Author Topic: If you think America doesn't have a racial problem, watch this  (Read 10500 times)

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1074
Re: If you think America doesn't have a racial problem, watch this
« Reply #60 on: March 28, 2012, 03:03:35 PM »
White people get assaulted by groups of black people all the time in Philly and no one gives a shit or ever calls it a hate crime.

thats fucked up, but i think in the end all parties are happy police weren't involved... people in the suburbs have a hard time minding their own damn business, i've been followed by white people in my own damn neighborhood.

And the injustice continues...

http://www.vibe.com/post/unarmed-atlanta-teen-shot-and-killed-security-guards-130532&oldupsid=453449306714

those guards are in jail...WHILE...a investigation is on going... why the fuck security guards got guns is beyond me...

cat litter

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 7
« Reply #61 on: March 28, 2012, 03:04:03 PM »
And the injustice continues...

http://www.vibe.com/post/unarmed-atlanta-teen-shot-and-killed-security-guards-130532&oldupsid=453449306714

Expand Quote
Unarmed Atlanta Teen Shot and Killed By Security Guards

In the midst of America's outrage over the ruthless murder of 17-year-old Trayvon Martin, the outcry for justice continues with the killing of Ervin Jefferson. It has been confirmed by Dekalb County officials in Atlanta that the 18-year old was shot and killed Saturday night (March 21) by two security guards who were sent to respond to a disturbance near the Jefferson's apartment complex.

The victim's mother, Candy Grimes, says she witnessed the horrific act take place. "We heard gunshots," says the mother through tears. "I seen the dude in the green shirt shoot my son. I seen the guy, he had two hands, and he shot my son."

Grimes also says Ervin was reportedly run over by a car shortly after the shooting.

"By the time I got down there, the car was on top of my son. He was literally under the car. One of them shot him, and one of them ran over him," she told reporters. I just want justice. That�s all I want, I just want justice. He was trying to protect us.�

Ervin, also the father of a baby girl, was targeted after running towards a crowd of people who were threatening his sister. Jefferson was trying to protect his sibling and family, though he was unarmed.

The 18-year old was transported to a near-by hospital where he was pronounced dead.

[close]

dekalbs always got some fucked up shit going on but damn.., Blows my mind thinking that maybe if they were white they would still be alive

condolences to the Martin and Jefferson families

Eschaton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -46
  • D?ner Macht Sch?ner
« Reply #62 on: March 28, 2012, 03:30:03 PM »
In the Atlanta case, both the guards were black. The Atlanta case is arguably worse but the media doesn't care about black on black crime.

Omamori

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -128
« Reply #63 on: March 28, 2012, 05:46:42 PM »
There needs to be a strict psychological evaluation on cops, security guards, or anyone else in a similar position. They have too much authority and the means to kill people. It seem that anyone with the physical capability to shoot a gun can become a cop, etc.

chillout

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 9
  • beer
« Reply #64 on: March 28, 2012, 06:05:46 PM »
i seriously believe that we are at a point as a society that race plays almost no role in violence, especially those that the media loves to report on. for every white abuse of power there is another case of black abuse of power. the fact that the media is playing into one kid who was shot by a latino man enfuriates me. although it is may have been injust, we can never really know, and there are far worse things happening. i live in chicago, and this is what happen over the past weekend

http://www.myfoxchicago.com/dpp/news/crime/violent-chicago-weekend-9-killed-40-hurt-at-least-shootings-20120319

Beer Keg Peg Leg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -35
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #65 on: March 28, 2012, 08:09:46 PM »
you're an idiot, get the fuck out of here. white abuses of power permeate every level of society.

jimi420

« Reply #66 on: March 28, 2012, 08:51:33 PM »
In the Atlanta case, both the guards were black. The Atlanta case is arguably worse but the media doesn't care about black on black crime.
It's just another nigga dead.

bakingsoda

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 20
« Reply #67 on: March 29, 2012, 12:15:40 AM »
Holy shit, chillout has just reached unimanginable levels of stupid. Dude, go, go and educate yourself because you've made it clear that as of now you know nothing.

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 383

DaSk8D00D

« Reply #69 on: March 30, 2012, 07:52:36 PM »
http://news.nationalpost.com/2012/03/29/trayvon-martin-killer-george-zimmerman-appears-uninjured-in-security-video-after-shooting/

of course dude wasnt hurt he was telling lies just to save his ass.

and those bogish pics of trayvon martin in sagging pants & flipping off the camera is NOT the one killed in this case. that was a totally different Trayvon Martin that was in Georgia (pretty sure it was GA)

the media is just fanning the flames for profit. shit is a fucking disgrace

chillout

• SLAP Pal
  • beer
« Reply #70 on: March 30, 2012, 08:36:42 PM »
Holy shit, chillout has just reached unimanginable levels of stupid. Dude, go, go and educate yourself because you've made it clear that as of now you know nothing.

explain to me what makes my opinion wrong. i realize its a controversial opinion and may not be 100% true, but i live in a diverse city with a lot of crime, and in my experience, race doesnt play a role. but maybe thats just my experience, ive never lived anywhere else

chillout

• SLAP Pal
  • beer
« Reply #71 on: March 30, 2012, 08:40:38 PM »
you're an idiot, get the fuck out of here. white abuses of power permeate every level of society.

do whites abuse power because they are white and hate other races, or because there are statistically more white people in power? i realize this may sound dumb on a surface level, but the dumbest questions can reveal the most

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 383
« Reply #72 on: March 31, 2012, 12:14:56 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

explain to me what makes my opinion wrong. i realize its a controversial opinion and may not be 100% true, but i live in a diverse city with a lot of crime, and in my experience, race doesnt play a role. but maybe thats just my experience, ive never lived anywhere else

Wait--you mean because a general statement doesn't apply to the one case you know, then it's false across the board? Amazing!

DaSk8D00D

« Reply #73 on: March 31, 2012, 07:47:53 AM »
You do know that not every black person listens to rap right? And that not all rappers are like Gucci Mane? That statement was racially ignorant as fuck.

BraveUlysses

« Reply #74 on: March 31, 2012, 08:06:35 AM »
You do know that not every black person listens to rap right? And that not all rappers are like Gucci Mane? That statement was racially ignorant as fuck.
Also when was the last time Mtv played hip-hop music let alone any music.

BraveUlysses

« Reply #75 on: March 31, 2012, 11:39:00 AM »
More black people don't listen to hip-hop than you think. There was a time where I was pretty much only listening to classic rock. It seems like you're basing all your knowledge of hip-hop on modern day radio garbage.  I'm just gonna quote kameltoe. What he said is relevant to this argument and he said it better than I ever could.                                             
you want to know what black/youth culture was putting out before the white execs started getting their hands into it heavily? listen to the native tongues (tribe, dela, stetsasonic, monie love, etc.), x'clan, public enemy, grandmaster flash, PRT,  etc. the market wasn't as huge and the execs could allow more creative control because they didn't have as much to lose. once hiphop began to make that money and the black community was actually rallying behind black positivity, the whole scene was ignored in favor of a more destructive west coast sound centered around gangster life etc. all of a sudden everybody with a bodycount became a viable option for a record no matter the quality of the work. hell, even q-tip had to come out with a flaky ass r&b-ish album to get anything released and he was an ICON at the time. so before you go running your mouth about shit you don't know about, realize that the reason that people have such a negative view of black youth/culture, is because the established media and entertainment executives actively reinforce those views via the media and control of influential outlets to maintain the status quo (and the youth follow, whether black, white, whatevs). 

David

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 27
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #76 on: March 31, 2012, 01:20:18 PM »
Rap and hiphop is destroying the afroamerican community. A culture whos heroes and idols are gangbangers, rapists and drug dealers will only lead to a self destructive scociety, its not punk, its evil. It is the rich white MTV buissness men who are raping african americans and its the african americans who actually enjoy taking it and making it thier own not realizing it is destroying and turning and glorifing the lowest they can possibly be. Obama isnt a rapist gangstar, he is an upstanding responsible citizen. MTV IS KILLING AFRICAN AMERICANS BY MAKING THEM KILL THEMSELVES. AFROAMERICAN SCOCIETY IS COMMITTING SCUICIDE AND THE WHITE MAN IS GETTING RICH OFF OF IT. Martin Luthur king would be pissed and dissapointed at everyone.

African American

Some sort of world of warcraft ork

What does any of this have to do with the Trayvon Martin case?

DaSk8D00D

« Reply #77 on: March 31, 2012, 01:29:55 PM »
The only one brainwashed here is you for OBVIOUSLY buying into the whole "most blacks are ghetto & listen to rap" bullshit. An image that is portrayed so ignorant people like you can grow up to have certain negative opinions on people you don't even know. I can clearly tell that you don't hang around blacks that much, and therefore since you don't have much experience firsthand you buy into said image portrayed by the media. It might just be cause im biracial and see both sides but it amazes me how racially ignorant some people can sound without even realizing it

DaSk8D00D

« Reply #78 on: March 31, 2012, 05:08:02 PM »
nigga ive been to DC before. you cant just be in one hood and assume thats how the majority of black people are, especially ina place with a higher crime rate than most. there are definitely a ton of hood niggas out there but nowadays theres a very large amount of suburban and rural-living black folk as well. you mighta been right 30-40 years ago, but naw shits much different now

like, do you even realize what you sound like when say shit like "black people are way more ghetto than i gave them credit for"? come on son!

krewkruxklan

• Rep: 17
    • SUPRFI$CAL avatar image
« Reply #79 on: March 31, 2012, 05:44:10 PM »
white america buys rap music

cats is nice but I aint seen god since hova spit that navy blue to me
SUPRFI$CAL

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 158
« Reply #80 on: April 01, 2012, 08:14:03 AM »
defend and rationalize it all you want you brainwashed fucks.

And black people who dont listen to rap are in the minority awesome as shit but still, what are there like 2 of them in the entire world.
There are more than 2 black people in both Bad Brains and Living Color.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

krewkruxklan

« Reply #81 on: April 01, 2012, 10:46:15 AM »
black america buys rap culture
first of all youre not black and therefore have no valid opinion on what black america buys into. to be honest id rather vouch for kkk member than these pretentious liberal whites that feel that they have any understanding of black culture.

the images of blacks in the media has been perpetuated by white america for centuries. little white girls in the suburbs put money into the pockets of these execs and these execs thrive off the exploitation of black people. white america has ALWAYS benefited from the exploitation of blacks, centuries before rap music. 

all of this isn't to alleviate responsibility from the black community, it's up to us to uplift ourselves and oppose this overwhelmingly white power structure. but what you dont realise is that white corporate america has absolute control over the public image of blacks, and when the government, education system, media, and history insists and maintains that youre sub-human you begin internalize that negativity.

theres a reason they try to kill all of our leaders across the map.
so until you wake up and live the life of a black person in shut the fuck up. 

SUPRFI$CAL

krewkruxklan

« Reply #82 on: April 01, 2012, 12:33:29 PM »
if you think the issue of race in canada is much different than in the united states you must be delusional. while the issue of race is more 'in your face' in the US, racism runs deep in canada; at times it can be far worse, racial dialogue is completely ignored-we're killing each other out here and no one gives a fuck. when i say america i mean AMERICA.

european imperialism and greed fucked everything up for the worse.

i know youre trying to troll the thread

SUPRFI$CAL

clamy hands

• Rep: 4
« Reply #83 on: April 01, 2012, 03:16:23 PM »

Beer Keg Peg Leg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -35
« Reply #84 on: April 01, 2012, 04:23:47 PM »
skate troll take hellboy out of your avatar you fuck

jay

• Rep: -80
« Reply #85 on: April 01, 2012, 08:14:20 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
first of all youre not black and therefore have no valid opinion on what black america buys into. to be honest id rather vouch for kkk member than these pretentious liberal whites that feel that they have any understanding of black culture.

the images of blacks in the media has been perpetuated by white america for centuries. little white girls in the suburbs put money into the pockets of these execs and these execs thrive off the exploitation of black people. white america has ALWAYS benefited from the exploitation of blacks, centuries before rap music. 

all of this isn't to alleviate responsibility from the black community, it's up to us to uplift ourselves and oppose this overwhelmingly white power structure. but what you dont realise is that white corporate america has absolute control over the public image of blacks, and when the government, education system, media, and history insists and maintains that youre sub-human you begin internalize that negativity.

Easy there Malcolm

DaSk8D00D

« Reply #86 on: April 01, 2012, 09:54:52 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Eschaton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -46
  • D?ner Macht Sch?ner
« Reply #87 on: April 02, 2012, 06:48:05 AM »
I always always under the impression that Alberta was the Alabama of Canada.

bumptobar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -34
« Reply #88 on: April 02, 2012, 09:01:26 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Well by your standards you dont know shit because you arn't american.  Were discussing america and you are not american, so until you wake up an american shut the fuck up.

Also by your standards you are not white so therefore you dont have a "valid opinion" on white culture.

krewkruxklan

« Reply #89 on: April 02, 2012, 10:35:06 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Well by your standards you dont know shit because you arn't american.  Were discussing america and you are not american, so until you wake up an american shut the fuck up.

Also by your standards you are not white so therefore you dont have a "valid opinion" on white culture.
youre dumb, america consists of not just the united states but canada as well. race is a serious issue relevant to all euro-american imperialist states. i don't know exactly how it is to be black in the united states but i guarantee there are far more similarities than differences. racial profiling is very much alive here, we are under represented in canadian media and politics (definately more so than in the US), and we have similar issues of community violence. the images of black people on television and radio are the exact same images you have in the US; the images of blacks perpetuated by the media work to justify the mistreatment of black people globally. Like i had mentioned earlier, one of the key differences is that the Canadian issue of race is often suppressed-a notable history of slavery, mistreatment of minorities, and subjugation of native people has gone largely unnoticed by canadian society.

also, i don't claim to have any understanding of white culture, but the activities of corporate culture are transparent as fuck, and if you deny that american corporate powers aren't white power structures than you're as ignorant as skatetroll.

im not saying that dialogue between whites and blacks shouldn't be pursued-whites and blacks should work together on these issues (the global community as well). im just saying that white people and black people need to be a little more introspective when dealing with race and consider what we can in for our respective cultures to curb racial prejudice and promote fairness and equality.

with the issue of rednecks; i grew up in a suburb just outside of toronto and ill say that the whole place was overrun by rednecks. i had a high school friend who had moved to canada from Mississippi, he had lived in calgary for a few years and claimed that he felt more racial tension there than when he lived in the south. white people make up the overwhelming majority of canada, especially outside of the big cities. honestly, i avoid going to small towns, i usually stick to the GTA and MTL.

SUPRFI$CAL