Author Topic: bake & destroy  (Read 77141 times)

Malcolm Sex

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -89
Re: bake & destroy
« Reply #480 on: November 01, 2012, 06:26:40 PM »
Now when I play Skate3 and I play it doing tricks that have actually been done I got like a hundred new tricks

Snowman

• Rep: -21
« Reply #481 on: November 01, 2012, 07:03:38 PM »
I disagree, recent SOTY winners seemed to disappear from the face of the earth once the celebration is over.  Aside from a couple things here and there, you really didn't see much from Grant, Leo, Silas, MJ, etc after they won.
The people who have won SOTY have done so by dropping insane parts over peoples heads that have taken years to create instead of putting out a bunch of web clips that are easily forgotten.  A skater who has won the SOTY doesn't really have a need to promote himself as much through the internet as all the other pros and ams trying to put their name out.

MeanestCleanestPenis

• Rep: 40
« Reply #482 on: November 02, 2012, 09:13:48 AM »
Fuck Shane Heyl

Dirty Daventry

• Rep: -25
« Reply #483 on: November 03, 2012, 07:37:33 AM »
Wasnt there going to be a download from the Thrasher website as well as the dvd in the mag?
Catch me at the crib getting light to Jeff Mangum
It's fun to do bad things like rhyme about handguns

TrainWreck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -77
« Reply #484 on: November 03, 2012, 07:59:19 AM »
Wasnt there going to be a download from the Thrasher website as well as the dvd in the mag?

thrasher will release the dvd on their page ... put i dont know when  :-\

btw. does anyone know, when they will drop the KOTR-Episodes?

dirtyweemidden

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 59
« Reply #485 on: November 03, 2012, 12:58:53 PM »
dunno if its abp but the whole vid is up on youtube..and its really not worth the hype as these videos rarely ever are.. there were some bangers but the whole thing is just as forgetable as every other made for web clip released recently.. dg for soty over figgy for sure!

mattofallmatts

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -110
  • "I will not skateboard in the halls"
« Reply #486 on: November 03, 2012, 06:14:39 PM »
..and its really not worth the hype as these videos rarely ever are.. there were some bangers but the whole thing is just as forgetable as every other made for web clip released recently
Hahahahahhaa

yeahmmm

• Rep: -23
« Reply #487 on: November 03, 2012, 06:34:53 PM »
catch you some big air dawwwggg

thepman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -94
« Reply #488 on: November 03, 2012, 06:54:00 PM »
I just watched figgy's part and yeah it was sick like really sick, but not SOTY worthy. Maybe it's just been overhyped but other than the huge krooked and a couple of other noteworthy handrail tricks his part wasn't that enjoyable.
skating is all about choosing your outfit very deliberately, going out in public. looking super sick. and then riding your board a little bit

A MAN

• Rep: 68
    • SKATE TIT avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #489 on: November 04, 2012, 05:12:38 AM »
TK's super sincere motivational speech and Q&A to all those students and their teacher 55 minutes in was easily the best thing in the video.

Politeness is the new Hijinx
« Last Edit: November 05, 2012, 11:21:09 AM by Bobby Peru »

Tufty

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -26
« Reply #490 on: November 04, 2012, 10:43:04 AM »
 Saw it today. "Stunt" skating with zero creativity and high difficulty-danger is not my thing, i respect those who do it but i wouldnt watch that part again especially if the stunts are down the same CA spots i ve seen a million times before. So in other words i liked that hawk kid and the nuge-Baca section.

Also another thing. I always found the hijinx of Baker crew funny and entertaining when i was younger but the last 3-4 years they re getting into my nerves. I mean some of dudes are like 25 years old or more and act like 16 year olds. Its a heavy situtation of second hand embarrassment.  
« Last Edit: November 04, 2012, 10:45:59 AM by Tufty »

dopestghost

• Rep: -1
« Reply #491 on: November 04, 2012, 11:23:51 AM »
I thought there were a couple nice parts from the likes of riley hawk and spanky with the boneless nose manny, i thought the mass amount of hijinks was a bit overdone at the end and kept waiting for another part or something but was just dissapointed with hijinks that got less and less interesting

Dirty Daventry

• Rep: -25
« Reply #492 on: November 04, 2012, 12:17:45 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

thrasher will release the dvd on their page ... put i dont know when  :-\

btw. does anyone know, when they will drop the KOTR-Episodes?

They didnt start dropping the 2011 episodes til the new year. So im expecting it to be another two months before we see Aliens massacring on KOTR.
Catch me at the crib getting light to Jeff Mangum
It's fun to do bad things like rhyme about handguns

shredbuffalo

• Rep: -43
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #493 on: November 04, 2012, 07:43:14 PM »
Everyone complaining about this video is a fucking person...They filmed the thing in 9 months as a collaboration with a magazine, paid for by someone else pretty much. They did it for fun and did it for the people who love their company, the dudes who ride for Baker, their style, and skating in general.

Saying shit's generic and this and that...Fuck off. You can say what you want but you weren't in that video. People aren't calling you The Boss or starting riots at the premier of the video that you're complaining about, are they?

A lot of the dudes were hurt and had other shit happening during the short window of time that they had to film, hence them not having more than a few tricks in the video. But on the other hand, the guys that gave it their all really did, and there was some fucking ill shit in that video. Anything from Andrew is always good. C.J.'s part was raw. Bryan Herman. Brayden's part was fucking good. And if any of you pussies have anything to say about Figgy's part, you can fuck off. When you can skate 1/10 as good, then you can talk shit.

4LOM

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 161
« Reply #494 on: November 04, 2012, 07:49:21 PM »
I couldn't make a movie 1/10 as good as Michael Bay, but that last Transformers obviously sucked.

SUPERNAUT

• Rep: -70
  • suck it
    • Max Hates Your Favorite Movies avatar image
« Reply #495 on: November 04, 2012, 08:37:41 PM »
I couldn't make a movie 1/10 as good as Michael Bay, but that last Transformers obviously sucked.
First of all, all 3 transformer movies suck shit through a straw. Second, your analogy as well as the first guy's statement about being good enough to hate are both stupid as fuck. You can talk shit about anything, but you shouldn't talk shit about figgy's part because there's nothing to talk shit about! People on this website don't like it because it was hyped up and hipsters hate hype. People said it was boring, but you know what? If there was anyone whose part was boring, it was spanky's.

maxhatesyourfavoritemovies.blogspot.com

doomstation55

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 884
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • [b]TEAM DOOM MS 2018[/b] avatar image
« Reply #496 on: November 04, 2012, 10:00:38 PM »
I re-watched figgy's part, and thought of this.

He has an abd in his part from 2000 from a very young p rod (last trick in there). Doesn't matter much at all really, just puttin it out there. Carry on.

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2547
« Reply #497 on: November 05, 2012, 03:50:52 AM »
as a collaboration with a magazine, paid for by someone else pretty much.

Uhhh, no. Check out Reynolds' Free Lunch.

You can say what you want but you weren't in that video. People aren't calling you The Boss or starting riots at the premier of the video that you're complaining about, are they?

When you can skate 1/10 as good, then you can talk shit.

Kid, your logic is so flawed.

Are you this kid's dumber brother?

« Last Edit: November 05, 2012, 08:50:26 AM by Alan »
Hosin' out the cab of his pickup truck
He's got his 8-track playin' really fuckin' loud

pica

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -36
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #498 on: November 05, 2012, 05:26:17 AM »

wow, alan this kid you posted just took regular to a whole new level...

« Last Edit: November 05, 2012, 05:35:49 AM by pica »

The Math Professor

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 47
« Reply #499 on: November 05, 2012, 05:26:56 AM »
I picked up a copy this weekend and I can't complain since it came with one of the better Thrasher issues I've read in awhile.  Riley Hawk killed it... it was the first time I saw that kid skate.  The boss had some sick clips.  Ol' dirty Sza had some sick shit in there that I wasn't expecting from him which was cool.  Herman... Spanky... they had some nice clips as well.  And Figgy just went bonkers.  I blew it by flipping through the mag first which ended up giving away some of the heavier tricks in the vid.

KP

• Rep: 16
« Reply #500 on: November 05, 2012, 05:37:07 AM »
hahaha i can't believe what i just watched
that live review kid is so fuck up and looks so serious about it!

"Andrew reynolds ? hum hum; he didn't have a good part..."
"...but again, i think it was a good movie up until Andrew's part"
"You guys need to work on Andrew, that wasn't a good part, that was terrible, really really bad part..."
"i don't even think i saw one fs flip: NONE!...ridiculous."
« Last Edit: November 05, 2012, 05:38:44 AM by KP »

shredbuffalo

« Reply #501 on: November 05, 2012, 07:30:10 AM »
Expand Quote
as a collaboration with a magazine, paid for by someone else pretty much.
[close]

Uhhh, no. Check out Reynold's Free Lunch.

Expand Quote
You can say what you want but you weren't in that video. People aren't calling you The Boss or starting riots at the premier of the video that you're complaining about, are they?

When you can skate 1/10 as good, then you can talk shit.
[close]

Kid, your logic is so flawed.

Are you this kid's dumber brother?

I did see the Free Lunch with Reynolds...What's your point?
I'm not a kid...How exactly is my logic flawed?

Tufty

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -26
« Reply #502 on: November 05, 2012, 07:48:38 AM »
Next time i am gonna shit in your dinner and if you say you dont like it i will tell you i am a professional chef and you dont have even the 10% of my skills. Thats why your logic is flawed.

shredbuffalo

« Reply #503 on: November 05, 2012, 09:57:33 AM »
Next time i am gonna shit in your dinner and if you say you dont like it i will tell you i am a professional chef and you dont have even the 10% of my skills. Thats why your logic is flawed.

Yeah....That makes no sense what so ever son.

ice nine

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -308
« Reply #504 on: November 05, 2012, 10:01:56 AM »
^yea it does.ur arguement is 10 years old at a minimum.u don't have to be able to do something to be able to critique it. So if a chef feeds u dogshit, u can call him out on it.same as if a pro puts out a dogshit part, u can call him on it.
I;m sure i;m not the only dc/monster/subaru type guy here

midwestmiddleman

• Rep: -88
  • Pantheistprowler
« Reply #505 on: November 05, 2012, 10:04:46 AM »
Beagle's part is TOO zesty.

SUPERNAUT

• Rep: -70
  • suck it
    • Max Hates Your Favorite Movies avatar image
« Reply #506 on: November 05, 2012, 10:07:06 AM »
^yea it does.ur arguement is 10 years old at a minimum.u don't have to be able to do something to be able to critique it. So if a chef feeds u dogshit, u can call him out on it.same as if a pro puts out a dogshit part, u can call him on it.
But dude's part isn't dogshit. It's like a good ass jimmy johns sandwich.

maxhatesyourfavoritemovies.blogspot.com

Seamus_McShamebag

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 855
« Reply #507 on: November 05, 2012, 11:08:08 AM »
Glad to see Baker giving one of my ex-girlfriends the respect and admiration that she deserves. You were always good to me Max and if there is someone in this world that could make Bluetooth earpieces look sexy, it's your fine ass...

shredbuffalo

« Reply #508 on: November 05, 2012, 01:01:59 PM »

1. No, you don't have to be able to do something to critique another person, but if you're not as good or better than the person that you're critiquing, you just sound like an idiot when you talk shit about their accomplishments. A bunch of young crybabies complaining that the Baker team didn't live up to their expectations (considering their time limitations, injuries, etc.) just makes some of you sound like morons.

2. My whole point was that "Bake And Destroy" was actually a good video (hence comparing it to getting a bad meal in a restaurant was really pretty stupid).

Snowman

• Rep: -21
« Reply #509 on: November 20, 2012, 08:46:38 AM »
Is anyone else bummed that they didn't send the DVD's to the subscribers and you cant even look it up on youtube to watch it because Thrasher is taking videos down?