 PM »
For the sake of nostalgia and early childhood memories, I would totally get this game. I think I got the first THPS before I even got my first board. I hope they include those unlockable videos you get to watch in the game.

finknoos

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -170
  • Typos here there and everywhere
« Reply #67 on: March 15, 2012, 03:11:32 AM »
For the sake of nostalgia and early childhood memories, I would totally get this game. I think I got the first THPS before I even got my first board. I hope they include those unlockable videos you get to watch in the game.

those videos were the best bit, a friend and i actually watched some from...well i cant remember which game, i just remember laughing that they had footage of steevie williams doing a flatland tre as a single trick - gangsta trippin

Chocolaterain

• Rep: -7
  • awesome
« Reply #68 on: March 15, 2012, 06:02:04 AM »
Expand Quote
can't wait for skate 4
[close]

The producers says there will be no Skate 4

Which is a huge bummer, I want another skate 3 with a few things fixed like not being able to just ride into another part of the city. I don't want to have to teleport there

thugnificent

« Reply #69 on: March 15, 2012, 12:47:14 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
can't wait for skate 4
[close]

[close]

Which is a huge bummer, I want another skate 3 with a few things fixed like not being able to just ride into another part of the city. I don't want to have to teleport there

they separated the city into sections so the framerate would be smoother and you could set spot markers further away without having to load

DaSk8D00D

« Reply #70 on: March 15, 2012, 06:47:17 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
can't wait for skate 4
[close]

[close]

[close]

they separated the city into sections so the framerate would be smoother and you could set spot markers further away without having to load

wtf? aside from some of the skateparks you can still go through the whole city without teleporting. you always could

steve

• Rep: 45
« Reply #71 on: March 15, 2012, 11:00:05 PM »
fuck, yo, what about grind session? cardiel on the union rail... shiiiit

foureyedjim

« Reply #72 on: March 15, 2012, 11:10:36 PM »

grind session had the right mindset.  Popping out of rail tricks looked good, had Ed in there, music was tight, and skaters leaned into banks / any sort of slope.  I'm pretty sure if they kept that going as a franchise it would have turned out tight.

thugnificent

« Reply #73 on: March 16, 2012, 07:51:37 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
can't wait for skate 4
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

wtf? aside from some of the skateparks you can still go through the whole city without teleporting. you always could

not in skate 3. theres 3 districts and you cant skate to them

Cadillac Ranch Dressing

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 476
« Reply #74 on: March 16, 2012, 10:47:42 AM »
"I got a fever and the only prescription is more Cadillac Ranch Dressing." - Jereme Rogers

wayside11

• Rep: -47
« Reply #75 on: March 16, 2012, 05:52:15 PM »

is this game any good?

and no more skate games is a bummer :( those are the bessttt games

Cadillac Ranch Dressing

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 476
« Reply #76 on: March 16, 2012, 05:56:01 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

is this game any good?

and no more skate games is a bummer :( those are the bessttt games
Oh fuck yeah, I used to play this shit like every day 24/7.

Lol nahhh
"I got a fever and the only prescription is more Cadillac Ranch Dressing." - Jereme Rogers

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 501
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #77 on: March 17, 2012, 06:19:09 AM »
if you did get into the EA skate games you would understand there's no reason to be hyped for this

This guy.  4 posts and he hands your dick to you on a plate.  Now that's playing with power.

DaSk8D00D

« Reply #78 on: March 18, 2012, 11:13:21 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
can't wait for skate 4
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

not in skate 3. theres 3 districts and you cant skate to them

:o damn dog at first i thought yall was bullshittin but im playin this shit right now and it looks like yall were right. in all of the time playing this game (on 360 & ps3) ive never actually noticed that. i coulda SWORN that ive gone from downtown to the industrial district before but i guess im just trippin or somethin. damn that shit crazy

Pillowphile

• Rep: 0
« Reply #79 on: March 18, 2012, 02:02:22 PM »
No Skate 4. Skate 3 was meant to be the last, thats why Black Box included such a massive creative aspect to the game. Everything they did was meant to bolster the user community so the die hard fans would keep creating and keep the game evolving. They released tons of DLC packs for it too.?  Not tons, but four or five.

THPS 2 was by far the best Tony Hawk game. It was just enough realism and just enough arcade for nearly perfect game play. You had manuals with out it being super arcadey I spent years and years and years playing that game. Fond memories. After that everything was so contrived I stopped really liking it as much. It slipped further and further into the arcadey narrative and crazy shit and I stopped caring. 2, 4 and THUG were solid, everything else...eh.

Skate on the other hand was fucking inspiring. I'd wake up and play skate for an hour or so, use the replays to analyze tricks and then go try them. Seems weird, but fuck, it worked. Great way to waste hours drunk or stoned, or to get ideas to actually get out there and do stuff.

Also included to show the end of the series was the "Jumping the Shark" challenge, which I thought was pretty damn hilarious

landCow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 91
« Reply #80 on: March 18, 2012, 02:57:50 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

grind session had the right mindset.  Popping out of rail tricks looked good, had Ed in there, music was tight, and skaters leaned into banks / any sort of slope.  I'm pretty sure if they kept that going as a franchise it would have turned out tight.

oh yeah grind session was pretty fun. i remember cruising around busting out kickflip underflip sex changes to grind haha good times.

Probably A Robot

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 63
  • dancing about architecture
« Reply #81 on: March 19, 2012, 04:11:05 PM »
Expand Quote
No Skate 4. Skate 3 was meant to be the last, thats why Black Box included such a massive creative aspect to the game. Everything they did was meant to bolster the user community so the die hard fans would keep creating and keep the game evolving. They released tons of DLC packs for it too.?  Not tons, but four or five.

[close]

Also included to show the end of the series was the "Jumping the Shark" challenge, which I thought was pretty damn hilarious
I always wondered what the significance of that was, it seemed like it had to be in the game for a reason, but that one went straight over my head. I also didn't know they weren't making more until I read this thread though.
"I'm regular, but I identify as switch backside."

managuense

• Rep: -27
« Reply #82 on: March 19, 2012, 05:11:58 PM »
one of my cousins is married to a guy who works for ea, i asked him and he says skate 1 and 2 sold well, skate 3 not so much so they  pulled the plug for good. he said it doesnt even matter to them what  reviews the games get, it only comes down to sales

Stanley Hol

• Rep: -9
« Reply #83 on: March 19, 2012, 05:28:52 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I'd never even heard of this until now!
Real Life.

DaSk8D00D

« Reply #84 on: March 19, 2012, 10:29:14 PM »
one of my cousins is married to a guy who works for ea, i asked him and he says skate 1 and 2 sold well, skate 3 not so much so they  pulled the plug for good. he said it doesnt even matter to them what  reviews the games get, it only comes down to sales

dyrdek needs to hook something up and bring us back another skate!