Author Topic: Guy's Song Out of Tune  (Read 3398 times)

sluggers

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -407
Re: Guy's Song Out of Tune
« Reply #30 on: December 05, 2012, 01:46:15 PM »
Sounded brilliant to me. Not all guitars have to be what your teacher told you was in tune.

Rasmus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 65
« Reply #31 on: December 05, 2012, 03:20:40 PM »
Wow out of tune? I'll have to listen closely. The song reminded me of grudge/Courtney Love type sound so maybe that is what you are hearing. Why don't you Google the tabs and play it for us with a tuned guitar on YouTube so we can be the judge. Those are the best YouTube videos.

It was definitely out of tune (listen to the solo - and it's not the lead guitar, but the rhythm as OP said). And no guitars don't have to sound like you're taught, but that was stylistic out of tune, as it was a pretty regular pop song, and in that style you wouldn't have a guitar out of tune. Also she's using a Capo, and that can pretty easily get a guitar to loose its tuning.

cheesychip

• Rep: -3
« Reply #32 on: December 05, 2012, 03:52:25 PM »
so fuck?
''Your talk,'' I said, "is surely the handiwork of wisdom because not one word of it do I understand.''
― Flann O'Brien,

john smith

« Reply #33 on: December 05, 2012, 04:27:42 PM »
Expand Quote
Wow out of tune? I'll have to listen closely. The song reminded me of grudge/Courtney Love type sound so maybe that is what you are hearing. Why don't you Google the tabs and play it for us with a tuned guitar on YouTube so we can be the judge. Those are the best YouTube videos.
[close]

It was definitely out of tune (listen to the solo - and it's not the lead guitar, but the rhythm as OP said). And no guitars don't have to sound like you're taught, but that was stylistic out of tune, as it was a pretty regular pop song, and in that style you wouldn't have a guitar out of tune. Also she's using a Capo, and that can pretty easily get a guitar to loose its tuning.

congratulations on your guitar knowledge.  please share a link with your licks.  i'd love to hear them.

Paper Crane

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 115
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.

Punkisdead83

• Rep: 0
« Reply #35 on: December 05, 2012, 09:34:05 PM »
Just to make shit right here.

« Last Edit: December 05, 2012, 09:38:03 PM by Punkisdead83 »

Tequila Redbull

« Reply #36 on: December 05, 2012, 09:44:13 PM »
The guitars playing together on the first 3 chords they repeat 4 times and then it slightly changes and then the song starts, are in tune they're playing the same chords.

C Am E It's a good song to play on the guitar. C F Am is a fun progression to play too. I bet capo-ing that shit and playing her portion out of an amp and your homie dong the solo with some distortion would sound sick as fuck in your apartment or whatever.

Napalm Tree

• Rep: -1
« Reply #37 on: December 05, 2012, 10:32:55 PM »
this shit isn't even real guitar music.

Tarela

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 11
  • We spent four seasons at the Four Seasons twice
« Reply #38 on: December 05, 2012, 10:35:02 PM »
the cover aint the worst but why didnt he just skate to the original kid cudi version??? and as for SOTY he was robbed Guy had parts in 3 different decades that completely changed the way people skateboard and look at skating...it would be amazing if he put out another part and was up for it again he was robbed, but thrasher been wack for a min now, i didnt think anyone who didnt have a part on the thrasher site this year would win it......he should be up there with guys like koston, cardiel, reynolds on that list

Bloody Matt

• Rep: -41
« Reply #39 on: December 06, 2012, 01:17:48 AM »
What a hilarious looking band. Sober Guy has some pretty weak taste in music.

And way to not offer up the Cuervo to your hilarious looking band mates, Lissie.