Author Topic: Any Snowboarders Out There  (Read 1540 times)

malibu hamish

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -11
Any Snowboarders Out There
« on: June 06, 2012, 08:52:11 PM »
I know most of the skate community frowns upon snowboarding, but fuck even Cardiel was pro in snowboarding. Just wondering if any of you guys snowboard, if so where? whats your set-up? ect...

Banjo Kazooie

Re: Any Snowboarders Out There
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2012, 09:17:26 PM »
I love it.  I've only been twice in the past couple years, using rental gear..  But it's almost like rediscovering skateboarding for me.  Just trying to bomb the hill without slowing down or wiping out too much.  If I can get my money right before I'm old I plan to do lots more of it.  I enjoy watching those crazy fuckers like the x games real snow contestants.. but I doubt I'll personally get into crazy tricks and obstacles, aside from catching a bit of air.

pointandclick

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 245
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2012, 09:54:15 PM »
I've been snowboarding as long as I've been skating. 13 years. in calgary, canada come winter you better be snowboarding or you'll just be bitching about how cold and snowy it is. too few indoor spots to skate. when i started skating it wasn't a bad thing to snowboard. i was alway better at snowboarding than skating until the last few years. if need be i can post some snowboard videos of my self and friends.

i was riding some ride product last year, the shop i work at helps hook up full time employees. i had the ride arcade 154, with ride rodeo bindings, and 32 tm2 boots.

some how I've broken 7+ snowboards, only broken 3 or 4 skateboards (with out focusing them).
usually ride 40-60 days a season, including jibbing and the local hill in the city. most I've done in a season was 94 days.

malibu hamish

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2012, 10:16:54 PM »
dude, post your videos. we always bring a camera when we ride but nothing ever gets made of it. I wish i could find a siock crew of kids to ride with but colorado is filled with a bunch of kooks

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2012, 10:33:45 PM »
the illusion the illusion. Jacking a dude's real name is weird.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

malibu hamish

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2012, 10:36:03 PM »
the illusion the illusion. Jacking a dude's real name is weird.
ya real weird Ronald Reagan

kilgore.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 313
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2012, 02:45:16 AM »
*pages ahlee*
No holds barred, til labias say "free us"
then its straight to your kids' school, wine coolers in the Prius

busey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1284
  • i can't it's a geo!
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2012, 07:36:53 AM »
snowboarding can be fun. snowboarders are the fucking worst though.
I rolled my ankle jacking off on a ladder.

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 996
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2012, 08:06:47 AM »
but fuck even Cardiel
I got back to the mountain this year for the first few times in almost a decade. It was fun, but dearest busey is right. I couldn't say "bro"  enough times in a sentence to fit in with the in-crowd. It was still fun to crash into things though.

Seamus_McShamebag

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 855
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2012, 09:35:58 AM »
Having lived at the foot of the Rocky Mountains for over a decade and deflected pressure to try snowboarding because of the whole "fuck that, I skate and snowboarders are a bunch of fucking rich, trust funder, douche bag kooks" attitude I finally broke down this season and tried it out.  I am glad I did.  The first day blew ass because the initial fundamentals are a lot different.  Don't get discouraged though because once you get that down the balance and flow from skating clicks and you'll have a good time.

My advice to anybody holding out on snowboarding is to just try it out.  With a ton of outdoor concrete but no indoor parks where I live, if it's dumping snow then my options are limited anyways so it's not like there is a big trade off. 

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -717
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2012, 11:10:35 AM »
Sorry. The thought of being stuck to the fucking thing gives me panic.

brianwilson

• Rep: -35
    • Flickr avatar image
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2012, 01:10:36 PM »
Falling off the chairlift.

Snowboarders are jocks and bro's.

Riverside

• Rep: -33
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2012, 01:13:47 PM »
snowboarding can be fun. snowboarders are the fucking worst though.
so true

btw. danny way was also a pro on a snowboard company
Sooner or later the Karma always end in your fucking face

Pike St

« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2012, 06:17:04 PM »
dude, post your videos. we always bring a camera when we ride but nothing ever gets made of it. I wish i could find a siock crew of kids to ride with but colorado is filled with a bunch of kooks

Fairy Boy

• Rep: 6
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2012, 08:39:32 PM »
Ive been snowboarding for 8-10 years, shits way fun. Southeast michigan where I grew up is awful, but I was in the UP for school the last 4 years and there was a lot more snow but the hills werent much bigger.

Yuuuuup. Ive gotten the summit pass the last 2 seasons, been 5 times for a total of maybe 30 days at Key/Breck/A-Basin. I love keystone but yeah snowboarders on average are the worst. But some are rad, there was this freakishly tall dude with dreads who was way good, best dude to watch on the lift ride up. handplants and nollies n shit.

I'm no good but its nice to be able to do a hell of a lot more than I can on a skateboard. I might never learn nollie backtails on a skateboard, or even backtails, but i can do some shitty ones snowboarding and its super fun. I also know a lot more snowboarders, especially in UP where there's so few skaters and fewer spots. Going to the local hill on a sunny day is a fucking party, training each other through the park 20 deep, shotgunning beers between runs.

I ride a rome artifact rocker 144, union contacts and thirty two grenier boots. Stance all the way in and super detuned edges so it feels a lot more like skating. Terrible for jumps and ice but real fun for park, powder, and hunting for natural tranny.
She takes it in the butt a lot now though so I suppose everything worked out.

malibu hamish

« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2012, 10:37:41 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

thats the not even snowboarding thats a fucking red bull commercial
i dont know how to imbed videos but heres a real snowboard clip ( in my opinion)

Pike St

« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2012, 11:07:47 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

thats the not even snowboarding thats a fucking red bull commercial
i dont know how to imbed videos but heres a real snowboard clip ( in my opinion)

Word.