Author Topic: Mass Effect @_@  (Read 3733 times)

DannyBoy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -13
Mass Effect @_@
« on: August 10, 2012, 02:52:02 PM »
i just BARELY started playing the first mass effect a couple of days ago and . . . . . WOW. i think ima have to say its one of my favorite games already. ive only played a little bit of the story but that has came up to 10 hours of gameplay because ive  just been exploring and talking to everyone that i see. what are your thoughts on this game?

Will Easley

Re: Mass Effect @_@
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2012, 11:17:55 PM »
Amazing franchise been on board since day one. Beat ME1 on xbox when it first came out, beat ME 2 on xbox and then 2 more times on PS3. I then went on to beat ME3 off both imported PS3 saves. Definitely in my top 10 video games/franchise of all time. Sci-Fi setting with deep storylines and addictive 3rd person shooting? You know its gonna be good! Alot of elitist fans of the series may nitpick certain things but I've thoroughly enjoyed each one.

Chipper

• Rep: 14
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2012, 11:27:20 PM »
I still need to play Mass Effect now that I have some down time. Is it a game you should start off with the first game?

Will Easley

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2012, 11:35:28 PM »
You don't NEED to but as with any good series its always best to start from the beginning to get the full experience. The characters, storyline, plot twists, & consequences of your actions all have a much stronger effect when you see how everything unravels over time. You'll find that many decisions you made from the first 2 games affect MUCH of the story in ME3 where it all comes to a grand finale. It's epic shit forreal.

And despite it being 5 years old without some of the bells & whistles of the newer games, ME1 is still a dope ass game in its own right and I'd GLADLY play it again if I ever had the time and willingness to do so.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2012, 11:42:03 PM by Will Easley »

Lenny the Fatface

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2012, 10:45:46 PM »
Don't fall too in love with the first game's backstory of Earth being an over-polluted, overpopulated planet where the haves and have nots are more separate than ever and the only chance of upward mobility for a human is through the military, because that depiction of Earth is the complete opposite in ME3.

Other than some cliche 2006-2007 unreal engine glitches it is a very good game.  My personal favorite in ME2, the third one had a wack story but easily the best mission and level designs in the series.

ALT

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 124
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2012, 07:48:10 AM »
Could pretty much quote what Will said.

I played the fuck out of the first on xbox, then played the second on it too. Then when I switched to PS3 I played the second and third on that.

The first was my favorite. I loved everything from how in depth the the info on each race was, the story line, the weapons and how they could be modified, the background music, the locations... it was all awesome.

I just finished the third. I though it was still a great game but I agree with most of the hate on how all your decisions over the previous 2 games made almost no difference.   

Will Easley

« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2012, 07:06:04 PM »
Mass Effect Trilogy has been announced, bringing the first one to ps3 for the first time

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/09/26/mass-effect-trilogy-set-announced