Author Topic: Dreams  (Read 2032 times)

Citizen on Patron

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -11
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Dreams
« on: June 01, 2012, 03:55:25 AM »
Feel free to share anything and everything that pertains to dreams.

Why do we Dream - BBC Horizon

Why Do We Dream?

I had a dream I was crucified last night.

Anyone ever had a lucid dream?

« Last Edit: June 01, 2012, 06:57:29 AM by Citizen on Patron »

chockfullofthat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 176
Re: Dreams
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2012, 06:12:04 AM »
tl;dr

The Donger

• Rep: -63
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2012, 10:34:03 AM »
I have had a lucid reoccuring dream for several years where i watch people getting hit and killed by trains.

Paper Crane

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 115
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2012, 10:43:06 AM »
so i know this movie came out a long time ago, but did freddy win or did jason win?

chockfullofthat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 176
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2012, 11:00:37 AM »
so i know this movie came out a long time ago, but did freddy win or did jason win?

They probably both won or both lost.  You haven't developed the ability to predict Hollywood by now? ;)

-edit turns out I was wrong.  Jason wins.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2012, 11:02:36 AM by chockfullofthat »

Seamus_McShamebag

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 855
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2012, 05:57:04 PM »

landCow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 91
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2012, 10:55:12 PM »
i have more dreams about zombies than should be normal.

i have a lot of dreams based around movies. my subconscious is a damn fine film director.

GarglesCmen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 39
  • Hey, Nice Ass

HOUSTON, TEXAS!

Citizen on Patron

« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2012, 12:53:07 AM »

Seamus_McShamebag

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 855
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2012, 07:58:09 AM »

Did you dream of this or something?

That's funny.  When I posted it I thought to myself "Somebody is probably going to think I sit around dreaming about high tech rubber dongs".  Unfortunately, I am a simple man and my REM cycles aren't that interesting.  Truth is I saw "Dreams" as the topic of your thread, did a Google search for wet dreams and nocturnal emissions and the "Dream Maker Nocturnal Emission" reared it's rotating head.  Don't thank me, thank Google and their all knowing search engine logarithm.

Citizen on Patron

« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2012, 04:00:27 PM »
Expand Quote

Did you dream of this or something?
[close]

That's funny.  When I posted it I thought to myself "Somebody is probably going to think I sit around dreaming about high tech rubber dongs".  Unfortunately, I am a simple man and my REM cycles aren't that interesting.  Truth is I saw "Dreams" as the topic of your thread, did a Google search for wet dreams and nocturnal emissions and the "Dream Maker Nocturnal Emission" reared it's rotating head.  Don't thank me, thank Google and their all knowing search engine logarithm.

Haha.. Nocturnal Emissions.

I keep having this dream of being in real life that I just do normal shit I would normally do. I walk around the house eat stuff, surf the web, read a book and then go to sleep. Then I wake up where I fell asleep... If that makes sense haha. It's tripping me balls

sexualhelon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 19
  • I'm an ardent supporter of futile causes.
    • Lurkaround avatar image
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2012, 04:08:06 PM »
Martin Luther King had a dream...

But seriously, hypothetical nocturnal emission scenario: In your dream you're banging the hottest chick from behind and then she rolls over - it's a shemale. You then wake up to jizz in your pj's. How does that make you feel? Is it then a wet nightmare?

realbasedgod112

• Rep: 80
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2022, 05:44:11 PM »
reviving a super dead thread for lack of a more live one
i almost constantly have dreams about running from something, and kind of floating/falling as i run. also cigarettes are a recurring theme. can any dream gurus inform me about any symbolism there?
y’all not fuckin with what i’m fuckin with

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 854
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2022, 08:31:57 PM »
Talking about dreams is sketchy cos people think they mean something but I've had the same dreams for like 30+ years just different variations. So normally I'll be walking and I'll see like a lion, wolf, chimpanzee, raptor, crazy person and I'll be like ahh ok that sucks and just keep walking then I'll see another and then another and then there's hundreds and I'm fucked. Most common variation is I'm near a river or something and it's with crocodiles so I'm just stuck on what looks like an African/north Aus river bed. I don't believe there's any special meaning behind this shit tho it's just from watching zombie movies roar etc and seeing lions and shit when I was a little kidthen something probably reminded me of it before I went to sleep.

DaleSr

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1444
« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2022, 08:55:06 AM »
I had a dream me and my 8th grade crush were together as adults the other day. Weird when your brain excavates some long forgotten sentiment deep in your subconscious

Síota

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 759
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2022, 09:11:28 AM »
I constantly have dreams where my cat can talk, and she is always complaining. She is loud and very talkative in real life, probably better I can't understand her.

Deputy Wendell

« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2022, 10:27:20 AM »

Deputy Wendell

« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2022, 10:36:43 AM »

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1117
« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2022, 11:02:13 AM »
I was laid off and subsequently unemployed for longer than I would have liked. Back in February, when I had been talking to to an endless number of recruiters and applying to no avail for every job that vaguely matched my qualifications, I had a series of recurring dreams, three nights in a row, where I was back working at old. In one of them, they had installed cameras in the bathroom (this place had some private bathrooms that obviously doubled as relaxation and crying chambers). Each night, I woke up at ~2:00 AM, as if awakened from a nightmare.

I'm no Freudian, but I think it's pretty obvious that I was deeply afraid of sliding backwards in my career. Fortunately, I got a job which is an improvement over everything and they love me and I have my career back on track. No bad dreams since then, but I did develop an intense tension headache in the days between when I got a verbal offer and the time which the paperwork arrived for me to sign.
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

Síota

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 759
« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2022, 11:34:06 AM »
I was laid off and subsequently unemployed for longer than I would have liked. Back in February, when I had been talking to to an endless number of recruiters and applying to no avail for every job that vaguely matched my qualifications, I had a series of recurring dreams, three nights in a row, where I was back working at old. In one of them, they had installed cameras in the bathroom (this place had some private bathrooms that obviously doubled as relaxation and crying chambers). Each night, I woke up at ~2:00 AM, as if awakened from a nightmare.

I'm no Freudian, but I think it's pretty obvious that I was deeply afraid of sliding backwards in my career. Fortunately, I got a job which is an improvement over everything and they love me and I have my career back on track. No bad dreams since then, but I did develop an intense tension headache in the days between when I got a verbal offer and the time which the paperwork arrived for me to sign.

I sometimes have nightmares of working in kitchens where everything went to shit. Work dreams are the worst. I haven't worked in a kitchen since 2010. But I don't classify them as dreams just fucking nightmares. Glad you got back on track.

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1444
« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2022, 12:33:47 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I sometimes have nightmares of working in kitchens where everything went to shit. Work dreams are the worst. I haven't worked in a kitchen since 2010. But I don't classify them as dreams just fucking nightmares. Glad you got back on track.

I've also had nightmares where I'm working at sonic again

Deputy Wendell

« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2022, 01:25:36 PM »
i'm fortunate, i don't really have many nightmares...or any really (knock on wood)...i do have a reoccurring dream where i am rollerskating, and doing so really well...

Mark Renton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 288
  • Choose life.
« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2022, 01:53:59 PM »
video tape yourself saving monks. dont just do it. make sure its caught on film.

JANUS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 557
« Reply #23 on: May 31, 2022, 02:03:24 PM »
Ah, you know, having unusual hair styles, removing my pants and finding surprising genitals, dead friends and relatives showing up then turning to dust, coughing out all my teeth, normal stuff.
If you can't handle me at my Marc Johnson, you don't deserve me at my Bobby Puleo.

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 692
« Reply #24 on: May 31, 2022, 02:23:59 PM »
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 647
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #25 on: June 01, 2022, 12:03:33 AM »

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

skate_or_dingus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 265
« Reply #26 on: June 01, 2022, 01:23:43 AM »

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1568
« Reply #27 on: June 01, 2022, 02:45:09 AM »

Didn't you mean algorithm?

I can never seem to remember my dreams unless I wake up in the middle of them, usually when it's a nightmare, but that's common since technically we do dream every night. Then memory of all the detail dilutes in minutes unless I write it down somewhere and I'm just left with the aftertaste as my base mood that day, again common stuff. Funnily enough all my skate dreams are the ones I remember in great detail sometimes decades later, but they're exceptional.

My dream world feels like it's compartmented into different dimensions that I keep returning to, too. As in regardless of how original the dream feels in the moment, there's always going to be this point of it where things will start feeling oddly familiar and I will recognize the patterns and think to myself 'oh, I'm in this one established dimension again', so there's consistency in what I could probably structure into a half dozen or maybe dozen of dimensions. Maybe I should start writing down the codes that are specific to each and start studying them more like that.

When I was a little kid though (pre age 6) I hated going to sleep because it was a guarantee to slip into the same nightmare dimension every time. Since I was so young, the dream world basically consisted in nothing but my parents' flat, I would explore it like normal then suddenly it would undergo a brutal switch in moods with power going off, fire in this or that room and very frequently blood writings on the wall, sometimes I'd be chased by my own shadow or familiar objects turned sentient. Key turning point was when I realized I was actually getting so sick of this, I basically told myself to just be strong, and so instead of enduring the situations in my dreams I embraced the idea that since this was going on in my brain, I actually was in safe, full control of the imagery it was generating, and thus started fighting or even provoking the scary stuff in my dreams. Mocking the monsters, charging or chasing them myself, calling for them as soon as I'd realize I was in dream world. I all extinguished them in no time one by one and it felt like growing up. Learned a bunch of ways to making sure of whether or not I was in a dream too, such as trying to read complex signs or trying to feel light pain, and also how to wake up on command (which turned out to be very helpful later on when I started occasionally dealing with light sleep paralysis, at least to realize what's going on and not to panic).

Ah and the most reoccurring dream pattern I have these days usually comes down to me being stranded in some varying place far, far away from 'home' with no practical possibility of coming back.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2022, 02:52:50 AM by silhouette »

in love w/ fs shuvs

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 110
« Reply #28 on: September 18, 2022, 01:56:05 AM »
Just dreamt i was fucking up this transition yesterday. Best feeling ever.

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 647
« Reply #29 on: September 18, 2022, 10:07:35 AM »

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?