Author Topic: Scooter Epidemic  (Read 6817 times)

oneshovel

Re: Scooter Epidemic
« Reply #30 on: March 19, 2012, 09:10:50 AM »
What's funny is that most parents who bring their toddlers are always yelling "watch out!  Don't get in their way!".  I appreciate their efforts, but no kid under the age of 10 even knows what they're doing, so it's hardly the kid's fault for being there.  They don't even do anything but ride down the slightest inclines.. I'm pretty sure that could be accomplished elsewhere.

Fenzadill

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 91
  • lemme get the 4 dollar one
« Reply #31 on: March 19, 2012, 09:40:44 AM »
What's funny is that most parents who bring their toddlers are always yelling "watch out!  Don't get in their way!".  I appreciate their efforts, but no kid under the age of 10 even knows what they're doing, so it's hardly the kid's fault for being there.  They don't even do anything but ride down the slightest inclines.. I'm pretty sure that could be accomplished elsewhere.

Fuckin' scream at em dude.
example. i cant cast a spelll or love potion on a girl and she falls total in love for me
but i can show a girl my tv youtube clip on my or her phone. but there's a difference ok

Strike A Pose

• Rep: -613
  • Get slapped!
« Reply #32 on: March 19, 2012, 01:48:40 PM »
I collided with a child who was riding a bike at the skatepark on Saturday. Dumbass kids don't bother looking before they leap because they are in a world of oblivious joy, and they come crashing back to reality without warning.

Mad scoot-scoot's on the prowl, too. At least they are better suited to avoid a massive collision.

sleepypancakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 227
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #33 on: March 19, 2012, 02:06:54 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Fuckin' scream at em dude.
Sometimes this works, but other times you get this response

Dominic Hynard

• Rep: -5
« Reply #34 on: March 19, 2012, 02:12:15 PM »
The worst is when you go to an indoor skatepark when it rains. They are everywhere. And they always do the same thing, going in circles.

I also find it hard to believe people scooter well into their teens. Them trying to pick up girls by saying they ride scooters isn't gonna get them anywhere.

Another note is you never hear of scooterers campaigning for their own parks, and raising money. It's always skaters...

tortfeasor

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 341
« Reply #35 on: March 19, 2012, 03:22:59 PM »
scooters are pandemic, not epidemic. just sayin.

educated homies represent
more heaven-cruise than hell-ride.

TonyBologna

• Rep: 0
« Reply #36 on: March 19, 2012, 06:33:20 PM »
It's a bummer, but you gotta just go in their like you own that shit and make your presence known. I really don't like seeming like a dick head, but if you just carve close to them, and make them realize they have to look out, it usually helps alot. I don't yell at them, I actually talk to them and joke around, they will respect you more and move out of the way.
Skateboarding is easy, I've played Skate 3 dude!

MrMello

• Rep: 8
« Reply #37 on: March 19, 2012, 07:30:33 PM »
It really is sad, i go to the park and realise i'm the only one skating they all got there little scooter. I asked a kid why he scoots in stead of skating an he said that he quit because he could kickflip.

ice nine

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -308
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #38 on: March 19, 2012, 09:34:51 PM »
if i could kickflip i'd quit too, that trick's gay as fucc
I;m sure i;m not the only dc/monster/subaru type guy here

DaSk8D00D

« Reply #39 on: March 19, 2012, 09:53:34 PM »
Yeah, we already do. Crashing into little kids, smoking weed, drinking, tagging. If you go to a good skatepark all these things happen on the reg there, and most parents wont just let their kids run around there. Unless you're in the hood, then there's nothing you can do, the skatepark is the playground.

Peoria Skatepark Fight

notice the awkward scooter kid.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2012, 09:59:55 PM by DaSk8D00D »

Matty T

• Rep: 54
  • You don't stand a chance.
« Reply #40 on: March 19, 2012, 09:57:14 PM »
I was hoping for a Scott Decenzo hate thread.  I am disappoint.
Would you ever let a chick piss on you? I would do it in a fuckin' heartbeat.

papasmurfsdog

« Reply #41 on: March 19, 2012, 10:59:00 PM »

Fuck, the shit for brained parents around here sit on the made to skate benches in the middle of parks and don't even pay attention to their kids. They try to look cool in front of all the 10 year olds and buy them cigarettes and let their dogs run around. Sometimes they're more in the way than their kids are.

foureyedjim

« Reply #42 on: March 20, 2012, 05:23:39 AM »
I get angry at little kids because that makes me fucking hardcore

8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

steve

• Rep: 45
« Reply #43 on: March 20, 2012, 09:32:12 PM »
i went to the skatepark for the first time in about a year and a half last weekend and was stoked because of the new 18+ no helmet policy. felt good to shred frontside in that bowl without a helmet... but the fuckers are allowing scooters in there now. i'd never seen it before!

speaking of fucked up parents, there were little dudes getting in my way and i'd jump off my board because otherwise they'd be destroyed. I don't care how annoying they are but cursing at and slamming an 8-10 year old into the crete, so they learn, is lame. Anyways, every time i always end up running by the kid and kinda slap the back of his helmet or tap him on the shoulder to say "KEEP YOUR FUCKING EYES OPEN" and some dads were coming into the park grilling me. one fuckstick was sitting on a neon blue bmx bike, wearing work boots and grilling me. All i could think was "man, lets talk about this. Are you going to PAY someone so your kid can run around a ball field where grown men are playing softball?"

trannies and mannies

« Reply #44 on: March 20, 2012, 10:01:26 PM »
They are the worst. Not to mention they all wear those regular looking osiris high tops and drink monster by the gallon.

Box of Frogs

• Rep: 7
« Reply #45 on: March 21, 2012, 01:21:48 AM »
The worst is when you go to an indoor skatepark when it rains. They are everywhere. And they always do the same thing, going in circles.

I also find it hard to believe people scooter well into their teens. Them trying to pick up girls by saying they ride scooters isn't gonna get them anywhere.

Another note is you never hear of scooterers campaigning for their own parks, and raising money. It's always skaters...

Trust me, it doesnt work with skating either if your older then 22

Erica's boyfriend is stealing our erica and our dylan! fuck that guy!

finknoos

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -170
  • Typos here there and everywhere
« Reply #46 on: March 21, 2012, 02:48:07 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

BITCH PLEASE

Box of Frogs

• Rep: 7
« Reply #47 on: March 21, 2012, 02:52:03 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

BITCH PLEASE

Being handsome like a god gets you chicks despite the fact you skate, not because of it

Money helps too
« Last Edit: March 21, 2012, 02:56:30 AM by Box of Frogs »

Erica's boyfriend is stealing our erica and our dylan! fuck that guy!

GershonSweaty

• Rep: -4
    • @_moreinformation avatar image
« Reply #48 on: March 21, 2012, 03:00:07 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

BITCH PLEASE

[close]

Being handsome like a god gets you chicks despite the fact you skate, not because of it

Money helps too

I've been laughed at when telling a girl I skate. I quote " Isn't that for kids ??".

finknoos

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #49 on: March 21, 2012, 03:43:02 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

BITCH PLEASE

[close]

Money helps too
[close]

I've been laughed at when telling a girl I skate. I quote " Isn't that for kids ??".

in reality most girls dont dig skating. However if you can show a girl jerry hsu's b sides they will understand its not just for kids... and then they will want to suckle on your penor

spaghetti

• Rep: 4
« Reply #50 on: March 21, 2012, 05:09:09 AM »
Last weekend at my local park a mom started chasing her young son and friend around the entire park with a swimming noodle, all of them completely running infront of everyone there.  Then some juggalo showed up with his young daughter who would drop her board down the ramps to see how far it would go.  After all of this a soccer mom showed up with 4 kids no older than 8 all on scooters.

finknoos

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #51 on: March 21, 2012, 05:21:19 AM »
Last weekend at my local park a mom started chasing her young son and friend around the entire park with a swimming noodle, all of them completely running infront of everyone there.  Then some juggalo showed up with his young daughter who would drop her board down the ramps to see how far it would go.  After all of this a soccer mom showed up with 4 kids no older than 8 all on scooters.

how you are not in prison for murder is beyond me

Hercules Rockefeller

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -13
  • i`m a double-bacon-genius-burger.
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #52 on: March 21, 2012, 07:41:10 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

how you are not in prison for murder is beyond me

hahahahaha

Fenzadill

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 91
  • lemme get the 4 dollar one
« Reply #53 on: March 21, 2012, 08:49:30 AM »
Y'all should see grimcity police up the park in Hammond.  There will be a dude bringing in his little kid's bike and grim just walks up and says, "Those aren't allowed in here, but your kid can ride around in the grass or the perimeter of the park."  I've seen him do it 2-3 times and it works every time.  It helps that he's in his late 30s and super friendly, but that park is pretty much kook free every time I've gone.

damn i'm gonna try this.  i shall put down my beer and chew a stick of gum first for credibility.
example. i cant cast a spelll or love potion on a girl and she falls total in love for me
but i can show a girl my tv youtube clip on my or her phone. but there's a difference ok

Choad Muskrat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 522
« Reply #54 on: March 21, 2012, 08:56:11 AM »
I'll take a scooter over a mountain bike any day of the week. Scooters don't even really bug me that much, they rarely get in the way and if you run into a kid on one, the kids getting fucked up, you'll be fine.

smellyfart

« Reply #55 on: March 21, 2012, 11:25:45 AM »
luckily my local park is pretty small and not that many people go there. scooters dont really bother me as much because if you do hit them then it wouldn't be as bad. bikes suck to get hit by. the scooter flip thing pisses me off. like brings the scooter up over and around the head on a fly out. that shit could decapitate someone.

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 701
  • F.A.P. - Forever Alone Party
« Reply #56 on: March 21, 2012, 12:30:47 PM »
Sometimes I feel like a pedophile when I go to the skatepark. I didn't plan on feeling so old at 23.
Before you say the music sucked, have you considered shutting the fuck up?

planman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 371
  • Morpheus drinking a 40 in a death basket
« Reply #57 on: March 21, 2012, 12:31:53 PM »
maybe you should stop being a whiny bitch and go skate some street instead

I saw your mom do a ollie to cooch drop straight down the big black pole, it was gnarly. she defiantly shut that shit down

victor333

« Reply #58 on: March 21, 2012, 01:15:47 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

BITCH PLEASE

[close]

Money helps too

This.

Dylan could get poon if he was a pro bowler

Mevs

• Rep: 29
« Reply #59 on: March 22, 2012, 12:53:35 PM »
mhe-likes.tumblr.com
Instagram: @Mevs82