Author Topic: haircut issues.  (Read 15706 times)

trannies and mannies

Re: haircut issues.
« Reply #30 on: June 20, 2012, 10:19:01 PM »
I always end up going to supercuts because its right across the street from my house, and I always have coupons. Most of the time its some semi-attractive mid 20s girls with huge racks, so its not that bad.

GarglesCmen

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 39
  • Hey, Nice Ass
« Reply #31 on: June 20, 2012, 10:45:07 PM »
I go to the local haircutters. The chicks who work there are hot, Russian and they do a damn good job. The thing I do with haircuts is afterwards I go back to my place, take a shower regardless of if I got shampooed or not and rinse my hair off good and then towel the fuck out of my hair so I can control it instead of it just staying in the same position for like 3 days.

HOUSTON, TEXAS!

pile

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 183
  • sweet, man.
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #32 on: June 20, 2012, 11:12:05 PM »
so, i just came back from the barbershop, equiped with a haircut.
needless to say, what's on my head makes me look like a complete idiot once again.
i know how you say "after 5 days any haircut is a good haircut".

but seriously did any of you guys ever stood up from a barbers chair and felt good about your hairdo and liked it from the first minute?

i never did and probably never will.

i have to admit one time when i was younger i showed the barber a picture of geoff rowley and ended up looking like ashton kutcher.

i recently got past the stage of caring what my hair looks like and now i just shave my own head with a kit i got from the drug store. after years of not getting what i asked for from hairdressers, or having to pay $30-40 for a good cut, i just came to the realization that i don't fucking care anymore. yeah sure, you need a sweet doo if you're into looking somewhat appealing to the opposite sex,  but i've moved to a small town with only washed up alcoholic chain smoking middle aged women, and i'm hat guy anyways so fuck hair. hats fit nicer with a buzz cut i find.

Rockin Robbin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 426
« Reply #33 on: June 20, 2012, 11:42:00 PM »
Just pomade the fuck out of whatever hairstyle you got.
"Bake me a pie of love" - Steve Winwood

onslo

• Rep: -2
« Reply #34 on: June 21, 2012, 01:48:25 AM »
 the other night me and my friends were drunk and giving each other stupid haircuts, i ended up with the sides shaved sort of like a mullet. any ideas how i should get it cut to fix it? i was considering getting it cut into a mohawk or something

nylin

« Reply #35 on: June 21, 2012, 03:33:48 AM »
needless to say, what's on my head makes me look like a complete idiot once again.

but seriously did any of you guys ever stood up from a barbers chair and felt good about your hairdo and liked it from the first minute?

i have to admit one time when i was younger i showed the barber a picture of geoff rowley and ended up looking like ashton kutcher.

haha! I did that same shit right after Sorry came out!

Fairy Boy

• Rep: 6
« Reply #36 on: June 21, 2012, 07:28:43 PM »
Speaking of 'stylists' going to cosmetology school, anyone gotten a cut by girls still in said school?

A couple years ago my friend's cool ex (his only cool ex, come to think of it) was in one, so I would go there. I had way too much hair, and she had no idea what to do with it, so my cuts always took FOREVER, like over an hour, close to 2 one time, and her 'teacher' would have to come fix a bunch of shit at the end. Still worth it for the cheapness (you have to sign something saying you wont tip!) and since i knew her the conversation was nice, unless she asked about my friend.

I'm with you guys on the haircut hating; they always trick me into thinking its fine while im there, then i come home and hate it. It never used to matter since i love hats, but now I gotta let the flow show at my internship. Maybe I'll get one of those team handsome haircuts that are so popular these days. 
She takes it in the butt a lot now though so I suppose everything worked out.

BallDontLie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 678
« Reply #37 on: June 21, 2012, 07:54:41 PM »
Communication is key.... I've been going to the same lady for about a year or 2. It's nice to walk in and not have to explain, she just knows. 8 bucks a pop. I think MexicanSpaniard??? said on here to stick with the person who cuts your hair the best, or you're most comfortable with. Kind of just followed that.
if the mods were wu-tang, dean would be cappadonna

crackrazor

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 85
« Reply #38 on: June 21, 2012, 09:18:37 PM »
My barber wears leather pants and tells me how to cook a turkey properly. He's rad.

pile

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 183
  • sweet, man.
« Reply #39 on: June 21, 2012, 11:20:42 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

haha! I did that same shit right after Sorry came out!

i'm guilty of bringing a photo of austin stephens into the hair dressers..

toque

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 122
    • Portmanteau avatar image
« Reply #40 on: June 22, 2012, 03:38:47 PM »
I started going to this authentic looking baber shop a while ago.  Barber Steve knows whats going on.  After a while we became bros and would even do the awkward bro hug thing after the haircut.  I got lazy and grew it out for quite a while and then went back to get a haircut and afterwards...no bro hug.  Now I'm not sure if we're "cool" or not. 

wheee!

escapistfool

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #41 on: June 23, 2012, 12:12:04 AM »
Someone help me out. I'm having trouble parting my hair on the left side, as my hair naturally parts on the right. I want it on the left side though. Any tips? I'm trying that Don Draper style.

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2548
« Reply #42 on: June 23, 2012, 04:02:09 AM »
Erm, why?
Hosin' out the cab of his pickup truck
He's got his 8-track playin' really fuckin' loud

escapistfool

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #43 on: June 23, 2012, 09:51:14 PM »
Just a change of pace.

Rockin Robbin

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #44 on: June 23, 2012, 11:18:43 PM »
Just find a family run, mexican barber shop (not italian) and get a gangster ass haircut. not that hard.

escapistfool

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #45 on: June 24, 2012, 12:06:38 AM »
I live in California.. Mexican barber shops here would make me look like a cholo.

Rockin Robbin

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #46 on: June 24, 2012, 12:10:40 AM »
I live in California.. Mexican barber shops here would make me look like a cholo.

Well they make me look fly as fuck. I guess just use a shitload of Murrays and go to town on it.

GarglesCmen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 39
  • Hey, Nice Ass
« Reply #47 on: June 24, 2012, 12:20:38 AM »
Just a change of pace.

Lay off your bed so your hair is down and body is down and then take a comb and graze the area you want to part your hair and then fold over your hair to your liking, this works best when wet. If that doesn't work, your hair is resilient and you should probably go somewhere.
I am also not sure if this will work at all.

HOUSTON, TEXAS!

escapistfool

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #48 on: June 24, 2012, 05:22:20 PM »
Expand Quote
Just a change of pace.
[close]

Lay off your bed so your hair is down and body is down and then take a comb and graze the area you want to part your hair and then fold over your hair to your liking, this works best when wet. If that doesn't work, your hair is resilient and you should probably go somewhere.
I'll try it tonight. Thanks boobies

McDuff

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 55
« Reply #49 on: June 24, 2012, 08:56:50 PM »
my mother has been cutting my hair for a while. its nice cause its free and i can yell at her if i dont like it.

pretty sure the last time i paid for a haircut i fell asleep.

Numeral

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -20
« Reply #50 on: June 25, 2012, 01:45:08 AM »
I used to go to this place that was supposed to be really good, I went there because it was conveniently close to my apartment and close to work, it was amazing I pretty much just let whoever was available give me a haircut and it usually was very good one.

I had to move some place else because of work and people over here just have no idea what a decent haircut is, and to top it all off they get mad if I tell 'em how to cut my hair....

when you see people around town sporting a mullet like its no big deal you know you're fucked...

essal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 80
« Reply #51 on: June 25, 2012, 02:49:16 AM »
I haven't paid for a haircut since early 2009.. Cut it as short as possible with a machine once a month.

Mark Renton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 288
  • Choose life.
« Reply #52 on: June 25, 2012, 07:17:47 AM »
I've been having the same haircut in all my teenage..I'm sick of it but it's a good haircut so I don't really know what to do lol
video tape yourself saving monks. dont just do it. make sure its caught on film.

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 158
« Reply #53 on: June 25, 2012, 06:37:13 PM »

when you see people around town sporting a mullet like its no big deal you know you're fucked...
You must have moved to Spain. Or Florida.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

escapistfool

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #54 on: June 25, 2012, 06:47:51 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Or Rural Orange County.

Seamus_McShamebag

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 855
« Reply #55 on: June 26, 2012, 06:59:40 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]
Or Rural Orange County.

There isn't a country in the world more indiscriminate in their adoption of mullets than Germany.  Thanks to soccer the mullet has somehow found a way to adapt and earn acceptance across social classes from the lowest schei?e schaber to the wealthy yuppie arschloch. In my short time there I observed mullets flowing with the same reckless abandon perched atop $2000 dollar pin stripe suits that you would see in the states associated with cut off jean shorts and a Hobie wife beater.  It became clear to me that zee Germans are known for their impeccable machining and engineering and not their influence on the the fashion industry for good reason.  Excluding Br?no of course...

EricLogan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 836
  • the ghost of Turd Ferguson's past
« Reply #56 on: June 26, 2012, 07:44:19 AM »
I go to this barber/tattoo shop near my place where pinup girls mop ur' top. I tell them I want a 2" trim, but want it to look like I haven't had my haircut in a while. They hook it up, and it relieves that "new cut" gestation period.
I rarely venture into classic slap and the one time I do it I find a guy getting his dick eaten by a dolphin.

via

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 239
« Reply #57 on: June 26, 2012, 11:32:58 AM »

$40 investment, free haircuts for life.

escapistfool

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #58 on: June 26, 2012, 10:43:38 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Just a change of pace.
[close]

[close]
I'll try it tonight. Thanks boobies
[close]

It's hard to break a natural part, especially if you have a cowlick at all.  I have a pretty crisp side part going on, but my hair is also cut that way (slightly shorter on the side with the part so it's more conformed to my head).  To get it to stay looking sharp, I take a very small amount of Murrays, after I towel dry my hair and run it through.  Slick my hair back with a comb.  Then I take a good dab of Brylcreem and slick that in as well.  As soon as my hair is slicked back, I just part it.  Done, and looking sharp all day.  It probably takes about 3 minutes after I dry my hair.

I'll try that, HATE. thanks for the tip, man! It really helped.

Rumpleforeskin

« Reply #59 on: June 26, 2012, 11:46:40 PM »
Am I the only one that does this?  Shave head, grow it out long naturally, shave it again, repeat?