Author Topic: 30/30- Apparition Skate, ATX (+ Sieben/Kerr art show)  (Read 803 times)

Schismatic

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 4
30/30- Apparition Skate, ATX (+ Sieben/Kerr art show)
« on: August 13, 2012, 11:34:28 AM »
They sell shoes and gear so I think this section is appropriate. The attached "day at the shop" vid pretty much sums up the feel of the place- hang out, mess around, have fun, skate.

http://business.transworld.net/106610/features/3030-apparition-skateboards-works-to-keep-it-local/

Anyone in the area please stop in. Your locals need your support.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2012, 11:07:05 PM by Schismatic »

mikerox

• Rep: -1
Re: 30/30 - Apparition Skate, ATX
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2012, 07:05:28 PM »
whatever you do, dont go to tekgnar!

violentpizza

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -69
  • pregnant pussy
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2012, 07:42:40 PM »
I go to no comply for the simple fact that you get free grip when you buy a deck. And they have a better selection.

dankradschwag

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2012, 07:02:06 AM »
I go to no comply for the simple fact that you get free grip when you buy a deck. And they have a better selection.

no comply's so hip right now

violentpizza

• SLAP Pal
  • pregnant pussy
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2012, 08:53:42 AM »
Free grip is hip.  ;D

violentpizza

• SLAP Pal
  • pregnant pussy
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2012, 08:55:52 AM »
And yes. Fuck tekgnar. It's a clothing store with some hardgoods.

Schismatic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 4
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2012, 11:04:28 PM »
For you TX heads: I posted in the Events section about about an upcoming art exhibition. Since that area gets looked over a lot I'll attach the flyer again here.

With the plug out of the way... No Comply is obviously Austin's most popular shop and it's good one for sure. Many towns don't have any decent shops but we have 2 really good ones, and some kinda questionable ones so we're lucky. Before comparing No Comply and Apparition its important to recognize the many differences. No Comply has been in the game longer and has the luxury of being a block from house park. That's pretty huge, lots of easy business. Still, Apparition has a good hard goods selection, I never have trouble finding a board I love and I can count on them to always have gear from some harder to find brands like Shipyard and Cockfight, in addition to the tried and true like DLX. They're also the best place to go for shaped boards like 80's reissues and Welcome type stuff, including shaped shop decks.

What really makes me favor Apparition is how much they give back, even though they're far from swimming in $$ they still manage to host and sponsor more events then any other shop in town. And not just contests and demos, music, art, BBQ's, whatever. Also, after going there a couple times and chatting with Troy and whoever's lurking around it's a comfortable place to hang out, drink preferred beverages on the ramp, skate the parking block, and it has the most welcoming vibe you could imagine. Of course, come in, act like a customer and you get treated well, like a customer. Open up a little dialogue though and you'll see how humble and hospitable the crew is.

At least check the place out if you haven't been there recently. Us crazy skaters are often super loyal to shops but if more than 1 local is worthy of supporting then there's nothing wrong with getting the best of both worlds.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2012, 07:16:52 AM by Schismatic »