Author Topic: Erik ellington interview  (Read 23436 times)

David Schwimmer

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -27
    • http://orgasmicabyss.tumblr.com/ avatar image
Re: Erik ellington interview
« Reply #30 on: May 13, 2012, 07:35:07 AM »
I know way more people who have fucked their lives up smoking weed, I can't even count how many, I only know one person who smoked crack, he's actually doing better than the potheads still working as line cooks at 30+, at least he is in university.

The funny thing here Harry is that your not even a troll, you just suck, and have terrible opinions.

Your pal,

-Dave
We were on a break

DaSk8D00D

« Reply #31 on: May 13, 2012, 07:58:34 AM »
I know way more people who have fucked their lives up smoking weed, I can't even count how many, I only know one person who smoked crack, he's actually doing better than the potheads still working as line cooks at 30+, at least he is in university.

you gotta be kidding me. just because in your experience you've seen people do worse smoking weed than crack doesnt mean that thats true everywhere else. you dont see anybody saying "legalize crack" or using it for medicinal purposes.

you woulda had a better argument if you were talking about pure cocaine (although i still wouldnt agree with you) but to say that smoking weed is just as bad if not worse than smoking rocks is fucking absurd.

Jackburton

« Reply #32 on: May 13, 2012, 09:14:46 AM »
I have to tinkle.

HairyCunt

• Rep: -348
« Reply #33 on: May 13, 2012, 11:03:42 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

you gotta be kidding me. just because in your experience you've seen people do worse smoking weed than crack doesnt mean that thats true everywhere else. you dont see anybody saying "legalize crack" or using it for medicinal purposes.

you woulda had a better argument if you were talking about pure cocaine (although i still wouldnt agree with you) but to say that smoking weed is just as bad if not worse than smoking rocks is fucking absurd.

You're just deluded. I also said it's just as bad. Nobody of intelligence is saying legalize weed.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2012, 11:06:25 AM by HarryCrews »

Prison Wallet

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 511
  • I'm gonna break my leg off in your ass
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #34 on: May 13, 2012, 11:13:08 AM »
You're only 12 posts in. Focus and try again.

victor333

« Reply #35 on: May 13, 2012, 11:39:00 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

You're just deluded. I also said it's just as bad. Nobody of intelligence is saying legalize weed.

really? Like, really?

HairyCunt

« Reply #36 on: May 13, 2012, 11:41:14 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

really? Like, really?

yes, really.

David Schwimmer

• Rep: -27
    • http://orgasmicabyss.tumblr.com/ avatar image
« Reply #37 on: May 13, 2012, 11:43:06 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

really? Like, really?
[close]

yes, really.

Dude even Victor is bashing on you
We were on a break

Gnarfunkell

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 144
« Reply #38 on: May 13, 2012, 04:36:43 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Get informed:

HairyCunt

« Reply #39 on: May 13, 2012, 06:15:33 PM »
HAHA Classic response "get informed".  Thank you for the non biased and current documentary.  The only worthy rebuttal would have to be.... ::)
« Last Edit: May 13, 2012, 06:17:43 PM by HarryCrews »

BraveUlysses

« Reply #40 on: May 13, 2012, 07:00:53 PM »
Haha say something else funny.

CUDDLEMONSTER

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 170
  • reptiles
« Reply #41 on: May 13, 2012, 07:01:16 PM »
i think children should smoke crack and ollie 50 sets just because fuck harry crews.

ROCKxADIO420

« Reply #42 on: May 13, 2012, 07:26:31 PM »
HAHA Classic response "get informed".  Thank you for the non biased and current documentary.  The only worthy rebuttal would have to be.... ::)
this guys sounds smart i am going to listen to this one.

cringe.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 414
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #43 on: May 13, 2012, 08:18:13 PM »
you guys are idiots, do you think its just some crazy coincidence that if you rearrange the letters of 'weed', add an a, and minus the w, it spells 'dead'. wake up people

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #44 on: May 14, 2012, 12:08:51 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Carl Sagan said to legalize Marijuana, so do Pat Robertson, Barney Frank, and Ron Paul. There's no way you don't think at least one of them is "of intelligence."
Oh, and don't you hate it when you are walking down the street and a sketchy tweaking weedhead jumps out at you and starts screaming shit at the top of his lungs?
Also, here is a list of deaths by drug overdose as compiled by wikipedia- see how many you can find that are related to cocaine, and see how many you can find that are related to marijuana.

The reason nobody you know is fucked from it is because nobody does it anymore because its so hardcore fucked up and stupid. Officially the crack epidemic is over, and its because nobody in their right mind wants to touch that shit. Which of course proves a point about the drug war....
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

shouldn't

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 99
« Reply #45 on: May 14, 2012, 12:38:49 AM »
jerry garcia in a pouch man.

imagine fucking the dog shit outta chris roberts

tb303

• Rep: -141
  • acid drop
« Reply #46 on: May 14, 2012, 01:12:07 AM »
Legalize drugs in general, crack, smack, DMT, weed........everything

Gnarfunkell

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 144
« Reply #47 on: May 14, 2012, 08:01:44 AM »

Don't be a fool. I didn't say take everything from this documentary at face value. It is a great way to become informed on the subject as it provides numerous sources to look into the subject beyond the documentary itself.

Fenzadill

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 91
  • lemme get the 4 dollar one
« Reply #48 on: May 14, 2012, 08:37:09 AM »
The last time I had a drug test I asked the guy if they'd figured out how to test for paint and glue yet.  He looked really sad after that.

Standard drug tests are only really good at catching regular-use potheads.  There are extended drug tests which do check for inhalants like benzene and toluene, however much like the tests for Tryptamines, LSD, Phenethylamines etc, they are expensive and rarely used!

WOOOOOOOOOOO!
example. i cant cast a spelll or love potion on a girl and she falls total in love for me
but i can show a girl my tv youtube clip on my or her phone. but there's a difference ok

Beeda Weeda

« Reply #49 on: May 14, 2012, 09:19:10 AM »
i find it hard to beleive that he just walked away from hard drugs. good for him.

HairyCunt

« Reply #50 on: May 14, 2012, 04:53:43 PM »

I agree, if they legalize weed, they should legalize heroin, cocaine, and meth too.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #51 on: May 14, 2012, 06:06:33 PM »
Actually a huge number of drug tests look for amphetamines these days, which I honestly think is pretty legitimate, you can't trust a tweaker. Fucking tweakers ruin all the fun.
Expand Quote
[close]

I agree, if they legalize weed, they should legalize heroin, cocaine, and meth too.
I'm actually more in this camp by the day. I was thinking about it historically the other day (as I often do) and think about the crack epidemic. It was fucking awful and no matter what authorities tried they couldn't stop its spread. This was in the 80's, and a big part of it was that it was new and a cheap form of coke. By the late 90's the crack epidemic was officially over. Why? Because people figured out what crack does to the people they saw on it. No kid who grows up in a neighborhood of crackhead bums thinks "I want to try THAT!" Sure, it still exists, but not like it did. I could see the same thing happening with meth. When I was in college it didn't have the stigma it does today. It was just another drug, kinda like coke but cheaper or something. Some people got really into it and you have the meth head generation. Now everybody has seen the meth face ads, and nobody wants to be a tweaker or near one. I wouldn't be surprised if use dropped off significantly in the coming years.
There will always be a few, but in the end, common sense and understanding the effect a drug actually has on a person is a far greater influence over how many people take it than any law enforcement ever has.
Not to mention, law enforcement usually takes time to criminalize drugs, meaning the enforcement doesn't come until the problem is already there. This type of approach doesn't even really stop budding epidemics.
There was a really interesting thread with a conversation on the Prison Industrial Complex recently, and the conclusion we all seemed to have was that something needs to change with the direction it is going or we are all fucked. That's a bigger negative.

DaSk8D00D

« Reply #52 on: May 14, 2012, 08:02:04 PM »
i think drugs like weed, LSD, and other substances that cant really harm you (if used properly) should be legal, but there's some shit the human body just SHOULDNT  consume. drugs like crack that have pretty much no positive effects on the body and can fuck you up psychologically as well should still be illegal. even if most people dont fuck with em, theres always gonna be a few fiends that'll not only fuck their lives up but the lives of others as well. most hard drugs should still be a no no while all these bullshit laws against weed & shit like that should get lifted

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #53 on: May 14, 2012, 08:07:35 PM »
^ But those few fiends already do exist. The legal aspect of it changes nothing. I mean, I guess we support cartels with the policy though.
^How about heroin? Seems like people still get into that, and isn't that one of the dirtiest drugs?
Yeah, but not like the other drugs I mentioned. I know a lot of people who say "I've done everything but heroin." I'm not saying people will necessarily know better, but I don't think law enforcement is changing anything. I don't think the reason less people do heroin than weed has anything to do with its legal standing. I think social services should deal with addiction rather than prisons. Like I said though, I'm floating that way, I think it still has its flaws.

Fenzadill

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 91
  • lemme get the 4 dollar one
« Reply #54 on: May 15, 2012, 04:32:34 AM »
Everyone sort of ignores pills as a junkie's drug.  Most opiate drug users, especially intravenous, would choose Dilaudid or OxyContin over a bag of heroin any day, provided the price was right and the heroin being offered as an alternative wasn't the bomb-ass jam diggity.

I would say while it seems like less people are doing cocaine, meth, and heroin (and lots of folks still do lots of those) pharmaceutical use is up.  I might be wrong on that, though.
example. i cant cast a spelll or love potion on a girl and she falls total in love for me
but i can show a girl my tv youtube clip on my or her phone. but there's a difference ok

Monty Burns

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -325
  • Release the hounds
« Reply #55 on: May 15, 2012, 07:45:48 AM »
Expand Quote
^ But those few fiends already do exist. The legal aspect of it changes nothing. I mean, I guess we support cartels with the policy though.
Expand Quote
^How about heroin? Seems like people still get into that, and isn't that one of the dirtiest drugs?
[close]
Yeah, but not like the other drugs I mentioned. I know a lot of people who say "I've done everything but heroin." I'm not saying people will necessarily know better, but I don't think law enforcement is changing anything. I don't think the reason less people do heroin than weed has anything to do with its legal standing. I think social services should deal with addiction rather than prisons. Like I said though, I'm floating that way, I think it still has its flaws.
[close]

This.  I think everything should be legal.  You can get tried for doing crimes while on them, obviously kids shouldn't get them, but I think everything should be legal- the catch would be that it's up to employers to drug test.  Obviously a crane operator shouldn't be on anything, but what do I care if some desk job dude gets ripped and passes out at home.  Yes, there are flaws for sure- but there's more problems with drug laws, the shit going down in Mexico and other plays and our stiff laws have a big part in that.

Wrote about this in another thread but got totaly ignored  . Anyways Legalizing drugs would also create alot of new jobs . Farming , drug production , drug selling shops , and maybe more rehab places . The drugs could be controled in quality so less deaths and injuries from shitty product . And dosage could be controled from the places that sell it

Saving money on prisons for people in on drug charges and the police and border control can focus on other things .

While driving all drug dealers and drug producers out of busness . Question is where will they move on to ? prostitution ? kidnapping ? human traffecing ? or just go straight ?

And how would we regulate the drugs ?  can anybody over 16 buy heroin everyday ? or only afew grams a month ? . Would it be up to each workplace to ban which drugs you can be on at work ? off work ?

Probably a bad idea for Paramedics , Police and Army to be allowed to do PCP or Xs at work .

How would controle the drugs so the father of 2 with wife doesnt take out  a second morgage on the house and spends all the food money on heroin ?

Some stuff is funny though , they ppl who are totaly anti drugs would have a wake up call if the goverment suddenly banned tobaco . They tried to do it with Alcohol in many countries but they couldnt really do it since so many " normal " citizens would / became criminals and so many other shitty things that happend

via

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 239
« Reply #56 on: May 15, 2012, 08:28:26 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

This.� I think everything should be legal.� You can get tried for doing crimes while on them, obviously kids shouldn't get them, but I think everything should be legal- the catch would be that it's up to employers to drug test.� Obviously a crane operator shouldn't be on anything, but what do I care if some desk job dude gets ripped and passes out at home.� Yes, there are flaws for sure- but there's more problems with drug laws, the shit going down in Mexico and other plays and our stiff laws have a big part in that.
[close]

Wrote about this in another thread but got totaly ignored� . Anyways Legalizing drugs would also create alot of new jobs . Farming , drug production , drug selling shops , and maybe more rehab places . The drugs could be controled in quality so less deaths and injuries from shitty product . And dosage could be controled from the places that sell it

Saving money on prisons for people in on drug charges and the police and border control can focus on other things .

While driving all drug dealers and drug producers out of busness . Question is where will they move on to ? prostitution ? kidnapping ? human traffecing ? or just go straight ?

And how would we regulate the drugs ?� can anybody over 16 buy heroin everyday ? or only afew grams a month ? . Would it be up to each workplace to ban which drugs you can be on at work ? off work ?

Probably a bad idea for Paramedics , Police and Army to be allowed to do PCP or Xs at work

How would controle the drugs so the father of 2 with wife doesnt take out� a second morgage on the house and spends all the food money on heroin ?

Some stuff is funny though , they ppl who are totaly anti drugs would have a wake up call if the goverment suddenly banned tobaco . They tried to do it with Alcohol in many countries but they couldnt really do it since so many " normal " citizens would / became criminals and so many other shitty things that happend

The same way alcohol is now. There are a pretty strict set of rules in place for when to get legally drunk. The initial structure of the system would be pretty easy to put on paper, but the practicality of it would be a lot harder to enforce, I think. The physical addiction to harder drugs takes a much larger toll on people. An alcoholic can go a handful of hours without a drink a lot easier than a junkie can go a few without a fix. I'm also leaning towards everything being legal, but it definitely has it's hitches. Trusting the general population to exorcise their own self control with certain controlled substances is risky... there's a big bottom to fall out if it goes wrong.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2012, 09:09:38 AM by via »

ttching!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 65214
  • Smilin' Mercenary
« Reply #57 on: May 15, 2012, 09:29:51 AM »
i find it hard to beleive that he just walked away from hard drugs. good for him.

Its a myth that hard drugs hook you right away.  They cause your brain to release various neurotransmitters it uses to operate, and the flood of them into your system is what gets you high.  Your brain recognizes that the drugs are a more convenient initiation system for these neurotransmitters then its natural process for releasing them, likes this, and thus begins to further break down your inhibitions to using them each time you do, eventually resulting in physical dependency.  Good experiences while high positively reinforce this process at its outset, but negative ones can stop it in its tracks.

NonCents

« Reply #58 on: May 17, 2012, 12:54:14 PM »
Kinda funny story:

In early 2000 I moved to Hollywood from the Bay Area with my girlfriend (now my wife). We lived a few blocks from Hollywood High and I would skate the stairs/ledges on the corner of Orange and Sunset all the time. One day we're all skating and this dude is lurking, watching people skate and comes over and is like "hey, are you interested in being in a music video?" Being a jobless dirt, I say "OK!" He gives me an address and tells me to be there Saturday morning - a van will be picking skaters up and driving them to the desert where they're shooting the video. I don't recall even knowing what band the video was for or how much I was getting paid at this point .

Saturday morning; show up at the address and it's Danny Minnick's house (classic LA skater/filmer/lurker). Jake Brown is there. I knew Jake from working at Woodward so that was cool. The three of us shoot the shit for a bit and the van shows up. We pile in and the driver says he has two more stops. Pull up to the next house and Greco, Ellington and Reynolds get in. Minnick and Brown know these guys, I've seen them around LA but we haven't hung out before. Greco looks at me and says "Didn't know Fernandez was invited" because I have a curly fro/mop hair situation going on. Everyone chuckles. (I'm not Chad Fernandez btw). The second stop is at Guy Mariano's house. Pull up to Guy's house, Greco hops out of the van, disappears around the side of the house, comes back five minutes later, hops in the van and says "he aint coming." We head for the desert.

So we arrive at this location in the desert after about an hour. Most of the van ride was spent drinking from a bottle of whisky I brought in my backpack. We get out and they had this food tent setup and other other skaters there chilling. Wee man was there, Omar Hassan was there, other dudes who I can't remember were there, and I see this guy Leonard who used to manage Hot Rod (LA Skateshop) - who I was also homies with from Woodward. Leonard and I kick it and talk shit while the production crew finishes the set. So, the "set" consists of (1) the most ghetto vert ramp I've ever seen and (2) a burned up, spray painted truck with a plywood run-up and a launch ramp. The landing area was one sheet of warped plywood. Siiiiick. So Jake actually starts skating the vert ramp and blasting. A few of us drop in and attempt some lip tricks but the crew is definitely waiting for Jake to drop in.

After they're done filming vert, they tell us that they need to set up the "night shot" and that we had a few hours to chill. Someone must have run to a nearby store, because after a little bit we're sitting on the hillside overlooking the set with a few 30 packs and proceed to get shitfaced. At a certain point after the sun had gone down, the production people are yelling up to us to come down for the shoot and we're like "FUUUUUCCCCK YOOOOUUU." Greco being the most vocal participant of our mini-revolt. Oh, this is what made me think of this story for this thread - I talked to EE for most of that time and he was chill as shit.

Anyway, we eventually climb down off the hillside and the production people are pissed with Greco. Eventually, they're like "What's your name? You want a paycheck don't you? CHILL OUT!" and he keeps yelling and freaking out. They finally press him for his name when they've had enough and he says "Guy Mariano."

A few people are trying to ollie over the truck at this point and I'll shit you not, Wee-Man was the first one to stick it. I don't recall him being on the hillside drinking so that may explain it. After it became apparent that the truck/launch ramp setup was regular and that most of the "talent" was faded  - the production crew decided that they would just shoot the band performing in front of a crew of drunk, rowdy skaters. So that's what they did.

After all was said and done and it was time to head back to LA, we climbed back in the van drunk, smelling like a campfire and Greco had a check made out to Guy Mariano in his pocket. That was the first 200 bucks I made in Hollywood.

With that in mind, here's the video. Enjoy!

« Last Edit: May 17, 2012, 01:28:57 PM by NonCents »

EmilioBestevez

• Rep: 71
« Reply #59 on: May 17, 2012, 01:22:15 PM »
« Last Edit: May 17, 2012, 01:23:58 PM by EmilioBestevez »