Author Topic: Fake Pros  (Read 10942 times)

Jackburton

Re: Fake Pros
« Reply #30 on: May 23, 2012, 11:40:52 PM »

What the hell happened to him?  God i still hate those trick tip videos.  His voice.  I don't care what he did.  I hate him.  To me he is like that Hey Abbott buy from Men in Tights.

Also, yes I was wrong about him being a a fake pro.  On the youtube video it said professional. Go ahead and watch some of his trick tips at 3rd and Army and tell me you don't hate this guy.  Oh goodness.  I feel a lot better now.  Thanks for being here for me guys.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2012, 11:58:43 PM by Jackburton »

el chino

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -376
  • ants suck!
« Reply #31 on: May 24, 2012, 11:21:42 AM »
you guys wanna see a fake pro?
 here's one of the worst dudes i've ever seen
http://struggleskateboards.com/rubennajera.htm

also:

and THIS :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzhFd_D8nE0&feature=related
<iframe class="imgur-album" width="100%" height="550" frameborder="0" src="http://imgur.com/a/8ph4y/embed"></iframe>

stephendedalus

• Rep: 58
« Reply #32 on: May 24, 2012, 11:29:02 AM »
Nope, we wanna talk pasta advice.

Slap, thanks for all the helpful words, you're an inspiration to myself and the greater pasta community.

The Nose Face

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 8
« Reply #33 on: May 24, 2012, 12:23:46 PM »
Nope, we wanna talk pasta advice.

Slap, thanks for all the helpful words, you're an inspiration to myself and the greater pasta community.

Another cool cheap dinner i wanted to share, stephendedalus.

Egg, Bread, Fry Chicken Cutlets - but instead of bread crumbs, go to Target/Walmart and get a box of Captain Crunch and use that. Cereal in a super market can be around $5 or $6, but it's always cheaper at Target or Walmart. You crush that shit up, add a little salt & pepper - you got the sweet and salty combination, always good.

Also - Canned Stewed Tomatoes from Trader Joes mixed with macaroni and cheese is a satisfying simple dish too.

Molas

• Rep: 14
« Reply #34 on: May 24, 2012, 02:47:16 PM »

Damn that guy is hilarious all his videos are pure gold, the guy does beatbox, rides casterboards(?), and wears a golf glove while skating! Also he has 18 sponsors:

Struggle Skateboard
Powerbar
Power Balance
Snuggbuds
Peter Grimm Headwear
Driscolls
Filtrate Eyewear
Epic Action Sports Camera
Gripgum
S-One Helmets
Taildevil
Game On
Khiro
6 Starz Clothing
Street Surfing
Airspeed Footwear
Question Supplies
Purity Organic

!!!!
« Last Edit: May 24, 2012, 03:02:22 PM by Molas »

Jackburton

« Reply #35 on: May 25, 2012, 10:21:46 AM »
Hey I had to buy an S-one helmet once... it wasn't that bad.

Jackburton

« Reply #36 on: May 25, 2012, 10:22:51 AM »

also:

and THIS :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzhFd_D8nE0&feature=related
I got to 8 seconds... After I get off the commode I will take another look.  
« Last Edit: May 25, 2012, 10:29:55 AM by Jackburton »

Jackburton

« Reply #37 on: May 25, 2012, 10:24:56 AM »
Also all your liberal and left wing food advice makes me sick.  You are not helping anyone.  Please leave.

chockfullofthat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 176
« Reply #38 on: May 25, 2012, 11:09:12 AM »
Also all your liberal and left wing food advice makes me sick.?  You are not helping anyone.?  Please leave.

Kindly erase your account and stop posting please.  Thanks!

Jackburton

« Reply #39 on: May 26, 2012, 03:59:06 AM »
So...
I guess I win?  Typical.  Sometimes victory is almost not fun.  But at the end of the day.  It is.  Still.  Very fun.  Much better than. Losing.  At the very least.  Suckers.  I am now going to bask it my glory before passing out.  Hey shitbirds -I love you all.

ThomasGonzalez

• Rep: 0
« Reply #40 on: June 04, 2013, 02:36:37 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Damn that guy is hilarious all his videos are pure gold, the guy does beatbox, rides casterboards(?), and wears a golf glove while skating! Also he has 18 sponsors:

Struggle Skateboard
Powerbar
Power Balance
Snuggbuds
Peter Grimm Headwear
Driscolls
Filtrate Eyewear
Gripgum
S-One Helmets
Taildevil
Game On
Khiro
6 Starz Clothing
Street Surfing
Airspeed Footwear
Question Supplies
Purity Organic

!!!!

I noticed the messageboard forum said fake pros but this dude Ruben najera has so many sponsors and companies backing him + he actually skates that I dont see how anyone puts him in the fake pros category. i remember reading an interview on him about his brand struggle and reading on how he turned down hundreds of thousands of dollars from Zumiez to carry his product because it was to corporate and he didnt want his brand to end up that way . his skateboard brand has been around for 8 years now and he never sold that out so i have respect for him for sure plus hes pro because all those damn companies pay him he makes fucking crazy money i seen him on boxes in target and shit its crazy. the only difference between an am and a pro to begin with is the money. Once they start paying you the way they do to this guy your PRO, no question about it.  im not a fan but if you guys think hes a fake pro then what the fuck is real hahaha. Hes making more than i or any of you ever will and he still didnt sell out his own brand . in all honesty dudes like jamie thomas, steve berra , and so on so forth are more sellouts than this guy. they are just milking shit.  also i watched the video you guys posted and he did a fucking 720 double flip and a double 360 flip to fucking manual? Since when was that sucking? shit man id like to see you guys even just do a perfect 360 flip manual . i sure cant.  This dudes at least real . Lil Wayne is Not!

Jejenhausen

• Rep: -72
  • This is good news
« Reply #41 on: June 04, 2013, 03:50:30 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Struggle Skateboard
Powerbar
Power Balance
Snuggbuds
Peter Grimm Headwear
Driscolls
Filtrate Eyewear
Gripgum
S-One Helmets
Taildevil
Game On
Khiro
6 Starz Clothing
Street Surfing
Airspeed Footwear
Question Supplies
Purity Organic

!!!!
[close]

I noticed the messageboard forum said fake pros but this dude Ruben najera has so many sponsors and companies backing him + he actually skates that I dont see how anyone puts him in the fake pros category. i remember reading an interview on him about his brand struggle and reading on how he turned down hundreds of thousands of dollars from Zumiez to carry his product because it was to corporate and he didnt want his brand to end up that way . his skateboard brand has been around for 8 years now and he never sold that out so i have respect for him for sure plus hes pro because all those damn companies pay him he makes fucking crazy money i seen him on boxes in target and shit its crazy. the only difference between an am and a pro to begin with is the money. Once they start paying you the way they do to this guy your PRO, no question about it.  im not a fan but if you guys think hes a fake pro then what the fuck is real hahaha. Hes making more than i or any of you ever will and he still didnt sell out his own brand . in all honesty dudes like jamie thomas, steve berra , and so on so forth are more sellouts than this guy. they are just milking shit.  also i watched the video you guys posted and he did a fucking 720 double flip and a double 360 flip to fucking manual? Since when was that sucking? shit man id like to see you guys even just do a perfect 360 flip manual . i sure cant.  This dudes at least real . Lil Wayne is Not!

He didnt sell out so much that he ended up on boxes in target.

As for cheap pasta eats and also relating to the cream sauce. I've found it easy enough to spend abit more initially and cook up a huge amount of something and freeze it. I'm thinking mostly of making a good lasagne. Still your cheap basic pasta essentially but fancy and interesting enough to stay interesting for a few days. It freezes in bricks and reheats perfectly later. Also much better than straight up spaghetti to serve to any house guests you may have. I cook a modified version of this recipe. It's boss.

http://www.taste.com.au/recipes/7053/our+favourite+lasagne

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #42 on: June 04, 2013, 04:30:27 AM »
Hey guys I'm on a budget and making pasta for like the millionth time, and it's getting monotonous.

Adding some hot sauce this time, which will make it a bit better.

Anyone got other ideas about how to spice up my relationship w/ pasta a bit?
Have you tried eating it outside or "al fresco" as the Italians say? I think everything tastes different when eaten in a new environment. You could try your garden if you have one or maybe a more public space like a park. You might even make some new friends.

Beeda Weeda

« Reply #43 on: June 04, 2013, 05:18:00 AM »
The Doug, aka Doug Brown had a stint with struggle skateboards, tbone as well?

doublesteveburger

« Reply #44 on: June 04, 2013, 09:32:18 AM »
I fully understand the hate towards Ruben Najera (Diego's brother, he had a part come out in May where he nollie hardflipped santa monica three set and double three-flipped Hollywood twelve) but the dude is a nice guy who gives back to his community any way he can. El Centro is essentially a shit hole (besides my hometown an hour away). Almost all of the stuff he does is rather corny but I will not hate on the fact that the dude is happy doing something he loves to do, he just did it on his terms and happened to succeed doing so.

raunchyrick

• Rep: 36
« Reply #45 on: June 04, 2013, 10:38:09 AM »
HOW has nobody mentioned that William Patrick guy from the ALMOST video?!  :D

seamoose

• Rep: 12
« Reply #46 on: June 04, 2013, 10:46:28 AM »

wow that kinda blew my mind, never heard of this dude. Rad

johnnymousedoom

• Rep: -21
  • skateBOARd
« Reply #47 on: June 04, 2013, 11:06:26 AM »
I like putting tofu and curry on my pasta.
I skateboard, fuck da poleeeeece

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3329
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #48 on: June 04, 2013, 11:11:35 AM »
That trick tip video did two things for me:

1) Taught me something

2) Gave me a boner

ThomasGonzalez

• Rep: 0
« Reply #49 on: June 04, 2013, 12:39:17 PM »
William Patrick is actually Tyrone Olson it says in the credits of the almost video and yea that dude skated for Struggle I remember a homie of mine had one of his boards here in Wisconsin and that Doug brown guy said he was with them but it turned out his stint wasn't real just like the rest of his career. He was never actually on that company ever dude can't even land a real flip trick everything is boneless bullshit.  And as for true fake pros to me guys like Jason lee and Steve Olson are fake pros those guys have their names on boards and they don't Even actually skate everyday like the guys you all hate on.  That's a fake pro in my opinion . Plus on the talk of corporate shit and selling out I bet more than half of all you shit talkers are wearing or have owned a pair of Nike Sb or Adidas ! Hahaha your all fucked really !

AssBandit

• Rep: 60
  • trip ouuuuttt brooooo...
« Reply #50 on: June 04, 2013, 01:32:01 PM »
Doug Brown? 

Probably A Robot

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 63
  • dancing about architecture
« Reply #51 on: June 04, 2013, 04:10:34 PM »
all your liberal and left wing food advice makes me sick.
This is the funniest thing I've read in awhile.
"I'm regular, but I identify as switch backside."

dillanharp

« Reply #52 on: June 04, 2013, 04:28:30 PM »
Hot sauce goes a long way with noodles. I'm more of a ramen than spaghetti guy, so i'll drop an egg in there, scallions, etc, pretend it's pho.  Trader Joes has pre cooked shrimp, pretty cheap for a bag, just toss a few in there as well.

Mixing chili (or chili beans) with mac and cheese is pretty good, and cheap. And if you're vegetarian you can get the veggie chili and it's all the same. If you've ever been in the military I know you have love for chilimac.

D. Bag

« Reply #53 on: June 04, 2013, 11:00:55 PM »
Snuggbuds

I don't even wanna know what the fuck that is.

stephendedalus

• Rep: 58
« Reply #54 on: June 04, 2013, 11:30:07 PM »
Goddamn, a year down the road and slap is still giving me ace pasta tips.

You guys are the best.