Author Topic: Cleveland  (Read 1897 times)

StabMasterArson

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 774
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Cleveland
« on: October 11, 2012, 08:19:25 PM »
I'm working in Cleveland til probably december or so. Where do I go?

Truancy

• Rep: 7
  • GFC lifestyle
Re: Cleveland
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2012, 02:30:08 PM »
Man enough to carry cuffs
Man enough to stand trial

floop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -28
  • the things I do for my fucking friends!
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2012, 02:38:21 PM »
I'm working in Cleveland til probably december or so. Where do I go?

try the steamers
"Every time I read one of your shitty posts I wonder why I am wasting my time looking at SLAP."

popsiclesandskatin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -14
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2012, 03:58:44 PM »
Place to eat.
http://www.winkinglizard.com/

Place to skate.

I'm sure there is a poster with more knowledge than me tho, I just visit from time to time.

skateohio

• Rep: 18
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2012, 04:21:36 PM »
Lakewood skatepark is fun, super close to cleveland, there's some good bars around that area too; now thats class does a skate night every monday, happy dog is tight . .  bay village skatepark is close by as well and has a really fun bowl w pool coping, everything else there is basically miniature. There's plenty of spots downtown- & actually just broke ground on this bitch; too bad it wont be done for a year

if you're still curious check out this shit; gives a good sense of the shit there is to skate around ctown . . . if you need a shop to go to west side skates is near lakewood skatepark off madison rd . .  they have everything. Oh & if you're down for shows grog shop is the place to check out.

« Last Edit: October 16, 2012, 04:55:09 PM by skateohio »

Shufflessss

• Rep: 34
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2012, 05:28:17 PM »
Check out Tri-Star skatshop in Parma! Best shop in Cleveland!
I don't rollerblade, I play ROLLER HOCKEY! I've been kicking haters like you to the curb forever

Random Matt

• Rep: 8
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2012, 08:28:17 AM »
I grew in Cleveland, moved a few years ago.  Downtown is fun, not sure what is and isn't a bust anymore, I would always go after 6pm or on the weekends. 

Akron is nearby, great street skating downtown, Central Hower HS is a must, and the cement park near the soapbox derby track is ok.

And if you can travel, Mantua Pool is 45 min from downtown Cleveland, it's in the woods so go on a mission with someone who's been there so they can show you which dirt road to travel down.

Or go to this wacky thing in Lorain if ten foot tall cement vert ramps are suited to your tastes

Shufflessss

« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2012, 03:39:15 PM »
Mantua pool is an instant bust now
I don't rollerblade, I play ROLLER HOCKEY! I've been kicking haters like you to the curb forever

Random Matt

• Rep: 8
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2012, 08:10:55 PM »
Why? How?

Fine Young Cannibal

• Rep: 49
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2012, 08:30:19 PM »
Always wanted to eat here:
http://meltbarandgrilled.com/

Shufflessss

« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2012, 07:06:02 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Why? How?
Cops come in like 20 minutes now

StabMasterArson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 774
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2012, 05:23:14 PM »
I've been here for a few weeks now. The hotel stole my computer charger, and havent been on it a bit. I'm staying in Independence, on rockside road. I've ate at melt and winking lizard, they are right next door to me. I think tomorrow or wednesday I'm linking up to skate with a friend. Anyone want to get down shoot me a pm and lets have a skate date.

Hammersleycinema

« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2012, 01:29:42 PM »
Ride around Dtown between w3rd and e9th and you will find stuff.  Lakeside ave in that area has quite a few spots.

RonBalone

• Rep: -21
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2012, 11:46:38 PM »
Check out Tri-Star skatshop in Parma! Best shop in Cleveland!

Not by a longshot. West Side Skates has the crown. Not even debatable.

Also just go to Lakewood skatepark.

vegan*shawn

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -416
  • listen to Jawbreaker
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2012, 12:39:36 PM »
I grew up about 40 mins south of Cleveland in the Massillon / Canton area, a friend of mine has an indoor mini ramp, there is a fun indoor park with a sick bowl and some of my other friends have outdoor mini ramps, if you are interested in taking a trip down there pm me and I will get you in touch with some folks.

skateohio

« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2012, 02:41:36 PM »
Thrasher just posted pictures of previously mentioned ' skate
night ' @ now that's class bar in Lakewood for anyone interested

there's a bunch more
http://www.thrashermagazine.com/articles/burnout/gnar-bar/
« Last Edit: October 29, 2012, 04:16:49 PM by skateohio »

garbage plate

« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2012, 08:04:31 PM »
I grew up about 40 mins south of Cleveland in the Massillon / Canton area, a friend of mine has an indoor mini ramp, there is a fun indoor park with a sick bowl and some of my other friends have outdoor mini ramps, if you are interested in taking a trip down there pm me and I will get you in touch with some folks.

evolution? if so, then yes. that park is sick. or atleast it was when i went there like five years ago.

vegan*shawn

• SLAP Pal
  • listen to Jawbreaker
« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2012, 08:37:44 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

evolution? if so, then yes. that park is sick. or atleast it was when i went there like five years ago.

Yep that's the one, that wooden bowl is so fucking fun, I guess they added some stuff since last I was there.

skateohio

« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2012, 11:27:43 PM »
bowl at evo is sick ! drops into like a 15 ft deep end in one corner. They re-did the entire "middle" section of the park directly in front of you when you walk in thru the double doors. Did such a good job & it's gnarly.

bowl (there's a bit more wear & tear on it now not that it matters any)

Place is super fun, Austin Kanfoush and pa homies as well as skatetopia fam I always see there, it's no b.s.

On another note the bank they loaned from is trying to sell the park warehouse space, said they need 5 grand to buy it out so it can't be sold, last I checked they had raised about 3k from donations and events. Would suck to lose such a fun park the place is massive; if any Ohioans haven't been I highly suggest making the trip before its too late ! (2 mini ramps - one w 2 spins and a vert wall, massive bowl super fun shape, above mentioned new flow section, another room that's connected to the flow section w a huge vert wall and quarter pipes leading into table-tops- the one even has a pole jam, & a street section that is pretty fun)

'street section' for anyone that cares

There is also chenga 2 in Parma, and chenga 57 in Lorain as far as indoor parks go around Cleveland area
« Last Edit: November 01, 2012, 07:44:58 PM by skateohio »

vegan*shawn

• SLAP Pal
  • listen to Jawbreaker
« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2012, 09:24:09 PM »
Hey Skate Ohio did you hear about Evo shutting it's doors? I hope they reopen somewhere else because that bowl is a blast!!

skateohio

« Reply #20 on: November 26, 2012, 08:57:20 PM »
yeah it's a bummer ! They closed like a week ago, I heard someone is interested in purchasing it that has the funds but as far as I know the bank owns it. I'll keep ya posted !

vegan*shawn

• SLAP Pal
  • listen to Jawbreaker
« Reply #21 on: November 26, 2012, 10:05:57 PM »
yeah it's a bummer ! They closed like a week ago, I heard someone is interested in purchasing it that has the funds but as far as I know the bank owns it. I'll keep ya posted !

Please do, I know my friends there are bummed they skated there a lot. You ever skate with Jack Brooks, Troy Schafer, Flint Mcollins? They all live in Perry, older guys who rip the hell out of that bowl.