Author Topic: Dishonored.  (Read 2143 times)

brianwilson

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -35
    • Flickr avatar image
Dishonored.
« on: August 17, 2012, 12:24:05 PM »
I kept seeing the ad for it on top of slap and the side. So I finally said fuck it and checked the game out.
The same makers of Skyrim, and Fallout 3 made this. Bethesda.
Trailer.
Dishonored -- Debut Trailer
Here's some gameplay.
Dishonored Golden Cat E3 Gameplay Walkthrough -- Part 1

I lost it when I saw you can blink into a fish to get in the building.

ALT

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 124
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Dishonored.
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2012, 05:19:44 PM »
I've never heard of it before, but it looks pretty damn good. I like the sound of how you can play without killing anyone. Its usually takes alot more thought. Especially with those different powers you can use like possessing people and fish.

brianwilson

• Flickr avatar image
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2012, 06:23:25 PM »
Yes! Or when you can make it look like an accident by turning the gas on and killing people. The game looks very promising, and I'm glad they had an ad on slap or else I don't think I would've seen it.
Pre ordering this and assassins creed 3.

Rayden

• Rep: -4
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2012, 10:13:15 PM »
I'm hyped on this game. It looks like it has a lot of similar elements as bioshock which is one of my favorite games.

also, Bethsda isn't developing this game, they're just publishing it.

brianwilson

• Flickr avatar image
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2012, 07:32:05 AM »
As long as bethesda has something to do with the game.

What reminds you of bioshock with this game?
I think it has more of a deus ex feel.

Rayden

• Rep: -4
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2012, 03:23:42 PM »
from some of the screen shots and gameplay i've seen. It looks like it plays similar to bioshock but with stealth. The whole hand power stuff mostly. Here's a link about it, apparently many others have thought the same thing. http://www.ripten.com/2012/09/04/dont-feel-dishonored-if-youre-not-invited-to-the-party-preview/

and its interesting to see you say as long as bethsda has something to do with it. Them having something to do with it almost makes me want to pass on it.

Smell Good

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 54
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2012, 08:22:07 AM »
I wanna build a goddamn PC to play this thing. I've never built a computer before and the thought of it just seems so daunting to be honest. I'm already thinking about the logistics of it - thing is, I might have to redo my whole bedroom command center set up and that's just gonna be more money.

foureyedjim

« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2012, 03:32:32 AM »
beat it, gonna play it again because there is so much to do in this game. 

Multiple ways to get through levels, different powers to get past security, etc.

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 261
  • tiger style
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2012, 09:33:22 AM »
I wanna build a goddamn PC to play this thing. I've never built a computer before and the thought of it just seems so daunting to be honest. I'm already thinking about the logistics of it - thing is, I might have to redo my whole bedroom command center set up and that's just gonna be more money.

building PCs sucks unless you do it a lot. the problem is when something goes wrong you need two parts to be able to trouble shoot which part is broken. so for example, you put it together and it doesn't start, could be mother board, memory, graphics card, etc... how do you trouble shoot? you have to swap each part for one you know works. how do you do that? well you have to have another working computer that you can swap in and out parts on. computers are cheap now and IMHO, it's not worth building them anymore.

brianwilson

• Flickr avatar image
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2012, 02:43:36 PM »
beat it, gonna play it again because there is so much to do in this game. 

Multiple ways to get through levels, different powers to get past security, etc.

How long did it take you to beat it?

shone237

« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2012, 04:12:43 PM »
did anyone play this that like Deus Ex? Cause that game was super fun and this looks like a boring version of it. I'm sure I'm wrong, but curious how the 2 games compare.

brianwilson

• Flickr avatar image
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2012, 08:32:04 PM »
There's people that didn't really like deus ex but like this.

frisco

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2012, 07:59:55 PM »
I was on the fence, but after watching this. Fuck. Gonna get it once the price drops

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_eqOMI8_txw

brianwilson

• Flickr avatar image
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2012, 07:11:31 PM »
That is possible to do, as you have seen.

But hard a fuck though. That person was very skilled at the game.
Or maybe it's just me.

way2funky

« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2012, 09:54:03 PM »

InternetDaddy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 42
  • sup breh
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2012, 12:48:52 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

building PCs sucks unless you do it a lot. the problem is when something goes wrong you need two parts to be able to trouble shoot which part is broken. so for example, you put it together and it doesn't start, could be mother board, memory, graphics card, etc... how do you trouble shoot? you have to swap each part for one you know works. how do you do that? well you have to have another working computer that you can swap in and out parts on. computers are cheap now and IMHO, it's not worth building them anymore.
This can be true, but not necessarily. I built my tower, and it was really easy. You just have to make sure to do your research before you buy it, to make sure the parts are all compatible. Although you have a point if something shows up broken, but that hasn't happened to me before, Newegg has been kind to me.
Look I'm not selling anything that doesn't have my jizz on it. I don't care how much is offered.

Patey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 93
« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2012, 09:44:36 PM »
this game fucking rules. just started it two days ago and have put a few good hours in by now.

running through rooms without getting touched like that video up there isnt easy though...

definitely worth the money i may or may not have paid for it on pc