Author Topic: NBA Thread  (Read 371081 times)

cky enthusiast

Re: NBA Thread
« Reply #4080 on: March 10, 2022, 08:19:30 PM »
blood clot

DaleSr

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1428
« Reply #4081 on: March 10, 2022, 08:55:37 PM »

No take backs, he's yours now

BallDontLie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 678
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #4082 on: March 11, 2022, 05:34:36 AM »

Hahaha

Seen it for 10 years. Really high highs, but some very low lows.

I mean at least he’s better than the corpse of Ben summons.
if the mods were wu-tang, dean would be cappadonna

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4083 on: March 11, 2022, 06:20:18 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Hahaha

I've had to suffer through TWO 3-1 COLLAPSES. TWO
praise be to ty lue, glen rivers will only hurt you

PAWL

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -67
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #4084 on: March 11, 2022, 09:45:24 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Hahaha

[close]

I really hope he’s gone after this year. Idk what he does besides not play our young capable backup centers over deandre Jordan’s useless corpse
yo mike mo new age ape style high five with my reborn hand.

2008 psychedelic experience. thanks.

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4085 on: March 11, 2022, 10:51:43 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Hahaha

[close]

[close]

I really hope he’s gone after this year. Idk what he does besides not play our young capable backup centers over deandre Jordan’s useless corpse

Bro welcome to my life from 2013-20 before his ass got canned. So many horrible roster decisions and he's always horrible at adjusting on the fly. He will run a game plan over and over even if it's totally failing (see: nuggets series) and is terrible at developing young talent. I'm so glad we have the antithesis of doc in ty lue now

thebacker

« Reply #4086 on: March 11, 2022, 11:56:09 AM »
what the actual fuck was that

rhetoric

• Rep: 24
  • Sparkalonius Died For You
« Reply #4087 on: March 11, 2022, 08:46:00 PM »
Ty Lu

The activity itself is self-explanatory: Use your fingers to maneuver a small skateboard. But many pros like famous fingerboarder Joe D say this seemingly easy fingerboarding requires the same precision and determination as skateboarding.

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4088 on: March 14, 2022, 07:25:31 AM »
This Lakers team is on some curb your enthusiasm shit

rhetoric

• Rep: 24
  • Sparkalonius Died For You
« Reply #4089 on: March 14, 2022, 01:51:21 PM »
This Lakers team is on some curb your enthusiasm shit

Last night was sad.
The activity itself is self-explanatory: Use your fingers to maneuver a small skateboard. But many pros like famous fingerboarder Joe D say this seemingly easy fingerboarding requires the same precision and determination as skateboarding.

thebacker

« Reply #4090 on: March 15, 2022, 07:38:00 AM »

thebacker

« Reply #4091 on: March 16, 2022, 06:34:42 AM »
that kyrie 60 piece was masterful

BallDontLie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4092 on: March 17, 2022, 06:14:48 AM »
My team has only won 15 games, but man it’s hard not to laugh at bev’s antics..

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4093 on: March 17, 2022, 07:39:11 AM »
My team has only won 15 games, but man it’s hard not to laugh at bev’s antics..

I fucking love that man. I will always love him. He deserves a jersey retirement for the Clippers

fredgallSOTY

« Reply #4094 on: March 17, 2022, 09:15:08 AM »
+1 pat bev appreciation

easily in my top 5 favorite players of all time

BallDontLie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4095 on: March 17, 2022, 09:39:15 AM »
I’ll always have a soft spot for him… i remember going to a few games 2013-16 ish, he ALWAYS made time for the fans/kids. I enjoy seeing that.

Makes NBA more fun to watch. Attitude era WWF. His beef with Westbrook is forever entertaining.

thebacker

« Reply #4096 on: March 17, 2022, 12:25:02 PM »
man this season has been SO fucking good

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4097 on: March 17, 2022, 01:08:43 PM »
man this season has been SO fucking good

So much drama

And any year the Lakers have a lot of hype and then CRATER is going to be entertaining

sometimeperhaps

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 143
« Reply #4098 on: March 18, 2022, 12:47:35 PM »
Can someone fill the most casual fan in with what happened with Westbrook? I’ve become aware of how much heat this guy is taking.

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4099 on: March 18, 2022, 01:33:25 PM »
Can someone fill the most casual fan in with what happened with Westbrook? I’ve become aware of how much heat this guy is taking.

I'll try and be brief

Russ originally signed a super max with the thunder on the heels of his mvp triple double seasons. However, in the wake of them trading PG for SGA and all of our (the Clippers) picks for the foreseeable future, the thunder realized that Melo was kind of washed and not old Melo. After a year of russ pushing the Boulder up the hill and not being able to break out of the first round, they traded him to the rockets for Chris Paul in daryl moreys high stakes game to ruin basketball with James harden.

Russ was still playing at a high level but they could not break through the ceiling to reach the finals, so russ was traded to the wizards in another bid to build around harden. Russ had a surprising bounce back season with the wizards and LeBron got his gm cap on and demanded that the Lakers mortgage their future and role players for russ's monstrous 45 mil a year contract.

Now people had long been speculating that based on russ' physical style of play and his failure to improve his shooting efficiency, that this contract was going to become one of the worst in basketball. As a result, teams had been playing hot potato with him to see who would be left holding the bag when his play began to decline.

That team happened to be this current Lakers team who jettisoned the shooters who spaced the floor to make LeBron and Anthony Davis's lives easier and helped them win a championship as well as not prioritizing players like Caruso or overvaluing the wrong players (refusing to include talen Horton Tucker in trade talks with SAC for Buddy Hield). It all combined to create this mess of a team. With Davis sidelined with yet another injury, it fell to russ, LeBron and Melo to try and carry the team in his absence. Unfortunately, all three of them have begun to show the effects of father time in their declining games as well as all three of them not giving a fuck about defense outside of flashy chase down blocks or risky steal attempts that lead to blown assignments more than deflections.

Now that LeBron is pissed and it's clear that this team is garbagé, the media has pointed the biggest finger at russ for his inefficient shooting, turnovers and horrendous defense.

to make matters worse, Russ; a player INFAMOUS for talking mad shit on the court and for rocking the baby after yamming it on other players, has taken extreme umbrage with his new moniker "westbrick" for his consistently off target jump shot and has been battling with fans and other players who are more than happy to pile on him after years of him doing the same.

Furthermore, Russell played at ucla and is himself from Los Angeles, making what he surely hoped was a triumphant homecoming in a bid to win the Lakers another championship, instead another layer of salt in the festering wound that is this current Lakers season

I know i completely failed in my directive to make it brief, but i thought it best to give the necessary context for why this season is SO disastrous

sometimeperhaps

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 143
« Reply #4100 on: March 18, 2022, 03:47:51 PM »
Naw that was perfect, I appreciate the write up. Makes a lot of sense, and fills abunch of gaps in my knowledge. The NBA is sure consistent with drama, keeps things entertaining.

It always seemed crazy to me how often superstars bounce from teams, compared to other leagues. But I guess when a few of the right players get together they can carry a team to the championship.

BallDontLie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4101 on: March 18, 2022, 04:51:37 PM »
All the drama makes basketball so much more entertaining. Especially come playoffs time IE if Philly and Brooklyn meet.

And Russ doing that rock the baby thing whilst being down by 30 points is a Peak Westbrook bit lol

trashparty

« Reply #4102 on: March 18, 2022, 05:42:48 PM »
Curry potentially out for the season... Suns got the west this year again. dont @ me

cp3 gonna get another shot at a ring

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4103 on: March 18, 2022, 06:33:33 PM »
Curry potentially out for the season... Suns got the west this year again. dont @ me

They've gotta go for it. If they don't, shit is gonna get ugly. Gonna be some Utah jazz "fraud 1 seed" talk if they can't take it all the way

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4104 on: March 18, 2022, 06:36:20 PM »
All the drama makes basketball so much more entertaining. Especially come playoffs time IE if Philly and Brooklyn meet.

And Russ doing that rock the baby thing whilst being down by 30 points is a Peak Westbrook bit lol

Also i can't wait for the playoffs with this clippers team. If we get one star back we have the potential to really make a mess for whoever we're up against. I think that's made this season so fun to watch, the fact that there are such low expectations for this team and we've consistently punched above our expectations

cky enthusiast

« Reply #4105 on: March 18, 2022, 08:24:56 PM »
sixers back on they dumb (in the mac dre sense) shit

trashparty

« Reply #4106 on: March 19, 2022, 10:41:07 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

They've gotta go for it. If they don't, shit is gonna get ugly. Gonna be some Utah jazz "fraud 1 seed" talk if they can't take it all the way

fr, only team i see stopping them from a chip is the nets. they got the west on lock tho for sure

bucks just arent the same without pj, or brook lopez. Plus with ayton playing as good as he is, and the addition of javal mcgee i dont think the bucks could stop them this year, not having decent big men is really what allowed Giannis to do what he did last season.

we'll have to wait and see.

thebacker

« Reply #4107 on: March 22, 2022, 10:46:25 AM »

maxey looked INSANE last night

13 in the 4th with a clutch block

cky enthusiast

« Reply #4108 on: March 22, 2022, 01:04:46 PM »
ima name my son tyrese

PAWL

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -67
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #4109 on: March 22, 2022, 04:15:13 PM »

maxey looked INSANE last night

13 in the 4th with a clutch block

love tyrese

hate that this game will be some kind of bs validation for Doc not playing the young backup bigs

yo mike mo new age ape style high five with my reborn hand.

2008 psychedelic experience. thanks.