Author Topic: Pretty Sweet Spoilers  (Read 141200 times)

Iceman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 433
Re: Pretty Sweet Spoilers
« Reply #780 on: December 07, 2012, 05:11:28 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Ty evans is no longer the epic film director guy he once was, i think he's gotten really complacent or lazy or some combination of the two. The filming was horrible and the editing was beyond stupid. If this was filmed with vx instead of those hyped up cameras im pretty sure ty evans would be out of a job. You can barely see the tricks or get any sense of the spot half the time. Like pan out or get a better angle dipshit, its not that hard. I know the cameras are heavy but shit, you're not making a good case for higher end equipment at all.

There are a couple really good tricks that are in the bonus but for some god forsaken reason werent edited into the video.

BA has a great trick (hurricane @ hubba hideout). Nothing to say, shit looks sick and was way better than all the goofy tricks he had in his actual section.

alex has this great ollie line that reminds me of ron deily's in state of mind but this time with slow mo flowing hair that immediately cuts to a bail that has him spread eagle in a nice euro filter which is followed up by the make.

Jeron does a trick up a gap and gino has a nice looking line with a really floaty quarterpipe trick that all shouldve been im the actual video.

Carroll has some cool china stuff but its all in slow mo and ruins a couple of the tricks.

Mike mo has a couple more really cool looking tricks. Theres a line where a kid doesnt high five him back that i thought was pretty funny.

The rest is okay but that stuff really stood out to me.

Doesnt look like there are any secret parts or cool easter eggs. Must be holding out on everybody so they can resell the video next year with more bonus footage. #Prettyshitty if you ask me.
[close]
Would it be sick if they all dressed poor and shouted cool slogans? SHAKE JUNT BOII CHIKKKKEN BONE BLACK PEOPLE N THE COLOUR GREEN ARE TIIIIGTH.
[close]

Whaaaaat the fuck??? Hahaha. As much as i enjoy the idea of mike carroll and guy mariano in shake junt tees screaming chicken bone nowison the answer is still no. the filming would still suck. The problem is ty evans more than it is the team.
[close]
Little bit drunk at the moment, but i am just under the impression that you love the whole ShakeJunt/DW/baker package a little to much... But what do i have to say, immm just a stranger on the world wide web. #FRIEDCHICKENISNOTREALLYTHATGOOD

One thing's for sure. You're not black.

Jack Klompis

• Rep: 53
  • you want the pen??
« Reply #781 on: December 07, 2012, 05:21:08 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Ty evans is no longer the epic film director guy he once was, i think he's gotten really complacent or lazy or some combination of the two. The filming was horrible and the editing was beyond stupid. If this was filmed with vx instead of those hyped up cameras im pretty sure ty evans would be out of a job. You can barely see the tricks or get any sense of the spot half the time. Like pan out or get a better angle dipshit, its not that hard. I know the cameras are heavy but shit, you're not making a good case for higher end equipment at all.

There are a couple really good tricks that are in the bonus but for some god forsaken reason werent edited into the video.

BA has a great trick (hurricane @ hubba hideout). Nothing to say, shit looks sick and was way better than all the goofy tricks he had in his actual section.

alex has this great ollie line that reminds me of ron deily's in state of mind but this time with slow mo flowing hair that immediately cuts to a bail that has him spread eagle in a nice euro filter which is followed up by the make.

Jeron does a trick up a gap and gino has a nice looking line with a really floaty quarterpipe trick that all shouldve been im the actual video.

Carroll has some cool china stuff but its all in slow mo and ruins a couple of the tricks.

Mike mo has a couple more really cool looking tricks. Theres a line where a kid doesnt high five him back that i thought was pretty funny.

The rest is okay but that stuff really stood out to me.

Doesnt look like there are any secret parts or cool easter eggs. Must be holding out on everybody so they can resell the video next year with more bonus footage. #Prettyshitty if you ask me.
[close]
Would it be sick if they all dressed poor and shouted cool slogans? SHAKE JUNT BOII CHIKKKKEN BONE BLACK PEOPLE N THE COLOUR GREEN ARE TIIIIGTH.
[close]

Whaaaaat the fuck??? Hahaha. As much as i enjoy the idea of mike carroll and guy mariano in shake junt tees screaming chicken bone nowison the answer is still no. the filming would still suck. The problem is ty evans more than it is the team.
[close]
Little bit drunk at the moment, but i am just under the impression that you love the whole ShakeJunt/DW/baker package a little to much... But what do i have to say, immm just a stranger on the world wide web. #FRIEDCHICKENISNOTREALLYTHATGOOD
[close]

One thing's for sure. you sound straight up stupid dissin fried chicken like that

maybe a bit racist too cause of what you said in your first post, but i'll leave that shit for somebody else
look who's eating dinner at 6 o'clock

Rockin Robbin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 424
« Reply #782 on: December 07, 2012, 05:45:38 PM »
Bonus footy is pretty cool so far. Chico and Chris Roberts have a bunch of extra footage.
"Bake me a pie of love" - Steve Winwood

trannies and mannies

« Reply #783 on: December 07, 2012, 09:51:13 PM »
I surprisingly liked this video a lot more than i thought.  Favorite part was alex olson. Least favorite was malto.

MattMacker

• Rep: -10
  • wat
« Reply #784 on: December 09, 2012, 01:42:25 PM »
is there a download for this anywhere..tried searching a bit .. PM meeeee?!?!?!?!

might as well try

Manolo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 467
« Reply #785 on: December 09, 2012, 02:47:08 PM »
So i was watching the bonus,there's also a lot of super good SKATEBOARDING in there but then,
after 1 hour of supra close biactol clearasil face shots and,ultra slowmo of absolutely anything and whatever,came the last song,;..
I just couldn't believe it.

Who the hell listen to this music?why would you want to take the music from a shampoo commercial and put it on skateboarding?
Actually take the editing AND filming FROM a commercial and put it on skateboarding?

This is a very poor concept choice in an industry full of creative people.

Even more ridiculous considering the past productions of the brand and having one of the best alternative movie maker of all time as a boss.

I googled the last track from the bonus and guess what..

http://v.blogopub.tv/black-berry-keep-in-touch.mp4

Houseshoes

• Rep: -1
  • Sexual powers
« Reply #786 on: December 09, 2012, 06:38:21 PM »
Lol at people crying during guys part

Hypnotoad

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 158
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #787 on: December 09, 2012, 08:35:58 PM »
Just watched it again.  Still love it with nary a bad thing to say.  One thing though, Chris Roberts is pro and Jesus is am?  f'really?

via

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 239
« Reply #788 on: December 09, 2012, 09:08:19 PM »
Just watched it again.  Still love it with nary a bad thing to say.  One thing though, Chris Roberts is pro and Jesus is am?  f'really?

?

myrrh

• Rep: 2
« Reply #789 on: December 10, 2012, 03:10:47 PM »
Just saw it again, Cory & MJ had the best parts.
Also the best songs.

Justice? horrible.

I think most of the skateboard movies that has become classic did NOT rely on music that was hip there and then. Maybe Im wrong?

Bobby Peru

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 610
    • Community Push avatar image
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #790 on: December 10, 2012, 03:23:09 PM »
I think most of the skateboard movies that has become classic did NOT rely on music that was hip there and then. Maybe Im wrong?

Lots of classic 90s videos were stuffed with Wu, Hiero, and other early 90s hip hop. I have to agree that in comparison, there's a lot of boring music in skate videos today, but I think in terms of current music at the time, it's pretty similar. Hell, maybe in 10 years, Malto skating to Justice might be considered classic.

dillanharp

« Reply #791 on: December 10, 2012, 03:58:39 PM »
I don't know about you guys, but Olson, Carroll and BA part, with that Beastie Boys song, of THAT ALBUM, fuuuuck I got pumped.

I know it can't all be Mike Carroll and De La, but that was the closest I've come to that since.

myrrh

« Reply #792 on: December 10, 2012, 04:07:59 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Lots of classic 90s videos were stuffed with Wu, Hiero, and other early 90s hip hop. I have to agree that in comparison, there's a lot of boring music in skate videos today, but I think in terms of current music at the time, it's pretty similar. Hell, maybe in 10 years, Malto skating to Justice might be considered classic.

But there is a lot of interesting music happening nowadays too, its just not getting used. Just want something with a bit more edge.

I dont think we can compare the position that say Wu Tang had then to what Justice have now. (Not saying you do)
Wu Tang was something more underground and a bit darker. Hip hop wasnt fucked yet.

SonictheHedgehog

• Rep: -14
« Reply #793 on: December 10, 2012, 06:14:52 PM »
I don't know about you guys, but Olson, Carroll and BA part, with that Beastie Boys song, of THAT ALBUM, fuuuuck I got pumped.

I know it can't all be Mike Carroll and De La, but that was the closest I've come to that since.

YES. Right when I heard "Looking Down the Barrel of A Gun" starting up I got pumped. Hands down by favorite part in the video. That's what 3 videos Carroll has skated to the Beastie Boys in? Questionable, Virtual Reality (the second song samples "Paul Revere") and now this.

Classic.
wash uffize drive me to firenze

Laban Fetus

« Reply #794 on: December 10, 2012, 06:29:36 PM »
I get sick of people complaining and writing masturbatory rants about the golden age of Hip-Hop and how that's the only music that should be in skate videos. Sure, Justice isn't much better but I don't need to hear the same Wu-Tang song used in every part ad-nauseum. (I'm looking at you Zoo York)

sufodiv

• Rep: -5
« Reply #795 on: December 10, 2012, 06:35:49 PM »
I get sick of people complaining and writing masturbatory rants about the golden age of Hip-Hop and how that's the only music that should be in skate videos. Sure, Justice isn't much better but I don't need to hear the same Wu-Tang song used in every part ad-nauseum. (I'm looking at you Zoo York)

I'd rather listen to wu tang over and over rather than hearing some indie rock artist moan into the mic with music in the background.

Laban Fetus

« Reply #796 on: December 10, 2012, 06:46:13 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I'd rather listen to wu tang over and over rather than hearing some indie rock artist moan into the mic with music in the background.
Sure dude, that's fine. Just try to be more open to different kinds of music... the world didn't cease to exist after Biggie's debut album came out.

Quartersnacks has my back on this at least.
http://quartersnacks.com/2011/01/the-future-of-camouflage-fashion-camo-pants-skateboarding-2011/#more-7393
« Last Edit: December 10, 2012, 06:48:02 PM by Laban Fetus »

dillanharp

« Reply #797 on: December 10, 2012, 07:34:24 PM »
Time to dust off my bdu's...

SonictheHedgehog

« Reply #798 on: December 10, 2012, 08:40:21 PM »
Just watched the Bonus Section for the first time and don't understand why so many clips were left out of the main video

Ernie McCracken

• Rep: 35
« Reply #799 on: December 10, 2012, 08:52:06 PM »
Even though I like the video more and more each time I watch it, the soundtrack still doesnt cut it. I'm usually not one to complain about music because I understand everyone has their own taste so it is impossible to please everyone; but damn... some of the stuff in the video was just straight awful. Justice will never be classic, that shit was never cool and was corny from day 1.  Usually intro songs get you hyped, but the second intro song was just garbage and annoying. I don't even want to get into "moneygrabber" There were glimpses of greatness with Looking Down the Barrel of a Gun, Wonderful World, and Five Years but other than the soundtrack left much to be desired.

after One Step Beyond, they should make this Kenny Anderson's song for every one his parts

Ernie McCracken

• Rep: 35
« Reply #800 on: December 10, 2012, 08:57:59 PM »
Just watched the Bonus Section for the first time and don't understand why so many clips were left out of the main video

I thought the same thing. I think guys like Eldridge and Kenny could have had their own full parts. Obviously nobody likes shared parts because it means less footage of someone, but they also take away the individuality from each skater. It just feels like a promo and everyone blends together.

The Human Condom

• Rep: 45
  • Free condoms! Free condoms from The Human Condom.
    • : /skeɪt/ avatar image
« Reply #801 on: December 10, 2012, 09:11:47 PM »
Christmas spoiler: mommy saw Santa Claude putting a blu-ray in your stocking with care.

kellen

« Reply #802 on: December 11, 2012, 12:18:54 AM »
kenny anderson should've had his own part; one of the best styles around.

mj's opening backside noseblunt was godlike.

Cosme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 507
« Reply #803 on: December 11, 2012, 12:33:59 AM »

Ben Colen's angle...

myrrh

« Reply #804 on: December 11, 2012, 01:55:18 AM »

My point is more that there is so much great new stuff out there, yet Ty manages to use the most toothless/friendly/boring crap known to man.
Im open to anything GOOD really. Justice just aint good, it sucks.

The Ghost of Lenny Kirk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -146
« Reply #805 on: December 11, 2012, 04:39:54 AM »

Ben Colen's angle...

lol, free rvca ad.

The photo is so much better than the actual trick. Is the ny version tsm cover going in the nike vid or was that a bail photo because it wasnt in the bonus. Theres actually a couple photos not in the video in any shape. Or maybe i missed it. What happened to the footage of that big looking ollie down a hill when olson went pro? I cant tell if its because of some bullshit angle or its actually that high. And the one of that ollie in the pool?

lalala

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 13
« Reply #806 on: December 11, 2012, 06:23:42 AM »
What happened to the footage of that big looking ollie down a hill when olson went pro? I cant tell if its because of some bullshit angle or its actually that high.

Yeah, I forgot about that one. And about that hippy jump, I bet the footage of the nyc version looked way better (new york city, at night, those green wheels) but since he was wearing vans they reshot it. Oh, and why isn't koston's independent ad (the 180 5-0 or whatever) in the video?

gripping the dick like a church girl giving her first hand job
head of the dick gonna be purple like my uncles face when he hung himself

SonictheHedgehog

« Reply #807 on: December 11, 2012, 09:03:58 PM »
Cory Kennedy's backtail backside flip out (maybe bigspin flip out) was insane. And his last line is one of the best lines ever, IMO

marshalbanana

• Rep: -7
« Reply #808 on: December 11, 2012, 10:15:42 PM »
Expand Quote

Ben Colen's angle...

[close]

lol, free rvca ad.

The photo is so much better than the actual trick. Is the ny version tsm cover going in the nike vid or was that a bail photo because it wasnt in the bonus. Theres actually a couple photos not in the video in any shape. Or maybe i missed it. What happened to the footage of that big looking ollie down a hill when olson went pro? I cant tell if its because of some bullshit angle or its actually that high. And the one of that ollie in the pool?

I think the downhill ollie would be a bit too old to use. And didn't he ollie into a pool in his Fully Flared part?

rhythm

• Rep: -1
« Reply #809 on: December 12, 2012, 12:19:17 PM »
crailtap just posted up a sick unused Alex Olson line