Author Topic: NBA Thread  (Read 371020 times)

Tracer

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
Re: NBA Thread
« Reply #1560 on: April 19, 2014, 09:24:52 PM »
Thank god for the Warriors and Clippers game today. All the excitement in that game made up for all the other extremely boring  match ups we saw. People should not be subjected to watch the pointless and dull playoff games in the Eastern Conference
Still better than NHL hockey

abraham linksys

• Rep: 1
« Reply #1561 on: April 20, 2014, 01:31:06 AM »
that pacers game was hard to watch and they might just shit the bed.
roy hibbert is fucking terrible lately n jeff teague was flying past all of the pacers like trees in the ground.
raptors/nets was not so bad other than that shot clock shit but itll probably go six games to the nets.
I think bulls/wizards will be tight. hope john wall goes off but you never know with him.
bobcats are going to get run over fast but hey I'm shocked they are even here but good for them n mj. leastern confrence
durrant wont be denied but Memphis will still probably win 2 games.
clippers dubs will go 7 games idk to who yet but its the best series out there right now.
Houston/Portland will be interesting if the blazers actually play there game if not the beard will run all over em.
and finally as much as I hate to admit it the spurs will bore there way right past dirk n monta ellis.

raptors gm screamin fuck Brooklyn!

Beer Keg Peg Leg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -35
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1562 on: April 20, 2014, 02:07:23 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Last day of regular season hoops! a lot is still on the line I kind of want the Raptors to lose tonight so we can slip down to 4th and stay out of Miami's bracket. I'm confident going into a series against Brooklyn not saying we'll beat them not saying they'll beat us it will be a good series either way.??  Some of the Western Conference scenarios are pretty interesting aswell I'd like Dallas to slip to 8th seed because Spurs will struggle with Memphis

yeah but dude if you are 4th in the standings that means you are automatically worse than chicago, standings = how good a team is, remember?

http://www.nba.com/2014/news/04/15/2014-nba-playoff-scenarios-for-april-15/index.html?ls=iref:nbahpt13a

[close]
[close]

Yeah in the regular season it's a thing called standings so the teams that beat more teams get things like home court advantage and division titles ect not to mention even outside of the standings my Raps we're playing better basketball in basically every category than Chicago at the time but you ESPN and Bill Simmons can keep ignoring the facts.

Just don't be surprised when your Bulls barley squeak by Washington because they can't score more than 70 points.
[close]

i guess i can forgive you for not being familiar with the concept of defense and how necessary it is in the playoffs, seeing as how your historically trash franchise hasn't been on the big stage in what....8 years? hope you are looking forward to brooklyn waxing that ass.
[close]

You're right defense is crucial to having post season success and making a deep playoff run you know what's next up after that? the ability to come back from double digit deficits and sound offensive execution something that Chicago can not do. And if you think Brooklyn will "wax that ass" you must have not seen a single Nets game all season.

EARL***THE***PEARL

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -114
  • MR.MADN3SSS LOVES YOU... NT MM
« Reply #1563 on: April 20, 2014, 07:46:26 AM »
Expand Quote
Thank god for the Warriors and Clippers game today. All the excitement in that game made up for all the other extremely boring?  match ups we saw. People should not be subjected to watch the pointless and dull playoff games in the Eastern Conference
[close]

this, plus I actually enjoyed that Pacers game I've only seen Teague a handful of times earlier in the year so watching him carve up the Pacers was pretty damn entertaining

EARL***THE***PEARL

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1564 on: April 20, 2014, 07:55:03 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Last day of regular season hoops! a lot is still on the line I kind of want the Raptors to lose tonight so we can slip down to 4th and stay out of Miami's bracket. I'm confident going into a series against Brooklyn not saying we'll beat them not saying they'll beat us it will be a good series either way.???  Some of the Western Conference scenarios are pretty interesting aswell I'd like Dallas to slip to 8th seed because Spurs will struggle with Memphis

yeah but dude if you are 4th in the standings that means you are automatically worse than chicago, standings = how good a team is, remember?

http://www.nba.com/2014/news/04/15/2014-nba-playoff-scenarios-for-april-15/index.html?ls=iref:nbahpt13a

[close]
[close]

Yeah in the regular season it's a thing called standings so the teams that beat more teams get things like home court advantage and division titles ect not to mention even outside of the standings my Raps we're playing better basketball in basically every category than Chicago at the time but you ESPN and Bill Simmons can keep ignoring the facts.

Just don't be surprised when your Bulls barley squeak by Washington because they can't score more than 70 points.
[close]

i guess i can forgive you for not being familiar with the concept of defense and how necessary it is in the playoffs, seeing as how your historically trash franchise hasn't been on the big stage in what....8 years? hope you are looking forward to brooklyn waxing that ass.
[close]

You're right defense is crucial to having post season success and making a deep playoff run you know what's next up after that? the ability to come back from double digit deficits and sound offensive execution something that Chicago can not do. And if you think Brooklyn will "wax that ass" you must have not seen a single Nets game all season.
[close]

We turned the ball over 19 times and our best player was basically a non factor and the game STILL came down to the last 3 minutes.That doesn't bode well for the Nets. Also why don't you save your crude pictures till the series is over? it's just one game... show some class

Tracer

• Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1565 on: April 20, 2014, 01:34:05 PM »
lol the raptors have no chance. KG gets to set illegal screens all game, Pierce is allowed to travel, and Joe Johnson can hit shots late game. It doesn't bode well for Toronto with their history of choking

silkyjohnson

« Reply #1566 on: April 20, 2014, 04:08:12 PM »
Blake Griffin mad as fuck, GO DUBS

weedpop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 308
« Reply #1567 on: April 20, 2014, 05:28:42 PM »
As petty as it was, Blake "inadvertently" dumping water on those warriors bros was one of the highlights of that game.

Tracer

« Reply #1568 on: April 20, 2014, 05:40:07 PM »
John Wall is fucking trash, getting manhandled by DJ Augustin and Kirk Hinrich. Whoever pays him max money is F in the head

abraham linksys

« Reply #1569 on: April 20, 2014, 06:45:21 PM »

good for washington, john wall played like shit but washingtons defense was killin it today.

Beer Keg Peg Leg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -35
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1570 on: April 20, 2014, 07:02:03 PM »
i didn't rrealize how good washington are, their bigs were killing it

Ernie McCracken

• Rep: 35
« Reply #1571 on: April 20, 2014, 09:07:39 PM »
Expand Quote
Thank god for the Warriors and Clippers game today. All the excitement in that game made up for all the other extremely boring  match ups we saw. People should not be subjected to watch the pointless and dull playoff games in the Eastern Conference
[close]

No. Don't make idiotic statements just because you don't have the patience to watch hockey. Does anyone really care about the outcomes of the Bulls/Wizards series? Does anyone really care about the outcome of the Nets/Raptors series? The Heat will blow by the first 2 rounds then face either a slumping Indy or another terrible Eastern conference team. While certainly there are favorites in the NHL playoffs, things are still wide open for most teams to make a run.

Tracer

« Reply #1572 on: April 21, 2014, 12:15:54 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

No. Don't make idiotic statements just because you don't have the patience to watch hockey. Does anyone really care about the outcomes of the Bulls/Wizards series? Does anyone really care about the outcome of the Nets/Raptors series? The Heat will blow by the first 2 rounds then face either a slumping Indy or another terrible Eastern conference team. While certainly there are favorites in the NHL playoffs, things are still wide open for most teams to make a run.
NHL is a 3 hour joke. Literally anyone can play if they have enough heart

Ernie McCracken

« Reply #1573 on: April 21, 2014, 12:29:55 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
NHL is a 3 hour joke. Literally anyone can play if they have enough heart

I don't even think I can respond to that... Literally.

Tracer

« Reply #1574 on: April 21, 2014, 12:52:36 AM »
Talk about idiotic statements

Raptors had 10 000 fans outside the ACC so yes people care if they win or lose. We have Atlanta punking Indy anything can happen in the NBA. Portland won a game they were destined to lose, probably the best game of the year

Ernie McCracken

« Reply #1575 on: April 21, 2014, 09:13:33 AM »
Talk about idiotic statements

Raptors had 10 000 fans outside the ACC so yes people care if they win or lose. We have Atlanta punking Indy anything can happen in the NBA. Portland won a game they were destined to lose, probably the best game of the year

Last time I checked Portland and Houston were not in the Eastern Conference... Read what I type before you speak...

And I said before, the Pacers have been in a slump for a while now where they don't look like the one seed that has is supposed to take off the Heat. So I would not be totally surprised if they get knocked off early. And if anything that just proves my point.. Indy sucking just means the East lost one of their two teams that had a real shot in going to the finals and winning it all. It doesn't matter if the Hawks, Nets, Raptors, Bulls, or Wizards advance, they aren't going anywhere because they wont get past the heat nor would they ever have a chance against a western conference team in the Finals. Of course people in the team's hometown are going to care... I'm talking about everyone else

EARL***THE***PEARL

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1576 on: April 21, 2014, 09:58:35 AM »
I will agree with you on one thing no team no team in the East stands a chance vs the Western Conference elite INCLUDING Miami. BUT you can't just throw My Raps ,Washington, Chicago ect under the bus like that. Indy isn't the only top team that's been struggling Miami barley played 500 basketball down the stretch and I don't care if Lebron's minutes were reduced bla bla bla San Antonio rested the big guns down the stretch and finished 17-2.

I can't say with confidence Miami is going to streamroll any team in the second round like last year.

EPetrov

• Rep: -30
« Reply #1577 on: April 21, 2014, 01:59:08 PM »
I'm going to Bulls game 2 tomorrow night!!!!
my first NBA game

gnidraobetaks

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 22
  • this is joab
« Reply #1578 on: April 21, 2014, 03:43:09 PM »
I'm gonna make a bold prediction and say warriors get the w again tonight

Gotta manscape ... it's mandatory.

Tracer

« Reply #1579 on: April 21, 2014, 06:51:42 PM »
This game will be epic. I hope the Warriors win but that's a thin prediction. Jermaine Oneal is the xfactor

abraham linksys

« Reply #1580 on: April 21, 2014, 07:43:17 PM »
oh my :o

Tracer

« Reply #1581 on: April 21, 2014, 07:45:47 PM »
Memphis game is going off right now. Perkins with the clutch shot  ::)

Ernie McCracken

« Reply #1582 on: April 21, 2014, 09:55:24 PM »
I will agree with you on one thing no team no team in the East stands a chance vs the Western Conference elite INCLUDING Miami. BUT you can't just throw My Raps ,Washington, Chicago ect under the bus like that. Indy isn't the only top team that's been struggling Miami barley played 500 basketball down the stretch and I don't care if Lebron's minutes were reduced bla bla bla San Antonio rested the big guns down the stretch and finished 17-2.

I can't say with confidence Miami is going to streamroll any team in the second round like last year.

I'll watch those teams and appreciate them in the regular season, but in the playoffs I don't see the point in watching them.

Seeing Miami this vulnerable makes things even more frustrating. But since Indy is struggling even more and the rest of the field isnt good, they will still most likely make there way to the finals. And it probably won't be a smooth ride for them, but they will get there and then will probably turn it on for the finals. Miami really only has to show up and bring their A game for one series and thats the finals. It would be much more entertaining if they had to go through a grueling playoff run in the west and play real competition.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2014, 11:08:01 AM by Ernie McCracken »

Tracer

« Reply #1583 on: April 21, 2014, 10:04:07 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I'll watch those teams and appreciate them in the regular season, but in the playoffs I don't see the point in watching them.

Seeing Miami this vulnerable makes things even more frustrating. But since Indy is struggling even more and the rest of the field isnt good, they will still most likely make there way to the finals. And it probably won't be a smooth ride for them, but they will get there and then will probably turn it on for the finals. Miami really only has to show up and bring their A game for one series and thats the finals. I would be much more entertaining if they had to go through a grueling playoff run in the west and play real competition.
Miami is in the best position to make the finals. So many secret weapons even Bosh shoots 3s now. Shooting..defense. superstars,, bosh it's a 1 way train to the finals.

EPetrov

• Rep: -30
« Reply #1584 on: April 21, 2014, 10:14:49 PM »
lol,who did you consult with anty cleo?

gnidraobetaks

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 22
  • this is joab
« Reply #1585 on: April 21, 2014, 10:58:27 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
lol,who did you consult with anty cleo?
nah, i consulted with my balls.
dubs just let em win, they were tired of blake squirting tears so they let him get his good day badge.

Gotta manscape ... it's mandatory.

abraham linksys

« Reply #1586 on: April 21, 2014, 11:04:35 PM »
my god clippers/warriors was a fucking garbage game. game 3 better be good.
this is the number one series to watch but that was the absolute worst game in the playoffs by far even tho there has only been only like 10 games.
I don't know if it can be topped unless the heat beat the bobcats by like 65 points and I fall asleep.
shits embarrassing down by 40 it better get nasty, dubs should went detroit bad boys on em
but at least I got this chicken wing out of it I guess.

tangar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 64
  • THINK LESS
« Reply #1587 on: April 22, 2014, 01:01:01 AM »
Big Baby Vagina. I know the warriors played bad the first half (but that didnt stop them game 1) but if you look at the scores in the 3rd and 4th quarter it doesnt look that bad, only got outscored 6 in the 3rd and 8 in the 4th. i just hope the warriors play as physical and poised in games 3 and 4 as they did in game 1. GO WARRIORS! FUCK FLOP SHITTY!
Man the long board truck thing killed indy for me. I was willing to set aside the racism, but long boarding, gtfo... - DH

abraham linksys

« Reply #1588 on: April 22, 2014, 03:25:49 PM »
I think the washinton wizards will win again tonight. john wall and bradley beal went 7 for 25 combined in game 1
and I doubt that'll happen again. also blows my mind guys like nene and gortat are huge factors lately.
toronto raptors will hold it down tonight and get the W if demar derozen decides to show up and play tonight.
indiana pacers will win tonight. game 1 was ridiculous and a wake up call.  someone needs to step up whether it be paul george or lance stephenson since they'll be paying for it on the defensive end all game with dumpy slow roy hibbert in there watching jeff teague blow by.
I have no interest in seeing ATL going any further but watch it somehow go 7 games.
If they somehow lose tonight at home again frank vogel better dust off that resume.
lets see summa dis tonight PG!

Big Skatefase

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 561
« Reply #1589 on: April 22, 2014, 10:20:40 PM »
good game in chicago.

you can see that john wall and bradley beal are starting to mature. pretty funny to see nene give the dpoy joakim noah that work.