Author Topic: Dark Knight shooter converts to Islam  (Read 3498 times)

fulfillthedream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 312
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

Merked

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -157
Re: Dark Knight shooter converts to Islam
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2013, 12:15:12 PM »
Another example of a maniac using religion to justify their actions.  Fuck religion.  Fuck Atheism.  Fuck You.  This dude's eyes give me the creeps like a mother fucker.
I suck at SLAP.

e.d.

• Rep: 65
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2013, 12:42:58 PM »
I like that their source is the national enquirer.

fulfillthedream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 312
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2013, 01:05:20 PM »

good call. didn't even see that. this article is funny in many ways. i havent seen too many updates on his trial except this shit
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

foureyedjim

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2013, 01:14:10 PM »

I wonder if media people ever feel guilt perpetuating this cycle of giving murderers attention, which induces other attention seeking psychos to do try and attain the same amount of attention.

Sometimes I think I would be much happier if I just lived "off the grid" and be a hippy-woodsman.

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 719
  • F.A.P. - Forever Alone Party
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2013, 01:19:12 PM »
Another example of a maniac using religion to justify their actions.  Fuck religion.  Fuck Atheism.  Fuck You.  This dude's eyes give me the creeps like a mother fucker.

Are you regular?

Also, why is this news?
Before you say the music sucked, have you considered shutting the fuck up?

malibu hamish

• Rep: -11
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2013, 01:23:53 PM »
This dudes appearance is all an act to get an insanity plea. He is crazy but he should go to the big house and be killed prison style.

swagdragon123

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -105
  • I take my internet usernames xtremly serious
    • HOBOHOGAN avatar image
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2013, 02:43:52 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I wonder if media people ever feel guilt perpetuating this cycle of giving murderers attention, which induces other attention seeking psychos to do try and attain the same amount of attention.

Sometimes I think I would be much happier if I just lived "off the grid" and be a hippy-woodsman.
i think about that alot lately. especially because of slap, sometimes i get a head ache from all these social networks i just want to find my own desert island and just get away (as predictable as that sounds)

nino brown

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1416
  • only nerds kook people
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2013, 02:59:54 PM »
mk-ultra victim poor guy

this shouldnt be a topic due to the national enquirer link

ben shraider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -264
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2013, 03:07:50 PM »
Expand Quote
Another example of a maniac using religion to justify their actions.  Fuck religion.  Fuck Atheism.  Fuck You.  This dude's eyes give me the creeps like a mother fucker.
[close]

Are you regular?

Also, why is this news?

Atheists are at least as bad as super religious people. Both annoy the fuck out of everybody

Believing in God is just as religious as believing in not believing in god, neither of them can be proven right or wrong by any argument.

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2013, 04:38:20 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Are you regular?

Also, why is this news?
[close]

Atheists are at least as bad as super religious people. Both annoy the fuck out of everybody

Believing in God is just as religious as believing in not believing in god, neither of them can be proven right or wrong by any argument.

No. No, it really isn't. Atheism isn't about knowledge, it's about the absence of belief. You would do well to understand the difference. You can have many opinions or beliefs regarding religion. You can be a deist, an agnostic, a positive atheist, or a number of any other labels, but if you are not religious then you are an atheist by default. Being an atheist is not to say there is no god, but to say you don't believe in a god and pay no heed to any theistic doctrines. That's why the word is a(without)theism(belief in at least one god). If one was actively against religion then they'd be an anti(against)theism.

All this anti atheist backlash on the internet is fucking stupid. To even suggest that a vocal minority of assholes on the internet are anywhere near as bad as religion is goddamn insane. Or did I miss the that part in my text books about genocides and wars done on the basis of non-religion? Maybe there was a story in the news about the atheist hierarchy raping children.

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3325
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2013, 05:00:28 PM »
mk-ultra victim poor guy

this shouldnt be a topic due to the national enquirer link

Every article in the national enquirer deserves its own thread here on Slap.

Beer Keg Peg Leg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -35
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2013, 05:03:00 PM »
he just wants to hang out with tupac in heaven

wallieD

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -191
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2013, 06:47:49 PM »
speaking of killers did anyone else see this from the ohio school shooter

swagdragon123

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -105
  • I take my internet usernames xtremly serious
    • HOBOHOGAN avatar image
« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2013, 07:19:49 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

this fuckin' guy
what exactly did he say?

wallieD

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -191
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2013, 07:45:08 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

this fuckin' guy
[close]
what exactly did he say?

?The hand that pulled the trigger that killed your sons now masturbates to the memory. Fuck all of you.?

Thrillho

• Rep: 133
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2013, 08:28:34 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Are you regular?

Also, why is this news?
[close]

[close]

No. No, it really isn't. Atheism isn't about knowledge, it's about the absence of belief. You would do well to understand the difference. You can have many opinions or beliefs regarding religion. You can be a deist, an agnostic, a positive atheist, or a number of any other labels, but if you are not religious then you are an atheist by default. Being an atheist is not to say there is no god, but to say you don't believe in a god and pay no heed to any theistic doctrines. That's why the word is a(without)theism(belief in at least one god). If one was actively against religion then they'd be an anti(against)theism.

All this anti atheist backlash on the internet is fucking stupid. To even suggest that a vocal minority of assholes on the internet are anywhere near as bad as religion is goddamn insane. Or did I miss the that part in my text books about genocides and wars done on the basis of non-religion? Maybe there was a story in the news about the atheist hierarchy raping children.

You have confused agnostic with atheist.  Atheism, defined by Webster "1. The doctrine or belief that there is no God."  You saying abstract math can prove something is no different than someone saying God told them something.  You must have missed that chapter on Stalin in your text book.  Penn State, a hierarchy in education devoid of any religion, raped many children.  You don't know anything, Intelligence Face.

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2013, 09:07:08 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Are you regular?

Also, why is this news?
[close]

[close]

[close]

You have confused agnostic with atheist.  Atheism, defined by Webster "1. The doctrine or belief that there is no God."  You saying abstract math can prove something is no different than someone saying God told them something.  You must have missed that chapter on Stalin in your text book.  Penn State, a hierarchy in education devoid of any religion, raped many children.  You don't know anything, Intelligence Face.
Did the lack of a god compel Stalin to kill people? Was the Penn State scandal totally avoidable had the institution been religious? Are these serious questions?
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

Beer Keg Peg Leg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -35
« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2013, 09:13:46 PM »
Thrillho is an idiot. Everything he says descends into an endless spiral of  post-modern relativism that says that there are no objective truths and even if there are we can never know them. It's pseudo-intellectual and lazy, because it means you never have to grapple with any real complex concepts because nothing is worth 'knowing'. Don't pay him any attention.

Fine Young Cannibal

• Rep: 49
« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2013, 09:17:30 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Are you regular?

Also, why is this news?
[close]

[close]

[close]

Disregarding the absolute nonsense at the end of your post, you fail to realize that atheism and agnosticism aren't mutually exclusive.  Theism/atheism is in reference to belief while gnosticism/agnosticism is in reference to knowledge.  One can be an agnostic atheist, gnostic theist, or any other combination of the terms.

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2013, 09:23:00 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Another example of a maniac using religion to justify their actions.  Fuck religion.  Fuck Atheism.  Fuck You.  This dude's eyes give me the creeps like a mother fucker.
[close]

Are you regular?

Also, why is this news?
[close]

[close]

[close]

You have confused agnostic with atheist.  Atheism, defined by Webster "1. The doctrine or belief that there is no God."  You saying abstract math can prove something is no different than someone saying God told them something.  You must have missed that chapter on Stalin in your text book.  Penn State, a hierarchy in education devoid of any religion, raped many children.  You don't know anything, Intelligence Face.
Stalin didn't kill based on his atheism and Sandusky wasn't raping kids because god told him to. While both the Catholic church and Penn State hid the actions of the guilty, last I checked one person molesting kids is different than the systemic rape of children over many generations by people that are supposed to saving your immortal soul. Did you miss the entire part where I talked about the difference between knowledge and belief? Your quote from Webster is exactly what I said. No one says they know there is no god as that is impossible. To be an atheist is to not believe in god and have religion divorced from your life. But no, you're right, and all my philosophy teachers were wrong. Calling atheism a religion is fucking insane. It's like saying people who don't play sports are playing sports by not playing sports. Or if I didn't argue with you, that in itself would be an argument and so I'm arguing with you.

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2013, 09:29:08 PM »

Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

Thrillho

« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2013, 09:29:20 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Are you regular?

Also, why is this news?
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
Did the lack of a god compel Stalin to kill people? Was the Penn State scandal totally avoidable had the institution been religious? Are these serious questions?

I would hope not, considering my argument is that people are people and will rape and kill systematically in any belief structure given the opportunity. 

Thrillho is an idiot. Everything he says descends into an endless spiral of  post-modern relativism that says that there are no objective truths and even if there are we can never know them. It's pseudo-intellectual and lazy, because it means you never have to grapple with any real complex concepts because nothing is worth 'knowing'. Don't pay him any attention.

It's not that it isn't worth knowing.  I don't believe you can know anything.  It does give a real answer, unlike theology or science.  People go at it like they're going to figure out the reason for why they are.  It never worked for anyone else.  If it makes you feel like you have a purpose, who am I to stop anyone?  Just know that everything you can come up with was created by man, and the smartest of us is still not anywhere smart enough to figure our way out of whatever this is.

Merked

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2013, 09:29:52 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Are you regular?

Also, why is this news?
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
Disregarding the absolute nonsense at the end of your post, you fail to realize that atheism and agnosticism aren't mutually exclusive.  Theism/atheism is in reference to belief while gnosticism/agnosticism is in reference to knowledge.  One can be an agnostic atheist, gnostic theist, or any other combination of the terms.

Lol, since my comment started this spiral, I would just like to make my point.  The reason I said "Fuck Atheism" is because I believe any religious denomination to be fucking moronic.  One might say that Atheism isn't a religious denomination and to that I would say "Not believing in God" is still "believing" in something.  The fact of the matter is that we have no fucking idea when this world means or what is after it.  You can argue that science provides details to what happens after death, but that is all in theory. 

Moreover, Atheists love to point out to religious people that they don't believe in God and that religious people are wrong.  Just like you had to call me regular for saying fuck Atheism.  It is fucking hilarious.  You ideologies regarding whatever may happen after death is your own fucking business.  Labeling yourself as a specific sect and claiming that is what you believe is fucking asinine because we haven't the slightest clue about anything.  If it makes you happy, then fine; but, keep that shit to yourself and don't belittle me because I don't like the concept of faith in something we have no knowledge of. 

In summary, you may be the regular one.   ;D ;D
I suck at SLAP.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2013, 09:56:50 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Are you regular?

Also, why is this news?
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

Lol, since my comment started this spiral, I would just like to make my point.  The reason I said "Fuck Atheism" is because I believe any religious denomination to be fucking moronic.  One might say that Atheism isn't a religious denomination and to that I would say "Not believing in God" is still "believing" in something.  The fact of the matter is that we have no fucking idea when this world means or what is after it.  You can argue that science provides details to what happens after death, but that is all in theory. 

Moreover, Atheists love to point out to religious people that they don't believe in God and that religious people are wrong.  Just like you had to call me regular for saying fuck Atheism.  It is fucking hilarious.  You ideologies regarding whatever may happen after death is your own fucking business.  Labeling yourself as a specific sect and claiming that is what you believe is fucking asinine because we haven't the slightest clue about anything.  If it makes you happy, then fine; but, keep that shit to yourself and don't belittle me because I don't like the concept of faith in something we have no knowledge of. 

So what is the ideology of atheism? What about the dogma? Doctrine? What questions about life and existence does it claim to answer? (Please note- science and atheism are two different things, evolution was not the product of atheism, it was the product of scientific study, without god getting in the way)

A lack of belief is not another belief, it is, by definition, a lack of belief.

I feel like religious people don't quite get what atheism means due to how much of a place religion has in their life. You need to realize that the atheists you imagine don't exist. When 99.99999% of people say they are atheist, what they mean is they don't practice any religion or think any concept of god makes sense. To us, God is about equal in our mind as the tooth fairy, santa claus, or the easter bunny. You might as well say people who don't believe in the easter bunny as adults are just as silly as people who believe in the easter bunny, because both have an opinion on the easter bunny.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

Thrillho

« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2013, 10:17:23 PM »
Atheism, defined by Webster "1. The doctrine or belief that there is no God."

As painful as it must be to admit...
you should probably just admit you are putting belief in something, or come up with a new word; as much as hurts to hear all the little differences in antidahlitheocraticmonotheisms.  Sounds more like Dungeons and Dragons... which is kind of like atheism too, I guess.  Got your math, logic, odds, stats and such.

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #26 on: March 21, 2013, 10:24:56 PM »
...Jesus...

Merked

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #27 on: March 22, 2013, 07:32:53 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Are you regular?

Also, why is this news?
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
So what is the ideology of atheism? What about the dogma? Doctrine? What questions about life and existence does it claim to answer? (Please note- science and atheism are two different things, evolution was not the product of atheism, it was the product of scientific study, without god getting in the way)

A lack of belief is not another belief, it is, by definition, a lack of belief.

I feel like religious people don't quite get what atheism means due to how much of a place religion has in their life. You need to realize that the atheists you imagine don't exist. When 99.99999% of people say they are atheist, what they mean is they don't practice any religion or think any concept of god makes sense. To us, God is about equal in our mind as the tooth fairy, santa claus, or the easter bunny. You might as well say people who don't believe in the easter bunny as adults are just as silly as people who believe in the easter bunny, because both have an opinion on the easter bunny.

I like this alot.

I was just making the point that I have seen first hand people who claim to be Aethist bullying--for lack of a better term--people who believe in a higher power.  I just dislike the concept of labeling ourselves by anything that they "believe in."  It is the same concept as race except without the physical characteristics.  By labeling ourselves as black, white, christian, aethist, we just open ourselves up to arguments about nothing.  It can also lead to shit, as seen with racist people and religious activists.

I really like what you said though Reagan.  It gives me a better understanding of what being Aethist means.  I have friends who are Aethist that used similiar examples to yours. 

So, the reason I said fuck religion and fuck Aethism is because I dislike when people who claim themselves to be something.  No reason to label yourself to the world.  That is your own personal buisness.  If a religious fanatic or Atheist came up to me and asked me what I believed in, I would be like, "None of your fucking business."  I like that.
I suck at SLAP.

ben shraider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -264
« Reply #28 on: March 22, 2013, 09:22:33 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Are you regular?

Also, why is this news?
[close]

[close]

[close]

You have confused agnostic with atheist.  Atheism, defined by Webster "1. The doctrine or belief that there is no God."  You saying abstract math can prove something is no different than someone saying God told them something.  You must have missed that chapter on Stalin in your text book.  Penn State, a hierarchy in education devoid of any religion, raped many children.  You don't know anything, Intelligence Face.
[close]
Stalin didn't kill based on his atheism and Sandusky wasn't raping kids because god told him to. While both the Catholic church and Penn State hid the actions of the guilty, last I checked one person molesting kids is different than the systemic rape of children over many generations by people that are supposed to saving your immortal soul. Did you miss the entire part where I talked about the difference between knowledge and belief? Your quote from Webster is exactly what I said. No one says they know there is no god as that is impossible. To be an atheist is to not believe in god and have religion divorced from your life. But no, you're right, and all my philosophy teachers were wrong. Calling atheism a religion is fucking insane. It's like saying people who don't play sports are playing sports by not playing sports. Or if I didn't argue with you, that in itself would be an argument and so I'm arguing with you.

Religion doesn't make people do crazy thing, crazy people just set religion as an excuse to what they're doing. Not believing in god is just as much about believing, as believing in god. There is no way anybody is gonna prove anything, so the only rational decision is to accept that i can never get the answer to this question, so therefore there is no reason to even think about the whole thing. I'm not an atheist, nor am I believing in god, because I don't know shit about how the world works and nobody on this planet knows any more about this subject as I do. Atheists are the people that can't accept this way of thinking and they believe that they are right about it and annoy the crap about everybody with their feeling of superioty.

Seamus_McShamebag

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 855
« Reply #29 on: March 22, 2013, 10:35:23 AM »
If there is such a thing as an anti-theist then you can mark me down for the cause.  Maybe it depends and where and when you grew up but I am sure there are plenty of folks who can relate to spending a lot of thier childhood being pressured into adopting whatever religion was the most ingrained in thier locale. 

Plenty of alienation can come out of that and the most fucked up part is that adults would do that to kids in the name of religion and coercion.  My parents never pulled any of that shit but I grew up in Texas with huge churches everywhere and christianity got tied into everything including school.  I would question shit or refuse to participate and get the full-on blasphemer treatment from grown adults.  These situations breed the vocal Atheists.  Some of us have grown into proud Heathens and have an axe to grind on the whole religion thing.