Author Topic: Green Day's Billy Joe freaks out at festival, smashes guitar.  (Read 13107 times)

krewkruxklan

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 17
    • SUPRFI$CAL avatar image
Re: Green Day's Billy Joe freaks out at festival, smashes guitar.
« Reply #30 on: September 23, 2012, 12:47:05 PM »

cats is nice but I aint seen god since hova spit that navy blue to me
SUPRFI$CAL

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1959
« Reply #31 on: September 23, 2012, 01:19:39 PM »

Joust Ostrich

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 664
  • Speculatnaciousness?
« Reply #32 on: September 23, 2012, 02:16:08 PM »
Well, I'm going to go to the skatepark now.  If I get cut off I will certainly be bitching up a storm, smashing my skateboard, then going to rehab.

See you when I get out.
I'm posting from my blackberry wtf?!?!?

thepman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -94
« Reply #33 on: September 23, 2012, 02:45:43 PM »
early green day is some of the best music of the last 25 years, dookie, nimrod and insomniac are fantastic albums.
skating is all about choosing your outfit very deliberately, going out in public. looking super sick. and then riding your board a little bit

steve

• Rep: 45
« Reply #34 on: September 23, 2012, 05:00:28 PM »
early green day is some of the best music of the last 25 years, dookie, nimrod and insomniac are fantastic albums.

fuck that. I'm not going to offer a list of better "best music of the last 25 years" but Greenday is a horrible remnant of the mid 90s mainstreaming of or creation of pop punk. In 95 Rancid got on the alternative airwaves with ...and out come the wolves. it drops bag a diarrhea and rusty syringes on any of those albums. I'm not even trying to argue that it's their best record either, Let's Go! and the first album are killer.

Tim Armstrong went the right route with epitaph and then hellcat, well, the transplants suck shit, and you've got this fuckstick prancing around being "punk." Fuck that. Fuck Greenday. And Fuck the idea that they have made fantastic albums.

Paper Crane

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 115
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #35 on: September 23, 2012, 05:20:30 PM »
lik dis if u cry everytim

BuddyPal

« Reply #36 on: September 23, 2012, 06:58:41 PM »
green day havin a bad day yo

landCow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 91
« Reply #37 on: September 23, 2012, 07:00:01 PM »
lik dis if u cry everytim

played at every highschool graduation  ::)

BRIX SKWIKZ

« Last Edit: September 23, 2012, 08:00:48 PM by BRIX SKWIKZ »

weedpop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 308
« Reply #39 on: September 23, 2012, 07:51:04 PM »
Green Day are punk for people who don't like punk. There's so many bands out there that do similar things but better it's staggering to me that people would actually listen to them for any reason but '90s nostalgia.

baconeggandcheese

• Rep: 41
« Reply #40 on: September 23, 2012, 09:03:11 PM »
Your playing that show, with Usher or whoever the fuck it was, and taking it seriously in the first place.  So shut the fuck up.  If you are so pissed at mainstream music, don't play a show with people you don't like.
I actually did hit another skater in the face with my shoe once at a demo doing a shoes fly off kickflip but he was cool with it.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 124
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #41 on: September 24, 2012, 12:31:06 AM »
Your playing that show, with Usher or whoever the fuck it was, and taking it seriously in the first place.  So shut the fuck up.  If you are so pissed at mainstream music, don't play a show with people you don't like.

basically THIS ^^^
i mean they signed to a major back in the mid 90's, you'd think they'd be used to taking orders from "the man"  ???

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Jive Turkey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 93
« Reply #42 on: September 24, 2012, 12:50:19 AM »
Having your publicist apologize on Twitter for you is punk as fuck.

chockfullofthat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 176
« Reply #43 on: September 24, 2012, 06:11:54 AM »

Haha.  Only "substance abuse" could excuse how lame that freak out was.  He didn't even pull out his dick though so he must not of been that high.

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 158
« Reply #44 on: September 24, 2012, 08:50:34 AM »
Is ego a substance?

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

ttching!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 65214
  • Smilin' Mercenary
« Reply #45 on: September 24, 2012, 09:04:23 AM »
Is ego a substance?

Only when taken via suppository.

spungo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 137
  • Lord Ganesha
« Reply #46 on: September 24, 2012, 09:29:30 AM »
In 1994 I got the Dookie flower tattooed over my heart.  It's burning right now due to rehab sympathy.  Maybe I should have gone with the Jawbreaker tattoo so I could have more cred 18 years later.
do more yoga!

Beeda Weeda

« Reply #47 on: September 25, 2012, 05:41:14 AM »
green day was rad pre y2k

Sgt.Pepper

• Rep: -167
« Reply #48 on: September 25, 2012, 06:42:57 PM »
Their 1st three albums were pretty good. When I come around is still one of my favorite tunes from the 90's but that eyeliner shit is gay. The fact that some people think eyeliner is punk is horrible, I told my mom that i was gonna go to a punk show (I was seeing the angry samoans) she asked if I wanted to borrow some eyeliner. Boy I wanted to slap her for that.
"I'd be a teenage virgin, jerking off in my bedroom
 if I wasnt a 20 year old virgin that didn't have a bedroom."

HairyCunt

• Rep: -348
« Reply #49 on: September 25, 2012, 08:00:51 PM »
it's time for them to wrap it up.   you're not punk when you're playing for a corporate festival owned by Clear Channel.  stop pretending

The Ramones played Lollapalooza. Iggy Pop was on American Idol. They're not claiming to be Crass (Who would want to anyway?) What's punk? Playing to only 3 people in a parking garage in Pyongyang? Is Azealia Banks punk? Is Nirvana punk? Billy Idol? Bob Dylan? I don't think Green Day claim to be punk. Maybe they do, I dunno. Your point of view is juvenile. Is punk a sound? Image? Ideology? To be fair to Green Day, they're old albums are a lot more listenable than so called punk like Siouxsie and The Banshees, or even the Buzzcocks and way better than the ultimate pseudo punk like The Cure, The Talking Heads, The Police, you know, all the worst shit.  Secondly, no band stays good forever. Name one.  

This is undeniably great.  

I think some of you are mistaking Green Day for Good Charlotte or Blink 182.  (Looking at you Weedpop)
« Last Edit: September 25, 2012, 08:22:12 PM by HairyCunt »

BRIX SKWIKZ

« Reply #50 on: September 25, 2012, 08:51:40 PM »

« Reply #52 on: September 26, 2012, 11:31:19 AM »
Green day are the TLC of punk music.

gutterhead.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -15
« Reply #53 on: September 26, 2012, 12:32:32 PM »
Green day are the TLC of punk music.

Not sure if you're trying to insult or compliment them
IMO TLC is the shit.

floop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -28
  • the things I do for my fucking friends!
« Reply #54 on: September 26, 2012, 01:14:27 PM »
Expand Quote
it's time for them to wrap it up.   you're not punk when you're playing for a corporate festival owned by Clear Channel.  stop pretending
[close]

The Ramones played Lollapalooza. Iggy Pop was on American Idol. They're not claiming to be Crass (Who would want to anyway?) What's punk? Playing to only 3 people in a parking garage in Pyongyang? Is Azealia Banks punk? Is Nirvana punk? Billy Idol? Bob Dylan? I don't think Green Day claim to be punk. Maybe they do, I dunno. Your point of view is juvenile. Is punk a sound? Image? Ideology? To be fair to Green Day, they're old albums are a lot more listenable than so called punk like Siouxsie and The Banshees, or even the Buzzcocks and way better than the ultimate pseudo punk like The Cure, The Talking Heads, The Police, you know, all the worst shit.  Secondly, no band stays good forever. Name one.  

I think some of you are mistaking Green Day for Good Charlotte or Blink 182.  (Looking at you Weedpop)

having a tantrum and smashing your guitar is juvenile.   i don't think you have an understanding of what punk music is.  The Cure, Siouxsie and The Banshees and The Police would never be considered remotely punk, on any music historians list.  i suggest you delve into music history a bit.   The Buzzcocks were considered cheesy back in their heyday. 

yelling at the organizers of the venue/festival who are paying you is, in my opinion, trying to act punk.  only problem is it has the opposite effect in his case, making him look like a fucking tool.

Green Day has always sucked
"Every time I read one of your shitty posts I wonder why I am wasting my time looking at SLAP."

weedpop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 308
« Reply #55 on: September 26, 2012, 03:18:07 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Nope, not mistaking anything. Green Day just suck (though not as much as your knowledge of punk).

HairyCunt

« Reply #56 on: September 26, 2012, 04:36:51 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Nope, not mistaking anything. Green Day just suck (though not as much as your knowledge of punk).

D-U-M-B Everyone's accusing me!

« Last Edit: September 26, 2012, 04:39:10 PM by HairyCunt »

StabMasterArson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 774
« Reply #57 on: September 26, 2012, 06:42:15 PM »
Everyone has banged a girl who's favorite band was greenday.

HairyCunt

« Reply #58 on: September 26, 2012, 06:56:02 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

having a tantrum and smashing your guitar is juvenile.   i don't think you have an understanding of what punk music is.  The Cure, Siouxsie and The Banshees and The Police would never be considered remotely punk, on any music historians list.  i suggest you delve into music history a bit.   The Buzzcocks were considered cheesy back in their heyday.  

yelling at the organizers of the venue/festival who are paying you is, in my opinion, trying to act punk.  only problem is it has the opposite effect in his case, making him look like a fucking tool.

What is punk music?

steve

• Rep: 45
« Reply #59 on: September 26, 2012, 07:40:06 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

having a tantrum and smashing your guitar is juvenile.   i don't think you have an understanding of what punk music is.  The Cure, Siouxsie and The Banshees and The Police would never be considered remotely punk, on any music historians list.  i suggest you delve into music history a bit.   The Buzzcocks were considered cheesy back in their heyday.  

yelling at the organizers of the venue/festival who are paying you is, in my opinion, trying to act punk.  only problem is it has the opposite effect in his case, making him look like a fucking tool.

[close]

What is punk music?

An abortion B-B-Q is punk as fuck.

you really are, a Cunt.