Author Topic: ZOO YORK PRESENTS: THE CHAZ ORTIZ VIDEO  (Read 25685 times)

Joe Pesci

Re: ZOO YORK PRESENTS: THE CHAZ ORTIZ VIDEO
« Reply #60 on: July 10, 2012, 09:45:27 PM »
Expand Quote
he can do tricks, but thats about it...
[close]

what the fuck does this even mean?
he has almost no style at all. he also has no sense of trick selection. the tricks just happen and its boring as fuck. not to mention this dude doesnt even skate unless theres money involved

thugnificent

« Reply #61 on: July 10, 2012, 09:59:49 PM »
do you even think about the stupid shit you say? there must have been a lot of money involved to get him to film a free street part, right?

steenz

« Reply #62 on: July 10, 2012, 10:10:58 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
he has almost no style at all. he also has no sense of trick selection. the tricks just happen and its boring as fuck. not to mention this dude doesnt even skate unless theres money involved
you really sound stupid af

dask8d00d

« Reply #63 on: July 10, 2012, 10:11:06 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

you're obviously judging his skating thru a biased opinion. you think you have a reason not like him personally, so whatever he does you're gonna hate on it regardless.

I know he got that lil stigma of bein somewhat of a herb, but most of that's just internet speculation. Some of my friends actually skated/kicked it with him a while back and they said he was cool. as far as im concerned, i have no reason to knock the guy. As for being a contest skater, niggas only use such negative remarks for any or all of 3 reasons

1. Their severely strong opinion on somebody they have never met before manifests itself through weak ass sarcasm & pseudo-funny comments.

2. They are secretly envious that they will never have as much talent on a skateboard

3. They mad cuz they life mediocre as fuck and can't stand the fact that some "asshole" gets more of everything they wish they had.

Don't get mad cuz the young nigga came up financially thru tha skate game!
« Last Edit: July 10, 2012, 10:26:08 PM by DaSk8D00D »

ice nine

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -308
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #64 on: July 10, 2012, 10:43:16 PM »
that was pretty good, he isn't nearly as good as a lot of other dudes right now but whatever.nice 360's.
I;m sure i;m not the only dc/monster/subaru type guy here

Paul Cicero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -295
« Reply #65 on: July 10, 2012, 11:46:11 PM »
that was pretty good, he isn't nearly as good as a lot of other dudes right now but whatever.nice 360's.

Id say hes better than the dudes your talking about.
Its just that you would rather watch footage of other skaters.

I thought that was a sick part. The kids got heaps of game no question.

zoltan

« Reply #66 on: July 11, 2012, 12:00:19 AM »

really liked the tricks that werent really tech like 1:42-1:48 were all really sick. and i had never seen a bs 180 nosegrind flip out until his line at 3:23. i thought that was sick and havent seen him do it

doomstation55

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 886
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • [b]TEAM DOOM MS 2018[/b] avatar image
« Reply #67 on: July 11, 2012, 12:56:04 AM »
Pretty much all been said, but ya surprising and good and I'll definitely watch this one a few times (for the bs 360 down cole taylor alone, damn). But he is not a nice person, at least when I saw him skate as an uppity 13 yr old at warp skatepark snakin dudes so he could do the same trick over and over again. And also, enough with marketing him as from Chicago. The Zoo flag at the end with "NYCHI" on the side just sickens me. But, even with a "robot" style its nice to see him bomb some hills and do tricks real fast as opposed to the calculated approach (most notably the bs 360 off the curb at the end of a line, can't remember what he did before it tho).

Hercules Rockefeller

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -13
  • i`m a double-bacon-genius-burger.
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #68 on: July 11, 2012, 01:31:23 AM »
enough said.

The Ghost of Lenny Kirk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -146
« Reply #69 on: July 11, 2012, 05:13:41 AM »
Expand Quote
No doubt he's good and killed it in this part, I just?  CANT STAND the way Rb Umali filmes and edits, like really? of ALL the music out there you use this played out Kanye song thats already been used a hundred times, all the filming is dog shit, go back to the 90s cause thats the only time you were good, Rb. Steez killed it though not gonna lie on that!
[close]

I personally think he used the wrong Kanye song but a more fitting Chicago MC would have been Common. It'd would have had that more RB feel and made Chaz's part a little better.

Nono. The song really fits who he is his style and trick selection. Its up to date. Nothing mindblowing but its current and looks like what the good pros are doing. So its sellable and no one can really say hes a bad skater. The people around him give him good ideas about what to skate. Congrats on getting paid chaz. Youre the definition of a professional action sports athlete.

Mundungus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 59
  • ∆∆∆
« Reply #70 on: July 11, 2012, 05:19:46 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Don't really get how anyone could like Kanye West
[close]

[close]

I am definitely smoking, and y'all two are so silly..

no thanks

« Reply #71 on: July 11, 2012, 06:17:39 AM »
His skating sucks just as much as he does

chockfullofthat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 176
« Reply #72 on: July 11, 2012, 06:26:47 AM »
Shane O'Neil is the only robot I like.  I'll watch this again later but I started to drift off halfway through the part.  Also, it's annoying how much he reps Chicago with his stupid fucking song choices.

Fuck it.  SOTY!!!

Strike A Pose

• Rep: -613
  • Get slapped!
« Reply #73 on: July 11, 2012, 06:27:52 AM »

marbrosmoke

• Rep: -8
« Reply #74 on: July 11, 2012, 06:42:22 AM »
do you even think about the stupid shit you say? there must have been a lot of money involved to get him to film a free street part, right?

A lot of money? What does that have to do with anything? I know a lot of these ams film better parts than this and they don't get paid at all.

Mommy, Shane O'Neil stole the Butter

• Rep: -34
« Reply #75 on: July 11, 2012, 06:53:28 AM »
Really don't care much for his skating, but god damn is it really that big of a deal that he isn't following the trends that people want? Creativity on here seems to be defined as one upping the next hipster who is just trying way too hard to be different, to the point where it's pretentious and corny. I'm sure he gets just as much enjoyment out of being really fucking good at skating as the hipster who does slappies all day and gets his dick sucked on here.

Solid part, no it isn't original or innovative, but he's good on a skateboard and marketable to that younger crowd. Can't really hate on that, he's bringing in sales for the company which is kind of his job. If it isn't the demographic you are into, quit crying, life isn't fair.

« Last Edit: July 11, 2012, 06:55:56 AM by Mommy, Shane O'Neil stole the Butter »

Mommy, Shane O'Neil stole the Butter

• Rep: -34
« Reply #76 on: July 11, 2012, 07:08:48 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

A lot of money? What does that have to do with anything? I know a lot of these ams film better parts than this and they don't get paid at all.

you are really really dumb, fo real

No shit there are AM's out there filming parts that are more creative and diverse, but are any of them able to compete and hold their own in street league? Just because I ask this does not mean that i particularly enjoy watching contest skaters. You might not like that whole style of consistent dull strategic skateboarding, but you can't deny the fact that it takes a certain type of 'athlete' to handle that kind of pressure and perform. it doesn't matter what YOU like, it's what sells to the masses....and there's always a lot more exposure/money in contests.

ivegotlevitation

« Reply #77 on: July 11, 2012, 07:18:46 AM »
the part seemed really bland and generic to me. I would've much rather seen Reynolds varial heel that big 5 in Atlanta.

alcol

• Rep: 2
« Reply #78 on: July 11, 2012, 07:30:04 AM »
I'm a be on here until niggas start posting about my celebrity-skateboarder lifestyle exploits ala Lil Wayne.

Beer Keg Peg Leg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -35
« Reply #79 on: July 11, 2012, 09:06:50 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

No shit there are AM's out there filming parts that are more creative and diverse, but are any of them able to compete and hold their own in street league? Just because I ask this does not mean that i particularly enjoy watching contest skaters. You might not like that whole style of consistent dull strategic skateboarding, but you can't deny the fact that it takes a certain type of 'athlete' to handle that kind of pressure and perform. it doesn't matter what YOU like, it's what sells to the masses....and there's always a lot more exposure/money in contests.

you honestly think you're gonna fool people into thinking you're not a faggot with that screen name of yours?

Choad Muskrat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 522
« Reply #80 on: July 11, 2012, 09:09:58 AM »
Expand Quote
enough said.

[close]

;D indeed!

Did Felix have those camo cargos medically fused to his legs?

marbrosmoke

• Rep: -8
« Reply #81 on: July 11, 2012, 09:36:53 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

HAHA!

superslopp

« Reply #82 on: July 11, 2012, 11:41:33 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

you honestly think you're gonna fool people into thinking you're not a faggot with that screen name of yours?

glad someone else picked up on that. take that screen name back to skateperception where it belongs.

also

cool skating doe

The Mess

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 103
  • please don't kill me jesse.
« Reply #83 on: July 11, 2012, 11:54:04 AM »

this "free" street part is supposed to justify all the $ he gets paid. so yes, there is money involved.
i have nothing to fear but jesse himself.

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 315
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #84 on: July 11, 2012, 12:16:27 PM »

His new boards. The NYC vs Chicago one is actually kind of cool.
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

Jackburton

« Reply #85 on: July 11, 2012, 02:33:46 PM »
The culture clash here is as brilliant as ever.  Instead of a rumble we get a bunch of cunts, fags, and whores arguing like.. well cunts, fags, and whores. on a message board.  bitches.

(his part was sick, first line-good)
« Last Edit: July 11, 2012, 02:41:11 PM by Jackburton »

chockfullofthat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 176
« Reply #86 on: July 11, 2012, 02:43:56 PM »
shut up you cunt faggot bitch.

jRoy2000

• Rep: 12
« Reply #87 on: July 11, 2012, 04:13:03 PM »
chaz is not from chicago, and has never lived in chicago.

aTribeCalledIncest

• Rep: 0
« Reply #88 on: July 11, 2012, 05:55:05 PM »
The ollie off the curb at 1:09 ruined for me. Also, too much shirt to shoe color coordination going on.

dirty ol man

• Rep: 46
« Reply #89 on: July 11, 2012, 05:56:43 PM »
Part was souless but impressive. Amazes me out how disconnected and misguided zooyork is though. Running banners all over slap after loosing even more credibility here by merking their team. Cant begin to explain how many pasty obese midwestern looking tourists wearing zooyork gear from target rocking clunky white DC's I see in midtown NYC daily. It'll be a fad at this level of mainstream like No Fear. Seriously, fuck them.

Watching that old 411 industry section is bittersweet.