Author Topic: no pops board in the new wallride catalog  (Read 16865 times)

pica

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -36
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
no pops board in the new wallride catalog
« on: August 29, 2012, 06:04:14 PM »
so, not a single pops board while gino has six (6!!!) graphics out.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2012, 06:06:29 PM by pica »

SUPERNAUT

• Rep: -70
  • suck it
    • Max Hates Your Favorite Movies avatar image
Re: no pops board in the new wallride catalog
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2012, 06:10:51 PM »
Don't you mean Paps?

maxhatesyourfavoritemovies.blogspot.com

via

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 239
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2012, 06:17:58 PM »
I'm still a fan, but it's not all that surprising he would get dropped if he isn't really doing his job to the level he needs to be. Though, Girl/Chocolate guys take care of their own long after their prime, which I have no problem with, so it is a little weird.

Hopefully he's still got stuff in the video.

A.J.K.

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2012, 06:19:11 PM »
Why is this a thread, it has been brought up in every Pappalardo thread recently.

HairyCunt

• Rep: -348
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2012, 06:24:55 PM »
I dont think Pops ever fit on that team, even Alex Olson is a stretch.  Biebel, Eldridge, MJ, Mike Mo, Corey Kennedy, Malto, Koston, Roberts. It's jock nation over there.   He's too cool for that team.  Girl/Chocolate has always been the jockest team in skateboarding, they have this fantasy that theyre not every once in a while starting with Sheffey. They''ve tried to brand themselves as well rounded over the years with B.A., McCrank, and now Berle and Raven but they are always gonna be the cleancut skate jocks. They're not Lennie Kirk, Ethan Fowler, Fred Gall, Sean Sheffey, Wade Burkitt, Tim Upson, Heath Kirchart, Julien Stranger,  etc.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2012, 06:34:56 PM by HarryCrews »

Lurkatron

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2012, 07:07:20 PM »

Oh his pro model is in here though^

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 315
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2012, 07:10:16 PM »
Link?
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

SUPERNAUT

• suck it
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2012, 07:18:27 PM »
I dont think Pops ever fit on that team, even Alex Olson is a stretch.  Biebel, Eldridge, MJ, Mike Mo, Corey Kennedy, Malto, Koston, Roberts. It's jock nation over there.   He's too cool for that team.  Girl/Chocolate has always been the jockest team in skateboarding, they have this fantasy that theyre not every once in a while starting with Sheffey. They''ve tried to brand themselves as well rounded over the years with B.A., McCrank, and now Berle and Raven but they are always gonna be the cleancut skate jocks. They're not Lennie Kirk, Ethan Fowler, Fred Gall, Sean Sheffey, Wade Burkitt, Tim Upson, Heath Kirchart, Julien Stranger,  etc.
I've read special education book reports that weren't this stupid.

No mongz

• Rep: -6
  • Wait, what?

Paul Cicero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -295
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2012, 08:27:21 PM »

Just stop.

sid vicious

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 63
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2012, 08:36:32 PM »
it's just drop 2.....they do a few a year & one-off graphics too,

just read the gino quarter snacks interview, he said girl & choc back whoever until they go off on the wrong path & then drop decks and pay cut, but when there ready to skate again they have there back fully.

.....good dudes.

Hate_Then_Skate

• Rep: -9
  • Steven Seagal with a Desert Eagle
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2012, 09:33:02 PM »
I dont think Pops ever fit on that team, even Alex Olson is a stretch.  Biebel, Eldridge, MJ, Mike Mo, Corey Kennedy, Malto, Koston, Roberts. It's jock nation over there.   He's too cool for that team.  Girl/Chocolate has always been the jockest team in skateboarding, they have this fantasy that theyre not every once in a while starting with Sheffey. They''ve tried to brand themselves as well rounded over the years with B.A., McCrank, and now Berle and Raven but they are always gonna be the cleancut skate jocks. They're not Lennie Kirk, Ethan Fowler, Fred Gall, Sean Sheffey, Wade Burkitt, Tim Upson, Heath Kirchart, Julien Stranger,  etc.
Every once in a while you have a fantasy that your head isn't stuck firmly up your own ass.
This isn't the 90's anymore. ESPN, Nike and Mountain Dew are Big Brother, Es and beer. Time to slip into some comfy New Balances and head towards old age.

Mat

• Rep: -14
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2012, 10:29:48 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

that is the perfect response

HairyCunt

• Rep: -348
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2012, 10:40:18 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Don't get upset.

SUPERNAUT

• suck it
« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2012, 11:53:02 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

Don't get upset.
No one's upset. This is a place for good times!
« Last Edit: August 30, 2012, 12:25:13 AM by SUPERNAUT »

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

Pete

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 719
  • Free Max B
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2012, 12:30:19 AM »
post the gino boards young'n :o
FREE MAX B

hellmanovo

« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2012, 01:11:30 AM »
just because girls image doesn't involve a bunch of 25+ year old dudes smoking bongs, or clips that fade tarantulas and shit in and out of transitions doesn't make them a jock company

White Owl

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 10
« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2012, 01:38:35 AM »
just because girls image doesn't involve a bunch of 25+ year old dudes smoking bongs, or clips that fade tarantulas and shit in and out of transitions doesn't make them a jock company

pretty much everyone on girl smokes weed....ALOT. they just have that girl look. There all smiley best buds have to be the best at everything, tricks,films,ads etc. jock is appropriate, but they are still rad

Paul Cicero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -295
« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2012, 02:32:55 AM »
Plan B are the jocks of skating.

Hercules Rockefeller

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -13
  • i`m a double-bacon-genius-burger.
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2012, 02:58:59 AM »

this. girl/chocolate/crailtap gives me the feeling that they all go out together and have chill sessions that end up in doing insane stuff.

plan b gives me the feeling that they all train in their own training facilities and then go out with their filmer/photographer to do the trick, then straight back to the TF.

mr cheese

« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2012, 03:06:54 AM »
blah blah blah

RCB3

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 426
« Reply #22 on: August 30, 2012, 08:43:07 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
blah blah blah crooked grinds are the killer. you got a fucking crookie monster veering it's ugly head

Irvine-Sucks.com

Hatechild

« Reply #23 on: August 30, 2012, 10:20:53 AM »
Pops has been done for sometime. Let's move on folks.

floop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -28
  • the things I do for my fucking friends!
« Reply #24 on: August 30, 2012, 10:33:50 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

isn't that kind of a self-burn though?  or is that what you meant
"Every time I read one of your shitty posts I wonder why I am wasting my time looking at SLAP."

The Ghost of Lenny Kirk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -146
« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2012, 10:40:06 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

this. girl/chocolate/crailtap gives me the feeling that they all go out together and have chill sessions that end up in doing insane stuff.

plan b gives me the feeling that they all train in their own training facilities and then go out with their filmer/photographer to do the trick, then straight back to the TF.

but thats exactly what happened with the crailtap guys when they were filming for fully flared....and now pretty sweet. and youre gonna say you dont get a jock vibe from crailtap? crailtap is a whole production. the only difference between them and plan b is that plan b doesnt have the kind of marketing crailtap has. i mean, almost all the girl guys have their own TFs....c'mon.

the only real family vibe i get from all of skateboarding is enjoi and maaybe baker but thats it. the word family when associated with any other skateboarding team is very hollow and superficial.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2012, 10:52:12 AM by The Ghost of Lenny Kirk »

Canuck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 348
« Reply #26 on: August 30, 2012, 10:43:45 AM »
Would you say he burnt out, or faded away?

ttching!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 65214
  • Smilin' Mercenary
« Reply #27 on: August 30, 2012, 10:51:20 AM »

Lost his marbles.

SUPERNAUT

• suck it
« Reply #28 on: August 30, 2012, 11:16:43 AM »
Seeing as how he's not dead, or in jail, or homeless, or a born again christian, or anything, I'm gonna go with faded away

Hercules Rockefeller

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -13
  • i`m a double-bacon-genius-burger.
« Reply #29 on: August 30, 2012, 11:18:32 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

but thats exactly what happened with the crailtap guys when they were filming for fully flared....and now pretty sweet. and youre gonna say you dont get a jock vibe from crailtap? crailtap is a whole production. the only difference between them and plan b is that plan b doesnt have the kind of marketing crailtap has. i mean, almost all the girl guys have their own TFs....c'mon.

the only real family vibe i get from all of skateboarding is enjoi and maaybe baker but thats it. the word family when associated with any other skateboarding team is very hollow and superficial.

of course it may well be that those guys are doing the whole TF stuff, i just said that thats the vibe i get from them (which means that their marketing technique at least works for me...)

i think that its really hard for larger companies to stay "families", this seems to be the state of things for smaller upstart companies as it seems. which makes sense.