Author Topic: LAPD skater beatdown  (Read 7768 times)

sluggers

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -407
Re: LAPD skater beatdown
« Reply #60 on: August 21, 2012, 09:14:48 PM »
Send the news stories and video to http://www.copblock.org/ for more exposure.

flapJack

• Rep: 30
  • if you want our remorse,turn your body to a corpse
« Reply #61 on: August 21, 2012, 09:16:09 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
There's a 10pm curfew in LA for under 18's?

Doesn't sound much like the 'land of the free' to me.
[close]
[close]
This didn't happen in the land of the free, it happened in the United States, which is the country with the highest rate of incarceration in the entire world.

Also, it doesn't matter what the kid had on his record, police are not there to punish, that is what the criminal justice system is there for. They are there to apprehend and arrest people they suspect of crimes, and it is for the courts to decide what punishment is deserved, not the police.

Oh, and I genuinely don't believe the "lots of good cops" crap. What type of good person wants to become a professional bully?

Exactly. I've never had a cop do anything nice or beneficial. They don't protect anything but themselves.

"Just doing my job." hurr hurr Maybe I might just become an occupational hazard then

Jive Turkey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 93
« Reply #62 on: August 21, 2012, 09:29:32 PM »
I've never had a cop do anything nice or beneficial.
My idea of a pleasent encounter with the police is when one is not as big a dick as others I have encountered in the past.
In what part of the country do these "not all cops are bad" police exist? Because in my 32 years on this Earth, regardless of what country I'm in, but especially in the US, cops are terrible fucking people.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2012, 10:34:54 PM by Jive Turkey »

HairyCunt

• Rep: -348
« Reply #63 on: August 21, 2012, 09:48:51 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
My idea of a pleasent encounter with the police is when one is not as big a dick as others I have encountered in the past.
In what part of the country to these "not all cops are bad" police exist? Because in my 32 years on this Earth, regardless of what country I'm in, but especially in the US, cops are terrible fucking people.

One, you haven't been anywhere cops are real dicks.  Two, you sound like you have a problem with authority figures in general.

Schismatic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 4
« Reply #64 on: August 21, 2012, 10:30:24 PM »
To touch on several points made or opinions voiced:

There are a very few decent cops out there who have good intentions and want to help. Case in point, the attached video. Super nice guy who shreds harder than 99% of you guys. Also a police officer. The clip also proves that all cops wear speedos, as I've suspected for many years.

The rapist analogy... stupid. Like I said, its very rare but you can become a cop with good intentions. You can't rape with good intentions however.

The curfew thing is backtracking bullshit. Until they subdued him and ran his name how would they know? He's 20. You're telling me a cop working the beat in the hood is gonna remember some kid he ticketed for curfew a couple years back? I doubt his old curfew ticket put him on their radar.

Being a "college student" doesn't mean shit. For about $40 you can enroll in 1 class and get a student ID and LA city colleges are full of scumbags and gangbangers. The one I went to was like an extension of fucked up LAUSD high school but with less security and more open containers.

Whatever happened before the recording began is irrelevant. He was subdued when they literally broke his face.

America could be worse. At least he can take legal recourse and get a settlement. And we can talk shit about the police and other govt. agencies/officials. It's not perfect but we still have more liberties than a lot of the world. Don't like it? Rise against or move to Canada. Our liberties are shrinking, private prison industry growing, and "balance" of power is a joke. On the bright side, I'm not afraid of getting arrested for this conversation so it could be worse.

Jive Turkey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 93
« Reply #65 on: August 21, 2012, 10:33:47 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
In what part of the country to these "not all cops are bad" police exist? Because in my 32 years on this Earth, regardless of what country I'm in, but especially in the US, cops are terrible fucking people.
[close]

One, you haven't been anywhere cops are real dicks.  Two, you sound like you have a problem with authority figures in general.
One: You know nothing about me. Two: You always sound like a douchebag.

Dontfearthereefer

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -232
  • Head kook
« Reply #66 on: August 21, 2012, 10:43:18 PM »
Don't like it? do something about it

HairyCunt

« Reply #67 on: August 21, 2012, 10:44:01 PM »
To touch on several points made or opinions voiced:

There are a very few decent cops out there who have good intentions and want to help. Case in point, the attached video. Super nice guy who shreds harder than 99% of you guys. Also a police officer. The clip also proves that all cops wear speedos, as I've suspected for many years.

The rapist analogy... stupid. Like I said, its very rare but you can become a cop with good intentions. You can't rape with good intentions however.

The curfew thing is backtracking bullshit. Until they subdued him and ran his name how would they know? He's 20. You're telling me a cop working the beat in the hood is gonna remember some kid he ticketed for curfew a couple years back? I doubt his old curfew ticket put him on their radar.

Being a "college student" doesn't mean shit. For about $40 you can enroll in 1 class and get a student ID and LA city colleges are full of scumbags and gangbangers. The one I went to was like an extension of fucked up LAUSD high school but with less security and more open containers.

Whatever happened before the recording began is irrelevant. He was subdued when they literally broke his face.

America could be worse. At least he can take legal recourse and get a settlement. And we can talk shit about the police and other govt. agencies/officials. It's not perfect but we still have more liberties than a lot of the world. Don't like it? Rise against or move to Canada. Our liberties are shrinking, private prison industry growing, and "balance" of power is a joke. On the bright side, I'm not afraid of getting arrested for this conversation so it could be worse.

He studies Chemistry at Louisiana State. You're right though, who cares, it would be bad if he was a dishwasher.

floop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -28
  • the things I do for my fucking friends!
« Reply #68 on: August 22, 2012, 12:12:12 PM »
he's hiring a big time attorney for his case.  hopefully these - and other cops - will learn a lesson

you'd think by now cops would be smart enough to know that, even if they are racist assholes and want to beat someone down, everyone and their mother has a cell phone now.  how many cases recently have all hinged on cell phone video?

fucking morons

i'd say the percentage of good cops is probably about 20 maybe..   i don't know.  i know it's a tough job and all, but i question the kind of person who seeks out that kind of job in the first place.  in most cases it seems like people who get off on controlling people. 
"Every time I read one of your shitty posts I wonder why I am wasting my time looking at SLAP."

Tyler

• Rep: -4
« Reply #69 on: August 22, 2012, 01:05:45 PM »
if i may add some wood to the fire:

-Past American Idol Judge

Dirty Sprite

• Rep: -5
« Reply #70 on: August 22, 2012, 03:11:45 PM »
I like how the wording says he was cited for "driving" on the wrong side of the road? Who can't see the difference between a bike which can move at a decent pace with traffic compared to a board where God help you if you hit a crack in the middle of the street.

via

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 239
« Reply #71 on: August 22, 2012, 03:31:42 PM »
he's hiring a big time attorney for his case.  hopefully these - and other cops - will learn a lesson

you'd think by now cops would be smart enough to know that, even if they are racist assholes and want to beat someone down, everyone and their mother has a cell phone now.  how many cases recently have all hinged on cell phone video?

Because they don't care. How many police brutality convictions have come from any of the cell phone videos? And of the few brutality convictions, how many were laughable, slap on the wrist punishments?

Remember Oscar Grant? The cell phone video of cops shooting him in the back of the head while he was handcuffed, face down on the ground? You know what happened to that cop? Two years, of which he served 18 months. For murdering a kid who was in handcuffs. You think these cops are afraid of what will happen to them if they beat someone?

Fuck the police.

foureyedjim

« Reply #72 on: August 22, 2012, 03:55:54 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Because they don't care. How many police brutality convictions have come from any of the cell phone videos? And of the few brutality convictions, how many were laughable, slap on the wrist punishments?

Remember Oscar Grant? The cell phone video of cops shooting him in the back of the head while he was handcuffed, face down on the ground? You know what happened to that cop? Two years, of which he served 18 months. For murdering a kid who was in handcuffs. You think these cops are afraid of what will happen to them if they beat someone?

Fuck the police.

and that fucker is actually trying to appeal his conviction aka wants his job back.

Mole

« Reply #73 on: August 22, 2012, 08:22:47 PM »

That was amazing. I hope that one pig was beaten to death.

floop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -28
  • the things I do for my fucking friends!
« Reply #74 on: August 22, 2012, 09:06:13 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

videos like that warm my heart
"Every time I read one of your shitty posts I wonder why I am wasting my time looking at SLAP."

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #75 on: August 22, 2012, 09:39:43 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Fuck the police.
Rodney King was the first and most famous case of that, even though Oscar Grant was even worse, because it had multiple angles, he was clearly subdued, and died.

Meserle will never be hired back as cop. There would literally be a riot in Oakland. You know the cops are scared of that. That's why they arrested him in the first place. Its actually a case where violent disobedience actually succeeded. I remember there was even a sticker with a picture of Meserle behind bars with the words "Riots work" around it.

Oh, and the lawyer the kid got is the same one representing Trayvon Martin's family, and with the publicity that case got, that's probably a really good lawyer,
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

Mole

« Reply #76 on: August 23, 2012, 04:05:37 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

videos like that warm my heart

Well said.

Tufty

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -26
« Reply #77 on: August 23, 2012, 07:15:25 AM »
 The problem with the cops is that. As the economic situation worsens the crime and the unrest in society rises up. However the "Democratic" governments instead of trying to vanish the causes of the economic collapse, invest on the police state to hold down the masses. Thats no wonder cause the economic collapse  is directly associated with capitals getting in the hands of fewer and fewer people, so trying to fix the situation means the discomfort of the hand that feeds you as a politician. In that context, the police gets a major role in the system becoming a whole state within the state, by not only busting criminals or even non-criminals but also judging them and punishing them on the spot.... Of course the state doesnt want to lose the exclusivity of justice in the eyes of its citizens so they act like they dont tolerate those behaviours, however the desperate times we live in require a powerful police state that has no boundaries and its ok as long as the people dont realise it.

In conclusion, if you are a cop you see this first hand and if you like justice you end up not being a cop. There is no good cop cut that bullshit. As long as you are a cop you either do crimes against citizens and democracy (bad cop) or remain silent watching colleagues do the crimes (good cop). In my eyes both are bad. What'd you think?  

PS: We are talking about street cops and those above them. Especially riot police.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2012, 07:20:42 AM by Tufty »

HairyCunt

« Reply #78 on: August 23, 2012, 12:17:34 PM »
The problem with the cops is that. As the economic situation worsens the crime and the unrest in society rises up. However the "Democratic" governments instead of trying to vanish the causes of the economic collapse, invest on the police state to hold down the masses. Thats no wonder cause the economic collapse  is directly associated with capitals getting in the hands of fewer and fewer people, so trying to fix the situation means the discomfort of the hand that feeds you as a politician. In that context, the police gets a major role in the system becoming a whole state within the state, by not only busting criminals or even non-criminals but also judging them and punishing them on the spot.... Of course the state doesnt want to lose the exclusivity of justice in the eyes of its citizens so they act like they dont tolerate those behaviours, however the desperate times we live in require a powerful police state that has no boundaries and its ok as long as the people dont realise it.

In conclusion, if you are a cop you see this first hand and if you like justice you end up not being a cop. There is no good cop cut that bullshit. As long as you are a cop you either do crimes against citizens and democracy (bad cop) or remain silent watching colleagues do the crimes (good cop). In my eyes both are bad. What'd you think?  

PS: We are talking about street cops and those above them. Especially riot police.

I'm think I'm glad I don't live in Greece, where I can't get capitals in my hands.

Tufty

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -26
« Reply #79 on: August 23, 2012, 01:03:19 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I'm think I'm glad I don't live in Greece, where I can't get capitals in my hands.
Well pack your bags quickly cause thats what happens in the last 3 years with the bail-out  agreements.

AssBandit

• Rep: 60
  • trip ouuuuttt brooooo...
« Reply #80 on: August 23, 2012, 06:11:54 PM »
The only time i've called the cops for anything was when my scooter got stolen.  There has NEVER been a time where the police got involved that made a situation better.  They are there to arrest.  If you think that your shit got stolen, broken into, etc and you want justice, go get that shit on your own.  They're not going to do shit for you unless someone got killed, and even then if the evidence isn't right in front of their face nothing will happen.   Now, that just might be an isolated incident, but in my experiences the above holds true.  They're lazy and hate doing their job.  Once in a while they get to bust some heads. 

FUKK KKKOPs