Author Topic: non stretch jeans  (Read 3341 times)

UserFame

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -159
non stretch jeans
« on: February 18, 2017, 04:08:24 PM »
hi everyone,

so, for the last few years I have been using stretch jeans exclusively, but I think after a few washes they tend to get really skinny and I dont like the look and  fee,

I am curious, to you guys use regular jeans and does them limit your mooves?

and btw, if you wear non stretch jeans wich ones are your favorites?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Evisoon

• Rep: -3
Re: non stretch jeans
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2017, 06:03:01 PM »
don't wash your jeans then

snowman600

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 728
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2017, 06:32:48 PM »
I caved and snagged some old levi's dad jeans from a thrift shop, good times all around.

Cherb

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -19
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2017, 07:55:31 PM »
Levi 513's. They say they're stretch jeans but I would say they are barely stretchy at all. I haven't had them shrink on me at all yet.

danjtony

• Rep: -4
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2017, 09:27:43 PM »
Ha I pretty much stopped wearing jeans years ago cause I hate having pants that are too tight when you wash them and sloppy stretched out the next day. I used to wear some Levi's and I swear they stretched out even more than other brands.

Now just wear regular baggy Dickies religiously cause they allow me to move freely and pretty much stay the same size throughout their life. If there is a jean equivalent to that, I'd probably buy a few pairs.

Jake

• Rep: -33
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2017, 11:27:46 PM »
Ha I pretty much stopped wearing jeans years ago cause I hate having pants that are too tight when you wash them and sloppy stretched out the next day. I used to wear some Levi's and I swear they stretched out even more than other brands.

Now just wear regular baggy Dickies religiously cause they allow me to move freely and pretty much stay the same size throughout their life. If there is a jean equivalent to that, I'd probably buy a few pairs.

Dickies carpenter jeans are tremendous, probably the only jeans I can skate. Loose enough to be able to move around and they have a minor stretch to them. Extremely comfy and I like their look.

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2017, 12:12:00 AM »
Gotta have stretch for skating. I fucking hate skating non-stretch jeans or trousers even if they fit loose. The rigid fabric just restricts too much movement for me.

UserFame

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2017, 12:52:15 AM »
Gotta have stretch for skating. I fucking hate skating non-stretch jeans or trousers even if they fit loose. The rigid fabric just restricts too much movement for me.

yeah, I agree that jeans must have a bit stretch, it just that usually they shrink 2 sizes down after a few washes, maybe I should start to buy them a bit bigger.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2017, 03:16:25 AM »
I don't like stretch denim. Each to their own.

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2017, 03:44:14 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

yeah, I agree that jeans must have a bit stretch, it just that usually they shrink 2 sizes down after a few washes, maybe I should start to buy them a bit bigger.

I've never really encountered such problems. Sure jeans are tighter after a wash for a while, but it's very minimal IMO and doesn't take all that long to feel good. Never noticed jeans bagging out too much after wearing them for long. I do have one pair of DC jeans that take a while longer to feel good than most others, but even that isn't really a problem IMO. 100% cotton non-stretch jeans on the other hand might be alright for casual chilling but every time I've tried skating such, I've just ended up hating them and changing for something else for the next session.

Thomas

• Rep: 20
  • no pop no style
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2017, 12:06:52 PM »
501 are perfect for skating, just wear them a little baggy
Possibilities are everywhere, search and enjoy.

Trey Phillip

• Rep: 0
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2017, 08:18:53 PM »
Dickies my dude, non carpenters are dope too. I go a size down from their regular pants, got some break in time tho.

ChuckRamone

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 528
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2017, 09:11:02 PM »
wash your jeans in cold water and hang dry them.

UserFame

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2017, 03:59:21 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
100% cotton non-stretch jeans on the other hand might be alright for casual chilling but every time I've tried skating such, I've just ended up hating them

yeah, I agree that has happened to me.

datura

• Rep: 23
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2017, 08:52:57 AM »
501 are perfect for skating, just wear them a little baggy
501s and wranglers are the only jeans that are easy to skate in. everything else i've tried always has some weird tight spot or just feel shitty. Get yourself some cowboy pants

Zimmer

• Rep: -9
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2017, 07:56:29 AM »

Me either. I wear regular 501 levi's, no stretch! They feel comfortable because I know if I start going fast there's a chance I won't get road rash.

Nice soft pants feel nice, but jeans are the only protective gear you're allowed in skateboarding.

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2017, 08:53:41 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Me either. I wear regular 501 levi's, no stretch! They feel comfortable because I know if I start going fast there's a chance I won't get road rash.

Nice soft pants feel nice, but jeans are the only protective gear you're allowed in skateboarding.
I remember when Ray Barbee almost single handily made it acceptable to wear jeans when skating he had an interview where he described his 501's as his "Street pads".

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 857
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2017, 12:14:49 PM »
ive been wearing levis almost exclusively since middle school and the normal ones have always been fine by me. other than 501s, i dont know what numbers i like. i usually buy them at marshalls and just go with whatever doesnt look stupid or fit too tight because fuck paying $50+ for a pair of pants.

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 994
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2017, 02:07:34 PM »
Volcom makes the best skate jeans out there.

Real belt loops, shoelace loops, hidden stash pockets and great feeling dneim with just the right amount of stretch to A) let you skate and B) not give you mutant looking saggy knees.

Never, ever use a dryer on skate in 'real' denim. Ever.

Also, never ever use a washing machine on good/high end denim, let alone wash with soap. Hot soak them to shrink back and roll to get rid of excess water, lay flat to dry.

Oh and if you need to 'clean' them, just spot clean them with water and put them in the freezer to get rid of stank (kills bacteria).
« Last Edit: February 24, 2017, 05:54:08 PM by Xen »

calvinsdream

« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2017, 02:39:18 PM »
the vol4 denim is sweet - it has a tiny bit of stretch, but they don't start getting that shrunken feeling until about year 3 of wearing them.

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -238
« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2017, 05:48:00 PM »
Get jeans from old navy
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 994
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2017, 05:56:29 PM »
Get jeans from old navy

No.

Unless you're:

A) fat

or

B) you don't want your close to fit. At all.

Level 60 Dwarf Paladin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -83
« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2017, 09:50:06 PM »
Fuck that, wash your clothes you filthy son of a bitch.

If your jeans can't be washed, you paid too much for your jeans.

That said, the Levi's skate 504's are the best jeans on earth.
you never know about pre-cum 

Matthew_James

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -191
« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2017, 09:10:33 AM »
I skate in either regular fit or slim fit Ralph Lauren jeans. They last longer than any other jeans I've owned, especially compared to skate brand jeans. They're all I wear at this point, aside from some Hugo Boss and Burberry jeans that I don't skate in.
At least when you're a washed-out hipster douchebag in NY, you can milk it at some decent looking, hard to skate spots. In LA you're just a tan-lined faggot in a school yard somewhere.