Author Topic: Deck Brands By Woodshop and Location  (Read 155004 times)

rob

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 188
  • Lance Mountain
Re: Deck Brands By Woodshop and Location
« Reply #480 on: August 04, 2016, 04:53:32 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I don't think the new Alien Workshop decks are PS Stix anymore. Now that they are independent and back in Dayton I think they switched. New boards have a black warning sticker and don't seem to say "Made in Mexico" anymore. Anyone know who could be making them now?

[close]

sorry i dont have an answer to reply but im wondering the same, before alien and habitat went to ps stix/tumyeto who pressed them before? cause i really liked the shape and wood and always heard good things about them but was too late to actually have my own at the time before the move.
[close]

i think alien is made PS stix for 10 years or something now- i once read on their instagram, that the visitor graphik and the shape on that board is a team favourite for the last 8 or so years.

i see the sticker being a different color, but it still has something embossed at the front truck holes- wich usually means it is PS stix- FA/HOCKEY and habitat have a similar embossed thing.

on the habitat homepage you can see a graphic where it says that they sit in ohio but the boards are made in mexico.

Really? I feel like it might of been generator though cause old alien had a very similar but a tad bit more contoured and deep shape to deluxe/Kayo boards the new alien my friend has is less contoured similar to a girl board and square nose and tail but they kick up higher
yes

perverted super otaku!

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -217
  • "Needless to say, I had the last laugh."
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #481 on: August 04, 2016, 04:59:02 AM »
The new Aliens could be Dwindle actually...., as they also do the laser engraving/whatever it is between the front holes

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1580
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #482 on: August 04, 2016, 09:07:49 AM »
Shape looks different that's for sure....hope it's not true...

bumpnrun

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 44
    • Fairways & Flips avatar image
« Reply #483 on: August 04, 2016, 10:55:22 AM »
As an avid psstix fan, the laser etching on the new AWS boards doesn't look like PS. No serial number. Maybe there is but it's hard to see. Can see a bit better on this banana top. Could always ask professorschmitt on instagram. He's pretty responsive to questions. The sticker does say made in mexico though. Maybe bb/generator.

Also, pretty sure all the dwindle boards have PRC lasered.

On a slightly older one still in stores, clearly see the ps serial number. http://www.skatewarehouse.com/Alien_Workshop_Receive_the_Love_Deck/descpage-AWRTLDK.html

bumpnrun

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #484 on: August 04, 2016, 11:13:58 AM »

perverted super otaku!

• SLAP Pal
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #485 on: August 04, 2016, 11:42:26 AM »
Man I love board mfg speculation, its like Agatha Christie shit. Interesting traits on new AWS looks dwindy but says mexico?

Spaced Cadet

• Rep: 113
« Reply #486 on: August 04, 2016, 04:42:21 PM »
I just got one of the new Aliens. No PS serial, no red PS sticker, but it does say made in Mexico on the new sticker. I don't know who all makes boards in Mexico but it probably isn't PS anymore. Kind of a shame since I've had nothing but good luck with all the new PS Alien boards despite PS's shoddy quality with other brands. I still have some life in my current board but I may set up the Alien to see what it's like.

perverted super otaku!

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #487 on: August 04, 2016, 05:31:59 PM »
Going out on a limb here, but, what if since taking over most of the board industry, Dwindle set up another shop in Mexico on the DL to make boards that a re secretly dwindle but without the China wood stigma? Maybe that is what the new AWS is? would you guys back?. Does BBS even have laser etching capabilities?

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #488 on: August 04, 2016, 07:36:44 PM »
Now that they are back in Ohio......could be aliens.....

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 121
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #489 on: August 04, 2016, 07:55:51 PM »
thinking of going either street plant or welcome for my next board ... both are PS Stix no?
Am I going to hate them after skating magenta for so long?

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

perverted super otaku!

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #490 on: August 04, 2016, 08:00:40 PM »
thinking of going either street plant or welcome for my next board ... both are PS Stix no?
If the holes are drilled wrong, which is not uncommon with PS then yes, they can be awesome but you really got to look it closely and maybe even measure the holes. Could be great or legitimately unskatable

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #491 on: August 04, 2016, 08:13:58 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
If the holes are drilled wrong, which is not uncommon with PS then yes, they can be awesome but you really got to look it closely and maybe even measure the holes. Could be great or legitimately unskatable
da fuq? street plant and welcome boards look so on point though... :-\

Jake From State Farm

« Reply #492 on: August 04, 2016, 09:43:49 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
da fuq? street plant and welcome boards look so on point though... :-\

Don't worry about that shit. Mis-drilled holes are one in a million. Just buy one.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #493 on: August 04, 2016, 11:09:57 PM »
I skated two isle boards in a row....also have a magenta board set up......then skated a bunch of habitat boards.....liked the habitat boards more....concaved were better....shape better.....wood was fine....

chillclinton87

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 132
« Reply #494 on: August 05, 2016, 01:17:09 AM »
I just got one of the new Aliens. No PS serial, no red PS sticker, but it does say made in Mexico on the new sticker. I don't know who all makes boards in Mexico but it probably isn't PS anymore. Kind of a shame since I've had nothing but good luck with all the new PS Alien boards despite PS's shoddy quality with other brands. I still have some life in my current board but I may set up the Alien to see what it's like.

yeah to me it would be a huge bummer if alien is not PS anymore.....some of the best boards i skated......i back BB/generator but i get hella razor tail in the matter of 4 sessions on most baker etc boards i had and i just like the feeling of PS boards more. they work for me and never had a defective board....

bumpnrun

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #495 on: August 05, 2016, 12:21:56 PM »
When I tighten my hardware, I can feel bb/generator is softer than ps stix.

BMCsteve

« Reply #496 on: August 05, 2016, 12:33:10 PM »

I've had close to 10 Street Plant boards.  All have been great with zero issues.  I'm almost certain they use a different layup than other PS boards.  They last forever without razortailing unlike a lot of the other PS boards I've used

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #497 on: August 07, 2016, 06:37:24 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I've had close to 10 Street Plant boards.  All have been great with zero issues.  I'm almost certain they use a different layup than other PS boards.  They last forever without razortailing unlike a lot of the other PS boards I've used
Sweet thanks for that mate. Leaning more towards a welcome at this point but want to throw money at vallely because I've fallen back in love with him <3

yapple dapple

• Rep: 155
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #498 on: August 07, 2016, 10:11:50 PM »
Looking to get a new cruiser. Narrowed it down to three. But don't know who presses them.
Blockhead
Deita
Black Label (ps?)
Any help?

Jake From State Farm

« Reply #499 on: August 07, 2016, 11:52:00 PM »
Looking to get a new cruiser. Narrowed it down to three. But don't know who presses them.
Blockhead
Deita
Black Label (ps?)
Any help?

Blockhead is Watson, Black Label is Generator/BBS, Dieta should be Pennswood

Hannity

« Reply #500 on: August 08, 2016, 09:53:33 AM »
Dieta was out of South Central i believe

yapple dapple

• Rep: 155
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #501 on: August 08, 2016, 10:49:52 AM »
Dieta was out of South Central i believe
I hope so, I've been wanting try that wood out. I picked this one up.

Edit: your right Han, thanx.

Our boards are pressed, cut, and screened in Elmore, Alabama by South Central mfg. (run by skateboarders) that has been making quality skateboards for over 20 years. We make our wages off our day-to-day work and put just about everything we make from this back into the brand and into the community. With the corporate influence that is becoming more and more prevalent in skateboarding, we feel that someone needs to stick to the grass-roots of what skateboarding truly is. We represent everyone out there who is trying to roll around on a skateboard for as long as they can because it isn’t a sport, it’s a lifestyle. And that is what Dieta is, a lifestyle, your routine, your daily regimen.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2016, 11:15:27 AM by yapple dapple »

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #502 on: August 08, 2016, 11:10:31 PM »
Black Label is bb/gen.....the blockhead boards that I've seen are Watson but look better than I thought.....

heritage

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 98
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #503 on: August 14, 2016, 08:16:03 AM »
For those that asked, all the new AWS boards are BBS. They moved all production from PS to BBS.

micky682

« Reply #504 on: August 14, 2016, 08:18:54 AM »
For those that asked, all the new AWS boards are BBS. They moved all production from PS to BBS.
Thats...kinda cool. Same shapes?

heritage

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 98
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #505 on: August 14, 2016, 08:21:43 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Thats...kinda cool. Same shapes?

I think so. I am actually hyped on the move. I just bought the Kodak board in 8.125 and will compare it with the previous 8.125 shape they were using. Now I am hoping Habitat moves exclusively back to BBS.

perverted super otaku!

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #506 on: August 14, 2016, 08:27:11 AM »
+1 for the AWS update!

CINCINNATI

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 116
« Reply #507 on: August 14, 2016, 09:06:53 AM »
does bbs ever do screen printed graphics? i got a local company board and its only two color (white on tan) and it wears like other screened decks I've had.

GOATMOON

• Rep: -1
« Reply #508 on: August 14, 2016, 09:24:21 AM »
does bbs ever do screen printed graphics? i got a local company board and its only two color (white on tan) and it wears like other screened decks I've had.
Yeah, I had a screen printed Anti Hero a while back.

Jake From State Farm

« Reply #509 on: August 14, 2016, 03:09:44 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Yeah, I had a screen printed Anti Hero a while back.

They're all screen printed, in that they are screen printed heat transfer graphics.