Author Topic: Brototype (The TV Series)  (Read 2834 times)

sven thorkel

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 476
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Brototype (The TV Series)
« on: April 26, 2012, 04:52:12 PM »
alright slap pals and slap foes, it's time to help me out on a tv series that will never get pitched, therefore it'll never get made. i'm thinking about a show that features a robot college party dude titled Brototype. let's say that his creator is an introverted, socially awkward mechanical genius who controls his brototype in order to experience all the glitz and glamor that college life has to offer, but he missed out on due to his nerdyness. think of all the fun you can have with brototype going to frat parties, murdering games of beer pong (brototype is ethanol fueled, of course), and slaying chix with his life like roboweiner (which never gets whiskey dick). i'm thinking that the first half of the season will be all fun and games, but by the second half the creator starts losing control of brototype. brototype starts going on benders that last way too many nights, which starts to give him hyperactivity causing his previously suppressed mental capabilities to go full throttle. this could mean that brototype would go all iRobot, or he could even be like robin williams in that one movie where he wants to become fully human and possibly settle down with a chill girl (one of his fuck buddies??)    

now you guys gotta help me out with bro stereotypes that we can integrate into brototype's lifestyle. he obviously has white sunglasses and a backwards white cap, board shorts and thong sandals (all season), but he needs some more characteristics. long board and frisbee attachments are a must, but there's so much more you can do with it. also, try and spot out some inconsistencies; i want brototype to be as realistic as possible    
"Front row tickets to a bomb ass play"

Quote from: PonyFAP
I don't know where you get your facts. The first generation of My Little Ponies were made by Hasbro, not the Khmer Rouge. And Hasbro hasn't made toys out of human skulls since the 1960's.

Tom Penny says: My 'ed systems!

BuddyPal

Re: Brototype (The TV Series)
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2012, 05:01:59 PM »
chin strap beard
chicago bulls snap back
protein shakes
sun burnt all the time

sven thorkel

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2012, 09:25:23 AM »
sun burnt all the time is pretty good advice. there will definitely be an episode where he visits a music fest (is coachella the most bro? i dunno) and he has to fit into the crowd, cause you know, that's what being a bro is all about

I don't know where you get your facts. The first generation of My Little Ponies were made by Hasbro, not the Khmer Rouge. And Hasbro hasn't made toys out of human skulls since the 1960's.

Wall of Nausea

• Rep: -60
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2012, 08:08:50 PM »
nike air max's
hollister/whatever mall shit or obnoxious bejeweled cum jeans
heavy amounts of dolce and gabana cologne or bvlgari or whatever expensive high end shit
fake diamond earrings
boondock saints tattoos or whatever flavor of the month rapper or mma guy has tatted
red bull/monster+vodka+jager dispenser
kid cudi and lil wayne on repeat
excessive beer pong and drinking games
any kind of sport bike, like kawaski, etc.
bench press talk
extremely low IQ
everything relates to pussy and the ratio of other bros in the group fucking up chances of banging a skank slut with a spray tan, so they fight as if it is the last woman on earth.

coke, ecstasy, insert the trendy drug of the year or last 3.

pancake man

• Rep: 34
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2012, 02:15:25 PM »
Natty/ Bud/ Keystone Light on lock and in stock

ice nine

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -308
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2012, 08:28:31 PM »
have him constantly say he isnt a racist, while having him say racist shit every day.

coachalla is indie hipster i think, need to look for more electronic/dance festivals.

maybe get pauly d as a creative producer too

he should be obsessed with comedy central roasts and all internet meme's, especially semi recent ones that are even less funny then when they were topical.

have him go to the beach and watch ufc on his smartphone
I;m sure i;m not the only dc/monster/subaru type guy here

sven thorkel

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2012, 08:54:28 PM »
nike air max's
heavy amounts of dolce and gabana cologne or bvlgari or whatever expensive high end shit
fake diamond earrings
boondock saints tattoos or whatever flavor of the month rapper or mma guy has tatted
bench press talk
extremely low IQ
everything relates to pussy and the ratio of other bros in the group fucking up chances of banging a skank slut with a spray tan, so they fight as if it is the last woman on earth.

i want brototype to be a little more of a light-natured chill bro and less of an aggressive tattoo inspired tech guido/chongo.

coachalla is indie hipster i think, need to look for more electronic/dance festivals.

i think coachella is pretty mainstream. paris hilton's dj boyfriend did a set, so you know it can't be that indie. but with that being said, i think i just got a major plot idea. in the middle of brototypes rebellion he meets a hipster girl that he starts having feelings for. before he was just a conduit for the creators desired promiscuity, but once he gets a mind of his own he wants to break out of the bro mold that he was forced into and he thinks he can do this by dating a girl that's the antithesis of a broette. they have some good times, but then she is turned off by the fact that brototype is not human (she starts to think of him as an animated real doll). she breaks brototypes heart - or ethanol pumping mechanism in his case - and then he forces the creator to make more brototypes for him to hang out and party with, thus helping him cope with the break up. a robot frat is formed and then dominates the international beer pong league   

Eschaton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -46
  • D?ner Macht Sch?ner
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2012, 08:57:26 PM »
I want to fucking watch this show.

Evil Kraken from the Arctic Sea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 288
  • Hi SlapPal!
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2012, 09:06:24 PM »
I want to fucking watch this show.
Yes it's genius.
I'll go frontside on some tranny for you.

Beer Keg Peg Leg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -35
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2012, 01:13:14 AM »
yo my show idea isn't as good as you and also its a movie...but what if you have a guy whos the only guy in the world who can remember being a baby, and when he was a baby he saw a murder...but no one believes him because no one can remember being a baby...what you guy think

realitycontrol

• Rep: 237
  • "only when i breathe"
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2012, 02:01:18 AM »

"indie hipster" and "bro" are pretty synonymous right now...at least in southern califronia. and you'll see both types at coachey or the local mainstream rave.
"Judging by the state of the economy and world at large, looks like we get to be the fucked generation." - Mouth

smokecrack

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -160
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2012, 02:32:12 AM »
Expand Quote
nike air max's
fake diamond earrings
bench press talk
extremely low IQ

[close]

i want brototype to be a little more of a light-natured chill bro and less of an aggressive tattoo inspired tech guido/chongo.

Expand Quote
[close]

i think coachella is pretty mainstream. paris hilton's dj boyfriend did a set, so you know it can't be that indie. but with that being said, i think i just got a major plot idea. in the middle of brototypes rebellion he meets a hipster girl that he starts having feelings for. before he was just a conduit for the creators desired promiscuity, but once he gets a mind of his own he wants to break out of the bro mold that he was forced into and he thinks he can do this by dating a girl that's the antithesis of a broette. they have some good times, but then she is turned off by the fact that brototype is not human (she starts to think of him as an animated real doll). she breaks brototypes heart - or ethanol pumping mechanism in his case - and then he forces the creator to make more brototypes for him to hang out and party with, thus helping him cope with the break up. a robot frat is formed and then dominates the international beer pong league� �

the hipster-chick plot-twist is pure genius. i like that idea a lot.

yo my show idea isn't as good as you and also its a movie...but what if you have a guy whos the only guy in the world who can remember being a baby, and when he was a baby he saw a murder...but no one believes him because no one can remember being a baby...what you guy think

YES! moar pl0x

Expand Quote
[close]

"indie hipster" and "bro" are pretty synonymous right now...at least in southern califronia. and you'll see both types at coachey or the local mainstream rave.

yup, this is true. we are living in the age of 'hipster-bro's'

Lance Meowntain

• Rep: -3
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2012, 11:20:38 AM »
Havent read all suggestions, but a puka shell necklace would be a must me thinks.

daddy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 113
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2012, 12:22:45 PM »
Coachella is good, but maybe warped tour or lallapolooza? Where is the setting? Brototype and his creator (maybe Deacon or "Deek" for short) on a road trip to the festival would be good, where Brototype can drive non stop because he is a robot but they have to stop in some really rural towns along the way and Brototype doesn't understand the lives of small town Americans?

Pelican

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 252
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2012, 12:30:57 PM »
there's something called "fest" that takes place in florida, i believe.

my roommate freshman year drank a shitload of muscle milk, but just got really fat--maybe he could discover this wonderful milk, but it's not compatible with his system and causes severe inflammation/swelling. This leads to the discovery of self-esteem, and a newfound respect for his more heavyset compatriots (also fat girl encounters).

skate_bored

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 56
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2012, 05:24:26 PM »
sports teams "snapbacks" and janoskis are trending pretty hard right now with the bro's around here. its rough.

sven thorkel

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2012, 05:25:01 PM »
Coachella is good, but maybe warped tour or lallapolooza? Where is the setting? Brototype and his creator (maybe Deacon or "Deek" for short) on a road trip to the festival would be good, where Brototype can drive non stop because he is a robot but they have to stop in some really rural towns along the way and Brototype doesn't understand the lives of small town Americans?

i'm liking the idea of calling the creator Deacon. going by your gamertag is a must if you're a mech genius. i'm wondering if i should put deacon in the limelight for a few episodes, you know, showing off his neurotic and repulsive nature, or should he just be submersed all the time in his motion activated control suit (with pleasure mods) that lies in the back of the brototype mobile command unit?

my roommate freshman year drank a shitload of muscle milk, but just got really fat--maybe he could discover this wonderful milk, but it's not compatible with his system and causes severe inflammation/swelling. This leads to the discovery of self-esteem, and a newfound respect for his more heavyset compatriots (also fat girl encounters).

discovering self-esteem could be a good post-break up, middle of the downward spiral subplot

managuense

• Rep: -27
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2012, 05:37:23 PM »
consider your idea stolen

sven thorkel

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2012, 12:18:27 PM »
Oh, and the setting's got to be California. that's the epicenter of bro culture, and deacon's aware of that, so it only make sense if it's set there. San Diego sounds good, cause i plan on making deacon a bit of a fugitive (to spice things up), and there's nowhere else that's that close to the Mexican border and that saturated with bros. 

im thinking that deacon should be from one of those high technoburbs in the pacific northwest, so he's all pasty and shit cause he's never been exposed to the sun. let's say that he got a joint Ph.D in mechanical engineering and computer science when he was 16, worked for a while at Boeing or something along those lines, got fed up with working with others, looted some equipment, then took off to California to fulfill his bro fantasies. him not being able to stand other people also means that he can program an autoresponder for brototype so that he doesn't have to deal with post-coital pillow talk with broette bores; instead he can surf the deep web or play vintage video games