Author Topic: Deck Brands By Woodshop and Location  (Read 155020 times)

Ham Sandwiches

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -5
Re: Deck Brands By Woodshop and Location
« Reply #210 on: January 05, 2015, 11:49:40 PM »
Bump.
With people asking about who presses who's boards in the setup thread, I figure we should revive this thread.
Thanks man. Came across a 8.25 Zoo York logo deck at a surf chain shop that my friend works at and she gave me the heads-up that they're clearing everything out at 50% off.
you know you can get laid, see music, socialize, talk shit, and not be a nazi at the same time right?

4wheels

« Reply #211 on: January 06, 2015, 12:10:37 AM »
Expand Quote
Bump.
With people asking about who presses who's boards in the setup thread, I figure we should revive this thread.
[close]
Thanks man. Came across a 8.25 Zoo York logo deck at a surf chain shop that my friend works at and she gave me the heads-up that they're clearing everything out at 50% off.
I recently had a Zoo York board that was a chapman. Are all zoo boards chapman or just certain ones? Anyone know?

Ham Sandwiches

• Rep: -5
« Reply #212 on: January 06, 2015, 12:44:00 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Bump.
[close]
[close]
I recently had a Zoo York board that was a chapman. Are all zoo boards chapman or just certain ones? Anyone know?
I'd like to know this too. I'm planning to sand off the graphic anyway so I don't care about that but it'd be nice to know if the deck itself is worth the investment.
you know you can get laid, see music, socialize, talk shit, and not be a nazi at the same time right?

Prince Nelson

« Reply #213 on: January 06, 2015, 11:40:51 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Bump.
[close]
[close]
[close]
I'd like to know this too. I'm planning to sand off the graphic anyway so I don't care about that but it'd be nice to know if the deck itself is worth the investment.

theyre all chapman

chillclinton87

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 132
« Reply #214 on: January 06, 2015, 01:51:09 PM »
anybody care to tell me what woodshop is doing habitat? my shop gets them now that they are under tum yeto, and habitat is all i skate ever since!

would be interesting.
at the time i'm skating the 8.125 with i think a 14.25 wheelbase

Noble Experiment

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 284
« Reply #215 on: January 06, 2015, 02:14:06 PM »
^^^
As far as i know TumYeto gets their boards made in two different places.
They're either made by Watson in the US or they're made in Mexico (by generator I'm assuming?).
Best way to tell is by the sticker on the top of the board. it should say where it's made.

Spaced Cadet

• Rep: 113
« Reply #216 on: January 07, 2015, 07:36:53 PM »
Anyone know who makes $lave now? I want to give them a try now that they aren't using black box or dwindle wood.

4wheels

« Reply #217 on: January 07, 2015, 08:33:16 PM »
anybody care to tell me what woodshop is doing habitat? my shop gets them now that they are under tum yeto, and habitat is all i skate ever since!

would be interesting.
at the time i'm skating the 8.125 with i think a 14.25 wheelbase
Exact same as before. PS Stix

PieceOfShit22

• Rep: 0
« Reply #218 on: January 08, 2015, 11:17:51 AM »
The killing floor?

Lance

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 581
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #219 on: January 08, 2015, 11:18:46 AM »
Anyone else notice that Tony Parker is the Gino of basketball?

ungzilla

« Reply #220 on: January 08, 2015, 02:18:03 PM »
A friend who works at a shop was tellin' me that US Magenta boards are Chapman now. I could've sworn they were Generator at one point. Can anyone confirm or deny?

chickeneverymeal

• Rep: 3
« Reply #221 on: January 08, 2015, 07:01:10 PM »
Chapman distributes Theories. Magenta is still made at Generator but when they are behind Chapman sometimes puts on the heat transfers for them. That could be what he is talking about.   

dgus138

• Rep: 7
    • Plains Hardware avatar image

ungzilla

« Reply #223 on: January 09, 2015, 09:51:05 AM »
Chapman distributes Theories. Magenta is still made at Generator but when they are behind Chapman sometimes puts on the heat transfers for them. That could be what he is talking about.   

Thanks homes, I think they just assumed they were Chapman now since they would get Chapman invoices, which makes sense based on what you're saying.

Prince Nelson

« Reply #224 on: January 09, 2015, 11:22:24 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
The killing floor?

[close]
Bareback
[close]
They say Generator on their website. http://www.thekillingfloorskateboards.com/white-magic-regular-shape-board/

For the millionth fucking time, GENERATOR AND BAREBACK ARE THE SAME THING. Generator uses Bareback-pressed boards and puts the fucking transfers on them. They are nothing more than a print shop.

dgus138

« Reply #225 on: January 09, 2015, 01:55:14 PM »

For the millionth fucking time, GENERATOR AND BAREBACK ARE THE SAME THING. Generator uses Bareback-pressed boards and puts the fucking transfers on them. They are nothing more than a print shop.
Damn dude... the best info in this thread suggests they are different woodshops both run or owned by Bareback. Larger orders for larger companies are ran through Bareback(Mexico) and smaller orders are run through Generator(USA). The determining factor being whether or not there was a Made in Mexico sticker on the deck, indicating Bareback. And I'm only speaking on my experiences on where distributors and company owners have told me their boards come from and none have ever said Bareback, only Generator and Made in USA.

ungzilla

« Reply #226 on: January 09, 2015, 04:16:47 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Damn dude... the best info in this thread suggests they are different woodshops both run or owned by Bareback. Larger orders for larger companies are ran through Bareback(Mexico) and smaller orders are run through Generator(USA). The determining factor being whether or not there was a Made in Mexico sticker on the deck, indicating Bareback. And I'm only speaking on my experiences on where distributors and company owners have told me their boards come from and none have ever said Bareback, only Generator and Made in USA.

Nah dude, it looks like he is correctamundo

http://www.generatordistribution.com/decks
« Last Edit: January 09, 2015, 04:18:25 PM by ungzilla »

dgus138

« Reply #227 on: January 09, 2015, 06:50:34 PM »
Well then, thanks for the info. If that link was posted a few pages ago I must have missed it.

toque

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 122
    • Portmanteau avatar image
« Reply #228 on: January 09, 2015, 07:46:41 PM »
I want to get a small project going pretty soon and am looking for a woodshop that offers an 8.4 or 8.5 in a decent length/wheelbase (32.5+ with a 14.75+ wheelbase)

The only board I've been able to ride is the DLX 8.43 x 32.56 shape for the past few years...which sucks because there's a ton of other companies I'd rather support.  The generator site doesn't have a real comprehensive list of what they offer and I'm not sure if they would allow you to outright copy a deluxe shape anyway. 

I'd appreciate a reply from anybody with insight/experience. 

wheee!

JAesop

« Reply #229 on: January 09, 2015, 08:29:30 PM »
Www.scumskateboards.com. Almost all of their boards are longer wheelbase, all PS Stix as far as I know. Even the 8.26 have a true 14.6 WB. Www.socalskateshop.com has some of the Scum shapes not on their site. They have an 8.4 w/ a 14.75 Wb, etc...
Don't know about small run stuff though. Most of the Pocket Pistols shapes have longer Wb too and they are all PS.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1580
« Reply #230 on: January 10, 2015, 12:19:52 AM »
If you were toque and not tuque I'd recommend this:

http://folkskateboards.com/about/

Pretty sure they do small runs.....

N.L.

« Reply #231 on: January 10, 2015, 09:15:15 AM »
I want to get a small project going pretty soon and am looking for a woodshop that offers an 8.4 or 8.5 in a decent length/wheelbase (32.5+ with a 14.75+ wheelbase)

The only board I've been able to ride is the DLX 8.43 x 32.56 shape for the past few years...which sucks because there's a ton of other companies I'd rather support.  The generator site doesn't have a real comprehensive list of what they offer and I'm not sure if they would allow you to outright copy a deluxe shape anyway. 

I'd appreciate a reply from anybody with insight/experience. 

Any half decent woodshop will make you any wheelbase, width combo you want.  From what I hear though, most will want you to do a minimum run of 25 to 50 boards. South Central and Pennswood are might fan wood pressers.

pennswood

• Rep: 20
« Reply #232 on: January 10, 2015, 03:09:26 PM »
we print in house.
setting up screens for each color is a lot of work for 25 pieces.
but we can work things out to help get you started.
designing the art with fewer colors helps.

the different wheelbase and board length options are no problem.

Prince Nelson

« Reply #233 on: January 10, 2015, 03:52:45 PM »
we print in house.
setting up screens for each color is a lot of work for 25 pieces.
but we can work things out to help get you started.
designing the art with fewer colors helps.

the different wheelbase and board length options are no problem.

Is the pricing sheet on your website up to date?

perverted super otaku!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -217
  • "Needless to say, I had the last laugh."
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #234 on: January 11, 2015, 06:01:00 AM »
If you were toque and not tuque I'd recommend this:

http://folkskateboards.com/about/

Pretty sure they do small runs.....
Saw an interview this guy had in kingshit this year I think, seems very cool, that Rattray endorsement is a hammer as well

Rusty_Berrings

« Reply #235 on: January 12, 2015, 10:35:21 AM »
Anywhere I can get a Chapman blank? Wanna check em out but don't want to spend the whole 50 bucks if possible. any USA woodshops sell blanks?

BMCsteve

« Reply #236 on: January 12, 2015, 10:48:41 AM »
Anywhere I can get a Chapman blank? Wanna check em out but don't want to spend the whole 50 bucks if possible. any USA woodshops sell blanks?

SoCal sells blanks http://socalskateshop.com/index.php?l=search_list&s[search]=socal+blank&s[title]=Y&s[short_desc]=n&s[full_desc]=n&s[sku]=Y&s[match]=all

and

Skatewarehouse - http://www.skatewarehouse.com/Skate_Warehouse_Skateboard_Decks/catpage-DKSKATEWARE.html

Might be worth emailing them to see who produces the board.  Honestly I have no idea so they could be China crap but they might be from a USA shop

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 994
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #237 on: January 12, 2015, 06:23:14 PM »
I've reached out to socal about their blanks, no reply yet.

As for chapman blanks: http://www.chapmanskateboards.com/shop/

It's very possible that you could ask them them for blanks and not the ones shown.

Hammers (greco) is also USA made and screen and a 'blank' can be had for about $47

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 994
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #238 on: January 13, 2015, 01:40:06 PM »
So-Cal blanks are made in Mexico!

Rusty_Berrings

« Reply #239 on: January 14, 2015, 02:09:03 AM »
Who makes 1031? Found a shape I think I'd probably like, need to know what the concave is like.