Author Topic: Americans it's time to wake up  (Read 5220 times)

Sleazy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 264
  • tiger style
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Americans it's time to wake up
« on: November 03, 2006, 09:00:32 AM »

British believe Bush is more dangerous than Kim Jong-il

It's time to send the right message to the rest of the world and let them know that we aren't all war loving, rich, red neck, imprealist assholes. And that we, unlike our leaders, are capable of admidting we made a mistake.

Everyone should vote and help send a message of change to rest of the world.

donnie_murdo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 169
  • All up in your photo !
Re: Americans it's time to wake up
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2006, 09:05:37 AM »

British believe Bush is more dangerous than Kim Jong-il

It's time to send the right message to the rest of the world and let them know that we aren't all war loving, rich, red neck, imprealist assholes. And that we, unlike our leaders, are capable of admidting we made a mistake.

Everyone should vote and help send a message of change to rest of the world.

Yeah but how many of you will vote to change anything - i mean, you nailed it when you said that
war loving, rich, red neck, imprealist assholes.
is pretty much what everyone else in the world thinks

So get voting and change that shit, it's in your hands
...can't believe this thread brought Donnie Murdo out of the woodwork!

steve urkel

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2006, 09:14:37 AM »
haha, osoma bin laden is tops? what tha hell. hes probly chillin in the bahamas wid his 16 wifves livin off tha check Bush gave him for claimin to do 911.  srys, we havnt found him yet, probly cause hes not in afganistan, hes chillin in tha carribean wid secrete service locs protectin him.

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • tiger style
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2006, 09:20:20 AM »
One of the big problems with American democracy currently is that poor Americans have some how been duped into following their religious beliefs over all else. They vote for the republican party which doesn’t care about them, out of fear of gay marriage and stem cell research because of their religious ties. They vote republican because 911 got their redneck juices going and gave them a whole new race that they could hate openly. They haven’t been this happy since the 50s. They have political stances of hate that they can get behind without being out casted like the KKK kooks. Quite the opposite, their opinion combined with that of the rich assholes makes a majority (however slim it maybe) in this country. They don’t care that we are ruining our reputation, killing innocent people, killing their kids in a useless war (they keep sending them), or that they are voting against their own financial interest. None of that matters to them because they now have a new avenue for their blind hate.

I speak from experience. I was raised overseas but most of my family is poor white trash from the south and these people are just misguided and ignorant. I have a cousin named Jr. that stopped drinking Budweiser because they had a gay friendly advertisement. It’s that kind of “hate gays more than you like beer” silliness that is destroying us.

steve urkel

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2006, 09:25:21 AM »
yah, dey still dont understand dat der welfare cheques will be bigga if dah democrats were in power. what dummies, dey should mabey read up on it, be smart lyke me, ya no?

fuckingvegan

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2006, 09:33:49 AM »
The United States has never been a democracy. I vote but with  most states having voting machines that don't work, don't be shocked if the vote is rigged again.

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • tiger style
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2006, 09:41:57 AM »
well, I vote but it doesn't do too much. Living in Texas means vote republican or protest vote. The tight thing about it is that you can vote for nader or whoever you want, not like your wasting it.

steve urkel

« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2006, 09:43:38 AM »
haha, i waste mah vote, i always vote for tha facist guy cause he wears a silly hat. a pickelhaube i tink der called.

fuckingvegan

« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2006, 09:44:23 AM »
haha, i waste mah vote, i always vote for tha facist guy cause he wears a silly hat. a pickelhaube i tink der called.

"that joke isn't funny anymore".....

steve urkel

« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2006, 09:50:16 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

why you gots ta hat, im down, check my tat

fuckingvegan

« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2006, 10:00:10 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

why you gots ta hat, im down, check my tat

No hate

L.S

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 144
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2006, 10:09:41 AM »
i vote the person that makes steve urkel stop posting.
LS stands for little sidekick, lil shit lil slug/slime etc etc

woody

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 42
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2006, 10:55:00 AM »
This does suck, but we already knew Bush was terrible, so lets all just take a second to sit back and look at how funny this poll is. Is it Time magazine that always does that  'Worst Dictators of the World' article? Of course someone like Bush isn't in it because they don't count him as a dictator, but also because its an American Magazine. Basically, the point I'm trying to make is I can imagine Bush sitting behind his desk reading this and being pissed off/shocked/frustrated and just sort of confused. Maybe it's bad to laugh at something so fucked up, but I justify myself because I will be voting against them.
let me just name a few of the hammers in this video...

250 pound poser

• Rep: -19
« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2006, 11:11:10 AM »
yay! politics are A;\lwaYS good here!

steve urkel

« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2006, 12:48:54 PM »
i vote the person that makes steve urkel stop posting.

:)

stagefright

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -47
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2006, 05:13:38 PM »
what is the poll out of? 220%?
we toked a marley and i split back to the park, minding my own busineess when a rollerblader mean mugs..i let it go.

loophole

« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2006, 06:35:36 PM »
what is the poll out of? 220%?
the voted yes or no for each one, the percentage is only showing how many people hate that guy

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2006, 10:29:07 AM »
One of the big problems with American democracy currently is that poor Americans have some how been duped into following their religious beliefs over all else. They vote for the republican party which doesn’t care about them, out of fear of gay marriage and stem cell research because of their religious ties. They vote republican because 911 got their redneck juices going and gave them a whole new race that they could hate openly. They haven’t been this happy since the 50s. They have political stances of hate that they can get behind without being out casted like the KKK kooks. Quite the opposite, their opinion combined with that of the rich assholes makes a majority (however slim it maybe) in this country. They don’t care that we are ruining our reputation, killing innocent people, killing their kids in a useless war (they keep sending them), or that they are voting against their own financial interest. None of that matters to them because they now have a new avenue for their blind hate.

I speak from experience. I was raised overseas but most of my family is poor white trash from the south and these people are just misguided and ignorant. I have a cousin named Jr. that stopped drinking Budweiser because they had a gay friendly advertisement. It’s that kind of “hate gays more than you like beer” silliness that is destroying us.

Spot on, the republican party is always coming up with some fucked up way to get the rural poor to vote against their interests so hard simply by appealing to some weird sense of machismo and intolerance. Another one is the Bush tax cuts, which don't effect the poor positively in any way at all, but he some how passes off as something that doesn't just benefit the top 2% of tax payers.

The thing about it is, Bush is losing his "just looking out for our best interest" card that he always plays whenever he denies us our rights or invades another country. After Katrina, nobody can give those evil fucks the benefit of the doubt. Personally, I'm surprised he hasn't been assasinated on that alone. BUt there was NO human enemy during Katrina, no Osama or Saddam to blame, and there was NO way to act like it was a surprise rather than their own incompetence and indifference. His polls never have risen above the 40's since then. Pair that with Mark Foley and now this evangelical guy who got caught buying meth off a male hooker (wow, what a story), and the republican party has lost all of its clever voter traps. They stopped being able to claim fiscal responsibility a long time ago.

I think this country is sick of Bush, and that if we do vote for change we can force him to be accountable for his actions and to fix or be punished for them. We need to fucking castrate this guy to let the rest of the World to know that they don't have to bomb the shit out of us to make the world safe again.

I think we got a good chance, but

ITS UP TO ALL OF US TO FIX IT. FUCKING VOTE, AND TELL YOUR FRIENDS TO.

And personally, I think Bush is a far greater risk to my safety than Kim Jong-Il or Osama Bin Laden. I mean, without Bush, those two don't have much. But with him around, he's like coal in their furnaces.

But to you international kids who aren't too close on American politics, it does look like there is about to be a great power shift.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

grimcity

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2214
  • computer says no
« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2006, 10:47:46 AM »
Quote from: turkeylurkey
But to you international kids who aren't too close on American politics, it does look like there is about to be a great power shift.
I agree with everything you said except for this... if Congress goes Dem (and I'm 99% sure that it will), then one of the main problems we have right now will immediately be solved. Currently, the legislative branch has just been an extension of the administration... if the Dems do what they've been saying, then they'll open up some investigations on the policies and activities that BushCo have been taking part in. One really big thing to consider is how one thing ties to another... meaning that once investigations start on topic A, the Dems (who will now have subpoena power) they're going to be forced to look into topics B, C, D, etc... example:
An investigation into Bush's (probably unconstitutional) use of signing statements will lead into an investigation on torture, which will lead into an investigation on torture conducted by private firms against enemy combatants, which will lead to investigations into no-bid contracts, which will lead into investigations on Congressmen and executive-branch advisors that helped to push those contracts through.

With that in mind, the initial investigations will call for a censure motion against Bush, but will have to lead towards a move to impeachment because so many of the Executive actions will be easily proven to be criminal (if not just unconstitutional). Basically I'm saying that with a legislative branch that actually does its job (providing a check and balance) then there is going to be a MAJOR sway in 'power shift.'

If the Senate goes Dem (which is possible, but not anywhere close to a guarantee), then the scenario I laid out has an even greater chance of happening... it won't matter if the Executive and Judical branches are run by right wing fucktards... the legislative houses will be able to cripple the President's ability to fuck up the country any more than he has already. Fingers crossed.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2006, 12:43:14 PM »
Wait? you disagree with me? I can't see how. What you described is my dream, and I'm trying to be optimistic.

E.l.G

« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2006, 01:47:57 PM »
Or they'll just fix it like they did last time.

grimcity

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2214
  • computer says no
« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2006, 02:21:40 PM »
Wait? you disagree with me? I can't see how. What you described is my dream, and I'm trying to be optimistic.
I'm fucking regular... I misread "does" as "doesn't".

/bows head in shame

biggums mcgee

« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2006, 02:35:35 PM »
I'm pretty happy to see Malachy McCourt on the ballot this year...

rubble

• Rep: 0
« Reply #23 on: November 04, 2006, 04:27:32 PM »
I just wouldnt put it past them to commit massive voter fraud. At least in the small sections that really matter. If I had faith that the election would be counted properly, then the republicans are going down in the senate and house. Kenneth Blackwell is the republican running for governor in Ohio while being the guy in charge of over seeing the election and thats just one example. Nerver mind that is looks like Diebold can be hacked with a comodor 64 and a decoder ring. But they get away with this shit all the time and people don't say much. Well see though, hopefully they will get their ass beat so bad that there is no hope of cheating.

• Rep: 48
« Reply #24 on: November 05, 2006, 06:56:23 AM »
Electronic ballot=Skynet vote.  I bet you Skynet loves Republicans.  I'm voting absentee since I pay taxes in Georgia, but I'm living in California.

“Skaters are rebels” Reggie Barnes
“…If we create campaigns trying to sway skateboarders they will possibly rebel against it and go even more to non branded boards”

fuckingvegan

« Reply #25 on: November 05, 2006, 07:11:22 AM »
I love the fact that in Oregon the ballot is sent to your home and there are no voting machines involved.  And they are going to fix this election because they don't want to face up to the rising anger of the Americans who where dumb enough to buy into their propaganda for years and now want answers for all the lies.

This article made me think this is part of the fixing.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15547023/

To long to post here but worth reading. It sucks because it is now illegal to protest and soon it will be illegal for us to even disagree. My advise arm yourself because fascism is hear and very real, and like the Spanish who fought Franco once said "it is better to die on you feet fighting then serving on your knees". (or something along those lines). 
« Last Edit: November 06, 2006, 12:07:18 AM by fuckingvegan »

E.l.G

« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2006, 01:39:33 PM »
I always get nervous when I see those kinds of articles, like they're preparing people for the fix with the idea of key races led by democrats suddenly being won by republicans.

fuckingvegan

« Reply #27 on: November 06, 2006, 12:08:16 AM »
I always get nervous when I see those kinds of articles, like they're preparing people for the fix with the idea of key races led by democrats suddenly being won by republicans.

That was how Fox did it in 2000, they said Bush won when the votes where no where near done being counted.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #28 on: November 06, 2006, 11:36:30 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

That was how Fox did it in 2000, they said Bush won when the votes where no where near done being counted.
Isn't it amazing how they predicted that a butterfly ballot would schew voting that badly before it even happened?

blank.

• Rep: -3
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #29 on: November 06, 2006, 03:21:07 PM »

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15547023/

To long to post here but worth reading. It sucks because it is now illegal to protest and soon it will be illegal for us to even disagree. My advise arm yourself because fascism is hear and very real, and like the Spanish who fought Franco once said "it is better to die on you feet fighting then serving on your knees". (or something along those lines). 

i knew people were going to start disregarding the amendments eventually.

its funny how it takes America two elections to realize how bad Bush truly is.