Author Topic: If everyone skated like Dennis Busenitz we wouldn't need slap's message board.  (Read 947 times)

velocirapedher

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -13
  • Get fingered!

Bantam

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 280
  • buhgock

Dirtymac

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -54
Years ago my son and I were going to skate the indoor park in the next county. Unbeknownst to us there was a REAL demo that same day. We hung around anyway since we had driven so far. I remember seeing this guy cruising the WHOLE park just casually destroying everything in his path while all the other cats just focused on a rail or pyramid trick. He was weaving in and around them just killing it They finally let us skate the bowl about halfway through and he came over and skated w/us. Needless to say he kills tranny as well. That was my introduction to Busenitz.
"Never talk shit about a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes. That way you're a mile away AND you've got his shoes"

TomTom

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 71
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Dude is the best,.. but regarding your thread title ( wich btw belongs into "appreiciation"), if everyone skated like Busenitz, there still would be Slap gloryfying slow ledge skating or freestyle,..
we're never happy!

butterfly10

• Rep: 0
Nice clip.

Thanks guy. ;D

slogant-shirt

i (like to think i) can skate like busnitz. i still need my daily intravenous hit of shit talk, bad jokes and web clips

BobDigi864

If love booze 'n' tits!!!

Anyone who doesn't is just a hater. There's no reason not to love his skating!

finknoos

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -170
  • Typos here there and everywhere
someone mentioned yesterday, do you think hes bummed that everyone knows him for skating fast rather than skating real good like

BobDigi864

someone mentioned yesterday, do you think hes bummed that everyone knows him for skating fast rather than skating real good like

If it were me, I'd be hyped that people just knew me for anything. And if skating fast is what gets you as much love as he gets, he's probably not too bummed.

slogant-shirt

Expand Quote
[close]

If it were me, I'd be hyped that people just knew me for anything. And if skating fast is what gets you as much love as he gets, he's probably not too bummed.

i remember seeing an interview with him, can't remember where it was so i aint gonna lurk the webs for the next 3 hours to find it. but he says something like  " i don't like it when people get to complicated with a single trick, i like things to be simple and aesthetically pleasing on the eye" if you really think about the way he skates you really have to be a technical wizard. i understand kids don't get it they just wanna see tony hawks pro skater maneuvers. but the shit he does is flawless, try switch nose grind at least a 10m long knee height ledge, never mind pop, not donkey roll a perfect kicky out of it.

he deffinatley does skate "real good like" and i recon he could do some one off torey ass pudwill shit. but he thinks it looks disgusting, feels disgusting and prefers doing the finesse lines of awesome tricky.

Facehead

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -95
Busenitz ... or Wes Kremer. Amazing how people hate comparisons, but these two are gloriously similar, and they both skate the way we all want to skate.

I love skateboarding.

i'm nocturnal.

• Rep: -22
he skates fast

big deal.

Halfdeadanimal

• Rep: -3
he skates fast

big deal.

I think you mean to say that he skates really well, and that you wish you could skate as he does. If it helps maybe slow his footage down and watch it then....

as for Busenitz, I've been lucky enough to have skated with him, and it's no smoke and mirrors, dude makse the impossible look like childs play

anblue

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 81
  • You just got killed by a Daewoo Lanos, motherfucka
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
skater of a lifetime
Who the fuck spends more than $5 at taco bell?
Being liked on slap is the only award