Author Topic: Arto to buy ES`  (Read 19864 times)

heshrat69

Re: Arto to buy ES`
« Reply #120 on: November 08, 2012, 06:10:33 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
100% TRUTH, from sources at sole tech.
this is why Es went out of business, the truth.
at the end of 2011 sloe tech was planning on closing their least grossing company.
that company was altamont, NOT Es. Es was right above altamont, but still made more money. The Boss wasnt having it that they were gonna close altamont, and said some things which are not my business to post on the net, and so after the sweet talking they chose to close Es since it was the 2nd least grossing company out of sole tech, and kept altamont on the say of reynolds.
If Altamont closes now, I would not be surprised.

Take this how ever you want this is true, so i could give a fuck what you slap trolls say. Peace
[close]

When eS' went under, I heard it was because they put too much of money into their clothing......

And now that I'm on Slap, I hear that it's because they wanted to cut Altamont and the Boss was threatening to leave Emerica if they did.

Who really knows, all I know is that I want eS' back.
[close]
hah im not starting a rumor, believe what you want to believe this is the truth if you want to believe it or not. and many people know this it is just one of those things that gets brushed under the rug. if es came back it would be cool, but i could care less sole tech shoes suck.
[close]

The difference is; Altamont is a growing company (yearly double digit increase according the interview with the owner at the time) and Es had had been steadily declining since its heyday, a skeleton of what it once was.  Which brand would you cut if you had to cut one?  The one going up, or the one going down?  Reynolds is obviously going to fight for his team, as I'm sure McCrank fought for his. 

[close]
i dont care, es going out of business hasnt changed my life one bit. so its not my problem i was just lettin every one know what was up with the truth. say or beleive what you want. That statement is fact
[close]

and I'm saying that the "truth" your dropping is just obvious.  Andrew didn't want Sole Tech to pull the plug on his brand... no shit much?
no shit sherlock

BleachBeach

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -5
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #121 on: November 08, 2012, 10:09:36 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
at the end of 2011 sloe tech was planning on closing their least grossing company.
that company was altamont, NOT Es. Es was right above altamont, but still made more money. The Boss wasnt having it that they were gonna close altamont, and said some things which are not my business to post on the net, and so after the sweet talking they chose to close Es since it was the 2nd least grossing company out of sole tech, and kept altamont on the say of reynolds.

Take this how ever you want this is true, so i could give a fuck what you slap trolls say. Peace
[close]

When eS' went under, I heard it was because they put too much of money into their clothing......

And now that I'm on Slap, I hear that it's because they wanted to cut Altamont and the Boss was threatening to leave Emerica if they did.

[close]
hah im not starting a rumor, believe what you want to believe this is the truth if you want to believe it or not. and many people know this it is just one of those things that gets brushed under the rug. if es came back it would be cool, but i could care less sole tech shoes suck.
[close]

The difference is; Altamont is a growing company (yearly double digit increase according the interview with the owner at the time) and Es had had been steadily declining since its heyday, a skeleton of what it once was.  Which brand would you cut if you had to cut one?  The one going up, or the one going down?  Reynolds is obviously going to fight for his team, as I'm sure McCrank fought for his. 

[close]
i dont care, es going out of business hasnt changed my life one bit. so its not my problem i was just lettin every one know what was up with the truth. say or beleive what you want. That statement is fact

I'd just like to throw in that Rick McCrank didn't know anything about Es going under until it did.  Fact.
I've heard that none of the Es riders knew it was going under until it did, but that's just what I heard.

HairyCunt

• Rep: -348
« Reply #122 on: November 08, 2012, 10:55:23 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]

The difference is; Altamont is a growing company (yearly double digit increase according the interview with the owner at the time) and Es had had been steadily declining since its heyday, a skeleton of what it once was.  Which brand would you cut if you had to cut one?  The one going up, or the one going down?  Reynolds is obviously going to fight for his team, as I'm sure McCrank fought for his.  

[close]
[close]

I'd just like to throw in that Rick McCrank didn't know anything about Es going under until it did.  Fact.
I've heard that none of the Es riders knew it was going under until it did, but that's just what I heard.

Es sucked for a long time.  The name was the worst part no one would say that shit right. Was it ess, e.s., ay? . Then you see a picture of Ethan Fowler wearing Vans, you see Jay Adams wearing Vans, Pepe Martinez wearing Vans, then think  why would you wanna wear some wack Es shoes? The Accels were just Raps with the bar replaced so youcan hardly say they were classic Es shoes. Etnies was the sickest, but Soletech watered down their own brand. If it just stayed Etnies, no Emerica, no Es, they'd still be a powerhouse. Think of all the classic Soletech designs, from Sal 23's, SLB's, Lo-cuts, Raps, Koston 1's, Merino's, MJ 1's. If that was one company you couldn't fuck with it.  They deserve to go out of business. Whoever is running shit over there is clueless, brand heritage has been in for a long time now, and they still haven't clued in.  Also no one wears corny ass Emerica's either I never see them anywhere. The only time I see them is when their pros wear them.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2012, 11:03:03 PM by HairyCunt »

pencil

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -131
  • my other account is abudabi
« Reply #123 on: November 09, 2012, 05:36:36 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

I'd just like to throw in that Rick McCrank didn't know anything about Es going under until it did.  Fact.
AYE YO I HEARD DIS SONG ON THE RADIO, FACT
how the fuck are you gonna say you "heard something" then say that its fact?
would you rather read an abudabi post or have a screwdriver shoved up your ass?

Fenzadill

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 91
  • lemme get the 4 dollar one
« Reply #124 on: November 09, 2012, 05:43:11 AM »
All I wanna know is.. Who can hook up a little boog sug?

get at me it da raw doe so be crful b
example. i cant cast a spelll or love potion on a girl and she falls total in love for me
but i can show a girl my tv youtube clip on my or her phone. but there's a difference ok

natenola forever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 118
« Reply #125 on: November 09, 2012, 09:28:22 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

a few years back, Es was told to get their sales up or they were gonna get cut, they had a timeframe to get it all together, maybe it actually worked and they were off the chopping block until the Andrew Altamont thing, if that is true. But at some point everyone on Es knew the company was in danger of being shut down

MisterX

• Rep: 50
« Reply #126 on: November 09, 2012, 10:17:11 AM »
I think ES` is just nostalgic for a lot of people, myself included.  I used to have the Schemes and thought they were so dope, but would I rock them now...hell no.  Basically my point is that a bunch of you guys are saying re-issue K3's, etc. but nobody is saying how good any of their current line was. 

I always think back about old shoes I had and how sick they were, and then I google a picture and realize that at the time they were, but did not stand the test of time.  I loved the Accels, but I would never skate them now.  I know they had a vulc version, but i'd rather skate a pair of Vans than a vulc ES`.  I think ES` was amazing in the heyday of tech shoes, but never really moved ahead with the times in a relevant way.  That's just my two cents.

StimCoCruzer

« Reply #127 on: November 10, 2012, 07:24:04 AM »
arto, get out of the sauna and do it.

hahahha ya mustard freak!!

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #128 on: November 11, 2012, 11:52:10 AM »
Saw him yesterday wearing Vans at an Emerica demo.

and coincidentally I heard Altamont and Emerica both have a year left and then done, not sure honestly how reliable that is but wouldnt' be surprised
I'm going to start stocking up on Reynolds cruisers
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

sleepypancakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 228
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #129 on: November 11, 2012, 02:20:22 PM »
I think ES` is just nostalgic for a lot of people, myself included.  I used to have the Schemes and thought they were so dope, but would I rock them now...hell no.  Basically my point is that a bunch of you guys are saying re-issue K3's, etc. but nobody is saying how good any of their current line was. 

I always think back about old shoes I had and how sick they were, and then I google a picture and realize that at the time they were, but did not stand the test of time.  I loved the Accels, but I would never skate them now.  I know they had a vulc version, but i'd rather skate a pair of Vans than a vulc ES`.  I think ES` was amazing in the heyday of tech shoes, but never really moved ahead with the times in a relevant way.  That's just my two cents.
I had these

and these

as well as the vulc accels (square ones) and the square twos, all were really good shoes

ivegotlevitation

« Reply #130 on: November 11, 2012, 03:11:19 PM »
I've only had one pair of Es, they were the Koston 6's. easily the worst shoes I've ever owned. I don't really give a fuck that they went out of business.

NowhereInLife

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 20
« Reply #131 on: November 11, 2012, 03:42:41 PM »
I doubt Es will return, although those kellen james shoes looked real promising.

The Ghost of Lenny Kirk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -146
« Reply #132 on: November 11, 2012, 03:49:26 PM »
Im surprised kostons name isnt in the mix. He definitely wanted to buy into the company but got burned. If anyone should own eS its him.

natenola forever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 118
« Reply #133 on: November 11, 2012, 07:10:37 PM »
Im surprised kostons name isnt in the mix. He definitely wanted to buy into the company but got burned. If anyone should own eS its him.
He didnt want to buy the company he wanted them to give him partial owner ship in the company

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 383
« Reply #134 on: November 11, 2012, 09:51:34 PM »
That's what "buy into" means, but I doubt he would do anything with eS since it appears he's got a good thing going on at Nike.

« Reply #135 on: November 11, 2012, 11:13:32 PM »
When the kostons e's 3 dropped so did my panties.

When I wore them dudes we tripping asking "what Jordan's are they?" retro?" 

So good to skate in as well.

I would buy 10 pairs if they came back. And if koston wasn't such a fuck wit.

zoltan

« Reply #136 on: November 11, 2012, 11:23:35 PM »
That's what "buy into" means, but I doubt he would do anything with eS since it appears he's got a good thing going on at Nike.

yeah he doesnt need to make skateshoes that look like basketball shoes anymore cause nike can give him basketball shoes along with skate shoes

zuma

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 144
« Reply #137 on: November 12, 2012, 02:44:57 AM »
accels are the best!