Author Topic: Real Street 2012  (Read 22382 times)

shouldn't

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 74
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Real Street 2012
« Reply #150 on: June 13, 2012, 01:33:41 PM »
i voted for the people that deserved to win, not just who i liked. my bad.

imagine fucking the dog shit outta chris roberts

TheFifthColumn

• Rep: -113
« Reply #151 on: June 13, 2012, 07:47:30 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Round 2 is up Fred Gall lost by a large margin  :( :( :( :( :(
[close]

WHAT THE FUCK, SLAP?? I THOUGHT WE WERE DOING THIS.
[close]

Are you really all that surprised? 

I thought Fred's part was impressive, but his competition's footage was jaws dropping.

The Ghost of Lenny Kirk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -146
« Reply #152 on: June 14, 2012, 04:44:58 AM »

Brick

• Rep: -1
« Reply #153 on: June 14, 2012, 07:27:10 AM »

weregoingunion

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #154 on: June 14, 2012, 10:47:47 AM »
these bobby worrest promos are pretty funny.

Bobby Worrest What is the truth?
r.i.p. bubblegum tate
LOAF FOREVER <3

thunderwood

• Rep: -18
« Reply #155 on: June 14, 2012, 07:55:57 PM »
Can't believe Haslam is beating Nyjah right now.  Looks like all of the vote Bobby stuff is working too because he is crushing Jaws at the moment.

DaSk8D00D

« Reply #156 on: June 14, 2012, 08:30:53 PM »

Gomez

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -441
« Reply #157 on: June 14, 2012, 10:48:57 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I call shenanigans on this contest.
[close]

It's called reality.  I doubt a majority of the espn demographic will appreciate the likes of pepper or gall.  Not saying Jaws or Nyjah aren't good, but their skating is way easier to understand the difficulty of for casual viewers
[close]
hahaha that's cause jaws and nyjah were doing harder tricks. please tell me you aren't really claiming that being a heavy skate video viewer made you see gall's tricks as worthy of beating jaws?  absolutely nobody sat down and watched both videos and voted objectively for gall.
[close]

In terms of difficulty, no.  I guess I shouldn't be thinking like this considering this IS the xgames (a competition), but when did we ever judge skate parts objectively?  I don't see what makes this competition that much different from regular xgames if we're going to end up judging it the same way.  Obviously I would think that Jaws and Nyjah should win regular xgames comps over Gall or Pepper (assuming they do harder tricks), but this isn't the same shit.
[close]
that's funny because that's actually exactly what i did. i enjoy watching the skating of everyone who is in the contest (besides gall), so i voted objectively to reach a decision. nyjah is the exception since he doesn't need to win. but i hear they're both pieces of shit so i voted for nyjah anyway. i guess that's just me, whatever. and i intentionally didn't bring up pepper because i definitely believe you could vote objectively and pick him.
[close]

People voted for Gall because they liked his part.  Not "objectively" because the tricks don't always have to be hard for us to enjoy a skate part.  Nyjah can win all the skate comps if he wants, but if I don't like his skate part, I don't have to vote for it.  Isn't that what this "real street" shit is about?  

By the way, I have zero qualms about you not liking Gall, just don't expect everyone to enjoy skate parts only when they're pushing the envelope.  Some of us like skate parts "just because," and I think that's okay in skateboarding, no?
i really don't give a fuck who anyone votes for. BUT i was seeing shit like "vote for fred gall, save street skateboarding" and other bullshit like that when the dude did not deserve to win it with the footage he put forth. his origins part was definitely better than that, so it's not like he was really putting in his best effort. jaws on the other hand pretty much risked his future in skating with most of those tricks, and whether you like that type of skating or not, you gotta appreciate someone going all in like that.

yes it's real street, but it's still a fucking competition. so if you're gonna vote for fred gall cause you enjoy his skating more, do it. but don't promote it like it's the right choice to make. if this was just a "skateboarding's favorite skater" award, they wouldn't have included unused footage. i don't remember if you were necessarily one of the ones promoting gall like that, and again, i don't really care that people voted for him, i'm just saying don't try to pass it off like it was the logical decision to make.

chockfullofthat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 176
« Reply #158 on: June 15, 2012, 06:07:59 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I call shenanigans on this contest.
[close]

It's called reality. ? I doubt a majority of the espn demographic will appreciate the likes of pepper or gall. ? Not saying Jaws or Nyjah aren't good, but their skating is way easier to understand the difficulty of for casual viewers
[close]
hahaha that's cause jaws and nyjah were doing harder tricks. please tell me you aren't really claiming that being a heavy skate video viewer made you see gall's tricks as worthy of beating jaws? ? absolutely nobody sat down and watched both videos and voted objectively for gall.
[close]

In terms of difficulty, no. ? I guess I shouldn't be thinking like this considering this IS the xgames (a competition), but when did we ever judge skate parts objectively? ? I don't see what makes this competition that much different from regular xgames if we're going to end up judging it the same way. ? Obviously I would think that Jaws and Nyjah should win regular xgames comps over Gall or Pepper (assuming they do harder tricks), but this isn't the same shit.
[close]
that's funny because that's actually exactly what i did. i enjoy watching the skating of everyone who is in the contest (besides gall), so i voted objectively to reach a decision. nyjah is the exception since he doesn't need to win. but i hear they're both pieces of shit so i voted for nyjah anyway. i guess that's just me, whatever. and i intentionally didn't bring up pepper because i definitely believe you could vote objectively and pick him.
[close]

People voted for Gall because they liked his part. ? Not "objectively" because the tricks don't always have to be hard for us to enjoy a skate part. ? Nyjah can win all the skate comps if he wants, but if I don't like his skate part, I don't have to vote for it. ? Isn't that what this "real street" shit is about? ? 

By the way, I have zero qualms about you not liking Gall, just don't expect everyone to enjoy skate parts only when they're pushing the envelope. ? Some of us like skate parts "just because," and I think that's okay in skateboarding, no?
[close]
i really don't give a fuck who anyone votes for. BUT i was seeing shit like "vote for fred gall, save street skateboarding" and other bullshit like that when the dude did not deserve to win it with the footage he put forth. his origins part was definitely better than that, so it's not like he was really putting in his best effort. jaws on the other hand pretty much risked his future in skating with most of those tricks, and whether you like that type of skating or not, you gotta appreciate someone going all in like that.

yes it's real street, but it's still a fucking competition. so if you're gonna vote for fred gall cause you enjoy his skating more, do it. but don't promote it like it's the right choice to make. if this was just a "skateboarding's favorite skater" award, they wouldn't have included unused footage. i don't remember if you were necessarily one of the ones promoting gall like that, and again, i don't really care that people voted for him, i'm just saying don't try to pass it off like it was the logical decision to make.

Whoa, bro.  That thread was obviously tongue in cheek.  You really take this Real Street business seriouisly. 

Gomez

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #159 on: June 15, 2012, 09:23:46 AM »
haha save that argument for the people being surprised/upset that fred gall didn't make it through. i haven't been back to the site since i voted the first round, i can't be bothered with that shitty flash website. funny cause the people being suprised/upset at him not making it are also the reason why i don't believe that thread was tongue in cheek.

ttching!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 65214
  • Smilin' Mercenary
« Reply #160 on: June 15, 2012, 10:07:10 AM »

I'm going to start referring to Bobby as 'The Truth' from now on.

Beer Keg Peg Leg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -35
« Reply #161 on: June 15, 2012, 12:15:41 PM »
bobby is the truth, gomez is a faggot.

Gomez

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #162 on: June 15, 2012, 05:08:56 PM »
bobby is the truth, gomez is a faggot.
you're mad

chockfullofthat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 176
« Reply #163 on: June 19, 2012, 08:16:52 AM »
Bobby is trailing now.  45K votes!!??  The next closest tally got 13K.  I smell foul play.

Murdercapital

• Rep: -22
« Reply #164 on: June 19, 2012, 09:46:11 AM »
Bobby is trailing now.  45K votes!!??  The next closest tally got 13K.  I smell foul play.

http://birdhouseskateboards.com/site/?p=1449

...not to mention T Hawk tweeting to his 3 Million followers repeatedly

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #165 on: June 19, 2012, 10:04:13 AM »
I'm just psyched that Nyjah's trailing. His footage was fucked, but I'd rather see the money go towards someone who's not already rich.
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

tobey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
« Reply #166 on: June 19, 2012, 03:19:12 PM »
what the fuck.... bobby lost and so did tim tim, im glad haslam beat nyjah though

GarglesCmen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 39
  • Hey, Nice Ass
« Reply #167 on: June 19, 2012, 04:02:28 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

HOUSTON, TEXAS!

via

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 239

TheFifthColumn

• Rep: -113
« Reply #169 on: June 19, 2012, 04:34:08 PM »
Did anyone else notice that - between the first and second rounds - the point spread between votes on particular skaters had decreased?

In the first round the spread averaged to 24.5 points, in the second it averaged to only 10.5.  I'm guessing it's because the same number of people are voting for a decreasing number of contestants.

TMKF

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -485
« Reply #170 on: June 19, 2012, 04:48:13 PM »
The only 3 people who deserved to win were Nyjah, Tim Tim and Bobby and they aren't even in the final 4....this is fucking regular.

kracked

• Rep: -11
« Reply #171 on: June 19, 2012, 04:59:00 PM »
The only 3 people who deserved to win were Nyjah, Tim Tim and Bobby and they aren't even in the final 4....this is fucking regular.
Jaws doesn't deserve to win? I'm pretty sure he put in the most work out of everyone else besides maybe Nyjah. He just put out his A Happy Medium 2 part last year and pretty much has been filming for Real Street since then. Most of these just used old footage which is fine. It's just that Jaws went all out specifically for this part. Also, I'm not sure if everyone realizes this or not but there could be 2 winners. There's the people's choice which is what everyone is voting for everyday and then there's the Real Street contest which is judged by actual judges. So, someone may win the Real Street contest and the Fan Favorite and walk away with $100,000.

Joust Ostrich

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 664
  • Speculatnaciousness?
« Reply #172 on: June 19, 2012, 05:18:47 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Jaws doesn't deserve to win? I'm pretty sure he put in the most work out of everyone else besides maybe Nyjah. He just put out his A Happy Medium 2 part last year and pretty much has been filming for Real Street since then. Most of these just used old footage which is fine. It's just that Jaws went all out specifically for this part. Also, I'm not sure if everyone realizes this or not but there could be 2 winners. There's the people's choice which is what everyone is voting for everyday and then there's the Real Street contest which is judged by actual judges. So, someone may win the Real Street contest and the Fan Favorite and walk away with $100,000.

I laughed at sentences 1,2, and 5 onward.  Oh and parts of 3 and 4.
I'm posting from my blackberry wtf?!?!?

shouldn't

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 74
« Reply #173 on: June 19, 2012, 08:28:41 PM »
jaws is the only one i see winning.

imagine fucking the dog shit outta chris roberts

ttching!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 65214
  • Smilin' Mercenary
« Reply #174 on: June 19, 2012, 08:51:13 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Knock Miami out of the playoffs next year Paul, and we'll discuss changing things back.

TMKF

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -485
« Reply #175 on: June 19, 2012, 09:00:33 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

No.

He doesn't deserve to win because he's not enjoyable to watch skate, maybe some of his tranny stuff like that bs noseblunt in his happy medium 2 part. I think him and his style is way overrated, it doesn't get me psyched at all. In hm2 he shouldn't have had last part(hawkins part was way better) and he should win real street but this is 2012 and there's so many people like you in skateboarding now that he probably will. He seems like a nice enough dude and I'm psyched he does his thing but I don't think it represents street skating. Out of the 4 left provost is the only one who is a decent representation of good street skating. Ideally Tim Tim or Bobby should've won, or Nyjah because his footage was so gnarly.

ice nine

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -308
« Reply #176 on: June 19, 2012, 09:13:21 PM »
I don't get how you're on tim tim's nuts so much but never mention joey pepper?he is still progressing, probably gets paid a hell of a lot less, skates great looking spots and has a unique style. Hope the judges give him the money.
I;m sure i;m not the only dc/monster/subaru type guy here

Gomez

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #177 on: June 19, 2012, 11:35:53 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

No.

He doesn't deserve to win because he's not enjoyable to watch skate, maybe some of his tranny stuff like that bs noseblunt in his happy medium 2 part. I think him and his style is way overrated, it doesn't get me psyched at all. In hm2 he shouldn't have had last part(hawkins part was way better) and he should win real street but this is 2012 and there's so many people like you in skateboarding now that he probably will. He seems like a nice enough dude and I'm psyched he does his thing but I don't think it represents street skating. Out of the 4 left provost is the only one who is a decent representation of good street skating. Ideally Tim Tim or Bobby should've won, or Nyjah because his footage was so gnarly.
oh shit, i guess i was incorrect in enjoying his footage. hahaha it's crazy to think that people like you exist. i hate watching fred gall skate and i'll hate on him whenever i feel it's appropriate, but i'd never say some shit like "he is not enjoyable to watch" as evidence as to why he doesn't deserve to win.

GarglesCmen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 39
  • Hey, Nice Ass
« Reply #178 on: June 19, 2012, 11:57:53 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

Knock Miami out of the playoffs next year Paul, and we'll discuss changing things back.

;D

HOUSTON, TEXAS!

kracked

• Rep: -11
« Reply #179 on: June 20, 2012, 12:53:25 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

No.

You sound like a moron. I'm sure the majority of people enjoyed Jaw's video. Just because you didn't doesn't mean that he doesn't deserve to win. Sure some people may have had better style but their footage was no way up to par as Jaws' was with the exception of Nyjah and possibly a few others. I don't think that you understand that this is a contest. If some rad skater enters a contest and fucks up his run, does he win for just being a cool dude? Nope, the skater with the best skating wins. Jaws pushed his limits and truly put a lot of work into his video part which you can tell just by watching it. A lot of these dudes deserve to win so you saying one of dudes with the gnarliest footage doesn't deserve to win just makes you sound stubborn.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2012, 12:56:19 AM by kracked »