Author Topic: Where is pete eldridge?  (Read 3232 times)

givehugsnotdrugs

Where is pete eldridge?
« on: November 20, 2006, 03:32:40 PM »
Where is he since he got off city and is he on flow for addidas?

roulette

Re: Where is pete eldridge?
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2006, 03:43:13 PM »
hopefully putting that amazing pop to use

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1938
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2006, 06:58:04 PM »
i ask myself that question everyday, even more so after watching his bootleg 3000 part.... that stuff is classic, even magical...
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

A.J.

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 1
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2006, 04:14:03 AM »
syintific skateboards,

slurthic

• Rep: -5
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2006, 12:35:49 AM »
put him on expedition, they could use some more riders

methuselah

• Rep: -4
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2006, 06:21:27 AM »
I hate to say but I think Pete's times done. Him and Maldonado. Unfortunatly, I don't forsee either picking up decent board sponsers in the future, which sucks.
"It's the 90's baby, it's hammer time!" - Cosmo Kramer

Slap Fucking Sucks Now

givehugsnotdrugs

« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2006, 06:38:40 AM »
why do you say that???

slurthic

• Rep: -5
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2006, 07:50:12 AM »
unfortunatly i can kind of see that too, its not like either of them have been producing much footage or photos

methuselah

« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2006, 07:52:26 AM »
why do you say that???

it's unfortunate but I just don't think many other companies are gonna give him a chance. It seems companies now are looking for the "future" of skateboarding.

Slap Fucking Sucks Now

Max Renn

• Rep: -1
  • Bringin' Sexy Back
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2006, 12:18:02 PM »
Yesterdays "Future" perhaps?

methuselah

« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2006, 02:33:55 PM »
Yesterdays "Future" perhaps?

haha if thats you, all I can do is laugh. you gave me shit in another post for "locker room machoism" and you look like you ready to go to a fucking kottonmouth kings concert. yeah and you look real macho without your shirt. stupid fuck.

Slap Fucking Sucks Now

Max Renn

• Bringin' Sexy Back
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2006, 11:21:13 AM »
hahaha macho man!!! oh yeeeeeeeah!!! i think you, me and the brooklyn brawler should have a hot oil death match. dave hebner can referee. i'll fuck you like miss elizabeth, and treat you like virgil. your hostility is making this the sexiest thanksgiving ever. when i'm using the turkey baster on myself tonight, i may be looking at sheckler's new silver ad, but i'll be thinking about you.

and no, thats not me in the avatar. just a tribute to my favourite pro skater. when i get a copy of yesterdays future for christmas, i'm gonna be so psyched. and you're gonna be so bummed. 

methuselah

« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2006, 01:35:12 PM »
hahaha macho man!!! oh yeeeeeeeah!!! i think you, me and the brooklyn brawler should have a hot oil death match. dave hebner can referee. i'll fuck you like miss elizabeth, and treat you like virgil. your hostility is making this the sexiest thanksgiving ever. when i'm using the turkey baster on myself tonight, i may be looking at sheckler's new silver ad, but i'll be thinking about you.

and no, thats not me in the avatar. just a tribute to my favourite pro skater. when i get a copy of yesterdays future for christmas, i'm gonna be so psyched. and you're gonna be so bummed. 

the macho man's gettin his fat slim jim ass up and cumming to your house. but, na man i'm not down for any fights. you hit that turkey baster raw or was lube a nessescity?

Slap Fucking Sucks Now

cmills

• Rep: -11
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2006, 10:26:50 PM »
I hate to say but I think Pete's times done. Him and Maldonado. Unfortunatly, I don't forsee either picking up decent board sponsers in the future, which sucks.

lets hope maldonado is done. i think petes still got some time left.

Bill

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 71
  • Back?
    • Divine Clothing & Design avatar image
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2006, 11:27:22 PM »
If they haven't gotten a sponsor by now, they're pretty much done.

stagefright

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -47
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2006, 11:03:12 PM »
how do you go from the bootleg part to retiring? the best of that footage must have been years old already.
we toked a marley and i split back to the park, minding my own busineess when a rollerblader mean mugs..i let it go.

nothing but truth

• Rep: 0
« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2006, 07:07:56 PM »

probablly not skating.

jawntis

« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2006, 07:38:39 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

probablly not skating.

He's actually skating a lot and filming for Mark Brandstetter's video "Plain and Simple".

biggums mcgee

« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2006, 07:49:29 PM »
what? brandsetter's video? who else is having a part? share all the information you know..

jawntis

« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2006, 08:02:34 PM »
Plain and Simple - featuring: Kerry Getz, Mike Maldonado, Pete Eldridge, Phil Ladjanski!, Jerry Cooper, Elissa Steamer, Kevin Taylor, Tony Montgomery, Nick & Henry Panza, and more.

http://haveboard.com/plainandsimple/

http://www.myspace.com/plainandem

Video of the year 2007.

co

« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2006, 11:19:26 AM »
from the Focus website:

What you up to Pete?
Not much, just making some breakfast.

Yeah, are you cooking eggs?
I’m working on the bacon right now.

So anyway, how has skateboarding been treating you?
How’s skateboarding… yeah. Skateboarding is treating me great, but you know, companies are crazy sometimes. I don’t know.

What happen with you and City Skateboards recently?
Nah, I don’t really want to talk about that. Well, I kinda do but I kinda don’t. I just don’t even know how I feel about the whole situation. It just happened, so I’m not too sure I want to talk about it.

Come on.
Nah, well yeah, I guess. As of right now I am a free agent. City shit just fell through. It wasn’t on bad terms or anything, just a conflict of interest I guess you could say.

They wanted you to move to SF, right?
Yeah, they wanted me out there. I would have to change my whole life around. I don’t really get that. It isn’t just City either. It’s weird because it seems like that is what all these companies want you to do. Even when I was on Stereo, they wanted me to move out there too. They wanted me to quit school and just move away. When I was seventeen, I was a little more down for it, but I couldn’t just quit school. Plus, I had some family shit going on. I just don’t understand what is up with all of it. To all you kids out there that want to get sponsored, just move to SF and you’ll get hooked up a lot faster. Just drop everything you are doing and move now! That is what is easier for them. They can keep tabs on you easier.

You’d much rather live on the East though, right?
Yeah, for sure. I mean SF is a dope fucking place, but I just like it here more.

You just got the cover of Slap. How did that make you feel?
Yeah, that was pretty cool. I mean it took a year for the photo to come out, but when it did it was on the cover, so I guess that was pretty neat.

It was neat?
Yeah, I was psyched on that. It was neat.

Where did skateboarding begin for you?
Damn, man. I don’t even really remember. I think it was because of my brother. He had a skateboard, but never really skated that often. I thought that shit was cool and I would steal his board all the time to go skate. Whenever he caught me he’d beat me up ‘cause I was riding his shit.

Even though he didn’t even skate?
Yeah. I think I got my own board this one Christmas. Like, my brother got a new board and I guess he was too cool for it. He didn’t even want it, so I told him I’d trade him some of my presents for it. The best part was I gave him a bunch of crappy presents. I made out on that deal.

Did you grow up skating with a crew?
Yeah, sort of. There were a few homies that lived down the street from me. I had this one homie, Justin, that I used to skate with all the time. And then I met up with Chris Cole. We used to skate together a whole bunch. I would go out to Langhorne a lot and skate with all those dudes, Chris, T. Dog, and all them homies.

But you don’t skate with Chris much any more. Any reason why?
Yeah, I don’t know why. Really, everyone just seemed to go different ways. I moved to the city and… yeah, I don’t know. But I mean, we are still cool though.

Who was your first hook up?
Well, I skated for some skate shops but my first real hookup was with Stereo skateboards. Chris Pastras saw me skating at that Shred for Life event and he came up to me and just asked if I would ride for Stereo. Then, right after that, I started riding for Thunder and Spitfire too.

Where did you go once Stereo went under? Bootleg?
No. Shit, who the hell did I skate for after Stereo? Umm, let’s see. When Stereo went under I think I skated for Zoo York for a little bit. Then my friend had this idea for Bootleg and I was really psyched on that ‘cause it was going to be a team with all my friends. It was the sickest thing.

Are you drunk or something right now?
No man. I’m cooking bacon right now and I’m getting grease all over my hands.

Dude, bacon doesn’t take that long to cook. You’ve been cooking bacon for like ten minutes now.
Yeah, but this is some gourmet shit I got. But yeah, Bootleg was the sickest thing. I mean, everyone that skated for Bootleg was all cool and got along with each other. Once we got rid of Anthony Mosley, it was even better.

You weren’t into that dude?
No. I mean he’s an all right kid. He was just one of those kids that thought he was the shit and that nobody could touch him.

Do you dislike a lot of people in skateboarding?
No, not really. It is just that a lot of people are crazy. It just seems like some kids are handed shit and others have to work a lot harder for it. You can just tell the difference in some people.

Do you feel you had to work hard?
Yes and no. It’s skateboarding; no one is really working that hard. Even if you got a regular nine to five job you’d still go skate after work.

You ever work a regular job since you’ve been pro?
Eh, not really. I mean I worked the door of this bar for a few weeks, checking IDs. That was about it, but I wouldn’t really consider that a job.

What about before you were pro?
Yeah, I worked at a supermarket for a few years bagging groceries. I never got a raise or anything. Maybe it was because I called out every weekend so I could go skate. They always wanted me to work weekends and I just wasn’t feeling that. I wanted to skate so I would always tell them I was sick on the weekends. One day they told me if I didn’t come in I was fired. So I just told them, “Okay, guess I’m fired. “ That was that.

You’re lucky to only have had two jobs.
Yeah, I guess.

All right, so is there anyone you want to thank?
Nah, fuck everybody.

What?
I’m just playing. Yeah, I’d like to thank my mom, my family, all the homies, Strickland, Plain… Um, I don’t know. A big what up to Hot Wax, those dudes are ill. I’m still waiting for the album to drop. Big what up to Maldonado for holding it down in West Chester. And all the Pittsburgh heads. Let’s see, Jersey, Mazur, Kerry Getz, Nocturnal, and all the haters.

Royal Flush

« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2006, 09:09:05 AM »
Pete Eldridge is the truth he needs to replace the missing spot on Habitat after Wenning left for Plan B. Edlrdigeo n habitat would be a perfect fit.

biggums mcgee

« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2006, 03:37:54 PM »
nice interview--did anyone ever actually like anthony mosely?

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1938
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2006, 07:10:31 PM »
thanks for the short interview.... i guess shit happens... hope the best for him...
switch 50-50 a handrail..... wow....
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

dirtjers

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 102
  • Far out man.
« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2006, 03:44:40 PM »
plain and simple is a really good video, worth checking out for sure, esp if your from the area. video of the year though? ehhhhhh COULD HAVE BEEN, but its really short. pretty good in the sense it leaves you wanting more, but almost not enough to make it what it coulda been if that makes any sense. anyway, good job to all those dudes for putting it together, cos what was there was real sick.

jawntis

« Reply #25 on: December 09, 2006, 04:46:47 AM »
plain and simple is a really good video, worth checking out for sure, esp if your from the area. video of the year though? ehhhhhh COULD HAVE BEEN, but its really short. pretty good in the sense it leaves you wanting more, but almost not enough to make it what it coulda been if that makes any sense. anyway, good job to all those dudes for putting it together, cos what was there was real sick.

Yeah I was just kidding with video of the year.  How were Phil Ladjanski and Pete Eldridge's sections?

gayderick

• Rep: -3
  • [quote author=S-Town Holla! link=topic=5625.msg144
« Reply #26 on: December 09, 2006, 07:43:50 PM »
are you kidding me? he had some great footage in the red bull video a while back.

plastic bench nerd

« Reply #27 on: December 10, 2006, 12:59:53 AM »
his bootleg part was so fucking amazing. he better at least be full team addidas soon or ill have to go light a bag off poop and put it on there doorstep. hehe

dirtjers

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 102
  • Far out man.
« Reply #28 on: December 10, 2006, 10:46:17 PM »
both eldridge and ladjanski had awesome stuff in plain and simple, definitely still ripping.

co

« Reply #29 on: December 11, 2006, 09:48:33 AM »
yeah petes part is dope. its like 1.5 to 2 minutes long I guess. Maldonados en KT's parts are def. dope as well. Underground flick of the year.