Author Topic: Green Day's Billy Joe freaks out at festival, smashes guitar.  (Read 13110 times)

HairyCunt

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -348
Re: Green Day's Billy Joe freaks out at festival, smashes guitar.
« Reply #60 on: September 26, 2012, 08:18:20 PM »
Expand Quote
early green day is some of the best music of the last 25 years, dookie, nimrod and insomniac are fantastic albums.
[close]

fuck that. I'm not going to offer a list of better "best music of the last 25 years" but Greenday is a horrible remnant of the mid 90s mainstreaming of or creation of pop punk. In 95 Rancid got on the alternative airwaves with ...and out come the wolves. it drops bag a diarrhea and rusty syringes on any of those albums. I'm not even trying to argue that it's their best record either, Let's Go! and the first album are killer.

Tim Armstrong went the right route with epitaph and then hellcat, well, the transplants suck shit, and you've got this fuckstick prancing around being "punk." Fuck that. Fuck Greenday. And Fuck the idea that they have made fantastic albums.

You sound like a KROQ listener. Killer bro! Pennywise 4 Life !

floop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -28
  • the things I do for my fucking friends!
« Reply #61 on: September 27, 2012, 01:21:27 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
it's time for them to wrap it up.   you're not punk when you're playing for a corporate festival owned by Clear Channel.  stop pretending
[close]

The Ramones played Lollapalooza. Iggy Pop was on American Idol. They're not claiming to be Crass (Who would want to anyway?) What's punk? Playing to only 3 people in a parking garage in Pyongyang? Is Azealia Banks punk? Is Nirvana punk? Billy Idol? Bob Dylan? I don't think Green Day claim to be punk. Maybe they do, I dunno. Your point of view is juvenile. Is punk a sound? Image? Ideology? To be fair to Green Day, they're old albums are a lot more listenable than so called punk like Siouxsie and The Banshees, or even the Buzzcocks and way better than the ultimate pseudo punk like The Cure, The Talking Heads, The Police, you know, all the worst shit.  Secondly, no band stays good forever. Name one.  

This is undeniably great.  

I think some of you are mistaking Green Day for Good Charlotte or Blink 182.  (Looking at you Weedpop)
[close]

having a tantrum and smashing your guitar is juvenile.   i don't think you have an understanding of what punk music is.  The Cure, Siouxsie and The Banshees and The Police would never be considered remotely punk, on any music historians list.  i suggest you delve into music history a bit.   The Buzzcocks were considered cheesy back in their heyday.  

yelling at the organizers of the venue/festival who are paying you is, in my opinion, trying to act punk.  only problem is it has the opposite effect in his case, making him look like a fucking tool.

Green Day has always sucked
[close]

What is punk music?

why do you ask?
"Every time I read one of your shitty posts I wonder why I am wasting my time looking at SLAP."

HairyCunt

« Reply #62 on: September 27, 2012, 03:35:25 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
it's time for them to wrap it up.   you're not punk when you're playing for a corporate festival owned by Clear Channel.  stop pretending
[close]

The Ramones played Lollapalooza. Iggy Pop was on American Idol. They're not claiming to be Crass (Who would want to anyway?) What's punk? Playing to only 3 people in a parking garage in Pyongyang? Is Azealia Banks punk? Is Nirvana punk? Billy Idol? Bob Dylan? I don't think Green Day claim to be punk. Maybe they do, I dunno. Your point of view is juvenile. Is punk a sound? Image? Ideology? To be fair to Green Day, they're old albums are a lot more listenable than so called punk like Siouxsie and The Banshees, or even the Buzzcocks and way better than the ultimate pseudo punk like The Cure, The Talking Heads, The Police, you know, all the worst shit.  Secondly, no band stays good forever. Name one.  

I think some of you are mistaking Green Day for Good Charlotte or Blink 182.  (Looking at you Weedpop)
[close]

having a tantrum and smashing your guitar is juvenile.   i don't think you have an understanding of what punk music is.  The Cure, Siouxsie and The Banshees and The Police would never be considered remotely punk, on any music historians list.  i suggest you delve into music history a bit.   The Buzzcocks were considered cheesy back in their heyday.  

yelling at the organizers of the venue/festival who are paying you is, in my opinion, trying to act punk.  only problem is it has the opposite effect in his case, making him look like a fucking tool.

[close]

What is punk music?
[close]

why do you ask?

I'd like to know what you think.

floop

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #63 on: September 27, 2012, 04:00:34 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

What is punk music?
[close]

why do you ask?
[close]

i think you're a troll
"Every time I read one of your shitty posts I wonder why I am wasting my time looking at SLAP."

HairyCunt

« Reply #64 on: September 27, 2012, 04:07:22 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

What is punk music?
[close]

why do you ask?
[close]

[close]

i think you're a troll

HA...it's ok. I just wanted to see what you knew. Obviously,it's you with no understanding of punk.

floop

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #65 on: September 27, 2012, 04:45:38 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

What is punk music?
[close]

why do you ask?
[close]

[close]

i think you're a troll
[close]

HA...it's ok. I just wanted to see what you knew. Obviously,it's you with no understanding of punk.

i'm just practicing my 'how to deal with a troll' techniques.  one thing is never answer questions from a troll.  instead put the questions on them.

why do you enjoy trolling?

smokecrack

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -160
« Reply #66 on: September 27, 2012, 05:17:16 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

What is punk music?
[close]

why do you ask?
[close]

[close]

i think you're a troll
[close]

[close]

i'm just practicing my 'how to deal with a troll' techniques.  one thing is never answer questions from a troll.  instead put the questions on them.

why do you enjoy trolling?

exactly.

we can get into the history of punk rock and have a long 'ol discussion, but since you troll 95% of the time, Hairy Cooch, it makes it really difficult to take anything you say seriously.

why should we go out of our way to discuss something with someone who is only on here to get a rise out of people?

you pretty much have no credibly whatsoever, so why even bother?

HairyCunt

« Reply #67 on: September 27, 2012, 05:32:09 PM »
I think it's easy to tell by my original post that I'm not trolling, that's why you responded to it. Now that I have asked you a question you can't answer, you conveniently switch back to the idea that I'm just trolling. I'm not trolling 95% of the time.

So Floop, now that it's settled, lets get back to it.  What is punk? If you are such an authority.  I can already see you're out of your depth by claiming that music historians wouldn't call Siouxsie and The Banshees punk, (clearly they would and do) and how my point on pseudo punk such as the Police and Cure went over your head, (obviously you don't even know what pseudo means) but I'm curious to know what you think is punk. I'm mean really it should be me not responding to your accusations, but I'm willing to hear your opinion.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2012, 05:43:36 PM by HairyCunt »

floop

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #68 on: September 27, 2012, 05:56:11 PM »
I think it's easy to tell by my original post that I'm not trolling, that's why you responded to it. Now that I have asked you a question you can't answer, you conveniently switch back to the idea that I'm just trolling. I'm not trolling 95% of the time.

So Floop, now that it's settled, lets get back to it.  What is punk? If you are such an authority.  I can already see you're out of your depth by claiming that music historians wouldn't call Siouxsie and The Banshees punk, (clearly they would and do) and how my point on pseudo punk such as the Police and Cure went over your head, (obviously you don't even know what pseudo means) but I'm curious to know what you think is punk. I'm mean really it should be me not responding to your accusations, but I'm willing to hear your opinion.

Siouxsie and the Banshees would be considered New Wave or post-punk.  i'm curious to know what you think is punk.  Green Day?

HairyCunt

« Reply #69 on: September 27, 2012, 06:07:12 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Siouxsie and the Banshees would be considered New Wave or post-punk.  i'm curious to know what you think is punk.  Green Day?

Haha New Wave... Nirvana is grunge right? That's VH1 language.  Yeah, Green Day is for sure a punk band. They started as a punk band, they're just a bigger one now. When does a band stop being punk and start being something else? It's not that black and white. They're not Avril Lavigne.  I don't think punk is only a sound or image, that is a shallow way of looking at things.  I think punk is doing the opposite of what is expected. Within and outside of it.

RaptorJesus

• Rep: 41
  • raptor jesus died for your homeostasis
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #70 on: September 27, 2012, 06:50:52 PM »
what is punk?

baby dont hurt me

dont hurt me

no mo

steve

• Rep: 45
« Reply #71 on: September 27, 2012, 06:57:58 PM »
Hairy Cunt,

As far as referencing "historians," anyone can write a book, regardless of truth that it holds. Your theories on punk are in line with your theories on economics and the government. pulled from sources like wikipedia.

You call me out on grammar yet claim that I "sound like a KROQ listener." You've never heard me speak, fuckstick.

I've got to give you some credit where it's due. A 14 year old kid who isn't afraid to argue, albeit on the internet, has potential.

HairyCunt

« Reply #72 on: September 27, 2012, 07:27:10 PM »
Hairy Cunt,

As far as referencing "historians," anyone can write a book, regardless of truth that it holds. Your theories on punk are in line with your theories on economics and the government. pulled from sources like wikipedia.

You call me out on grammar yet claim that I "sound like a KROQ listener." You've never heard me speak, fuckstick.

I've got to give you some credit where it's due. A 14 year old kid who isn't afraid to argue, albeit on the internet, has potential.

What are you talking about!!? You are incoherent man!  Referencing historians? What? 
Discrediting Wikipedia doesn't really cut it these days, especially in matters of pop-culture, it's not just some dude's blog.  Most of the articles on there amalgamate from legitimate sources. It's a quick reference. (I can't believe I'm explaining this!) What's your source, Please Kill Me? Our Band Could Be Your Life? Westway to the World? End of The Century? Who hasn't read or seen those?

You type like a KROQ listener. OK? Good.

blackmarylin

• Rep: -14
« Reply #73 on: September 28, 2012, 09:16:44 AM »
Harry Cunt just laid down the law.

ChronicBluntSlider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #74 on: September 28, 2012, 09:27:25 AM »
Is it too late to hi jack the thread? Great punk songs . . .

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 264
  • tiger style
« Reply #75 on: September 28, 2012, 12:57:51 PM »
^ more of this please

hairy cunt, please get fucked
« Last Edit: September 28, 2012, 01:05:43 PM by Sleazy »

HairyCunt

« Reply #76 on: September 28, 2012, 01:31:55 PM »
Is it too late to hi jack the thread? Great punk songs . . .

Great!

Sounds like a Dead Moon song. You guys should love Green Day, repping the Bay Area since 88!
« Last Edit: September 28, 2012, 01:35:59 PM by HairyCunt »

Hobochilli

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 305
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #77 on: September 28, 2012, 01:47:46 PM »

HairyCunt

« Reply #78 on: September 28, 2012, 01:56:52 PM »

It was supposed to be great punk. Not inhalant induced mallcore. Try again.

Here's more great punk. Definitely the best songwriter punk produced.

« Last Edit: September 28, 2012, 02:01:39 PM by HairyCunt »

Hobochilli

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #79 on: September 28, 2012, 02:15:27 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

You dont have a say in this since you doesnt know anything about punk and no Pogues was never considered a punk band, neither was the police

Hobochilli

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #80 on: September 28, 2012, 02:18:04 PM »

Hobochilli

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #81 on: September 28, 2012, 02:30:05 PM »

HairyCunt

« Reply #82 on: September 28, 2012, 02:46:56 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
You dont have a say in this since you doesnt know anything about punk and no Pogues was never considered a punk band, neither was the police

Since you can't speak English, let me ask have you heard of this great Swedish band, Din far suger sma pojkar tuppar, och han ar ocksa din farbror?  What about, Du ar skyldig din mor pengar for hund kon?

I think you'll identify with their messages!
« Last Edit: September 28, 2012, 02:52:23 PM by HairyCunt »

Hobochilli

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #83 on: September 28, 2012, 03:01:12 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]

Since you can't speak English, let me ask have you heard of this great Swedish band, Din far suger sma pojkar tuppar, och han ar ocksa din farbror?  What about, Du ar skyldig din mor pengar for hund kon?

Your Swedish is worse than my english, its nice to know that your dad likes to suck small roosterboys tho and that he is your uncle.
and do you really owe your mom money for a dog cow?
Damn you mormons are worse than i thought

HairyCunt

« Reply #84 on: September 28, 2012, 03:03:09 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
Your Swedish is worse than my english, its nice to know that your dad likes to suck small roosterboys tho and that he is your uncle.

You're babbling.  

Seriously, no one posting from a country where punk is government funded can tell me Shane MacGowan is not punk.  Someone else has to see the irony there.

Also ,clearly for you punk is no more than an aesthetic. Which then The Pogues should easily fit into your narrow minded view of what punk is, ie, they play fast, and have rough singing, and because it's merely an aesthetic to you I wouldn't be surprised if you thought Billy Idol was punk.  

Once again I didn't say the Police were punk, I said pseudo punk.  You just don't know what pseudo means, because you are thick.  Thank you  for trying though.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2012, 03:27:19 PM by HairyCunt »

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1581
« Reply #85 on: September 28, 2012, 04:36:03 PM »
Shane McGowans as much as a punk as he is Irish....

HairyCunt

« Reply #86 on: September 28, 2012, 04:58:13 PM »
Shane McGowans as much as a punk as he is Irish....

WOW it really is ESl day up in this bitch.  Punk for you obviously means a mohawk and clothes pin through the nose.  Let me guess, you shop at hot topic too.  See you at the Warped Tour!

Shane MacGowan is Irish.  Not by birth, by blood. You know nothing.

Hobochilli

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #87 on: September 28, 2012, 04:59:36 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

You're babbling.  

Seriously, no one posting from a country where punk is government funded can tell me Shane MacGowan is not punk.  Someone else has to see the irony there.

Also ,clearly for you punk is no more than an aesthetic. Which then The Pogues should easily fit into your narrow minded view of what punk is, ie, they play fast, and have rough singing, and because it's merely an aesthetic to you I wouldn't be surprised if you thought Billy Idol was punk.  

Once again I didn't say the Police were punk, I said pseudo punk.  You just don't know what pseudo means, because you are thick.  Thank you  for trying though.
Punk goverment funded?

Once again you have no clue what you are talking about, you claim to be a republican you obviously doesnt know what punk is all about.
Its not about stealing from the poor and give to the rich.
Psuedo punk, great hang out more on wiki, its just a word made up by some journalist, Police was a pop band in the 80�s, pop bands sounded like that then.
But what do you know, you werent even born back then.

Paper Crane

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 115
« Reply #88 on: September 28, 2012, 05:03:29 PM »

HairyCunt

« Reply #89 on: September 28, 2012, 05:05:59 PM »