Author Topic: Deck Brands By Woodshop and Location  (Read 155057 times)

mynameisnotjeff

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 584
Re: Deck Brands By Woodshop and Location
« Reply #390 on: January 03, 2016, 12:14:40 AM »
Expand Quote
Do you guys know what wood Primitive uses?
[close]

Bareback
Thank you Jake from State Farm
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

Dad you're embarrassing me

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 66
« Reply #391 on: January 03, 2016, 03:17:10 AM »
I've always avoided boards made in China because I assumed they were inferior quality, but the creature I'm on atm said made in China on the wrap, and it's hands down one of the best boards I've ridden in ages! (usually skate black label or antihero).
Does anyone know what woodshop Creature use? Are all NHS boards made in China?

ChuckRamone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 528
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #392 on: January 03, 2016, 07:41:59 AM »
I've always avoided boards made in China because I assumed they were inferior quality, but the creature I'm on atm said made in China on the wrap, and it's hands down one of the best boards I've ridden in ages! (usually skate black label or antihero).

I think they are. I had a Flip board recently that also had a China sticker on the shrink wrap.

JAesop

« Reply #393 on: January 03, 2016, 08:04:42 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I think they are. I had a Flip board recently that also had a China sticker on the shrink wrap.

NHS wood is very good, ( at least Sc and Creature ) but it is all Chinese except the P2 decks. I think their quality control and their wood source is better quality than most.

Jake From State Farm

« Reply #394 on: January 03, 2016, 10:09:47 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

NHS wood is very good, ( at least Sc and Creature ) but it is all Chinese except the P2 decks. I think their quality control and their wood source is better quality than most.

I will attest to this. NHS boards actually are good quality, despite being made in China. However, when I bought a Justin Strubing Santa Cruz Powerply board a few years ago, it did delaminate, but NHS replaced it ASAP and I skated the replacement for a very long time with no trouble.

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 994
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #395 on: January 05, 2016, 07:36:30 PM »
All NHS wood (Flip/Creature/SC) is 'China' wood' no one really knows where the wood comes from I don't think.

Their wood is amazing, some of the best out there. I actually prefer them over any other wood brand, but they have odd dimensions of late.

pointandclick

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 245
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #396 on: January 05, 2016, 08:59:50 PM »
All NHS wood (Flip/Creature/SC) is 'China' wood' no one really knows where the wood comes from I don't think.

Their wood is amazing, some of the best out there. I actually prefer them over any other wood brand, but they have odd dimensions of late.
supposedly its DSM (dwindle). just not marked like all dwindle and palace.

Violator

• Rep: 73
« Reply #397 on: February 09, 2016, 06:01:50 AM »
Does anybody know if Black Label is still PS Stix? 

Cherb

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -19
« Reply #398 on: February 13, 2016, 08:39:44 AM »
Does anyone know where Blood Wizard boards are made?!

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #399 on: February 13, 2016, 01:13:49 PM »

I've been trying to figure this out for over a year now.

One thread mentioned they were a sister company to dwindle (whatever that means) but the BW decks are thinner, flatter and more flexible (yet still crispy).

I've asked them directly a few times via different means and it's always the same answer "In the forest, by the Wizard". I'm assuming they are pressed over seas,

I find it very odd that outside of PS stix (because the decks are essentially branded), Almost being openly pressed in China, Hammers in SC, Scumco&Sons in Pennswood and the barback/generator co.s, that few companies and woodshops want to own up to where their shit is pressed. I mean, Watson (assault) and Chapman are US based but so few brands come out of them that we know of.

If I new more Cal based shops, I'd by from them in a second.

neil.

« Reply #400 on: February 14, 2016, 11:49:45 AM »
santa cruz and creature are dsm, just arent labelled like all dwindle boards and some of the palace boards

Jake From State Farm

« Reply #401 on: February 14, 2016, 02:32:21 PM »
Does anybody know if Black Label is still PS Stix? 

It's Generator/BBS. I'm skating one now.

Dengles

« Reply #402 on: February 14, 2016, 03:11:41 PM »
Who presses Skatemental now?  I really like the 3D board I had last winter and wanted another but now that they no longer exist I guess I'll have to get a Skatemental. 

ChuckRamone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 528
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #403 on: February 15, 2016, 07:04:52 AM »
ATM Click? Kinda looks like it's pressed in Mexico but not sure.

JAesop

« Reply #404 on: February 15, 2016, 07:52:00 AM »
santa cruz and creature are dsm, just arent labelled like all dwindle boards and some of the palace boards

That would explain why the Cliche deck I just skated felt so much like my SC deck. The Cliche was actually really good, a little thick but really durable.

Lance

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 581
« Reply #405 on: February 15, 2016, 10:46:41 AM »
Who presses Skatemental now?  I really like the 3D board I had last winter and wanted another but now that they no longer exist I guess I'll have to get a Skatemental. 
Still China Wood.  Same factory they've been at for a while.  (Yes I know there was a stint of PS Stix wood w/the VX Cruiser) But they couldn't get the turn around they wanted so they are still in China and not planning to transition from what I've heard. 
Anyone else notice that Tony Parker is the Gino of basketball?

CINCINNATI

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 116
« Reply #406 on: February 15, 2016, 02:49:02 PM »
anyone hear of that company that is going to press the board jason lee is going to reissue soon? i saw the name on insta and i can't remember it right now. they were supposedly cali based, and press and shape all their stuff here in the usa. I've never heard of them up until i saw that.

EDIT its called primewood. still never heard of it up until now. apparently they've been in business for a while though
« Last Edit: February 15, 2016, 02:51:18 PM by CINCINNATI »

Stanley Spadowski

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 316
  • Can I still be the janitor?
« Reply #407 on: February 15, 2016, 03:00:29 PM »
anyone hear of that company that is going to press the board jason lee is going to reissue soon? i saw the name on insta and i can't remember it right now. they were supposedly cali based, and press and shape all their stuff here in the usa. I've never heard of them up until i saw that.

EDIT its called primewood. still never heard of it up until now. apparently they've been in business for a while though
www.primewood.la/#!about/c1d72
They made world, blind, plan b, and 101 boards in the early to mid nineties.
"These floors are dirty as hell, and I'm not gonna take it any more!"

bumpnrun

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 44
    • Fairways & Flips avatar image
« Reply #408 on: February 15, 2016, 03:31:59 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

This current version of Prime is about as similar to the early 90's Prime as the current World industries is to SMA Rocco division.

The guy who owns Prime now is goodwood, which presses zumiez shit.

Lance

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #409 on: February 15, 2016, 03:54:35 PM »
They used to do Listen Decks as well, if they are still the same type quality will be hyped as those decks/shapes were awesome!

ill_Murray

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 401
« Reply #410 on: February 15, 2016, 05:41:43 PM »
Prime is doo doo quality
ill murray, can you remind me why you think im a kook

Cherb

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -19
« Reply #411 on: February 16, 2016, 11:31:02 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I've been trying to figure this out for over a year now.

One thread mentioned they were a sister company to dwindle (whatever that means) but the BW decks are thinner, flatter and more flexible (yet still crispy).

I've asked them directly a few times via different means and it's always the same answer "In the forest, by the Wizard". I'm assuming they are pressed over seas,

That's a pretty legit answer they gave haha. I don't skate hard by any means anymore, but the board does feel nice and "crispy" for sure. Doesn't seem to be shit quality wood.

mynameisnotjeff

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 584
« Reply #412 on: February 18, 2016, 06:08:11 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

This current version of Prime is about as similar to the early 90's Prime as the current World industries is to SMA Rocco division.

The guy who owns Prime now is goodwood, which presses zumiez shit.

I was just about to ask this haha

Prime is doo doo quality

Now I know to stay away
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

Big Baby Jesus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 266
    • Suciu avatar image
« Reply #413 on: February 24, 2016, 10:32:01 AM »
Recently I was recently told by two shop employees at different shops that 5boro is actually pressed at Chapman. I was playing around with the boards and they seemed more solid than other Chinese decks.

Can anyone confirm or deny. Would love to get the Trahan board but I won't buy Chinese manufactured boards if I don't have to.
flat spotted 3 times in 2 weeks, other than that awesome wheels

Baby is gonna be raised by Max and Cyrus

Lance

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #414 on: February 24, 2016, 06:11:24 PM »
Recently I was recently told by two shop employees at different shops that 5boro is actually pressed at Chapman. I was playing around with the boards and they seemed more solid than other Chinese decks.

Can anyone confirm or deny. Would love to get the Trahan board but I won't buy Chinese manufactured boards if I don't have to.

All the new 5 Boro Decks (The 3 new Pro VHS Series) Were/are pressed at South Central.  It's only for the time being.  From the horses mouth.

october

• Rep: 23
« Reply #415 on: February 25, 2016, 01:07:41 PM »

And before the current series being at South Central, they were overseas.

What does everyone prefer more? Pennswood, South Central, or Chapman? I used to be all about Pennswood when I was doing Heavy, but now I'm considering doing Chapman for my shop boards. Been skating nothing but Hopps lately.

BMCsteve

« Reply #416 on: February 25, 2016, 01:16:29 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

All the new 5 Boro Decks (The 3 new Pro VHS Series) Were/are pressed at South Central.  It's only for the time being.  From the horses mouth.

Damn.  I would happily buy a 5 Boro deck if they kept the production with South Central

Big Baby Jesus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 266
    • Suciu avatar image
« Reply #417 on: February 25, 2016, 05:07:25 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Damn.  I would happily buy a 5 Boro deck if they kept the production with South Central

Same. Looks like I'll just have to get while the gettins good.
flat spotted 3 times in 2 weeks, other than that awesome wheels

Baby is gonna be raised by Max and Cyrus

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #418 on: February 26, 2016, 11:20:09 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

And before the current series being at South Central, they were overseas.

What does everyone prefer more? Pennswood, South Central, or Chapman? I used to be all about Pennswood when I was doing Heavy, but now I'm considering doing Chapman for my shop boards. Been skating nothing but Hopps lately.

I've only ever skated (that I know of) SC wood (a run of PP and Hammers); brands that use the other two tend to not be in my size of WB; I hear watson isn't doing too bad these days either. Isn't churchill still pressing?

Lt. Dan

• Rep: -1
« Reply #419 on: May 19, 2016, 02:47:54 PM »
Does anyone know where all I need skateboards is made and how the wood is? Also any info on create skateboards? Has anyone tried either of these or pizza?