Author Topic: NBA Thread  (Read 370601 times)

smokecrack

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -160
Re: NBA Thread
« Reply #1950 on: July 11, 2014, 08:09:03 PM »
Been doing the happy dance all fucking day!! Can't wait to basketball season!!

hahahahaha

the biggest butthurt Cavs fan all of a sudden loves LBJ again.

i wonder how many Cavs fans are re-buying his jersey after burning it.

vegan*shawn

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -416
  • listen to Jawbreaker
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1951 on: July 11, 2014, 08:15:12 PM »
You act like we didn't have nothing to be pissed about! Now he can bring a championship to Cleveland and be a legend!

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #1952 on: July 11, 2014, 08:41:04 PM »
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

bentmode

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
  • Da$h
« Reply #1953 on: July 11, 2014, 09:07:03 PM »
fact: vegan shawn has trash talked lebron over the past four years with having little to no basketball iq

fact: vegan shawn's favorite font is comic sans

speculation: vegan shawn is really dan gilbert

the defense stands.
Han solo blew up the Death Star in Episode 4.  Heard it from a friend.  Reliable source.

vegan*shawn

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -416
  • listen to Jawbreaker
« Reply #1954 on: July 12, 2014, 11:31:23 AM »
fact: vegan shawn has trash talked lebron over the past four years with having little to no basketball iq

fact: vegan shawn's favorite font is comic sans

speculation: vegan shawn is really dan gilbert

the defense stands.

Ha ha I wish I had his money. For the record I didn't trash talk Lebron, I trash talked him screwing over Cleveland, now that he is back all is forgiven :)

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1955 on: July 12, 2014, 01:21:47 PM »
Melo back to Knicks.

http://www.slamonline.com/nba/carmelo-anthony-to-sign-5-year-deal-knicks/

Pau will most likely play for the Bulls.
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #1956 on: July 12, 2014, 01:23:15 PM »
Going to be another sad year for the Knicks. Fuck... The Atlantic division is horrific

bentmode

• SLAP Pal
  • Da$h
« Reply #1957 on: July 12, 2014, 01:42:28 PM »
uhhh the raptors and nets both made the playoffs last year and the 76ers have the highest ceiling as far as prospects go.
Han solo blew up the Death Star in Episode 4.  Heard it from a friend.  Reliable source.

smokecrack

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -160
« Reply #1958 on: July 12, 2014, 02:47:54 PM »
Pau Gasol will be playing for the Bulls next season

http://twitter.com/paugasol/status/488073294709809152

@paugasol
It hasn't been easy. After meditating it a lot I've chosen to play with the Chicago Bulls. Looking forward to this new chapter of my career

Trevor Ariza is reportedly signing a 4 year deal with the Rockets

http://twitter.com/sam_amick/status/488072252886245376

@sam_amick: The Houston Rockets have agreed to a four-year, $32 million deal with Trevor Ariza, @USATODAYsports has learned.

the LeBron deal is for 2 years (but reports are saying he plans to re-sign after his contract is up)

http://twitter.com/SportsCenter/status/488074367319175168

SportsCenter ‏@SportsCenter 29s
THIS JUST IN: LeBron James' deal with Cavaliers will be for 2 years, $42.1 million. (via @WindhorstESPN)

the Lakers F.O. is so terrible nowadays.  Kobe is more than fucked. next season is going to be brutal to watch.

@thewilleasley

« Reply #1959 on: July 12, 2014, 03:05:53 PM »
the Pau move is interesting if they also bring in Mirotic as well. Those 2 alongside Taj & Noah would give the Chicago the most depth in the frontcourt across the league. I still feel they need another good SG or SF but I definitely think they did a job addressing their scoring issue despite not getting Melo. McDermott, Mirotic, & Pau should boost their offensive significantly. I feel like karma's on Rose's side and he's gonna come back to his All-star ways. He won't have nearly as much weight to carry on offense with 3 other guys who can create their own shot. McDermott & Mirotic are both young with a lot of potential though, so it should be interesting to see how Thibs can develop them.

BallDontLie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 678
« Reply #1960 on: July 12, 2014, 03:43:35 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Still nothing arghh , Bosh in Houston would be awesome they need him. Melo and Lebron will probably stay put, so that leaves Love as the big question.
[close]

haha houston is trash, bosh would make them even worse. No defense
[close]

You're an idiot if you truly think bosh would make the Rockets worse. He'd start at the 4 over terrence jones who is defensive liability as much as Harden. Albeit he's only been in the NBA for a year, year and a half. Doesn't matter though Bosh got a carlos lee esque contract from Miami,

And James/Irving/Wiggins ? Yikes
[close]
Cavs have no bench, Kyrie can't shoot, and I'm supposed to trust a rookie and Bennett?

You're serious ? The bulk of the offense won't have to go through Kyrie. And wiggins will be playing next to the best player in the league. AND They're in the eastern conference. Shouldn't take much.
if the mods were wu-tang, dean would be cappadonna

Tracer

• Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1961 on: July 12, 2014, 03:50:59 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Still nothing arghh , Bosh in Houston would be awesome they need him. Melo and Lebron will probably stay put, so that leaves Love as the big question.
[close]

[close]

You're an idiot if you truly think bosh would make the Rockets worse. He'd start at the 4 over terrence jones who is defensive liability as much as Harden. Albeit he's only been in the NBA for a year, year and a half. Doesn't matter though Bosh got a carlos lee esque contract from Miami,

[close]
Cavs have no bench, Kyrie can't shoot, and I'm supposed to trust a rookie and Bennett?
[close]

You're serious ? The bulk of the offense won't have to go through Kyrie. And wiggins will be playing next to the best player in the league. AND They're in the eastern conference. Shouldn't take much.
These new superstar teams never work, Indiana will cruise to the Finals unless Cleveland gets Love.

Nick..

• Rep: 10
« Reply #1962 on: July 12, 2014, 07:10:22 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
These new superstar teams never work, Indiana will cruise to the Finals unless Cleveland gets Love.
Two championships in 4 years for Miami, but yeah, these superstar teams never work  ::)

ChronicBluntSlider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
« Reply #1963 on: July 12, 2014, 07:29:50 PM »
In LeBron's letter he mentions looking forward to playing with Kyrie and fuckin Tristan Thompson and all these guys but never mentions Wiggins. I'm thinking he might already know something about Love. Would've been cool to see Bosh on Houston and Carmelo on Chicago. With Cleveland, San Antonio, and OKC that would've been 5 teams with a legit title chance. Good thing the Lakers 1st round pick they traded to Phoenix is top 5 protected. They're going to need it.

bentmode

• SLAP Pal
  • Da$h
« Reply #1964 on: July 12, 2014, 09:27:18 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]
Two championships in 4 years for Miami, but yeah, these superstar teams never work  ::)

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1965 on: July 12, 2014, 09:29:36 PM »
The Truth is now a Wizard.

Tracer

« Reply #1966 on: July 12, 2014, 11:13:48 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]
[close]

There's a reason Cleveland is only 3/1 to win the finals, previous years Heat were favorites if not small dogs. Spurs would carve this team up even with Love, it takes a long time for a team to perform to their capabilities.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1967 on: July 12, 2014, 11:52:04 PM »
Couple more Transactions.

The Miami Heat are reportedly pursuing Luol Deng with an offer near $10M per season.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2107588-luol-deng-rumors-latest-buzz-speculation-surrounding-free-agent-star

Trevor Ariza and the Houston Rockets have reportedly agreed to a 4-year, $32M deal.

Details: http://bit.ly/1tBajfb

The Ghost of Lenny Kirk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -146
« Reply #1968 on: July 13, 2014, 07:56:31 AM »
does the NBA pay you to post on here too?

weedpop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 308
« Reply #1969 on: July 13, 2014, 10:41:44 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

Kyrie's hero-ball tendencies will be kept in check now that he's no longer the only all-star on his team and that will go a long way towards getting the Cav's offense running more smoothly. Everything I've been reading suggests the Cavs don't want to trade Wiggins but the only other way they're getting Love is through some kind of miraculous sign and trade.

I have no idea where Love's landing spot is going to be but surely Minnesota wouldn't risk letting him go for nothing in free agency just for another season of fighting for the 8th seed...would they?

bentmode

• SLAP Pal
  • Da$h
« Reply #1970 on: July 14, 2014, 04:25:30 AM »
Don't underestimate the lunacy of the timberwolves. They passed on Stephan curry and were banking on Brandon Roy to miraculously have knees again for example.

EARL***THE***PEARL

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -114
  • MR.MADN3SSS LOVES YOU... NT MM
« Reply #1971 on: July 16, 2014, 02:41:47 PM »
Aaaaa as much as I'm loving summer I miss me some NBA hoops Lance signing with Charlotte!!?? I wonder how that's gonna work out  ::) hahahaha

bentmode

• SLAP Pal
  • Da$h
« Reply #1972 on: July 16, 2014, 03:09:14 PM »
Lance'll make em dance

Tracer

« Reply #1973 on: July 16, 2014, 08:41:40 PM »
Awesome new court

Getting Lance obviously helps CHA, he's dumb but can do basketball things consistently.. That or this is just another MJ blunder

Monty Burns

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -325
  • Release the hounds
« Reply #1974 on: July 17, 2014, 03:24:21 PM »
Spurs winning , Lakers loosing , its going to be a wonderful season !

PAWL

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -67
« Reply #1975 on: July 18, 2014, 12:24:00 PM »
Spurs winning , Lakers loosing , its going to be a wonderful season !

they got Lin and Boozer ;D ;D. Being a sixers fan, watching them suffer is the greatest treat after they bounced AI from the finals back in the day.
yo mike mo new age ape style high five with my reborn hand.

2008 psychedelic experience. thanks.

EARL***THE***PEARL

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -114
  • MR.MADN3SSS LOVES YOU... NT MM
« Reply #1976 on: July 23, 2014, 06:12:21 PM »
Already got my eye on some Fantasy sleepers

Lance's numbers will go up significantly now that he has a bigger offensive role will it translate into wins who knows?

Olidipo, with Nelson gone he's going to get alot more touches he was already bench worthy in deep leauges last season his number will go up big time this season

Danny Granger, with the huge void to fill with the departure of Lebron and Wade likely playing half a season DG will be chucking those threes

Steven Adams, I have a feeling come October he'll be OKC's new starting C we've seen what he can do in limited minutes, playing starters minutes he'll be racking up a ton of boards and blocks.

Just to name a few, I wouldn't pick these players super high (maybe Lance) but some guys that I have on my radar for sleeper picks   

Tracer

« Reply #1977 on: July 23, 2014, 11:20:20 PM »
Sterling is giving the NBA a major black eye by holding out. It's an 80% black league and guy made racist rants on air... Give it up man Donalds legacy is tainted enough. I hope Doc quits and coaches Phoenix or New Orleans, teams with a bright future.

bentmode

• SLAP Pal
  • Da$h
« Reply #1978 on: July 24, 2014, 05:32:12 PM »
Already got my eye on some Fantasy sleepers

Lance's numbers will go up significantly now that he has a bigger offensive role will it translate into wins who knows?

Olidipo, with Nelson gone he's going to get alot more touches he was already bench worthy in deep leauges last season his number will go up big time this season

Danny Granger, with the huge void to fill with the departure of Lebron and Wade likely playing half a season DG will be chucking those threes

Steven Adams, I have a feeling come October he'll be OKC's new starting C we've seen what he can do in limited minutes, playing starters minutes he'll be racking up a ton of boards and blocks.

Just to name a few, I wouldn't pick these players super high (maybe Lance) but some guys that I have on my radar for sleeper picks   

youre tripping dude. big al is still the cornerstone of the hornets offense. olidipo isnt a true pg and is forced to play with the ball in his hands which hinders more than helps. danny granger. lol. you seem to have forgotten that miami signed loul deng. scotty brooks hates starting his best five players and steven adams has to learn how to play without fouling. keep digging.

weedpop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 308
« Reply #1979 on: July 25, 2014, 01:31:16 AM »
Seriously, why hasn't Scott Brooks been fired yet? My eyes still hurt from watching them in the playoffs last season.