Author Topic: New Almost video - 5 inchers on may 14th  (Read 62823 times)

djtraceman610

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 38
Re: New Almost video - 5 inchers on may 14th
« Reply #180 on: June 05, 2012, 05:09:42 AM »
Definitely go buy it. I'm gonna go buy it and I actually do buy Almost boards

Sondor

• Rep: 60
« Reply #181 on: June 05, 2012, 06:20:45 AM »
could someone PM me this since none of my local shops carries it :(

poor alice

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -133
  • ♦️♣️♥️♠️
« Reply #182 on: June 05, 2012, 07:17:27 AM »
tell you what, if you REALLY want to support skating and REALLY want the video and stuff, pm ME and ill give yoiu my address where you can send me 12 dollars and ill mail you a copy of the videoWHY 12 dollars i hear you ask (after all it IS a huge amount of money) 6 to buy the video, 3 for p+p to your sorry ass and 3 for my white ass to enjoy for my time efforts and general wondorousness
I'm going to argue that Placebo owes their entire career to a Canadian dude's skate video part. Appleyard should be getting royalties for this shit.

Baron Samedi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 372
« Reply #183 on: June 05, 2012, 09:32:00 AM »
tell you what, if you REALLY want to support skating and REALLY want the video and stuff, pm ME and ill give yoiu my address where you can send me 12 dollars and ill mail you a copy of the videoWHY 12 dollars i hear you ask (after all it IS a huge amount of money) 6 to buy the video, 3 for p+p to your sorry ass and 3 for my white ass to enjoy for my time efforts and general wondorousness

Seriously dude, bunch of fucking bums over here
« Last Edit: June 05, 2012, 10:37:09 AM by Baron Samedi »

AfterEight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -81
« Reply #184 on: June 05, 2012, 10:19:53 AM »
No one here is buying almost boards. At least buy the video and support them somehow.

speak for yourself, bud. I love the impact support decks. They last twice as long under my tall ass

DopeMan

• Rep: -12
  • Get Money Addict
« Reply #185 on: June 05, 2012, 11:16:37 AM »
That Daewon Battle Commander thing was so dope...So is there Hard Copies of the video or not?...I really dont like watching shit on the computer vs the T.V. ...Although I thought I seen that it was available on Xbox Live also...

mcpeepants

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -18
« Reply #186 on: June 05, 2012, 11:24:32 AM »
The whole video was sick! Definitely got me hyped to skate.
you some closet dick-in-da-booty ass nigga.

smellyfart

« Reply #187 on: June 05, 2012, 11:43:55 AM »
If anyone is still wondering where to buy it, unicron has it now.
http://unicron.net/skate-dvds/team-videos/5-incher-almost-skateboards

Lordata

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 23
  • Still Skating at 28, Hailey, Idaho area
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #188 on: June 05, 2012, 11:44:08 AM »
That Daewon Battle Commander thing was so dope...So is there Hard Copies of the video or not?...I really dont like watching shit on the computer vs the T.V. ...Although I thought I seen that it was available on Xbox Live also...

there are supposed to be DvDs. Going to the shop later today.

BarcelonaCEO

• Rep: -24
« Reply #189 on: June 05, 2012, 11:55:27 AM »
I love almost boards, I actually had a haslam model and it lasted me the most. I'd buy the video if I was rich and had an account in itunes, I dont buy DVDs also, I'd like to steal one but I dont hang around skateshops anymore.

Baron Samedi

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #190 on: June 05, 2012, 12:01:23 PM »
I love almost boards, I actually had a haslam model and it lasted me the most. I'd buy the video if I was rich and had an account in itunes, I dont buy DVDs also, I'd like to steal one but I dont hang around skateshops anymore.

Uh wat

kosic

• Rep: -7
« Reply #191 on: June 05, 2012, 12:53:01 PM »
Just saw on Daewon's Instagram. He said he saved "a lot" of footy for his new part in December. Guess he's concentrating on that more so then his 5 Incher part.

I really hope this is true. I heard his part is full of random creative tricks, but it's rather short too.
I wanna see a long ass section from him, give a Daewon rise and shine length part. :D

sebastian

• Rep: -16
« Reply #192 on: June 05, 2012, 12:56:09 PM »
Daewon and Haslam are still the best skaters on the planet.

could upload screengrabs if anyone wants a potential spoiler
« Last Edit: June 05, 2012, 12:59:17 PM by sebastian »

Shitbag

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 162
  • A mystery wrapped inside a Twinkie
« Reply #193 on: June 05, 2012, 01:16:26 PM »
Fuckin Herb you have an Internet connection don't you?
Get it on iTunes for $5.99 or if that's too steep for you rent the fucking thing for $3.99
Or is that still too much for your broke ass?
The video's totally worth it stop beggin' and scrounge up some change you scrub.

360 frip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65504
  • -65 G 4 RYFE
« Reply #194 on: June 05, 2012, 01:30:00 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Get it on iTunes for $5.99 or if that's too steep for you rent the fucking thing for $3.99
The video's totally worth it stop beggin' and scrounge up some change you scrub.

I don't think something I'll watch twice is worth much. Daewon or not. This is 2012.
"I DON'T WANT TO BELONG TO ANY CLUB THAT WILL ACCEPT PEOPLE LIKE ME AS A MEMBER." Groucho

"Sorry 360 frip, you are banned from using this forum!" HATE

Shitbag

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 162
  • A mystery wrapped inside a Twinkie
« Reply #195 on: June 05, 2012, 01:38:41 PM »
Dude you'll only watch a brand new Daewon or brand new Haslam part twice?
Both are mind melting and seriously out of control but maybe that's just me.
Even if those were the only 2 parts in the video those two parts alone would be worth skipping a fucking #3 combo at McDonald's just one time.

Six bucks too much for a 30 minute skate video on DVD?
Like you said its 2012, and peeps sure are fucking spoiled these days.

The Ghost of Lenny Kirk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -146
« Reply #196 on: June 05, 2012, 01:41:41 PM »
Daewon is on some california puleo shit in this video. Buy it.

Baron Samedi

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #197 on: June 05, 2012, 01:57:28 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

I don't think something I'll watch twice is worth much. Daewon or not. This is 2012.

Then get the fuck out of here and go watch that Nigel Alexander guy's web clips or some Furby re-edit on Hellaclips.  This is why people romanticize the 90's, because there were no internet clips and there were no dumbfucks like you begging for footage on demand.  If you love skateboarding I don't know why you wouldn't want to support it, especially dudes like Daewon and Rodney who have been a part of the game for 20 years, for 6 fucking dollars.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2012, 02:17:29 PM by Baron Samedi »

360 frip

• SLAP Pal
  • -65 G 4 RYFE
« Reply #198 on: June 05, 2012, 02:33:50 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

Then get the fuck out of here and go watch that Nigel Alexander guy's web clips or some Furby re-edit on Hellaclips.� This is why people romanticize the 90's, because there were no internet clips and there were dumbfucks like you begging for footage on demand.� If you love skateboarding I don't know why you wouldn't want to support it, especially dudes like Daewon and Rodney who have been a part of the game for 20 years, for 6 fucking dollars.

I actually just paid for it, I had some I-credit. I love skateboarding a lot after 17 years or so. Everyone gets in a weird frenzy about this stuff. I think all skate vids are just advertising these days. I'm sure they know that too. Oh, and fuck you, go and lecture your friends and talk about saving the 'game.'
"I DON'T WANT TO BELONG TO ANY CLUB THAT WILL ACCEPT PEOPLE LIKE ME AS A MEMBER." Groucho

360 frip

• SLAP Pal
  • -65 G 4 RYFE
« Reply #199 on: June 05, 2012, 02:47:35 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

Then get the fuck out of here and go watch that Nigel Alexander guy's web clips or some Furby re-edit on Hellaclips.� This is why people romanticize the 90's, because there were no internet clips and there were dumbfucks like you begging for footage on demand.� If you love skateboarding I don't know why you wouldn't want to support it, especially dudes like Daewon and Rodney who have been a part of the game for 20 years, for 6 fucking dollars.
[close]

I actually just paid for it, I had some I-credit. I love skateboarding a lot after 17 years or so. Everyone gets in a weird frenzy about this stuff. I think all skate vids are just advertising these days. I'm sure they know that too. Oh, and fuck you, go and lecture your friends and talk about saving the 'game.'
[close]

Good for you.  And people rightfully get in a frenzy when we lost, what, like 3-4 companies in a couple weeks?  Skater owned shops are dropping like flies as well.  I'll be the first person to admit to skating in Adidas, but I'll be goddamned if I don't at least pay for them.

EDIT: and that was a sincere "good for you" enjoy your video and that you just helped that company out a bit, even if was for a small amount. 
To be honest I doubt I'll watch it again more than twice. I pay for all my skate shit too. My point is that the nature of skate vids has changed. A lot of recent parts/vids have been free. It is all marketing these days. I skate. Buying videos doesn't make me feel like I'm supporting much. It seems out of date.

360 frip

• SLAP Pal
  • -65 G 4 RYFE
« Reply #200 on: June 05, 2012, 03:25:38 PM »
That's crazy, man.  I just watched Las Nueve Vidas de Paco yesterday, on VHS to go get hyped to skate.  MY wife is out of town at the end the month, I'm gonna be falling asleep to skate videos the whole time.  Watch twice and that's it?  Pffff, ok.  Not me.  Not only that, but this is a video you can show homies who DON'T skate and get them hyped.  I don't know.. maybe I'm the weird one.
These days the prospect of skating gets me hyped to go skate. Videos are whatever, killing time. This whole situation is also pretty industry created. Daewon has released better for free recently. Skate vids don't really exist anymore. For me it all seems a bit out of date.

ontheswarm

« Reply #201 on: June 05, 2012, 04:53:54 PM »
is justin schulte not on almost anymore?

Nicolas Barrio

• Rep: -2
« Reply #202 on: June 05, 2012, 05:01:59 PM »
pm lololo

mcpeepants

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -18
« Reply #203 on: June 05, 2012, 07:08:26 PM »
Expand Quote
That's crazy, man.  I just watched Las Nueve Vidas de Paco yesterday, on VHS to go get hyped to skate.  MY wife is out of town at the end the month, I'm gonna be falling asleep to skate videos the whole time.  Watch twice and that's it?  Pffff, ok.  Not me.  Not only that, but this is a video you can show homies who DON'T skate and get them hyped.  I don't know.. maybe I'm the weird one.
[close]
These days the prospect of skating gets me hyped to go skate. Videos are whatever, killing time. This whole situation is also pretty industry created. Daewon has released better for free recently. Skate vids don't really exist anymore. For me it all seems a bit out of date.

I was gonna say the same, but I was still pretty hyped on his stuff in this. I think we're just still too used to him doing the whole "skate random objects" thing that it has almost become too easy for him. The shit is still crazy regardless. He just tends to make everything look so easy.
you some closet dick-in-da-booty ass nigga.

police state

• Rep: 22
« Reply #204 on: June 05, 2012, 07:58:35 PM »

great vid and so worth it, how could you afford not to buy it?
it's okay to hate but you need to apply all hate evenly and fairly.

cookieboy

• Rep: 10
« Reply #205 on: June 05, 2012, 09:25:49 PM »
Went to the local shop and they said they wouldn't be getting it. So bummed. Might just go somewhere else to find it.

ny1

• Rep: 0
« Reply #206 on: June 05, 2012, 10:11:37 PM »
watching Almost Video reminds me why i still will pay for good movies.  if it costs $ it better be damned good.  this one was.

Strike A Pose

• Rep: -613
  • Get slapped!
« Reply #207 on: June 05, 2012, 10:16:01 PM »
I ain't payin 4 shit@

I already purchased one of their boards, I'm not handin' out any mo' chedda!

Fuck all da BITCHBOYS jockin' and crying over people not wanting to pay for their video.

Like they need the money.

PUNK!

9/11 WAS AN INSIDE JOB

• Rep: 10
« Reply #208 on: June 05, 2012, 10:55:53 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

POPPALARDO FAKE ACCOUNT TRYIN' TO COP A PLEA!!!

MOTHAFUCCCA

keitho

• Rep: 3
« Reply #209 on: June 06, 2012, 02:04:12 AM »
If somebody could PM me a link, I would be very grateful.

I actually bought it on Itunes at my friend\s house and for some reason I can't get it on my computer at home. Fuck!

I don't want to pay again, but I want to watch some parts again before going to skate!

Bullshit!!