Author Topic: First ever 1080 at X Games Asia  (Read 1719 times)

lateralmovement

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 1
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
First ever 1080 at X Games Asia
« on: April 30, 2012, 05:49:32 PM »

cornholio

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 19
Re: First ever 1080 at X Games Asia
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2012, 06:51:21 PM »
Fuck man id be so dizzy.

Pippen

• Rep: 16
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2012, 07:08:09 PM »
Good.  It doesn't count until it's during a competition.

jimi420

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2012, 07:12:22 PM »
I said this in the other thread about a 1080 and I'll say it here too: it was fakie so it doesn't count.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2012, 07:46:03 PM »
I said this in the other thread about a 1080 and I'll say it here too: it was fakie so it doesn't count.
oh, well you were wrong both times you fucking idiot. 720's were done fakie first, and actually very few people have done forward to fakie 720s. Shut the fuck up, you have no fucking clue what you are talking about. I know you want to argue back with some stupid and faulty logic, don't, you are wrong and will only be increasing the amount of stupid and incorrect posts you have made. In fact, maybe you should hit yourself for being so stupid. It might help.

Good.  It doesn't count until it's during a competition.
Duh, haven't you seen grind or street dreams?
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

Strike A Pose

• Rep: -613
  • Get slapped!
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2012, 08:24:02 PM »
More megaramp garbage.

Still waiting for halfpipe footage.

BabyKillaSeason

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 138
    • AnotherDudeWithABlog avatar image
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2012, 09:35:06 PM »
Bastien arms

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -485
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2012, 10:20:12 PM »
so are we not recognizing the kid who did it a month ago or is the chinese media and who ever posted this just bias and ignorant of previous threads?
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

noileum

• Rep: 29
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2012, 10:48:29 PM »
so are we not recognizing the kid who did it a month ago or is the chinese media and who ever posted this just bias and ignorant of previous threads?

it's the same dude isn't it? 

little fucker can self cheer all he likes after landing one imho
« Last Edit: April 30, 2012, 10:50:11 PM by noileum »

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2012, 10:56:00 PM »
yeah, same kid.
I'm gonna throw out the classic '90s anti-vert dude cynicism- I wonder if he can kickflip.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

friendly dave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 738
  • grinding to a halt
    • grindingtoahalt avatar image
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2012, 11:02:41 PM »
To me, megaramp progression does not equal vert progression. I'll be much more impressed when someone pulls this on a vert ramp and can pull a big ass air to fakie, and then whip a 1080. That being said, this is still better than the last 1080, when the kid just rolled fakie into the mega-quarter. But if you want to be a jump king, get you ass a rocket bike and jump the snake river canyon, otherwise, if you're jumping the mega-ramp, I want to see you getting down on some other shit as well.
Because you can't kill and idea, and we will not be ruled!

the visuals are also mad visual yo
FTW

able

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 636
  • omm nom
    • able Skate Mag avatar image
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2012, 12:32:59 AM »
The old vert guys can't be happy about this little wonder kid

The little bastard is doing 1080's and 900's like it's nothing, and the old guys are lucky to get away with a 720.

I saw Andy Mac cheering for that little shit nugget after he spun a 1080, but you could see in his eyes

there was fear...... and resentment. and just look at those fucking scores!

« Last Edit: May 01, 2012, 12:35:03 AM by able »
ableSkateMag.com

victor333

« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2012, 12:42:27 AM »
To me, megaramp progression does not equal vert progression. I'll be much more impressed when someone pulls this on a vert ramp and can pull a big ass air to fakie, and then whip a 1080. That being said, this is still better than the last 1080, when the kid just rolled fakie into the mega-quarter. But if you want to be a jump king, get you ass a rocket bike and jump the snake river canyon, otherwise, if you're jumping the mega-ramp, I want to see you getting down on some other shit as well.

alotta this

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1581
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2012, 07:13:56 AM »
Schnaarly......

mcpeepants

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -18
« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2012, 09:34:42 AM »

So fakie tricks don't "count" in lines, down stair sets, rails, games of skate, etc?
you some closet dick-in-da-booty ass nigga.

jimi420

« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2012, 10:01:02 AM »
It was a joke, obviously a shitty one, but a joke. I was just saying it didn't count because it's easier to spin tricks when they're fakie making the 1080 easier than if he would have done it riding forward. It's an amazing trick and took hella work for him to land so I'm not hating on him at all.

shred420

• Rep: -25
« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2012, 10:13:55 AM »

The little bastard is doing 1080's and 900's like it's nothing, and the old guys are lucky to get away with a 720.

I saw Andy Mac cheering for that little shit nugget after he spun a 1080, but you could see in his eyes

Its actually the opposite of what you think all the old vert pros are happy this kid is doing all of this from a business perspective. This kid is going to bring more attention to a dying part of skating and hopefully this will get more kids interested in skateboarding if they see a kid doing all these things.
The reality of the situation is that that kid Tom Schaar would be not be where he is at if it went for these vert pro's taking him under his wing. Bucky, Bob, and PlG all have done it because they see how it can be good for skating.(Its like how shawn white is good for skating because he brings a different audience)

able

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 636
  • omm nom
    • able Skate Mag avatar image
« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2012, 10:25:03 AM »
touche!

You actually make some valid points there. I didn't think of it THAT way.

Those dudes will take any publicity they can get. 

It was a joke, obviously a shitty one, but a joke. I was just saying it didn't count because it's easier to spin tricks when they're fakie making the 1080 easier than if he would have done it riding forward. It's an amazing trick and took hella work for him to land so I'm not hating on him at all.
I like you Jimi, but you are really showing your age and lack of vert knowledge with this "fakie is cheating" jibber jabber.

ableSkateMag.com

Rutger Hauer

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2012, 11:00:07 AM »

Hahaa! Fuck man, this was a good one.
"I don't know what my appeal is. I can see I've got blue eyes and don't look like the Hunchback of Notre Dame but I can't understand the fuss."

sprayTAN101

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -30
  • thats a sweet tan bro.
« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2012, 12:00:10 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Its actually the opposite of what you think all the old vert pros are happy this kid is doing all of this from a business perspective. This kid is going to bring more attention to a dying part of skating and hopefully this will get more kids interested in skateboarding if they see a kid doing all these things.
The reality of the situation is that that kid Tom Schaar would be not be where he is at if it went for these vert pro's taking him under his wing. Bucky, Bob, and PlG all have done it because they see how it can be good for skating.(Its like how shawn white is good for skating because he brings a different audience)

if money is your ultimate objective, then yes.
otherwise: NONONONONONO!!! im not arguing against that the MEGA(ramp)pro's are backing this kid, im just saying that what you call a different audience im calling the wrong audience.

"lifestyle scorpion dude..."

jimi420

« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2012, 12:20:26 PM »

Expand Quote
[close]
I like you Jimi, but you are really showing your age and lack of vert knowledge with this "fakie is cheating" jibber jabber.

I will admit that I don't know anything about vert at all. And honestly before I came to Slap I didn't know much about street either. This might also show my age and lack of knowledge but I'm still befuddled by what Berra meant when he said he had Vert foot.

ihateslapmag

• Rep: -15
« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2012, 12:22:57 PM »
More megaramp garbage.

Damn you're so core  :o

shred420

« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2012, 12:29:42 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

if money is your ultimate objective, then yes.
otherwise: NONONONONONO!!! im not arguing against that the MEGA(ramp)pro's are backing this kid, im just saying that what you call a different audience im calling the wrong audience.
I totally agree with you but these pro's just want to keep there career going and that wrong audience is a audience and that's all they care about.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #23 on: May 01, 2012, 12:32:53 PM »
Bob should have won, just for his bails
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

TheDraught

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65241
  • Team -65K
« Reply #24 on: May 01, 2012, 01:07:45 PM »
Really really good, but it would have been even cooler if he did a backside 180 over the gap, instead of a frontside 180.

AfterEight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -81
« Reply #25 on: May 01, 2012, 02:07:56 PM »
More megaramp garbage.

exactly

Beeda Weeda

« Reply #26 on: May 01, 2012, 02:16:14 PM »
its funny, we all know its gnarly, but how can anyone really care?