Author Topic: new balance enters skate shoe arena  (Read 136493 times)

zuma

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 144
Re: new balance enters skate shoe arena
« Reply #360 on: December 25, 2012, 02:37:17 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I believe this is relevant to this topic:

[close]

With New Balance, and now this, it's pretty safe to say Black Box is really hurting for money.

This is upsetting, because that means Slave will probably be the first company to get put down.
[close]
Am I the only one who thinks that logo kind of looks like a nazi SS under the tongue?
[close]
Black Box is always doing some suspect racist things.
[close]

i have also noticed this... *strokes chin*

if you take the fallen logo apart you can form a swastika...

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #361 on: December 25, 2012, 09:20:34 AM »
Expand Quote
Fuck you, Jamie Thomas. I hope that this fails and that Fallen goes out of business within the next year.
[close]
I agree with the fuck Jamie Thomas, but isn't the whole point of keeping companies like new balance out of the skateboarding industry is to keep brands like fallen alive?

Not for a greedy bastard like him. Fallen is just as bad as New Balance now, in my opinion.
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

Fastfreddy

« Reply #362 on: December 25, 2012, 09:42:11 AM »
Will someone put kyle berard on! for the love of god, the guy does more for skateboarding than most dudes out there!

S.E.

« Reply #363 on: December 25, 2012, 09:47:00 AM »
So you bash Jamie for supporting a corporate companies involvement in skating yet Busenitz and kenny anderson are core as fuck?....please explain the logic

Zurg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
« Reply #364 on: December 25, 2012, 12:14:48 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I believe this is relevant to this topic:

[close]

With New Balance, and now this, it's pretty safe to say Black Box is really hurting for money.

This is upsetting, because that means Slave will probably be the first company to get put down.
[close]
Am I the only one who thinks that logo kind of looks like a nazi SS under the tongue?
[close]
Black Box is always doing some suspect racist things.
[close]

i have also noticed this... *strokes chin*
[close]

if you take the fallen logo apart you can form a swastika...

if you wear that fallen shoe backwards it transmits a satanic message, or a santanic guitar lick. i cant remember which

era

« Reply #365 on: December 25, 2012, 01:15:15 PM »
So you guys didn't think Fallen was corny before? Damn

apad88

« Reply #366 on: December 25, 2012, 03:30:51 PM »
not corny, just misunderstood

asakusa75

« Reply #367 on: December 25, 2012, 05:44:26 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
not corny, just misunderstood

This picture makes me mad.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2012, 06:04:02 PM by asakusa75 »

Houseshoes

• Rep: -1
  • Sexual powers
« Reply #368 on: December 25, 2012, 05:55:08 PM »
Its just a phase. Those fallens are straight up neo nazi

apad88

« Reply #369 on: December 25, 2012, 06:02:43 PM »
Jamie Thomas does come off as skinhead

Iceman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 433
« Reply #370 on: December 25, 2012, 06:36:10 PM »

black coffee

• Rep: 0
« Reply #371 on: December 30, 2012, 03:26:32 PM »
I'm pretty interested in the production ethics of these shoes. If they're slavery free it would actually mean more to me than supporting the "nowadays called core businesses"

not that I would rather support a company owned and runned by skaters vs. a corporate company but buying shoes that are not made by little kids in China or Korea vs. shoes made in America would rather get my support.

Does anyone know about the prodction process? I think earlier on it said that Black Box would take care of production and not N.B. itself?

vegan*shawn

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -416
  • listen to Jawbreaker
« Reply #372 on: December 30, 2012, 04:23:02 PM »
I thought Korea working conditions where good compared to China??

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #373 on: December 30, 2012, 06:06:30 PM »
So you bash Jamie for supporting a corporate companies involvement in skating yet Busenitz and kenny anderson are core as fuck?....please explain the logic

I'm not gonna fault those guys for getting a paycheck, but I am gonna fault Jamie Thomas for actively welcoming another non-skating company into the shoe market and making things harder for other companies that are already struggling, especially since he's got a shoe company of his own and should know what having a smaller company is like.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2012, 06:08:55 PM by frank gerwer's nose »
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

BigMoe

« Reply #374 on: December 30, 2012, 08:16:39 PM »
Walk it out Jamie

Cthulhu!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 458
« Reply #375 on: December 30, 2012, 08:42:19 PM »

Iceman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #376 on: December 30, 2012, 08:46:17 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
I'm not gonna fault those guys for getting a paycheck, but I am gonna fault Jamie Thomas for actively welcoming another non-skating company into the shoe market and making things harder for other companies that are already struggling, especially since he's got a shoe company of his own and should know what having a smaller company is like.

Not for nothing, there's some cognitive dissonance going on right there. Buse, KA and whomever chose to ride for a corporate company over a skater owned company are doing just as much damage as Jamie is.

White Owl

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 10
« Reply #377 on: December 30, 2012, 08:50:39 PM »
Expand Quote
PJ
jake Johnson
Tom K

keep an eye out
[close]

Uh oh....slap just went from hate to love. Believe it!

Jake Johnson and Tom K are two of my favorites, but even with dudes like this on there team i still dont think i will ever like New Balance...

chillout

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 9
  • beer
« Reply #378 on: December 30, 2012, 09:10:32 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
PJ
jake Johnson
Tom K

keep an eye out
[close]

Uh oh....slap just went from hate to love. Believe it!
[close]

Jake Johnson and Tom K are two of my favorites, but even with dudes like this on there team i still dont think i will ever like New Balance...

i feel the exact same way. those 3 guys are definately in my top 10 but i couldnt bring myself to buy into NB.
lakai or die.

Big Skatefase

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 561
« Reply #379 on: December 30, 2012, 09:15:13 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

Not for nothing, there's some cognitive dissonance going on right there. Buse, KA and whomever chose to ride for a corporate company over a skater owned company are doing just as much damage as Jamie is.

i don't understand why people don't hold skaters and the industry responsible as a whole. "they're just doing it for a paycheck"...so they is sellouts then?  ??? just keep it 1hunna. they really don't give a shit about the industry. as long as the checks keep rollin in they good.

what pros (and the industry) choose to support has an effect on the landscape of da "industry".

i think some you guys underestimate da influence pros have on kids (who are da core consumer demographic). kids see their favorite pros rockin "corporate" shoes and they gonna want to pick em up for themselves.

real tallk they just as guilty as jamie for this shit.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2012, 09:29:16 PM by Big Skatefase »

Iceman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #380 on: December 30, 2012, 09:24:46 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]

i don't understand why people don't hold skaters and the industry responsible as a whole. "they're just doing it for a paycheck"...so they is sellouts then?  ??? just keep it 1hunna. they really don't give a shit about the industry. as long as the checks keep rollin in they good.

what pros (and the industry) choose to support has an effect on the landscape of da "industry".

i think some you guys underestimate da influence pros have on kids (who are da core consumer demographic). kids see their favorite pros rockin "corporate" shoes and they gonna want to pick em up for themselves.

real tallk they just as guilty as jame for this shit.

Man knows what's up.

NowhereInLife

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 20
« Reply #381 on: December 31, 2012, 10:12:47 PM »
real talk if nb came out with a shoe i liked tomorrow, i would get them as as soon as i could catch them on sale (i paid full price for kostons once, but they are sitting under my bed because i'm too disgusted with myself for paying full for any shoe to ride them, not to say i'm not looking forward to it).  i really don't care what dumb pro (no disrespect) that has zero to do with my actual life is pushing them or not. And you know know this is true for most of skatedom regardless of whatever bullshit fake core bullsquash they may spout intially.  look at nike, cons, adidas... you all eatin that shit up mmm mmm good.  matterafact, i'd run those red white and blue shits if the felt right and be swetted i'm sure.

free tony pops.

jerrys_kids

« Reply #382 on: December 31, 2012, 10:19:46 PM »
real talk if nb came out with a shoe i liked tomorrow, i would get them as as soon as i could catch them on sale (i paid full price for kostons once, but they are sitting under my bed because i'm too disgusted with myself for paying full for any shoe to ride them, not to say i'm not looking forward to it).  i really don't care what dumb pro (no disrespect) that has zero to do with my actual life is pushing them or not. And you know know this is true for most of skatedom regardless of whatever bullshit fake core bullsquash they may spout intially.  look at nike, cons, adidas... you all eatin that shit up mmm mmm good.  matterafact, i'd run those red white and blue shits if the felt right and be swetted i'm sure.

free tony pops.

you may not but the point he was trying to make is that some people do, specifically younger kids. I mean a few years back I know everyone saw at least one kid (probably more like 100) around town with an element deck, a heartagram shirt, and adios because they liked bam, doesn't mean the majority of the skate world did, and I'm sure that most people on slap don't, but most the people who skate aren't like the people on slap. I think sometimes we tend to forget that what we like isn't always what everyone else will like, especially young impressionable kids who like stupid stuff.

Chipp

• Rep: -10
« Reply #383 on: January 01, 2013, 11:44:44 AM »

free tony pops.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA i didn't anything you wrote after "real talk" I'm just going to go out on a limb here and say shut up though

Dishonest John

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 92
  • Nya Ah Ahh!
« Reply #384 on: January 01, 2013, 12:31:20 PM »

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 794
« Reply #385 on: January 01, 2013, 12:49:34 PM »
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

apad88

« Reply #386 on: January 01, 2013, 12:58:10 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

sheesh, here we go again...
fuck them, obviously no one gives a shit about or their gay little logos and campaign slogans. they can make all the little signs they want and it's not changing shit.

vegan*shawn

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -416
  • listen to Jawbreaker
« Reply #387 on: January 01, 2013, 01:24:40 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
fuck them, obviously no one gives a shit about or their gay little logos and campaign slogans. they can make all the little signs they want and it's not changing shit.

Alan Peterson would rip you limb from limb....

apad88

« Reply #388 on: January 01, 2013, 01:46:56 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]

he makes gay signs

pica

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -36
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #389 on: January 01, 2013, 01:51:44 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
he makes gay signs
if only two or three skaters decide not to buy nike/adidas/converse/NB any more the entire campaign is worth it. also Karma Tsocheff would rip you as well.