Author Topic: If you think America doesn't have a racial problem, watch this  (Read 10497 times)

oneshovel

Re: If you think America doesn't have a racial problem, watch this
« Reply #30 on: March 12, 2012, 04:30:14 PM »
And for those who read my other post, my kids kicked serious ass in the competition today and won second prize and a $500 grant. People had plenty of respect. Hyped!
Was hoping for an update on that, really happy for you and the kids, congrats man!

brycickle

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 158
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #31 on: March 12, 2012, 05:13:33 PM »
Oh right, I forgot.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

Kristi Yamaguchi

• Rep: -17
« Reply #32 on: March 12, 2012, 05:17:59 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
this does not surprise me at all. after visiting some institutions for kids and homeless people in north philly and reading "code of the street" from elijah anderson I can say that america treats their own people like shit. america is not better then these third world countries that give a fuck about human rights ...
[close]
You're delusional. I'm not going to act like we don't have atrocities that happen on a daily basis but generally speaking, we have it a million times better than a significant portion of the world.
[close]
Somebody's delusional for sure... who are "we" and what do we have a million times better than what significant portion of the world? We have the highest incarceration rate of any nation, we're the only modern nation that will see a guy bleeding to death on the street, and charge him to receive care, we have virtually no rules or laws that are enforced pertaining to how police can act, and now� instances of cops shooting people on camera openly and intentionally come out and the cops responsible get slaps on the wrist at most. The U.S. government completely destroying the occupy movement for the sake of stifling debate. What makes us better, our super sized sodas? those are only about 2-3 times bigger (for those not American, here bigger always means the same thing as better)
I have no problem with most of what you're saying but if you really think that we don't have it better than damn near most of Africa, North Korea, China, Haiti, etc. you are kidding yourself. Period. Like I said before(which you conveniently disregarded), I'm not going to pretend that we don't have atrocities in America every single day. I understand that we are fucked up. I would certainly say that we aren't better than a lot of other developed nations but to say that "america is not better then these third world countries that give a fuck about human rights" is silly.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #33 on: March 12, 2012, 07:49:36 PM »
1. he said most of the countres, not all
2. he said repressive, not low quality of life
3. The U.S. government is one of the oppressors of Cuba, our embargo fucks them.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

Kristi Yamaguchi

• Rep: -17
« Reply #34 on: March 12, 2012, 08:05:10 PM »
 ??? What are you even talking about? I mean, I know what you're talking about but it has nothing to do with what anyone said... Are you on drugs?

krewkruxklan

• Rep: 17
    • SUPRFI$CAL avatar image
« Reply #35 on: March 21, 2012, 08:53:02 PM »
the fucker hasn't been arrested yet?

cats is nice but I aint seen god since hova spit that navy blue to me
SUPRFI$CAL

DaSk8D00D

« Reply #36 on: March 21, 2012, 09:01:19 PM »
the fucker hasn't been arrested yet?

heard that they were supposedly starting an investigation. hopefully justice will be served but mostly dude will get a slap on the wrist

Dick Moranus

• Rep: -4
  • You're a loser
« Reply #37 on: March 21, 2012, 09:14:10 PM »
I can't believe you guys haven't mentioned how regular the subtitles were.

David

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 27
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #38 on: March 27, 2012, 08:41:45 AM »
TYT is pretty awful, and yes, their captions don't make any sense.

Trayvon Martin Shooter's Friend: George Zimmerman Has 'Virtually Lost His Life, Too'

http://abcnews.go.com/US/trayvon-martin-shooters-friend-george-zimmerman-virtually-lost/story?id=16001811#.T3HeRZgqMy4

A friend of neighborhood watch volunteer George Zimmerman called for prosecutors investigating the shooting of Trayvon Martin to immediately release all the evidence in the case to quell cries for Zimmerman's arrest, and suggested that because of the growing controversy surrounding the case "George has virtually lost his life, too."

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #39 on: March 27, 2012, 10:18:02 AM »
ummmm...good. Fuck that vigilante bitch. You can't be against people being the jury before the trial when the issue is the fact that you killed a kid because you thought he was guilty without him even doing anything.

Oh, and he hasn't "virtually lost his life." His loss is NOTHING compared to actually losing your life, which happened to Trayvon.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 383
« Reply #40 on: March 27, 2012, 10:29:10 AM »
My favorite thing is that supposedly there was a struggle with where Trayvon was fighting with Zimmerman. And people use that to say it was ok for Zimmerman to shoot Trayvon, but not for Trayvon to protect himself (empty-handed) against a guy who was chasing him with a gun.

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1074
« Reply #41 on: March 27, 2012, 10:49:30 AM »
My favorite thing is that supposedly there was a struggle with where Trayvon was fighting with Zimmerman. And people use that to say it was ok for Zimmerman to shoot Trayvon, but not for Trayvon to protect himself (empty-handed) against a guy who was chasing him with a gun.

he's also friends with some people who got suspended for marijuanna and has a facebook picture wearing a beater....not a clean kid at all...

anblue

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 81
  • You just got killed by a Daewoo Lanos, motherfucka
« Reply #42 on: March 27, 2012, 10:53:36 AM »
^ i believe when he was killed he was suspended from school for drugs, its also funny how the media will put up pictures of the kid that are seven years old instead of all his facebook ones with him flipping off the camera and being a badass
Who the fuck spends more than $5 at taco bell?
Being liked on slap is the only award

brent

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 740
« Reply #43 on: March 27, 2012, 11:02:33 AM »
uh those pictures aren't him, it's a different trayvon martin
http://www.facebook.com/people/Trayvon-Martin/100001791912868
This armor plating is going to get a little more diesel.

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 795
« Reply #44 on: March 27, 2012, 11:17:23 AM »
local cop here in NOLA who killed a kid a few weeks ago in a questionable shooting just got suspended indefinitely for saying Trayvon deserved to be shot for looking like a thug. 

http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2012/03/new_orleans_cop_suspended_inde.html

this piece of work lists his occupation on myspace as "punisher" and thinks its ok to kill kids for wearing hoodies and looking like thugs.  the fact that this type of attitude is prevalent in law enforcement isn't surprising to me, but its still extremely terrifyling. 
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

Zurg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
« Reply #45 on: March 27, 2012, 11:29:39 AM »
horrible. if its on record through a police phone call that he chased trayvon after being ordered not to, how is it up for debate that he was acting in self defense?

ScreamingHand

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 19
« Reply #46 on: March 27, 2012, 11:42:54 AM »
i got a boner when she started cursing

Eschaton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -46
  • D?ner Macht Sch?ner
« Reply #47 on: March 27, 2012, 11:48:28 AM »
I think the big thing here that people are missing is that this dude is not white, he's Peruvian! Quit blaming us whitefolk!

krewkruxklan

• Rep: 17
    • SUPRFI$CAL avatar image
« Reply #48 on: March 27, 2012, 12:59:08 PM »
I think the big thing here that people are missing is that this dude is not white, he's Peruvian! Quit blaming us whitefolk!
too bad its your 'justice' system that's fucked this situation up.

cats is nice but I aint seen god since hova spit that navy blue to me
SUPRFI$CAL

Eschaton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -46
  • D?ner Macht Sch?ner
« Reply #49 on: March 27, 2012, 01:10:16 PM »
Woah woah woah, I live in New Jersey. Comparing our lagged down, corrupt justice system to that of Florida's is apples and oranges.

DaSk8D00D

« Reply #50 on: March 27, 2012, 03:03:03 PM »
i love how this shits really starting to get more & more publicity when i first heard about it on SLAP!

Expand Quote
My favorite thing is that supposedly there was a struggle with where Trayvon was fighting with Zimmerman. And people use that to say
it was ok for Zimmerman to shoot Trayvon, but not for Trayvon to protect himself (empty-handed) against a guy who was chasing him with a gun.
[close]

he's also friends with some people who got suspended for marijuanna and has a facebook picture wearing a beater....not a clean kid at all...

seriously that justifies the killing? cuz his friends got caught with some petty ass weed & he wears beaters? that automatically makes him a thug right? get the fuck outta here

i also agree with this

i got a boner when she started cursing

Omamori

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -128
« Reply #51 on: March 27, 2012, 05:04:41 PM »
He's half White, half Peruvian. Now matter what race he is, theres no reason to blame an entire race.

DaSk8D00D

« Reply #52 on: March 27, 2012, 05:48:59 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
He's half White, half Peruvian. Now matter what race he is, theres no reason to blame an entire race.

i agree with not blaming an entire race, but the fact is that anybody who looks "white" or caucasian usually doesnt have to deal with racial profiling & are usually the ones doing said profiling. im certainly not saying that most whites are like that, but the people who get caught doing racist shit like this are typically white. i know there are people of other ethnicities that are racists as well and dont get as much heat for it, but at the end of the day whites are sorta like the frontrunners for the whole racism thing. its a shame really cuz i like i said i KNOW that its only a small percentage of people who are like that, but theres always gonna be those situations where theres a white guy who says/does something insignificant and some super-sensitive persons gonna try to pull the race card.

CUDDLEMONSTER

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 170
  • reptiles
« Reply #53 on: March 27, 2012, 06:11:58 PM »
wearing a hoodie and having weed means nothing if he wasn't black. i can guarantee that most of the white slap population smokes weed and wears hoodies and has never been profiled (unless they had a skateboard with them) myself included. read this article. it sums up how black males are targeted by the drug war and how the mass arrest of young black men is decimating communities. then the media vilifies young black men as gangbangers and shit like this happens. it's fucked up. america needs to have an open discussion about race because our history is super fucked up in that department, and unless we talk about that nothing is going to change.

http://www.chicagoreader.com/chicago/chicago-marijuana-arrest-statistics/Content?oid=4198958

sleepypancakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 228
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #54 on: March 27, 2012, 07:06:20 PM »
"George has virtually lost his life too" Yeah well fuck George. George shot an unarmed kid, KID walking home to his dad's house in a gated community. George "virtually" lost his life, Trayvon is dead, as in, never coming back dead. This dude deserves to rot, but won't because of the fucked circumstances and "evidence" in this case.

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 383
« Reply #55 on: March 27, 2012, 07:17:57 PM »
wearing a hoodie and having weed means nothing if he wasn't black. i can guarantee that most of the white slap population smokes weed and wears hoodies and has never been profiled (unless they had a skateboard with them) myself included. read this article. it sums up how black males are targeted by the drug war and how the mass arrest of young black men is decimating communities. then the media vilifies young black men as gangbangers and shit like this happens. it's fucked up. america needs to have an open discussion about race because our history is super fucked up in that department, and unless we talk about that nothing is going to change.

Just to be clear, Trayvon didn't have weed on him when he was shot. He had a can of Arizona iced tea and some Skittles. Zimmerman said he assumed he was high, but there have been no reports of drugs on Trayvon's body.

ice nine

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -308
« Reply #56 on: March 27, 2012, 08:48:53 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

i agree with not blaming an entire race, but the fact is that anybody who looks "white" or caucasian usually doesnt have to deal with racial profiling & are usually the ones doing said profiling. im certainly not saying that most whites are like that, but the people who get caught doing racist shit like this are typically white. i know there are people of other ethnicities that are racists as well and dont get as much heat for it, but at the end of the day whites are sorta like the frontrunners for the whole racism thing. its a shame really cuz i like i said i KNOW that its only a small percentage of people who are like that, but theres always gonna be those situations where theres a white guy who says/does something insignificant and some super-sensitive persons gonna try to pull the race card.

i thought it was generally known that japanese and indians were the most racist people?
I;m sure i;m not the only dc/monster/subaru type guy here

DaSk8D00D

« Reply #57 on: March 27, 2012, 08:51:19 PM »
And the injustice continues...

http://www.vibe.com/post/unarmed-atlanta-teen-shot-and-killed-security-guards-130532&oldupsid=453449306714

Unarmed Atlanta Teen Shot and Killed By Security Guards

In the midst of America's outrage over the ruthless murder of 17-year-old Trayvon Martin, the outcry for justice continues with the killing of Ervin Jefferson. It has been confirmed by Dekalb County officials in Atlanta that the 18-year old was shot and killed Saturday night (March 21) by two security guards who were sent to respond to a disturbance near the Jefferson's apartment complex.

The victim's mother, Candy Grimes, says she witnessed the horrific act take place. "We heard gunshots," says the mother through tears. "I seen the dude in the green shirt shoot my son. I seen the guy, he had two hands, and he shot my son."

Grimes also says Ervin was reportedly run over by a car shortly after the shooting.

"By the time I got down there, the car was on top of my son. He was literally under the car. One of them shot him, and one of them ran over him," she told reporters. I just want justice. That�s all I want, I just want justice. He was trying to protect us.�

Ervin, also the father of a baby girl, was targeted after running towards a crowd of people who were threatening his sister. Jefferson was trying to protect his sibling and family, though he was unarmed.

The 18-year old was transported to a near-by hospital where he was pronounced dead.

i thought it was generally known that japanese and indians were the most racist people?

Do you really think that most African-American's feel that way?

Zurg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
« Reply #58 on: March 28, 2012, 11:13:10 AM »
^fucked up. why can security even carry guns?

Expand Quote

[close]

Just to be clear, Trayvon didn't have weed on him when he was shot. He had a can of Arizona iced tea and some Skittles. Zimmerman said he assumed he was high, but there have been no reports of drugs on Trayvon's body.

If he was stoned, he'd probably be less of a violent threat

Beeda Weeda

« Reply #59 on: March 28, 2012, 01:34:25 PM »
so, i take from this, in certain states in america, you can shoot sombody dead if you are scared for your own life?

now, lets say an old black man shot a young white boy in the same community