Author Topic: Creature's Symmetrical Boards  (Read 5687 times)

dickmove

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -1
Creature's Symmetrical Boards
« on: August 20, 2012, 06:26:04 AM »

Identical nose and tail.  Why not?  I'm tempted to give this gimmick a try.

the snake

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 350
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Re: Creature's Symmetrical Boards
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2012, 06:38:59 AM »
great idea! i'll try if i find one at that local shop...

ivegotlevitation

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2012, 07:21:15 AM »
I had one of those Element symmetrical boards that was a pro model for two different people a long time ago. never buying one again. identical nose and tail fucked everything up for me.

Shesty

• Rep: -8
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2012, 08:01:58 AM »

Identical nose and tail.  Why not?  I'm tempted to give this gimmick a try.
not a gimmick, just different and odd shape

Archers of Chaka

• Rep: -10
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2012, 08:02:33 AM »
Every creature deck I've skated or seen has always had a super huge nose and smaller tail, and that's how I like my boards. My tricks (especially kickflips) always work out better on boards with a huge, steep and fat nose. More room to flick off of I guess. Plus it feels way more comfortable and stable to me.

My local shop ran a symmetrical shape on their shop decks for a while and I remember hating them. Just couldn't get any of my tricks to work on that shape. I need a big nose dammit!

the snake

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 350
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2012, 10:01:20 AM »
Every creature deck I've skated or seen has always had a super huge nose and smaller tail, and that's how I like my boards. My tricks (especially kickflips) always work out better on boards with a huge, steep and fat nose. More room to flick off of I guess. Plus it feels way more comfortable and stable to me.

My local shop ran a symmetrical shape on their shop decks for a while and I remember hating them. Just couldn't get any of my tricks to work on that shape. I need a big nose dammit!
and what about two big noses?(no homo ;D)

Schismatic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 4
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2012, 10:33:51 AM »
It's funny seeing companies going back to this idea. Perfectly symmetirical boards were an improvement in the times of the "Double Vision" model and the Hensley twin-kick, but back then the standard board had a tail that was bigger than the nose so those models were ahead of their time.

I haven't seen any of the Creature ones but I didn't like the look of the Mystery symmetry decks that were out a while back. I like a big friggin' tail, but slightly smaller than my nose (6.75"T and 7"N is perfect) but just as important as the size of the nose/tail is that they're shaped differently. I look for a nose that's a little more broad and tail that's slightly pointier than the nose. Again though, similar with subtle size/shape differences but differences nonetheless.

I Can't Think

• Rep: 31
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2012, 03:31:42 PM »
Mystery does the same thing: http://skateparkoftampa.com/product/55851/Mystery_Green_Tom_Asta_Symmetry_Deck/&CID=11

Friend of mine has one, he actually really enjoyed it for lines; you can do shuv's and varials and not worry about setting up for and upcoming ledge/rail on the wrong/other end.

The creature graphic actually looks sick though, not just a another logo like most boards from most companies these days.

Spike Hawke

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2012, 03:53:01 PM »
Mystery does the same thing: http://skateparkoftampa.com/product/55851/Mystery_Green_Tom_Asta_Symmetry_Deck/&CID=11

Friend of mine has one, he actually really enjoyed it for lines; you can do shuv's and varials and not worry about setting up for and upcoming ledge/rail on the wrong/other end.

The creature graphic actually looks sick though, not just a another logo like most boards from most companies these days.
Thats all good, but I definately know my front truck from my back. Thus my board feels different for setting up, so I dont think this would work for me. plus I dont think Creature do boards smaller than 8"

Schismatic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 4
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2012, 04:39:32 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Thats all good, but I definately know my front truck from my back. Thus my board feels different for setting up, so I dont think this.would work for me. plus I dont think Creature do boards smaller than 8"

Creature makes 7.75-7.86" decks, at one time I thinking they had a 7.5 grommet board too. Not many people under age 12 ride <8" boards and I don't think Creature is trying to corner the prepubescent
market so not surprised you don't see a lot of their skinny decks.

I also ride my front truck looser than back so like to look down and tell nose from tail. I'd like to see one of these up close though, if it had about a 6.78 nose/tail that might be cool. Anything less and the nose (technically that would be front, not "nose" I guess?) would feel too small.

Spike Hawke

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2012, 02:39:54 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
Thats all good, but I definately know my front truck from my back. Thus my board feels different for setting up, so I dont think this.would work for me. plus I dont think Creature do boards smaller than 8"
[close]

Creature makes 7.75-7.86" decks, at one time I thinking they had a 7.5 grommet board too. Not many people under age 12 ride <8" boards and I don't think Creature is trying to corner the prepubescent
market so not surprised you don't see a lot of their skinny decks.

I also ride my front truck looser than back so like to look down and tell nose from tail. I'd like to see one of these up close though, if it had about a 6.78 nose/tail that might be cool. Anything less and the nose (technically that would be front, not "nose" I guess?) would feel too small.
I wish I still had my knees from the pre-pubescent era. After skating for more years than I care to remember, when yyou get to 35 I think I have found my size of board, 7.75 all the way. And if I keep rollin for another 20 years its still gonna be on 7.75s with a big nose and a smaller tail.

S.E.

« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2012, 10:14:14 PM »
Plan B did this a couple years ago.  I wanna try it

Mad Lauder

• Rep: 37
  • RIP SLIM DUNKIN
    • THEWORST avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2012, 05:03:54 PM »
As a man who skates his boards with out worrying which is the tail and which is the nose i think this would be perfect for me and all others like me.
I dont recall ever putting on anything Southpole in my life.
http://soundcloud.com/theworst

Strike A Pose

• Rep: -613
  • Get slapped!
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2012, 06:59:01 PM »
I've been interested in trying a symmetrical deck for a while but I think I'm too familiar with a larger nose for my switch tricks.

I need that deep pocket to get the leverage needed to equalize the lack of power/timing in my opposite foot