Author Topic: Sarasota, Florida  (Read 2177 times)

Krailtap

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 0
Sarasota, Florida
« on: April 11, 2012, 06:26:52 PM »
Might be moving back there soon. I haven't been there in about 7 years. Are there any good spots? Good core shops? Parks within 30 minutes away?

Gnarfunkell

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 134
Re: Sarasota, Florida
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2012, 06:28:15 AM »
Spot wise there's... nothing special. In regards to a skateshop just go to the Compound, they're good people over there.

The park is downtown just two blocks from main street.

The best thing that it's got going for it is being able unwind here after you skate:

E

• Rep: 11
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2019, 01:31:33 PM »
Bumping this because I'm headed there for a wedding at the end of the month. Going to have at least 3 days with nothing to do and bringing my board. I looked up some parks but if anyone from around there has some inside info for me please let me know. Hoping to find some spots too.

euro tm

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2019, 11:05:10 AM »
Bumping this because I'm headed there for a wedding at the end of the month. Going to have at least 3 days with nothing to do and bringing my board. I looked up some parks but if anyone from around there has some inside info for me please let me know. Hoping to find some spots too.

pretty much only the park underneath the bridge downtown. super fun. not too many spots but you might see jimmy lannon around. the beaches are really nice. tampas not too far, i'd say just cruise up there.

E

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2019, 11:23:05 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

pretty much only the park underneath the bridge downtown. super fun. not too many spots but you might see jimmy lannon around. the beaches are really nice. tampas not too far, i'd say just cruise up there.

Thanks, flying in and out of Tampa so I'm hoping to get some time there but going to be with family on those days too. Is the park under the bridge downtown sketchy at all? It does look fun from what photos/video I could find online.

euro tm

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2019, 11:31:21 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Thanks, flying in and out of Tampa so I'm hoping to get some time there but going to be with family on those days too. Is the park under the bridge downtown sketchy at all? It does look fun from what photos/video I could find online.

nah it's not sketchy. tampas definitely sketchy though. just watch your shit if you don't like skating with anything in your pockets. pretty sure the lights stay on all night at that park. i grew up around the area but haven't been back in a few years. if you need anything else feel free to pm me. hopefully i can point you in the right direction.

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 400
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2019, 12:05:39 PM »
Sarasota proper has a pay park that’s ok. That Bradenton park is lit up all night and your not going to be too far from that new huge st Pete park.
In terms of street spots Ive hit stuff while cruising but that’s it.

Bhaktih

• Rep: -18
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2019, 01:33:27 PM »
There's @sarasotaspothunt on IG for spots and it has pins, descriptions, etc.

I'm in st. pete so if you wanna link up PM me

euro tm

« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2019, 01:55:53 PM »
Sarasota proper has a pay park that’s ok. That Bradenton park is lit up all night and your not going to be too far from that new huge st Pete park.

yeah fuck, forgot to mention that parks in bradenton. my bad. the sarasota park is trash, don't go there.

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2019, 03:08:09 PM »

Oh dude didn’t realize that was an insta. Going to be down there next week so that comes In handy

Bhaktih

« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2019, 03:30:43 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Oh dude didn’t realize that was an insta. Going to be down there next week so that comes In handy

It might be spothuntsarasota too, honestly forget cause i've been off insta lately. Enjoy though! I've skated some and they are pretty fun!

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2019, 05:08:32 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

It might be spothuntsarasota too, honestly forget cause i've been off insta lately. Enjoy though! I've skated some and they are pretty fun!

Wish fun track or whatever was still around.

Bhaktih

« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2019, 05:42:40 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

Wish fun track or whatever was still around.

Yeah I never skated but seeing clips from there looked like a lot of fun

E

« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2019, 12:17:34 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

yeah fuck, forgot to mention that parks in bradenton. my bad. the sarasota park is trash, don't go there.

Is the park in Bradenton the one you said is downtown under the highway? That one looks good, which one is trash?

Thanks for that Spot IG account too, might try to hit some of those if anything is in skating distance of where I'm staying.

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2019, 03:57:06 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Is the park in Bradenton the one you said is downtown under the highway? That one looks good, which one is trash?

Thanks for that Spot IG account too, might try to hit some of those if anything is in skating distance of where I'm staying.

The trash park is the pay one, and even if you wanted to go half the time it’s not open. Bradenton is a safe bet and that’s the one under the bridge . I want to say I saw another park being built in the area last year but I would have to do some digging .

Willie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 304
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2019, 11:19:40 AM »
I was there last year. The Bradenton park is definitely the better one. Only skated it a bit. Decent although there is a bit of an uphill thing going on and I imagine if it was crowded people might be flying at you.

The Sarasota one is super crusty and pretty big. I was really worried about hitting a crack and getting cheese gratered. Might have have been fun when it was new and if you were awesome. I think it used to be free and now you have to pay.

Lots of homeless at both spots.

LemThurdy

• Rep: -15
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2019, 02:55:12 PM »
Yo I live in st Pete. The park near downtown St Pete is new and pretty good. In Bradenton there is a park near the water under this bridge I think it’s close to Palmetto yacht club or something. Tampa is sketch tho lol other than that it’s mostly just street sport or driveways

E

« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2019, 08:21:12 AM »
Trip was good! I hit Payne Skatepark in Sarasota and thought it was cool, had everything I wanted and more. It was 90 and humid though so I found it hard to get going. Had to take lots of breaks.

Found two decent street spots near where I was staying in Longboat Key and ended up skating those the next two days I could skate instead of going back to the park. Didn't get any clips unfortunately and saw a lot of spots in Sarasota downtown but didn't have my board with me whenever I was there.

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2019, 08:32:09 AM »
Trip was good! I hit Payne Skatepark in Sarasota and thought it was cool, had everything I wanted and more. It was 90 and humid though so I found it hard to get going. Had to take lots of breaks.

Found two decent street spots near where I was staying in Longboat Key and ended up skating those the next two days I could skate instead of going back to the park. Didn't get any clips unfortunately and saw a lot of spots in Sarasota downtown but didn't have my board with me whenever I was there.

Glad you had a good time dude, I was there the beginning of the month. the weather kicked my ass and I gave up and went to munchies and had a few beers and kicked it on the beach in siesta key
I actually like Payne’s but the last few years it’s gotten to a pretty bad condition in some areas

YungJugg

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 229
« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2021, 10:34:36 AM »
Calusa’s beers are proper.