Author Topic: Tim O'Conner off adidas ?  (Read 11054 times)

vegan*shawn

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -416
  • listen to Jawbreaker
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Tim O'Conner off adidas ?
« Reply #30 on: June 20, 2012, 02:56:55 PM »
Just looked up the Chrome Ball interview and he comes off a lot more sincere and down to earth. He has one of the best styles ever, underrated mini ramp champ.

tangar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 64
  • THINK LESS
« Reply #31 on: June 20, 2012, 03:28:11 PM »
darrin lee you fuckin suck. if i could kook you i would, beleedat. you must have a pansy ass sense of humor and were probably offended at some of the jokes he said about shitty skaters. and to say elissa "held her own" with dudes like penny and reynolds just becuase she hung out with them is idiotic. her skill never was and never will be on par with top street skaters like those dudes. and she is probably cool with tim since they have common homies but she could never hold a candle to the skill and style tim has.
Man the long board truck thing killed indy for me. I was willing to set aside the racism, but long boarding, gtfo... - DH

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #32 on: June 20, 2012, 03:42:03 PM »
Elissa doesn't skate anymore. Neither does Tim. You can vilify both, or glorify both. Take your pick.

EDIT: Just saw that you don't think i'm worthy of response. WHY DARRIN, WHY?
« Last Edit: June 20, 2012, 03:46:31 PM by frank gerwer's nose »
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

Wall of Nausea

• Rep: -60
« Reply #33 on: June 20, 2012, 03:53:11 PM »
Tim O'Connor off skateboarding

Max Power

« Reply #34 on: June 20, 2012, 03:55:22 PM »
He has one of the best styles ever, underrated mini ramp champ.

His part in element world tour was always one of my favorite mini ramp parts.

He was pretty entertaining on MTV that time. Lady friend who had me watching thought so too. I'm surprised he's never got another more mainstream gig. I kinda wish Bam had started a CKY board/shoe/clothing company back when and given dudes like Tim, Hockey Temper, and East Coast Power House legend/ambassador status for life.

Comparing Tim O'connor and Elissa Steamer is weird and pointless.  Elissa was able to make a name for herself in a man's world.  She was never as good as the best dudes, IMO, but she is the only female skater I know, period.  There are a lot of dudes good at skating and when Tim was on top of his game he was one of the best, period.  Its apples and oranges.     

EDIT:  I guess that mini footage is actually in third eye view. 
« Last Edit: June 20, 2012, 04:16:37 PM by Max Power »

Borthas

• Rep: -538
« Reply #35 on: June 20, 2012, 04:41:17 PM »
Expand Quote
Good.  He does NOTHING.  The last Adidas tour vid had a bs 180 from him and that's it.

I did love him Eastern Exposure but enough is enough.

Inhabitants was his last part, with Selego, no?  Has he done anything since except be a hater commenting the Tampa Am runs and dissing people on epicly later'd?
[close]

So by your logic, Cardiel shouldn't have a shoe either?  Chocolate and Nike should have axed Gino?

@hate

Your a dumb fuck! i can't believe i read your stupid ass post.

i know you did not just put o'conner in the same category as Cardiel or Gino.

O'conner got bad karma, this is what happens when you spend most your career just hating on people and being a dick. Karma is a bitch!

vegan*shawn

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -416
  • listen to Jawbreaker
« Reply #36 on: June 20, 2012, 04:57:56 PM »
Max Power - He talks in the Chrome Ball interview that he turned down MTV because he didn't want it to get in the way of skating. You should read the interview, it is really fucking good.

tangar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 64
  • THINK LESS
« Reply #37 on: June 20, 2012, 05:07:46 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

He was pretty entertaining on MTV that time. Lady friend who had me watching thought so too. I'm surprised he's never got another more mainstream gig. I kinda wish Bam had started a CKY board/shoe/clothing company back when and given dudes like Tim, Hockey Temper, and East Coast Power House legend/ambassador status for life.

Comparing Tim O'connor and Elissa Steamer is weird and pointless.  Elissa was able to make a name for herself in a man's world.  She was never as good as the best dudes, IMO, but she is the only female skater I know, period.?  There are a lot of dudes good at skating and when Tim was on top of his game he was one of the best, period.  Its apples and oranges.     

EDIT:?  I guess that mini footage is actually in third eye view.? 

i was trying to say this as well. i wasnt trying to take away anything from elissa in case it came out like that. but still, fuck darrin lee.
Man the long board truck thing killed indy for me. I was willing to set aside the racism, but long boarding, gtfo... - DH

RaptorKillah

« Reply #38 on: June 20, 2012, 05:25:58 PM »
Why is everyone hating on O'connor for having a sense of humour? I'd much prefer to hang out with that dude than any of you pious cunts (darrin lee) that don't understand sarcasm.

Have fun having boring, politically correct lives. Fucking losers.

AND the reason you can like Tim O'connor but not Berra is pretty fucking obvious. If I have to explain it to you you should probably stop skateboarding.

Jive Turkey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 93
« Reply #39 on: June 20, 2012, 07:40:14 PM »
To Gerwer's Nose: ? Did you read the fucking so-called "dissertation"? ? Elissa is a pioneer for an entire gender in skateboarding. ? Has numerous contest wins (not that those are the be all end all), widespread cultural representation (THPS), and still held her own among some of the best street skaters in the world during her Warner Ave. days (Drew, Arto, Rowley) while even being a drunken pile. ? If that's not cred. I don't know what is. ? If you are seriously trying to say Tim's contribution is anywhere near on par with Elissa's, you need to lay off the peyote.
You don't like Tim O'conner? Fair enough. That's your opinion and I'm not here to change it. But this^ is simply wrong.
Pioneer? Try Cara Beth Burnside. Elissa got where she is for being basically the only one other than Cara Beth and Jamie Reyes to make a splash. She was good for a girl and that's all fine and dandy, but don't act like she held her own. Nobody would've given a fuck if it were a dude putting out parts like that.
And get the fuck out of here with that bullshit about her being a playable character in THPS being wide spread cultural representation. That's simply marketing to appeal to a wider audience.

Magic Pizza

• Rep: 175
« Reply #40 on: June 20, 2012, 07:43:20 PM »
Disposable Heros

LazyEinstein

• Rep: -138
« Reply #41 on: June 20, 2012, 07:55:55 PM »
He was sponsored for telling bad jokes right?
because canadian skaters have no personality and the only people who will buy the boards are there friends and mom

Tarela

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 11
  • We spent four seasons at the Four Seasons twice
« Reply #42 on: June 20, 2012, 08:20:19 PM »
Tim O' Conner is a funny motherfucker...comes from a long list of Jersey rippers, i don't understand how you guys can single him out as the only Jersey dude with what i wouldn't even call it an attitude problem (seriously if you think he's an asshole kill yourself). he's funny if you don't get his humor that's your problem. He's not even known for that shit the way other jersey dudes like Mike V, Merlino, Puleo..(who are all actually really decent dudes btw) are..And that part he shared with Wenning was sick back in the day straight legendary.

lk130

• Topic and Post Probation
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -829
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #43 on: June 20, 2012, 11:41:27 PM »
he should of just switched to lakai :-\
I need Cariuma -Me

yungxmulaxbaby

trannies and mannies

« Reply #44 on: June 20, 2012, 11:51:24 PM »
If you take Tim O Connor's jokes seriously you are an idiot. 

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #45 on: June 21, 2012, 07:37:27 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Comparing Tim O'connor and Elissa Steamer is weird and pointless.  Elissa was able to make a name for herself in a man's world.  She was never as good as the best dudes, IMO, but she is the only female skater I know, period.  There are a lot of dudes good at skating and when Tim was on top of his game he was one of the best, period.  Its apples and oranges.     

EDIT:  I guess that mini footage is actually in third eye view. 
[close]
Yep, couldn't agree more.  You can thank "Gerwer's Nose" for that little turd of contribution.  [pause for booing]
Thank "Suit Up" for starting the stupid comparison. I wasn't comparing those two, I was just trying to see what logic in your empty head would praise a skateboarder who doesn't skate and frown upon a skateboarder who doesn't skate.

Oh, wait, you don't skateboard. It's all for naught.
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

donnie_murdo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 169
  • All up in your photo !
« Reply #46 on: June 22, 2012, 02:16:17 AM »
Donnie, are you back now? Back to posting on Slap, that is.

Hahahaha, yeah maybe - i forgot how bad the hi-jacking got in here, i should probably post more purely for the entertainment
...can't believe this thread brought Donnie Murdo out of the woodwork!