Author Topic: Jake Brown off Blind.  (Read 26075 times)

sid vicious

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 64
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Jake Brown off Blind.
« Reply #30 on: April 30, 2012, 01:38:06 AM »
nation reforming?

Cockaigne

• Rep: 0
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #31 on: May 01, 2012, 05:49:33 AM »
Jake Brown on LE.

True Story

Liam Baker

• Rep: -50
« Reply #32 on: May 04, 2012, 10:58:21 PM »
Expand Quote
Honestly if this wasn't a topic I wouldn't have noticed he was kicked off/quit/whatever the hell
This actually is. Blind is the adio of board companies. I don't really get how it's still in business.
[close]

Tech Decks and completes
[/quote/]
you forgot that deal where they give you two decks for $75 or something. I'm pretty sure that's a fair contributer, but those tech deck pros sure are feelin that blind shit
fuck

MrGrace

• Rep: -6
« Reply #33 on: May 05, 2012, 09:00:06 AM »
Since the Slap boards have been around lots of you keeps saying the same thing when they talk about Blind and completes / tech decks and the Slap boards have been around a long time.
We sell boards,completes and we have tech decks
That is the same for almost every company I can think of
There is always a lot of interesting stuff to read on here and most people on here seem highly educated in all aspects of skateboarding let alone experts in its history
I've always enjoyed when people on here say that like its supposed to be some kind of insult thrown directly at us.
Like that would stop the good time and skateboarding the team is constantly up to
Seems like a lot of people are pissed about something with Blind but Creager,Craig,Sheffey,Morgan,Romar,Duncombe,Sewa and myself very much enjoy it.
So do you really want to make us sad :(?
If you want tell me what you hate or like about Blind and maybe I can learn something and or fix it
Thanks Weiss

Applesalad

• Rep: -3
« Reply #34 on: May 05, 2012, 09:25:59 AM »
Since the Slap boards have been around lots of you keeps saying the same thing when they talk about Blind and completes / tech decks and the Slap boards have been around a long time.
There is always a lot of interesting stuff to read on here and most people on here seem highly educated in all aspects of skateboarding let alone experts in its history
I've always enjoyed when people on here say that like its supposed to be some kind of insult thrown directly at us.
Like that would stop the good time and skateboarding the team is constantly up to
Seems like a lot of people are pissed about something with Blind but Creager,Craig,Sheffey,Morgan,Romar,Duncombe,Sewa and myself very much enjoy it.
If you want tell me what you hate or like about Blind and maybe I can learn something and or fix it
Thanks Weiss

^go weiss

The Ghost of Lenny Kirk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -146
« Reply #35 on: May 05, 2012, 10:02:21 AM »
Get dwindle to do a new trilogy type video with blind almost enjoi and cliche and whatever remaining companies want to put in footage. Itd be a great video.

But honest critique?  Blind is generic as fuck.the image and footage are so bland. Its why im so hyped on LE. They might be making a bunch of mistakes but at least its fun to watch. You guys might be having the funnest time but i dont see it in the footage or the graphics. It sells so i cant blame you but then you cant blame me for not being that hyped on new footage from blind. It doesnt really carry the world industries torch as well as almost or enjoi.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2012, 10:09:34 AM by The Ghost of Lenny Kirk »

fulfillthedream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 320
« Reply #36 on: May 05, 2012, 10:06:06 AM »
Get dwindle to do a new trilogy type video with blind almost enjoi and cliche and whatever remaining companies want to put in footage. Itd be a great video.

hell yeah! that'd be fucking sick. i liked the whole format of the cinematographers project with a bunch of skaters. a dwindle video would be sick!
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

Monty Burns

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -325
  • Release the hounds
« Reply #37 on: May 05, 2012, 10:48:28 AM »
Thanks Weiss

While the team is sick , the brand isnt the same really as back in the trilogy days . Grafics are abit meeeh .

But Creager , Craig , Morgan , Romar  are fucking sick   where did sheppard go ?  dude was the best =(

LOU.502

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 82
  • rawr
« Reply #38 on: May 05, 2012, 11:22:28 AM »
Expand Quote
Thanks Weiss

[close]

While the team is sick , the brand isnt the same really as back in the trilogy days . Grafics are abit meeeh .

But Creager , Craig , Morgan , Romar  are fucking sick   where did sheppard go ?  dude was the best =(
yes!!! dude is one of my favorites to this day!
also is jake  really off or not?

im probably lying

Monty Burns

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -325
  • Release the hounds
« Reply #39 on: May 05, 2012, 12:50:04 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Thanks Weiss

[close]

[close]

Sheppard , Craig and Creager were the 3 amigos of blind . was like digital 2-6 where they all had super sick footage . And RM vs DS round 2 really amazing stuff too .  The BS flip Craig does down that plantar gap is one of the best ever done .

Sheppard is way sick . shame he went AWOL   . Always wonderd why he and blind went quits ?   

Bruh Man

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 122
  • Upstairs, fifth floor
« Reply #40 on: May 05, 2012, 01:33:03 PM »
Sheppard is way sick . shame he went AWOL   . Always wonderd why he and blind went quits ?   
Dude could hold a fakie back nosegrind. Too bad him posting here didn't last.

MrGrace

« Reply #41 on: May 05, 2012, 05:33:58 PM »
Without a question I love the idea of a Dwindle video that would be really sick.
As far as Blind not being the same as the Trillogy days those were some awesome times but that was 17 years ago and lots of stuff has happened ,changed since then.I grew up loving the Bones Brigade and as I got older to know I really cherish those times just as the Trillogy era not just for  Blind but in general.

smokecrack

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -160
« Reply #42 on: May 05, 2012, 06:20:27 PM »
Thanks Weiss

i'm going to be blatantly honest with you, Weiss. (you do all the editing and pick most of the music, right?) those aspects of current Blind videos are almost unbearable. it's like whoever does the editing/music choices is 10-15 years behind. the graphics are also very bland and lifeless. your team seems like the most random assortment of dudes who couldn't get on a better company. no identity or feel at all. the last time Blind felt like a team was when you had Gideon Choi, Corey Sheppard, James Craig and Creager on (i think GMos or Kasper were still on too, i dunno.)  i always root for you guys and i want you to be greater than you are (especially since you guys have supported Ronnie for so long,) but i'm constantly underwhelmed with everything Blind does. the company should honestly listen to us, the consumers. well, we probably aren't your key demographic, but if you ever want to gain a little bit of respect or cred from actual skateboarders who aren't 14, then you should hear us out. Blind can be so much better than it is now. please, Weiss, listen to what we're saying.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2012, 06:24:04 PM by smokecrack »

MrGrace

« Reply #43 on: May 05, 2012, 06:37:35 PM »
I actually do not do most of the editing but I do a a good amount of the filming if you dont like that as well.
As far as music no matter what goes into a video if all those videos had different music someone would have had the same complaint as you.
Its music and everyone has different taste. The guys choose some and I have chosen some.
As far as your comments regarding the team I totally disagree. They are all individuals that bring their own unique take on skating to the table.
They dont try and be people they are not and I respect that about all of them.
All those dudes fuck rip so if you dont like or back any of the skating Im not sure what to say to that.
So it seems like you enjoyed Blind 12-15 years ago. It was a cool era

fulfillthedream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 320
« Reply #44 on: May 05, 2012, 09:41:07 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Thanks Weiss

[close]

[close]
[close]

Sheppard , Craig and Creager were the 3 amigos of blind . was like digital 2-6 where they all had super sick footage . And RM vs DS round 2 really amazing stuff too .  The BS flip Craig does down that plantar gap is one of the best ever done .

isn't he an artist? i remember him painting on a canvas in his "what if" intro, maybe he is focusing more on that. but indeed he was sick. really represented dwindles later 90s early 2000 vibe.
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

The Ghost of Lenny Kirk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -146
« Reply #45 on: May 06, 2012, 03:56:44 AM »
i dunno. Just be a world industries company like you guys always were. I know you guys have opinions.

And a dwindle video is less work for all the board companies involved. Round 4? 60 frames per second? 60 frames? Whatever it is shit would be tight.

sleepypancakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 228
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #46 on: May 06, 2012, 10:13:08 AM »
I actually do not do most of the editing but I do a a good amount of the filming if you dont like that as well.
As far as music no matter what goes into a video if all those videos had different music someone would have had the same complaint as you.
Its music and everyone has different taste. The guys choose some and I have chosen some.
As far as your comments regarding the team I totally disagree. They are all individuals that bring their own unique take on skating to the table.
They dont try and be people they are not and I respect that about all of them.
All those dudes fuck rip so if you dont like or back any of the skating Im not sure what to say to that.
So it seems like you enjoyed Blind 12-15 years ago. It was a cool era

I don't think anyone is disagreeing that the team rips. The team DOES rip and is full of guys that I'm sure we would all love to see skate.

That being said...some of the graphics are very, how do I put this, underdeveloped? Yes, I love the 12-15 years ago era, but I'm also up to speed with today's skating. The only recent graphics I've enjoyed are Cliff's cartoon one and the Sheffey "Soldier's Story" board with the rip off Life logo. Those brotherhood series boards are cool, you're supporting dudes who may have fallen off over the years, great. I just think that the Kenny Grim Reeper middle finger shit is played out, time for something new. As long as you keep the og gonz logo, like you always have.

MrGrace

« Reply #47 on: May 06, 2012, 10:50:43 AM »
To everyone who shared their opinion thank you
I going to take this all in and try and make some new shit happen that hopefully youll be stoked on
Weiss

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 315
« Reply #48 on: May 06, 2012, 11:21:21 AM »
I going to take this all in and try and make some new shit happen that hopefully youll be stoked on
Weiss

You can do two things that will make Blind better. Turn Romar and Morgan Smith pro.
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

thugnificent

« Reply #49 on: May 06, 2012, 11:31:03 AM »
hire a new filmer/editor and marketing guy asap

ATYPICALSLAPPOSTER

• Rep: -14
« Reply #50 on: May 06, 2012, 11:59:54 AM »
that sucks

MrGrace

« Reply #51 on: May 06, 2012, 12:14:04 PM »
Thugnificent can you be more specific?
Do you not like the ads ? If so why?
What is wrong with the filming? IS there a specific part or parts?
Editing is there parts that you liked or you hated them all? If so what ones?

sleepypancakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 228
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #52 on: May 06, 2012, 12:47:19 PM »
Expand Quote
Weiss
[close]

You can do two things that will make Blind better. Turn Romar and Morgan Smith pro.
Word.

ATYPICALSLAPPOSTER

« Reply #53 on: May 06, 2012, 12:49:40 PM »
Scentence.

360 frip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65504
  • -65 G 4 RYFE
« Reply #54 on: May 06, 2012, 01:14:15 PM »
The reaper thing is shit.
"I DON'T WANT TO BELONG TO ANY CLUB THAT WILL ACCEPT PEOPLE LIKE ME AS A MEMBER." Groucho

"Sorry 360 frip, you are banned from using this forum!" HATE

Applesalad

« Reply #55 on: May 06, 2012, 01:24:00 PM »
TURN MORGAN PRO!!!

ATYPICALSLAPPOSTER

« Reply #56 on: May 06, 2012, 01:39:12 PM »
turn him pro

360 frip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65504
  • -65 G 4 RYFE
« Reply #57 on: May 06, 2012, 01:53:36 PM »
Pro? Can't really see it without a sick part. BATB doesn't mean so much.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2012, 01:55:35 PM by 360 frip »
"I DON'T WANT TO BELONG TO ANY CLUB THAT WILL ACCEPT PEOPLE LIKE ME AS A MEMBER." Groucho

"Sorry 360 frip, you are banned from using this forum!" HATE

buffalo hunter

• Rep: 35
« Reply #58 on: May 06, 2012, 02:20:41 PM »
Blind is premiering "Tim and Henry's Pack of Lives" in August and is also reissuing a Tim Gavin and Henry Sanchez deck with the original shape.  The decks will probably be heat transfer because screen print is to expensive.

Applesalad

« Reply #59 on: May 06, 2012, 02:24:20 PM »
Pro? Can't really see it without a sick part. BATB doesn't mean so much.
is this not sick enough for you ? he deserves it without a doubt.